The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep me too. I've already warned my DH that if there's a bounceback in the room, we're booking. He, of course, just rolled his eyes because he knows I'm unstoppable. ;)

My DH does the same thing. I told him that we are absolutely, positively booking a bounceback if there's one in the room. He doesn't think I'm serious. After 10 years of marriage he doesn't know me very well. :rolleyes1

Good morning friends!

I am also far behind. Suitcase in the closet, not even thinking of packing yet. Bought some snacks and juiceboxes, but that's about it. My DD caught a nasty cold that she's had since Wednesday so I've been taking care of her. :sick: She's with her dad for a few hours today so I'm going to attempt to get started...Everyone wish some pixie dust on us that she recuperates in time for our trip. She is so congested and has a horrible, horrible cough. I guess it's better that it's happening now, and not right when we get there, right? WHich brings me to an important question...if I need to bring her somewhere for treatment of some kind, what are the options if you have no car? WIsh me luck that my birthday girl feels better soon!:cutie:

not to scare you, but let me recommend having her take Afrin or Sudafed to knock out that congestion before you fly. I caught a cold (nasty cough, etc) while we were at WDW a few weeks ago and was just taking Dayquil. On our return trip I started to have some ear problems while flying. The day after we got home, both of my eardrums burst. I had to go see an ENT doc and she told me that by taking Afrin or Sudafed that I might have avoided my eardrums bursting. Luckily you have a week to get your daughter feeling better! Wishing her lots of pixie dust and healing!

My DH does the same thing. I told him that we are absolutely, positively booking a bounceback if there's one in the room. He doesn't think I'm serious. After 10 years of marriage he doesn't know me very well. :rolleyes1

HeeHee When will they learn? :rotfl2:

in case mmears doesn't see this, I can answer that from a couple weeks ago, the answer to both questions is no. :( I was hoping for chocolate croissants too, but sadly no.

thanks for the quick response...oh well my eating machinepopcorn:: will survive on the regular ones:upsidedow

I think I caught some kind of Disney bug here -- there is a bounceback code in out room. I'm really wanting to book something. I think I've really scared my poor DH. And my DD & I are spoiled now and I want to stay club level again. Poor guy, I think I might ruin his vacation. (wondering if I should upgrade to APs).

Thanks for listening. No-one else would understand :).

I completely understand - and my DH doesn't :rotfl:

I hope your last day is great and can't wait to hear any stories you might have! Love the iphone tips and i'll be using them in less than a week - yeah!!!

Hi MMMears and thanks fr posting while you are there. Sorry you are leaving.( Can you tell me if they are serving oatmeal for breakfast these days and my DD16 wants to know if they have chocolate croissants in the club lounge also?

thanks

Sadly, they have neither. We had both at AKL. I was surprised by this since so many people say that the Poly has the best food offerings. AKL beat them on this trip. The evening apps at the Poly were great, though.

Sadly, they have neither. We had both at AKL. I was surprised by this since so many people say that the Poly has the best food offerings. AKL beat them on this trip. The evening apps at the Poly were great, though.

Thanks:goodvibesI have to say the pics i have seen of AKL lounge the food looks awesome. I am just so bummed that we can't do AKL club level with the 5 of us without getting 2 rooms. Well maybe one day when the teens have outgrown our yearly trips..DH, DD8 and i will try it.:banana:

I think I caught some kind of Disney bug here -- there is a bounceback code in out room. I'm really wanting to book something. I think I've really scared my poor DH. And my DD & I are spoiled now and I want to stay club level again. Poor guy, I think I might ruin his vacation. (wondering if I should upgrade to APs).

:rotfl:
I love this - especially since I remember that this was going to be your last WDW trip for quite some time ;)

Thanks:goodvibesI have to say the pics i have seen of AKL lounge the food looks awesome. I am just so bummed that we can't do AKL club level with the 5 of us without getting 2 rooms. Well maybe one day when the teens have outgrown our yearly trips..DH, DD8 and i will try it.:banana:

I understand. I will say that our room at the Poly is so much bigger than our AKL room. There are just 3 of us, so we fit fine, but I wouldn't ever want to be there with 5! We have one of the "smaller" Poly rooms and it's really big.

ALOHA! DB and I will be at the Poly in Aug ....staying on the CL for the first time! So EXCITED! I was wondering...we booked the Garden View CL (just couldn't spend the $$ for Lagoon view) but were hoping that maybe we would get upgraded to Lagoon (it's our 3rd anniversary)? Has this happened to anyone or am I just inhaling too much pixie dust:wizard:.
Thanks!

:rotfl:
I love this - especially since I remember that this was going to be your last WDW trip for quite some time ;)

I thought you might laugh at this one! ;)

We are supposed to take our DD "abroad" next summer, so the chances that I can do this aren't looking too great right now. But DH is having a good time, so maybe (and if not, maybe a day at DLP?). We are spoiled by the IPO now and so I'm having a tough time finding an ok price. But I've always wanted to bring my DD here for Xmas... ;)

Apologies if this has been asked, but I can't seem to find the answer: Do they sell Disney Crocs at the Poly? I can't recall seeing them last trip, but then I wasn't looking for them, sooo... Anyway, my son needs a new pair.

Thanks!

I'd like to plan an anniversary trip for DW and myself. At this point I think I'd like to try either the GF, Poly, CR or YC with concierge level rooms.

Can anyone suggest what I should look at for a Poly reservation? This will be for late November-early December.

Thanks in advance. :)

Apologies if this has been asked, but I can't seem to find the answer: Do they sell Disney Crocs at the Poly? I can't recall seeing them last trip, but then I wasn't looking for them, sooo... Anyway, my son needs a new pair.

Thanks!

Yes they do. We saw them in March :thumbsup2

ALOHA! DB and I will be at the Poly in Aug ....staying on the CL for the first time! So EXCITED! I was wondering...we booked the Garden View CL (just couldn't spend the $$ for Lagoon view) but were hoping that maybe we would get upgraded to Lagoon (it's our 3rd anniversary)? Has this happened to anyone or am I just inhaling too much pixie dust:wizard:.
Thanks!

Congrats on your upcoming trip & anniversary !

It has been known to happen on occassion. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. But it is possible !

I'd like to plan an anniversary trip for DW and myself. At this point I think I'd like to try either the GF, Poly, CR or YC with concierge level rooms.

Can anyone suggest what I should look at for a Poly reservation? This will be for late November-early December.

We stayed CL at the Yacht Club this past October and one other time a few years ago....we loved it. I love the whole nautical decor and feel of the Yacht Club. Have stayed at the Poly several times but never CL. I tried to upgrade to it for weeks now for our stay starting next weekend but with no luck....they are booked solid.

MJ

We have stayed CL at YC, GF, and Poly. They are all very nice. They all have their plusses. We are in a LVCL room at the Poly now, and we have the best view ever. It beats our views at the other 2. Just depends on what matters most to you.

I suggest that you check out the club level thread and the club level lounge photo threads -- it may be helpful in making your decision. :)

Okay everyone!!! We just got back! We ate everywhere like Chef Mickey's to O'hana's without reservations and rode everything and saw every show! I have Wonderful pictures of the resort I have to figure out how to post them. We even went Parasailing at the contemperary resort!!! Our trip was GREAT! :cool1:

How far out does the current bounceback extend? When we go in 3 weeks I'd love to find a bounceback that we could use the first week in December. DH knows I'm wishing for it but don't know if he'll give his OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter