• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

I saw it last week, and it was so incredible. It’s heartbreaking, but it’s funny and sweet too, and the music is great. And I’m so glad they performed “Ring of Keys” on the show. Sydney just knocked it out of the park with that performance.

She was incredible, it's on my list of must sees for the next few months... I'm in a must be selective in what I see phase...

My daughter won the twitter lottery for Book Of Mormon tickets- so tomorrow night we are getting tickets for 32.00 each! Sunday I am going to see Disenchanted and next Thursday seeing Mamma Mia- 3 shows in 7 days!

DD and I just planned a last-minute trip to NYC so she can attend an audition on Wed. 6/24, so we are free to see a show that night! What do you recommend? I don't even know where to look for an inclusive list of what's playing on and off-Broadway. We usually just go to TKTS and get whatever sounds interesting. (Still kicking myself for getting Jersey Boys instead of Billy Elliott, though... didn't know BE would close before we got back.)

I am going to see American in Paris with friends in August, so that's out, DD's seen Wicked, we've seen Jersey Boys, Chicago. I'm thinking about Curious Incident. Any recommendations for musicals? I am just so excited that we are going to be in New York!

Last edited:
DD and I just planned a last-minute trip to NYC so she can attend an audition on Wed. 6/24, so we are free to see a show that night! What do you recommend? I don't even know where to look for an inclusive list of what's playing on and off-Broadway. We usually just go to TKTS and get whatever sounds interesting. (Still kicking myself for getting Jersey Boys instead of Billy Elliott, though... didn't know BE would close before we

I am going to see American in Paris with friends in August, so that's out, DD's seen Wicked, we've seen Jersey Boys, Chicago. I'm thinking about Curious Incident. Any recommendations for musicals? I am just so excited that we are going to be in New York!

I recently saw La Mis and A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder. Both were great shows, totally different. I've also heard wonderful things of Something Rotten. Go to Broadwaybox.com for discounts.

DH and I are going to NYC next month. I bought tickets for Finding Neverland online so we're set for that. Over the last 10 years or so we've seen 42nd Street, Radio City Christmas Show, Nice Work if You Can Get It, Wicked, Chicago, Cinderella, and Addam's Family. We're considering Avenue Q this trip and probably will hit up the 1/2 price Tkts booth once to see what we can get. Maybe Jersey Boys, but we'll see. We're going for 5 nights and staying at the Marriott Marquis, which is where we usually stay. I prefer musicals so if anyone has a suggestion (not Les Mis).... We've seen Mama Mia in DC also so that's out.

Cinderella and Wicked were so good. Nathan Lane in Addams Family was wonderful as he ad-libbed quite a bit. Nice Work starred Matthew Broderick and had a pretty short run. We got those tickets at the tkts booth.

Last edited:
I just got home and turned on the TV for a few moments and just caught the tail end of a rebroadcast of the 25th Anniversary of Les Mis with Alfie Boe. They announced that Alfie Boe is coming back to Les Mis on Broadway in the fall!!! :woohoo: I had to check to be sure the announcement wasn't part of the rerun.

Alfie confirmed on his website that he is definitely coming back to Les Mis! It took me all of 5 minutes to decide to get a ticket for his second nite back. As much as I would have loved to be there for his opening nite back and to see him receive roses and the massive standing ovations I know he will receive, the tickets are an extra $50 each. :eek:

I figure he will be nervous and maybe a little shaky anyway, being the first nite back. So hopefully the second nite will be even better. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I got 4th row center seats! :woohoo: I'm so excited! :tongue:

Last edited:
DH and I are going to NYC next month. I bought tickets for Finding Neverland online so we're set for that. Over the last 10 years or so we've seen 42nd Street, Radio City Christmas Show, Nice Work if You Can Get It, Wicked, Chicago, Cinderella, and Addam's Family. We're considering Avenue Q this trip and probably will hit up the 1/2 price Tkts booth once to see what we can get. Maybe Jersey Boys, but we'll see. We're going for 5 nights and staying at the Marriott Marquis, which is where we usually stay. I prefer musicals so if anyone has a suggestion (not Les Mis).... We've seen Mama Mia in DC also so that's out.

Cinderella and Wicked were so good. Nathan Lane in Addams Family was wonderful as he ad-libbed quite a bit. Nice Work starred Matthew Broderick and had a pretty short run. We got those tickets at the tkts booth.

I love avenue Q but it's very politically incorrect... You could try Hedwig, or kinky boots, or A gentleman's guide to love and murder. I happen to love Jersey Boys, so another good pick! All good choices. I haven't seen it but I hear Aladdin is very good not sure it will be on TKTS....

I just got home and turned on the TV for a few moments and just caught the tail end of a rebroadcast of the 25th Anniversary of Les Mis with Alfie Boe. They announced that Alfie Boe is coming back to Les Mis on Broadway in the fall!!! :woohoo: I had to check to be sure, the announcement wasn't part of the rerun.

Alfie confirmed he is definitely coming back to Les Mis! It took me all of 5 minutes to decide to get a ticket for his second nite back. As much as I would have loved to be there for his opening nite back and to see him receive roses and the massive standing ovations I know he will receive, the tickets are an extra $50 each. :eek:

I figure he will be nervous and maybe a little shaky anyway, being the first nite back. So hopefully the second nite will be even better. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I got 4th row center seats! :woohoo: I'm so excited! :tongue:

I watched some of this last night as well! I've been looking for a reason to see this show again.... Maybe I will get tickets for the fall....

We saw Book of Mormon this week, it was great but it's never at tkts. Kinky boots is a good one to see too or Hedwig

I saw Chicago for the first time yesterday! My friend and I decided to rush the 3:00 show and ended up with 2nd row seats!

I didn't know Brandy was in as Roxie currently- she was fantastic. Our Velma was good, but I had nobody to compare her to. I loved our Mama Morton and Amos.

I just got home and turned on the TV for a few moments and just caught the tail end of a rebroadcast of the 25th Anniversary of Les Mis with Alfie Boe. They announced that Alfie Boe is coming back to Les Mis on Broadway in the fall!!! :woohoo: I had to check to be sure the announcement wasn't part of the rerun.

Alfie confirmed on his website he is definitely coming back to Les Mis!

I watched some of this last night as well! I've been looking for a reason to see this show again.... Maybe I will get tickets for the fall....

Be sure to check Alfie's website to confirm the actual dates he will be doing the show. http://alfie-boe.com/news/alfie-will-reprise-his-role-as-jean-valjean-on-broadway/

At the bottom of one page they listed certain dates he will NOT be performing in Les Mis due to prior commitments:

"Alfie Boe will not perform in LES MISÉRABLES October 27 through November 1 due to prior commitments."

But, if anything else gets updated, you will want to know. It would be horrible to go to TeleCharge, find excellent seats for certain dates and not know until you get to the theatre that Alfie is not performing those nites. :sad:

The ONLY reason I am seeing the show again is for Alfie. This is the 5th time I will be seeing Les Mis on Broadway. While I love the show, I have no desire to see it again with anyone else, except maybe Colm Wilkinson, who originated the role. And I did get to see him when the show first opened. :lovestruc

Be sure to check Alfie's website to confirm the actual dates he will be doing the show. http://alfie-boe.com/news/alfie-will-reprise-his-role-as-jean-valjean-on-broadway/

At the bottom of one page they listed certain dates he will NOT be performing in Les Mis due to prior commitments:

"Alfie Boe will not perform in LES MISÉRABLES October 27 through November 1 due to prior commitments."

But, if anything else gets updated, you will want to know. It would be horrible to go to TeleCharge, find excellent seats for certain dates and not know until you get to the theatre that Alfie is not performing those nites. :sad:

The ONLY reason I am seeing the show again is for Alfie. This is the 5th time I will be seeing Les Mis on Broadway. While I love the show, I have no desire to see it again with anyone else, except maybe Colm Wilkinson, who originated the role. And I did get to see him when the show first opened. :lovestruc

Thank you!!! I am going to look in to mid October I think! But it's hard to see a show again when there is so much else I want to see for the first time!

Curious Incident is excellent. I just saw that last week. Some of the best staging I've ever seen, and the performances were terrific, especially Alex Sharp, who just won the Tony.

As far as musicals, Something Rotten is hilarious, and is usually up on TKTS.

Next two shows I'm planning to see are Gentlemen's Guide (finally!), and Hand to God, which I heard is totally demented but really good.

I just got tickets to see Hamilton in August. Can't wait!

Thank you!!! I am going to look in to mid October I think! But it's hard to see a show again when there is so much else I want to see for the first time!

That's why it took me a year to see the Les Miz revival! It's my favorite musical, but I'd already seen it 9 times and there were so many other shows I needed to see first.

I finally saw it back in February. It was terrific. Loved the updated staging and Ramin Karimloo was fabulous. Hoping to get back in the fall to see Alfie Boe.

I love avenue Q but it's very politically incorrect... You could try Hedwig, or kinky boots, or A gentleman's guide to love and murder. I happen to love Jersey Boys, so another good pick! All good choices. I haven't seen it but I hear Aladdin is very good not sure it will be on TKTS....

Aladdin definitely won't be on TKTS.

Curious Incident is excellent. I just saw that last week. Some of the best staging I've ever seen, and the performances were terrific, especially Alex Sharp, who just won the Tony.

As far as musicals, Something Rotten is hilarious, and is usually up on TKTS.

Next two shows I'm planning to see are Gentlemen's Guide (finally!), and Hand to God, which I heard is totally demented but really good.

I just got tickets to see Hamilton in August. Can't wait!

Hamilton is amazing!!! I love it, I've seen it 2 and a half times. Twice at the public and I went to the reading at Vasser in 2013. Keep me posted on what you think.

That's why it took me a year to see the Les Miz revival! It's my favorite musical, but I'd already seen it 9 times and there were so many other shows I needed to see first.

I finally saw it back in February. It was terrific. Loved the updated staging and Ramin Karimloo was fabulous. Hoping to get back in the fall to see Alfie Boe.

I saw it when it first came back and loved it, I just love this show.... So I'm thinking seeing it one more time wouldn't be so bad...

Last edited:

I would like to see it again but I can't until Eponine is gone- she was like nails on a blackboard to me, it was painful to sit through it!

Hamilton is amazing!!! I love it, I've seen it 2 and a half times. Twice at the public and I went to the reading at Vasser in 2013. Keep me posted on what you think.

Nice!!!! It was like the Hunger Games trying to get tickets to that when it was downtown, so I had to wait until it moved to Broadway. I can’t wait to see it!!

I saw it when it first came back and loved it, I just love this show.... So I'm thinking seeing it one more time wouldn't be so bad...

Oh, I’m always up for Les Miz. I’ve been up for it ever since the first time I saw it in 1989!

I have a question about rush tickets. Does anyone know if they are available for the matinees, or just the evening shows? I've learned that a friend will be in NYC at the same time we are, and I'm trying to figure out a time to meet up with her. DD and I would like to see Curious Incident and I was going to try for rush tickets, but now we are thinking we'd rather do a matinee and then have dinner with our friend. SO... rush tickets (if I can get them, although I've been lucky in this regard before) are cheaper/better seats (IME) but are they usually available for matinees as well as evenings? If not, I'm not going to hustle to the theater for 9am... I'll just suck it up and pay more at TKTS. After all, how frequently do we get to NYC from Maine??

I have a question about rush tickets. Does anyone know if they are available for the matinees, or just the evening shows? I've learned that a friend will be in NYC at the same time we are, and I'm trying to figure out a time to meet up with her. DD and I would like to see Curious Incident and I was going to try for rush tickets, but now we are thinking we'd rather do a matinee and then have dinner with our friend. SO... rush tickets (if I can get them, although I've been lucky in this regard before) are cheaper/better seats (IME) but are they usually available for matinees as well as evenings? If not, I'm not going to hustle to the theater for 9am... I'll just suck it up and pay more at TKTS. After all, how frequently do we get to NYC from Maine??

In my experience yes but every show is different. Per TDF Curious has them for every show see link I found. Good luck!!! It did win Tonys so I would get there early even for rush.

I love Maine!

https://www.tdf.org/shows/13145/The-Curious-Incident-of-the-Dog

I really hope Disney and Broadway keep doing shows in the future. I would love to take my daughter to NYC and a Broadway show when she is older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter