~ The Biggest Loser ~ FINALE ~ We have a winner!!!

Does anyone know how long it was between the Season 7 finale and the start of fiming of Season 8? Daniel was 312 at the S7 finale and his starting weight last night was also 312, so I'm wondering about the timeframe.

They're still doign that camera shaking thing when people fall /jump/etc. I'm sorry, but that is just RUDE!!!! :mad::mad:

I'm pretty sure it was the day after the finale or within the week for sure.

Did anyone else catch the comment Alexandra made about being attracted to someone at the ranch? I think we'll see something between her and Daniel. He seemed really upset when she got voted off.

I really want to know who the crush was on as well!

:rolleyes1

It did seem that Bob and Jillian were really hard on them (maybe its normal, and we just haven't seen it before), but was anyone else kinda 'upset' that they were so mean about their weight. I know they are big people (as am I), but they are there to change and yelling at them about their weight using actual numbers just seemed pretty demeaning to me. Not sure that calling me fat (in a round about way) would motiviate me...

Jan

I think maybe they are hard on the contestants because no one ever was hard on them before which is why they are now at the ranch. Like Jillian said, tough love. Now don't shoot the messenger! LOL This is just my interpretation of the events I've seen since season 1. I see Jillian as get mad, get even. If I were Shay I would have been like "you scream in my face I'll prove to you just how tough I am". I would not give her the satisfaction of knowing her words made me quit. She's trying to see what they are made of. She needs to see what will push them past the self pity, the I quit mentality, and the walls they have built up and for them to own their weight and their choice to finally do something to change. Like Abby said, she chooses to get up every day, she chooses to not lay down and die, she chooses to be at the ranch. These guys were picked to take this journey over tens of thousands of people, Bob and Jillian will be damned if they are going to waste that opportunity, that's how invested they are in their clients.
As for the number, she wants them to own it. I suspect that before that day most if not all of them hadn't stepped on a scale in years. Denial isn't a big river in Egypt.

Again one persons opinion, mileage may vary.

What is with the shows obsessive need to show people puking their guts out? :confused3

yeah, I could live without seeing that. It's just gross.

I was very unimpressed with how Jillian treated people. She was cussing up a storm and that wasn't called for. I dpn't care for her much though. I have yet to see much about her that makes me think she is nice. I'm sure she is, but the way she trains and screams at people is awful

Every person that is on the show, has seen the show. They know what they are getting into. If they don't want to be there, leave and let somebody else have a chance to get their life back.

When my mother was in the hospital, almost all the beds had scales on them (and we're talking rural county hospital, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles), and she was morbidly obese. I think those scales went up over 500 pounds. Not that she weighed that much, but the numbers went up pretty high.

that is true, some hospitals have the in-bed scales. but a lot of hospitals are still using the older beds with less technology. Lot of times they have to bring in special beds for someone who is morbidly obese. Regular beds often don't have the support structure to handle the weight. Beds come it different lengths too. My dad was 6'4" and in a regular bed his legs hung over from mid-calf on. Nurses would actually bump up against his poor feet! That is, until I raised a stink about it.

Finally watched tonight.

Great show!:thumbsup2 I love it that Bob and Jill are working together.

While some of you hate Jill's style of cussing and yelling, it doesn't bother me. These people need to hit the ground running and she is not there to listen and be kind. She is there to get them to lose weight.

I am really concerned with the purple gal. I wonder what kept her in the hospital? Heart maybe? Don't you think it has to be serious like that?

As far as Abby, there are no words to describe what she is going thru.:guilty:

Can I jump in and say I like Jillian. She understands people more than Bob. I always thought that Bob was looking for affirmation while Jillian was helping the participants deal with their own issues.

I love this show! I like Abby a lot. I can't imagine someon voting her off.

Finally watched tonight.

Great show!:thumbsup2 I love it that Bob and Jill are working together.

While some of you hate Jill's style of cussing and yelling, it doesn't bother me. These people need to hit the ground running and she is not there to listen and be kind. She is there to get them to lose weight.

I am really concerned with the purple gal. I wonder what kept her in the hospital? Heart maybe? Don't you think it has to be serious like that?

As far as Abby, there are no words to describe what she is going thru.:guilty:

Having been to three different personal trainers this year, all with different styles, I can honestly say that they were able to motivate me without getting in my face and cursing at me! It's not that they didn't work me hard (one of them worked me to the point of sick exhaustion), and it's not that they were all sweetness and light. They just didn't have to resort to screaming at me to get the job done.

I forget where I heard this analogy, but it's like she has one tool in her toolbox and it's a hammer.

Anyway, I do have a question for those who are familiar with the show. At the end, they have a disclaimer about each person having a fitness and diet program tailed to each one. Does that mean they are all doing something different in the gym? It occurred to me to wonder how the older contestants were holding up against the younger ones on those machines! Plus the fact that it might be a little easier for a 20 year old to lose weight against a 40 year old.

Does anyone know how long it was between the Season 7 finale and the start of fiming of Season 8? Daniel was 312 at the S7 finale and his starting weight last night was also 312, so I'm wondering about the timeframe.

They're still doign that camera shaking thing when people fall /jump/etc. I'm sorry, but that is just RUDE!!!! :mad::mad:

I believe taping start the very next day after the finale.

Oh and I wanted to add that there is no way I could work with someone like Jillian! So much harshness and negativity. I don't need a cheerleader, but all that screeching and cussing would not go over well with me at all.

Totally agree. I would do worse with someone screaming at me like that. And I have never seen her cuss as much as she did this week.

Every person that is on the show, has seen the show. They know what they are getting into. If they don't want to be there, leave and let somebody else have a chance to get their life back.

I've seen it too, and I've never seen the cussing flying out of her mouth before like it was that first show. Totally uncalled for. That demeaning. I would tell her too if she was screaming at me, that if she wanted to scream fine, (won;t get you anywhere though) but I refuse to listen the cussing. And I'm no prude. I can talk with the best of the sailors, but this is a show on TV! My 4 YO loves it.

Having been to three different personal trainers this year, all with different styles, I can honestly say that they were able to motivate me without getting in my face and cursing at me! It's not that they didn't work me hard (one of them worked me to the point of sick exhaustion), and it's not that they were all sweetness and light. They just didn't have to resort to screaming at me to get the job done.

I forget where I heard this analogy, but it's like she has one tool in her toolbox and it's a hammer.

Anyway, I do have a question for those who are familiar with the show. At the end, they have a disclaimer about each person having a fitness and diet program tailed to each one. Does that mean they are all doing something different in the gym? It occurred to me to wonder how the older contestants were holding up against the younger ones on those machines! Plus the fact that it might be a little easier for a 20 year old to lose weight against a 40 year old.

Mushy, this is a Biggest Loser show and BOTH Bob and Jill are yelling. To target Jill because they edit it that way is crock.:rolleyes:

Did anyone else find it unfair that Daniel could participate for immunity? He had been exercising, etc. To me he had an unfair advantage.

Personally Jillian and I would not get along. On the other hand, Bob is not tough enough. I would need someone that falls between a Bob and Jillian:rotfl:

Thanks for the information on the podcasts.

I love Jillian. I so need a drill instructor screaming at me like crazy to motivate me. Thank-you-sir-may-I-have-another?

Also, after whatshername got the boot, do you think it was Dan she has the crush on? Dan seemed really bummed that she got voted out.

Did anyone else find it unfair that Daniel could participate for immunity? He had been exercising, etc. To me he had an unfair advantage.

Personally Jillian and I would not get along. On the other hand, Bob is not tough enough. I would need someone that falls between a Bob and Jillian:rotfl:

Thanks for the information on the podcasts.

I know for a fact that I read interviews last year where a few contestants said that as soon as they were chosen to be on the show, they started hitting the gym. Obviously their workouts weren't of Jillian quality but it got them moving. Daniel is still obese so it doesn't bother me at all.

I thought of that immediately as Dan said it himself as he was running the mile....something along the lines that Tracey is passing him when he has been running for awhile now....BUT quite frankly I forgot about that and was watching Tracey and said to my DH that if she has had no exercise in sometime and she is running and pushing herself she may reqret it....and look what ultimately happened. She shocked her body with all that running, in the Southern CA heat. :sad2:

You know Jillian always seems like such a "witch" in the beginning shows but by the 4th or 5th episode the people she works with seem to almost worship her and the screaming calms down some - other than last year's Blue Team at least.

If you read the behind the scenes articles you can see that those trainers are there nearly everyday for full days. I think it is a given that what we see is the most dramatic good tv yelling and cussing parts and we're missing alot of Jill being nice and supportive. I nearly burst a gut laughing when that guy grabbed her and smooched her though. I think she did too.

I kind of like the working together Bob/Jillian thing this year I hope they keep it for at least most of the season. It got kind of old watching Bob's teams get decimated.

Also, after whatshername got the boot, do you think it was Dan she has the crush on? Dan seemed really bummed that she got voted out.

Aren't all the other men married?! I was trying to decifer who that was and the only one I could come up with was Dan! That would be so sweet if it is!!!!:woohoo:

ETA: I guess Alexandra could be referring to a woman too! That thought just occurred to me since I believe a few of them are single too. Either way it would be cute to see a crush come out on the show! Maybe we'll have another Matt and Suzy-type coupling!

Okay, maybe I'll have to reserve judgment on Jillian until I've seen the show more.

After all, I love Gordon Ramsay and he's just foul to Hell's Kitchen contestants! I've just seen his softer side enough on The F Word and Kitchen Nightmares that I usually think it's all bluster when he calls people names and has meltdowns on HK. :lmao:

Okay, maybe I'll have to reserve judgment on Jillian until I've seen the show more.

After all, I love Gordon Ramsay and he's just foul to Hell's Kitchen contestants! I've just seen his softer side enough on The F Word and Kitchen Nightmares that I usually think it's all bluster when he calls people names and has meltdowns on HK. :lmao:

DARN. I forgot about Hell's Kitchen this week. I will have to watch it online or on Fox Reality. Too many Tuesday night shows.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter