The Cars Land Wide Right Technique: How to be one of the first 20 people on RSR w/MM

Ok, so I'm planning strategy for our June 2013 trip. What I'm hearing is run Wide Right to get on early during EMH. If possible, get multiple rides or add in Luigi and/or Mater. Then go to the FP line a little before park opening instead of waiting in the FP line for an hour, to target a FP for a ride at night.

Would that work? Is it possible to "time" my entry into the FP line to get a nighttime FP?

Can someone clarify this? Does Wide-Right work during normal entry hours? I am not staying on property. If we get to the gates 45 min early should we do the FP line or the ride first, then the FP line? We'll be there early on Thursday, so I'm hoping the wide right will work for us :)

Sorry, I am trying to formulate my plan .:teacher:

Can someone clarify this? Does Wide-Right work during normal entry hours? I am not staying on property. If we get to the gates 45 min early should we do the FP line or the ride first, then the FP line? We'll be there early on Thursday, so I'm hoping the wide right will work for us :)

Sorry, I am trying to formulate my plan .:teacher:

If you're not staying on property, I would suggest wide-right on days that don't have early entry. This is so you have an equal chance at RSR with everyone. I definitely suggest doing ride first, than FP. FP tends to run out somewhere between an hour to 1 1/2 after park opens, so if you're one of the first in line for RSR, then it's worth it to get the FP immediately after. Depending on when you're going, 45 min should be a good time to get to the Esplanade, fast walk to end of Buena Vista Street where they'll hold you back, going as far right as possible, and hopefully being one of the first people on RSR. Just as long as the ride isn't shut down until noon or something of that sort :)

Has anyone who didn't have EMH but got in right at regular park opening on an EMH day gone straight to RSR? What are the stand by and FP lines like on for off site guests on EMH days ?

we are going right after New Years and this will be our first trip since CL opened so CL will be a priority. But with no EMH because we are staying off site I want to figure out our best strategy. We want to hit Carsland early of course but dont know if we should go on a non EMH day or try our luck on an EMH day. There are two EMH days on our trip and if we go to DCA on the first non EMH day that will mean not using our DL MM until our last day of our trip.

Our days will be Wed-Sat (Costco 4 day PH). So Im thinking DL on Wed since CL is an EMH day.
CL on Thursday so we can do wide right and then hopefully get FP right after.
Fri- probably start at DL but will probably decide that on the trip.
Sat- DL MM.

We will likely PH atleast 2 of the 4 days so we will hit rides in both parks throughout but we want to have a CL strategy since it is a priority this trip.

mysteriouspnai said:
If you're not staying on property, I would suggest wide-right on days that don't have early entry. This is so you have an equal chance at RSR with everyone. I definitely suggest doing ride first, than FP. FP tends to run out somewhere between an hour to 1 1/2 after park opens, so if you're one of the first in line for RSR, then it's worth it to get the FP immediately after. Depending on when you're going, 45 min should be a good time to get to the Esplanade, fast walk to end of Buena Vista Street where they'll hold you back, going as far right as possible, and hopefully being one of the first people on RSR. Just as long as the ride isn't shut down until noon or something of that sort :)

Thank you!! I really appreciate your advice!! I really hope the ride isn't down Thursday. We'll be trying the Wide Right technique (non EMH day).

Thanks again!

mysteriouspnai said:

Hi. So sorry, but can you explain this. I've never visited DCA yet since Carsland has been built. I'm going in mid Dec. If you could specify a lil bi plz?? So CL is @ end of Buena Vista st, right? Wide right wld mean then going as far right as possible as cast members keep us from lining up right? I wld love to be able to tk ur advice with getting in line quickly. Thanx so much!!

Has anyone who didn't have EMH but got in right at regular park opening on an EMH day gone straight to RSR? What are the stand by and FP lines like on for off site guests on EMH days ?

I would love to know this too. Anyone?

Hi. So sorry, but can you explain this. I've never visited DCA yet since Carsland has been built. I'm going in mid Dec. If you could specify a lil bi plz?? So CL is @ end of Buena Vista st, right? Wide right wld mean then going as far right as possible as cast members keep us from lining up right? I wld love to be able to tk ur advice with getting in line quickly. Thanx so much!!

Hi Sara,

CL is not directly at the end of BVS, but there are Cast Members blocking you from heading straight to CL before rope drop. You're correct in that Wide Right means going as far right as possible. There are Cast Members at the front of the crowd who are holding a gas pump and they will walk the crowd to RSR.

mysteriouspnai said:
Hi Sara,

CL is not directly at the end of BVS, but there are Cast Members blocking you from heading straight to CL before rope drop. You're correct in that Wide Right means going as far right as possible. There are Cast Members at the front of the crowd who are holding a gas pump and they will walk the crowd to RSR.

Thank U! I just wanted to clarify because sometimes I tend to try things and mk them harder than what they really are. This sounds simple enough. We will wait to go to DCA till a non- early entry day, head toward CL and do as you said. :)

So why doing the wide right technique do we walk along the backside of grizzly river run? Just trying to figure out the walk on map

So why doing the wide right technique do we walk along the backside of grizzly river run? Just trying to figure out the walk on map

Beacuse the backside of GRR is on the right side of the road that goes from BVS to Cars Land.

I would love to know this too. Anyone?

We were in the parks last week. We went to DCA on Wednesday the 7th which was an early entry day for hotel guests. We arrived on the esplanade from way of the Mickey and Friends parking tram at about 9:15. They were letting regular guests into the park and into the fast pass line, but the rest of the park was roped off. I went straight to the fast pass line with my groups 14 tickets. They didn't start distributing fast passes until 10:00am. I received a fastpass for RSR for my entire group with a return time of 12:50 to 1:50. I then went straight to WOC and rcvd Blue Fast Passes. Had all fast passes in hand by 10:17. I did wait about 40 minutes in the fast pass line prior to park opening. However, I didn't mind it as we couldn't have done anything anyway. I would think as long as you are in the line before official park opening you will get a fast pass. However, the line might take a little longer to get through. Later in the day I heard a CM tell another guest that they ran out of FP distribution by 10:45 that day. The park hours were only 10:00am to 8:00pm.
I think FP is the way to go as the ride often goes down. However, the night before (Tuesday the 6th, election day.) We were able to ride at night with only a 35 min wait. I am not sure how we lucked out for that but once folks start heading to WOC if it is a slower day in the park you may luck out as well.
Our plan was to have two options to get on the ride. Also, if you can I would recommend riding once at night and once during daylight. A completely different experience each time.
I wouldn't let EMH for hotel guests scare you. Just try and get to the park as early as possible.

Good Luck and have fun!

Thanks for all the information. I have a MM for DL and the only day I have to do DCA is on an EMH. So I guess my best option is for a fastpass then. Does the wide right method help if your going to fastpasses too? I'll be there before opening/rope drop waiting and ready to go.

So based on BusyB15's report it appears they are letting non EMH guests get in line for FP while EMH is going on. Hmmmm, we were thinking about going on RSR and then I would jump in the FP line while the rest of the family went on Mator and Luigi. Kind of throws things off. Anyone have a better plan?

Thanks for all the information. I have a MM for DL and the only day I have to do DCA is on an EMH. So I guess my best option is for a fastpass then. Does the wide right method help if your going to fastpasses too? I'll be there before opening/rope drop waiting and ready to go.

The wide right method doesn't work for FPs, only for standby. You go in the opposite direction to get RSR FPs.

So based on BusyB15's report it appears they are letting non EMH guests get in line for FP while EMH is going on. Hmmmm, we were thinking about going on RSR and then I would jump in the FP line while the rest of the family went on Mator and Luigi. Kind of throws things off. Anyone have a better plan?

They have allowed regular guests to get in line for FP while EMH is going on for some time now. It was this way when I was there over the summer and again when I was there over Veteran's Day weekend. There are essentially two RSR FP lines that get joined together at park opening. The EMH people wait in this line:
emhlineforrsr.jpg

The regular park guests are waiting behind a rope and you can see underneath Carthay Circle there is a separate line. This is the RSR FP line for regular guests. At a minute or two before opening, the CM walks the beginning of this line to the back of the EMH FP line.
standbylineforrsr.jpg

As a Disneyland non-veteran I'm confused.

So if non-EMH guests are allowed early entry to access the RSR fastpass line I'm wondering how one goes about entering the park during the EMH.

Normally a person is asked to produce a hotel room key card to access EMH? Correct?

Without a room card key do you just tell the CM at the gate you are headed for the fastpass line or is everyone let in to a holding area and only hotel guests are allowed into the park past the rope?

As a Disneyland non-veteran I'm confused.

So if non-EMH guests are allowed early entry to access the RSR fastpass line I'm wondering how one goes about entering the park during the EMH.

Normally a person is asked to produce a hotel room key card to access EMH? Correct?

Without a room card key do you just tell the CM at the gate you are headed for the fastpass line or is everyone let in to a holding area and only hotel guests are allowed into the park past the rope?

I cant speak from experience but I think what happens is that non EMH guests get into BVS (or some other area near the entrance but in the park) a little early but well into the EMH and they are held in a certain area. Im guessing if EMH starts at 7am that non EMH guests arent allowed into the parks until 7:45 or 7:50 or something close to that. There they have guests who want FP line up seperate from the EMH guests and then at some point the lines merge. Sounds like a CM walks the non EMH line over to the back of the EMH line when it is time to open.

I cant speak from experience but I think what happens is that non EMH guests get into BVS (or some other area near the entrance but in the park) a little early but well into the EMH and they are held in a certain area. Im guessing if EMH starts at 7am that non EMH guests arent allowed into the parks until 7:45 or 7:50 or something close to that. There they have guests who want FP line up seperate from the EMH guests and then at some point the lines merge. Sounds like a CM walks the non EMH line over to the back of the EMH line when it is time to open.

Thanks. So if we get there at say 7:15am I assume there a line for non-EMH guests?

Okay, we will be going to CL on December 19, an early entry for hotel guests. We are staying at the Grand Californian. What time should we get to the main gates? I already understand to not use the GC entry. Our plan is to ride RSR, Luigi's, Maters, and then our hour will be up (I am guessing,) so I think at that point I need to get in the fastpass line to get RSR fastpasses for that evening. Does this sound right? What time should I get to the gate? Oh, and how long does it take to get to the gate from the hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts