~ The Biggest Loser ~ FINALE ~ We have a winner!!!

I like it being strangers as partners but i'm not sure how I feel about the trainers working together, I kind of liked it being Jillian against Bob :rotfl:

So did I but Jill kept on beating Bob. :rotfl:

I thought Jill seemed tougher last night although I still love her.

Oh my goodness! That was quite the introduction to their first challenge. Anybody think they are pushing these people too hard? When somebody has to be airlifted on the first day, there is a problem. One of these days they are going to kill someone.

I thought of that. Those poor people never excercised now they started with a mile marathon then intense workouts. I thought more of them were going to pass out.

Heck, I've been using the treadmill for over a year and don't go on an incline of 15!! :eek:

I am pushing for Abby, she broke my heart. then when Jill talked about herself and Abby at the weigh in was another tear jerker.

And Dan looked great! I hope he does well.

I don't like the fact that they have to be paired up with a stranger. I don't know why they can't just do individuals. I wouldn't want my fate depending on someone I don't know.

The same way anybody else weighs themselves - on a scale. ;) Most hospitals have one or two of them around.

Just my opinion, but everybody else had to weigh... she didn't have immunity.
That "how they look now" person looks pretty darn good now. Good job!

I agre with the others. She would most likely have gained weight from all the fluids. No way to find her real weight so they did the best they could. They have worked it that way in other seasons to if one was gone.

Yes, yes, and yes. And here's another thought: most hospitals don't have scales that can weigh people over 300-lbs. I believe they did it the only fair way--she gets a pass, since she's stillin the hospital(*oy!) and he has to lose x-amount of weight or he goes home. If she was strong enough to work out, she wouldn't be in the hospital. Evidently they must think she's going to be able to continue to compete or they would have just kicked her to the curb.

I was disappointed at how Alexandra reacted to her partner's weight loss. True, he should have probably lost a lot more than he did. He said he tried hard, but really, he's what? 400 pounds? At least 100 pounds heavier than she is. Thirteen pounds is a drop in the bucket when you start at 400. Anyway, she's going to have the last laugh. Did you see her "after" shots? OMG. :eek:She's gorgeous!

I must be the odd one out here, but I didn;t think she looked that great. I lost about 45 lbs and I look ALOT different, but she lost 60 and I only saw it in her face. When she slid in the school desk, I really didn't think she looked much smaller.

I believe it's on a radio station played out of California on Sundays called like KNBR or something like that. I believe I just searched her name in the "search" bar in the iTunes store or I searched KNBR. I can't remember, sorry! Then you get a list of all of the people that have radio shows on that day and you select Jillian Michaels to download (it's free). It is so good! I've downloaded the past year's worth of Sunday's shows and listen to them in the gym or in my car. It's two hours every Sunday and they cut out the commercial breaks on iTunes which is nice. She talks some about Biggest Loser (especially when it's the beginning of the season or close to the finale) and gives kind of a behind the scenes look into Biggest Loser (like how the actual weigh in process goes, her disdain for a lot of the product placement on the show, i.e. Ziploc steam bags, etc.) but most of the show is about Health and Wellness. She presents information in a very easy to understand way (dangers of soy, plusses of eating organic, etc.) and also takes phone calls and emails from people. I've found I like her a lot more now from listening to the radio show :)

It doesn't look like she is still doing a show and I couldn't find her in iTunes, but I found all her shows archived at the following link:

http://matthewmcnutt.com/?s=jILLIAN+MICHAELS

Hey, I was enjoying last night's show, but I can never watch more than an hour of TV, just no time. So I only watched the first hour, up until the one girl walked out. The heaviest one. Can someone tell me what happened with her?

And can I also just say that I LOVE those ladder treadmills! I have never seen those - I'm going to lobby my gym to buy one (yea right, like they'll listen, LOL)

I loved the episode last night! I cried pretty much the whole time! My heart just breaks for Abby but she is so strong! How she gets up each and every day and pushes forward, I'll never know.

Last nights episode was definitely motivational. :worship:

Hey, I was enjoying last night's show, but I can never watch more than an hour of TV, just no time. So I only watched the first hour, up until the one girl walked out. The heaviest one. Can someone tell me what happened with her?

And can I also just say that I LOVE those ladder treadmills! I have never seen those - I'm going to lobby my gym to buy one (yea right, like they'll listen, LOL)

She came back on her own!

I thought of that. Those poor people never excercised now they started with a mile marathon then intense workouts. I thought more of them were going to pass out.

Heck, I've been using the treadmill for over a year and don't go on an incline of 15!! :eek:

I am pushing for Abby, she broke my heart. then when Jill talked about herself and Abby at the weigh in was another tear jerker.

And Dan looked great! I hope he does well.

I agree that it was heartbreaking to hear Abby's story. On Dr. Phil yesterday, Dr. Phil said that the worst thing he could ever imagine in his life and the only thing he is really afraid of, is something happening to his children. I don't remember exactly what he said, but something like they would have to put him away.

Jillian did seem like she came down harder on everybody last night than ever before. As far as the first challenge, nobody had to run it; they could have just walked. Remember how long it took Ron to finish the marathon last season.

I am happy that Daniel chose Shay as his partner. He, probably more than anybody else, can understand where she is coming from and can help her stay on track.

I started watching BL with the last season, and caught up on past seasons in reruns over the summer - I'm hooked!

My heart breaks for Abby, and both my husband and I were crying when she was telling her story. I can't imagine living through that. We need to steel ourselves though, because you know its going to come up every week in some fashion.

It did seem that Bob and Jillian were really hard on them (maybe its normal, and we just haven't seen it before), but was anyone else kinda 'upset' that they were so mean about their weight. I know they are big people (as am I), but they are there to change and yelling at them about their weight using actual numbers just seemed pretty demeaning to me. Not sure that calling me fat (in a round about way) would motiviate me...

Jan

I really enjoyed the show and the personal background of the contestants- and seeing the personal side of Jillian. I love that she kicks butt in the gym and it's good to know how she genuinely cares for everyone in her charge.

I am so glad that Dan is back to see him continue his journey, and agree that he will be a good partner to Shay. I was beginning to think that having folks that go from 400 to 300 pounds is incredible, but fortunately doesn't speak to my experience.

I really like coach, since that is more real to my experience. I am a soccer coach and realized at one point around a year or so ago that I was a hypocrite in trying to be a good role model for teenage girls, so that's what began my journey. I am about halfway through a 60 pound weigh loss goal, and already am beginning to feel more "true" to my purpose. It sure makes practices much more fun when I can demonstrate a skill versus asking a player to do it since my weight was holding me back.

I thought Jill seemed tougher last night although I still love her.

ME TOO!! :goodvibes I love Jillian. I would love the opportunity to work with her. I love that she is TOUGH but she is TOUGH for the contestants. Tough so that they realize they cannot continue to live the way they have been. Tough so they can have their lives BACK.

At the weigh-in when Jillian was crying, I was too. That shows her very emotional side. BUT if you have watched BL long enough, you know Jillian is an emotional person as well as a TIGER. :thumbsup2

I am on TEAM ABBY and ED! Abby is my hero! I am afraid of death and for her to stand up there after what she went through and say she is NOT afraid of death....oh my, I was in tears. I hope she is on the show a long long time. ::yes::

Well I just love this show and find it very inspirational - even as someone who isn't trying to lose weight!

I don't think it's a good idea to throw them into a challenge without preparing them. It was quite obvious that none of them were properly hydrated. I know it was only a mile which if you're in decent shape is no big deal, but with the extra weight those people are carrying it's a different story.

Did anyone else catch the comment Alexandra made about being attracted to someone at the ranch? I think we'll see something between her and Daniel. He seemed really upset when she got voted off.

We were thinking last night that it seemed like they were setting up to finish the season with a marathon again.

It's going to be interesting to see how having the trainers work together affects the dynamics of the show. They won't necessarily create such strong alliances if there aren't two teams against each other. Also just because you're on the stonger team you won't be able to manipulate a weigh-in by drinking water or other games that have been played in the past. And I'm rooting for Team Abbey!

I was very unimpressed with how Jillian treated people. She was cussing up a storm and that wasn't called for. I dpn't care for her much though. I have yet to see much about her that makes me think she is nice. I'm sure she is, but the way she trains and screams at people is awful

I was very unimpressed with how Jillian treated people. She was cussing up a storm and that wasn't called for. I dpn't care for her much though. I have yet to see much about her that makes me think she is nice. I'm sure she is, but the way she trains and screams at people is awful
I agree she's pretty harsh - but I also said I'd like her to come along and run my marathon with me so she can keep me from having a little pity party and just suck it up and run!

Does anyone know how long it was between the Season 7 finale and the start of fiming of Season 8? Daniel was 312 at the S7 finale and his starting weight last night was also 312, so I'm wondering about the timeframe.

They're still doign that camera shaking thing when people fall /jump/etc. I'm sorry, but that is just RUDE!!!! :mad::mad:

Hi guys, I think I'm going to join this thread. I've never seen the show before, but I recorded it last night and I really enjoyed it. Like the rest of you, some of those contestants just had me in tears.

What's the story with the one who came back from last season?

Yes, yes, and yes. And here's another thought: most hospitals don't have scales that can weigh people over 300-lbs. I believe they did it the only fair way--she gets a pass, since she's stillin the hospital(*oy!) and he has to lose x-amount of weight or he goes home. If she was strong enough to work out, she wouldn't be in the hospital. Evidently they must think she's going to be able to continue to compete or they would have just kicked her to the curb.

When my mother was in the hospital, almost all the beds had scales on them (and we're talking rural county hospital, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles), and she was morbidly obese. I think those scales went up over 500 pounds. Not that she weighed that much, but the numbers went up pretty high.

What is with the shows obsessive need to show people puking their guts out? :confused3

Oh and I wanted to add that there is no way I could work with someone like Jillian! So much harshness and negativity. I don't need a cheerleader, but all that screeching and cussing would not go over well with me at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter