The Cars Land Wide Right Technique: How to be one of the first 20 people on RSR w/MM

We were able to ride Radiator Springs Racers 5 times over the 4 days we were there, all with little to no wait. As I mentioned above, we took advantage of our two EMH days and walked onto the ride both mornings. On both EMH days, I got in the FP line shortly before the park opened to the general public. One day, I got FPs for later that morning. The second day, I stood off to the side of the FP machines after I got to the front of the line and waited for a FP return time later in the day that would allow us to ride the ride after dark (because I'd read so much about doing that). So we rode the ride twice on both of our EMH days. On another day when we had EMH for Disneyland, I hopped over to DCA mid-morning and got in the FP line, again waiting for a FP return time that would be after dark. Longest wait using the FP line was about 15 min. So we rode 3 times during the day and twice after dark. Loved getting to do both. I would certainly encourage others to ride Radiator Springs Racers both during the day and after dark for two very different experiences if you are able to.

We will be there Nov 7 and 8 - looking at the info it seems that MM will be on Thursday and EMH for CA will be on Friday - is this correct?

I also just found out that they are filming the Christmas day parade that weekend. Should we still take advantage of the early morning hours? From what I read we should use the main entrance on EMH day for CA not the GC entrance. We are staying at the GC

Thank you

Yes, you are correct. Early entry on Nov 7 is for DL. Early entry on Nov 8 is for DCA. I would always take advantage of early entry! You can accomplish so much more in much less time.

As for which entrance to use for DCA early entry, it depends on how early you are willing to get up. If you are one of the first ones in line for the GCH entrance to DCA, that would be your best bet. You're a little closer to Cars Land. But the line for the GCH entrance moves a lot slower than the main gate, so if you are not toward the front of the GCH entrance line, you are better off going through the main gates.

So I'm a little confused.

We are staying at the GC on the 8th, the first day that RSR is open with the Christmas overlay. It is a magical morning for DCA. That's the only day we can ride it. Shall we do wide right or take advantage of the extra hour?

My understanding is that you do wide right during the EMH. I'm a newbie and someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you are supposed to move to the right as you gain entry so as to not get stuck behind the masses.

PS. What Christmas overlay? I follow the Christmas thread like a fiend and haven't read anything about that.

My understanding is that you do wide right during the EMH. I'm a newbie and someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you are supposed to move to the right as you gain entry so as to not get stuck behind the masses.

PS. What Christmas overlay? I follow the Christmas thread like a fiend and haven't read anything about that.

So do you use the exclusive entrance or walk to the main entrance?

So do you use the exclusive entrance or walk to the main entrance?

You should never use the exclusive entrance for DCA EMH or first thing on a non-EMH morning. There are two few turnstiles for too many people. Use the DCA main entrance.

When RSR and CarsLand eventually dies down in a year or two then the special DCA entrance may be a good idea again.

:wizard:

So I'm a little confused.

We are staying at the GC on the 8th, the first day that RSR is open with the Christmas overlay. It is a magical morning for DCA. That's the only day we can ride it. Shall we do wide right or take advantage of the extra hour?

Well I am a little confused. You can do both. Do wide right for RSR and take advantage of EMH. If you want.

You should never use the exclusive entrance for DCA EMH or first thing on a non-EMH morning. There are two few turnstiles for too many people. Use the DCA main entrance.

When RSR and CarsLand eventually dies down in a year or two then the special DCA entrance may be a good idea again.

:wizard:

Actually this past weekend we used the exclusive entrance for both EMH we went to at DCA never had any problems. The lines went very quickly and we were in the park in no time. Rode many attractions with minimal or no waits including RSR plus had time to line up for FP for later.

Actually this past weekend we used the exclusive entrance for both EMH we went to at DCA never had any problems. The lines went very quickly and we were in the park in no time. Rode many attractions with minimal or no waits including RSR plus had time to line up for FP for later.

That is awesome. Glad it worked for you. Many others have had the opposite experience. Guess it depends on the person and the day and whether they want to take a chance on using the special entrance.

I am glad to hear that this is now a viable option - at least sometimes. For me I would still go to the main entrance if I really wanted to be near the front of the crowd to experience RSR.

:)

I've searched u-tube for videos showing people using the "wide right" technique and saw a copy of the rope drop walk, but they have left me more confused about what to expect.

These are different, right? The park is wide open for EME and then the rope drop walk through the park is the hour of the regular park entry. Is that why one rope drop video showed all these other people standing around in front of the crowd slowly walking behind the rope? I'm guessing those were EME guests who were already in the park.

Can anyone recommend videos to help me see this in action so I can better understand what to expect?
:worried:

I've searched u-tube for videos showing people using the "wide right" technique and saw a copy of the rope drop walk, but they have left me more confused about what to expect.

These are different, right? The park is wide open for EME and then the rope drop walk through the park is the hour of the regular park entry. Is that why one rope drop video showed all these other people standing around in front of the crowd slowly walking behind the rope? I'm guessing those were EME guests who were already in the park.

Can anyone recommend videos to help me see this in action so I can better understand what to expect?
:worried:

I'm guessing that the video you watched was people being led into carsland during regular park opening on an EE day for hotel guests. The same thing happens for hotel guests during EE, but as you pointed out, there would be no one already in cars land in front of the rope. I wouldn't really call it a rope drop, per say, just a slow, controlled entry into Cars Land.

If you are planning to do wide right, either as a hotel guest during EE or on a non EE day, you will enter the park, walk quickly to beginning of cars land and then get as close to the CM holding the right end of the gas hose rope. It isn't a rope drop, as others can go into other areas of DCA.

I don't have a video, but I explained it pretty well in my TR, and the photos might help you visualize it a bit better. It's really quite straightforward.

Here are a couple pics DH took of regular park opening on an EE day. He was standing in the RSR FP line.

Here you can see the rope that keeps the non EE guests separate from the EE guests.

And here you can see the CMs carrying the gas hose. The woman in the tye-dye shirt is in the prime location (as long as no one cuts in front of her or shoves her over!) The boy in the goofy hat chose the wrong side of the rope. Actually, all of these people are wasting their time because the standby line was at 45+ minutes by this point, so they should have just gotten into the FP machine line!

Thanks for the pictures Rubygoose!
I'm trying to figure out the pathway and the picture helps alot.

Can anyone tell me where the FP for RSR is?
Looks like the lone is right beside the rope drop area.

We are going for 3 days only marathon weekend. Hoping to ride 3 times. Friday we will do the far right and then hope to get FPs for a night ride. Saturday DL has early entry which we will not be able to participate in. If we go into DL as soon as we can do you think we would still be able to get FPs for that day? And is there anything worth going to CA to get FPs for before going to DL first to ride/get RSR FPs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!