The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single digit dance here too!:banana: I FINALLY went shopping for DD10 and myself yesterday as going naked to Disney was the only other alternative and I would definitely want to spare the public from that sight.:scared1:

I am so freaking out though. My work keeps pileing on and everybody wants to buy/sell NOW. People--where were you last year when I was twidling my thumbs? Just because I am going to Disney they want to stress me out now??? Geez.

It may horror everyone to know I have not even started packing. My suitcases are still in the top of my closet. I can't find my favorite pink flip flops for the pool. I still need batteries for my camera. I have not notified my girls' teachers. The clothes I bought are still in the bags and unwashed.

At least I already submitted and paid for my gardengrocer order. WOW....I am thankful I have the plane, transportation, hotel, adrs and tickets already taken care of from months ago.

Anybody else as far behind????

Good morning friends!

I am also far behind. Suitcase in the closet, not even thinking of packing yet. Bought some snacks and juiceboxes, but that's about it. My DD caught a nasty cold that she's had since Wednesday so I've been taking care of her. :sick: She's with her dad for a few hours today so I'm going to attempt to get started...Everyone wish some pixie dust on us that she recuperates in time for our trip. She is so congested and has a horrible, horrible cough. I guess it's better that it's happening now, and not right when we get there, right? WHich brings me to an important question...if I need to bring her somewhere for treatment of some kind, what are the options if you have no car? WIsh me luck that my birthday girl feels better soon!:cutie:

To all that are getting ready to head out, I hope you have a blast! Please share as you can.

For those coming home, I hope your trip was everything you had hoped and more. Look forward to hearing all about it. Add pictures please if you can.

I think we can serve as proof that even the longest time can pass and soon it will be each of your times to return to the Poly! Thought this day would never come! :thumbsup2

Hope all of you embarking this week have nice, smooth travel, and we'll see you on the other side! :cool1:

I'm gonna try to check in via iPhone while we're there, so if anyone has a question about "Poly live" I'll try to answer it. So far I haven't figured out how to make the text bigger than microscopic on the safari application though - just got the phone. But I will try a few times. :surfweb:

Have a good weekend everyone! :cheer2:

You're on your way by now! Have fun!:woohoo:

We are at the Poly, leaving tomorrow... :(

I'm pretty sure we will have some extra bottles (10 or so) of Dasani left over (I had 3 cases shipped to us).

We also have a can of Lysol and a full thing of Clorox wipes.

If you are a DISer at the Poly tonight and want them, just pm me. :)

What a nice offer. :surfweb:Safe and easy travels home.:wizard:

Good morning friends!

I am also far behind. Suitcase in the closet, not even thinking of packing yet. Bought some snacks and juiceboxes, but that's about it. My DD caught a nasty cold that she's had since Wednesday so I've been taking care of her. :sick: She's with her dad for a few hours today so I'm going to attempt to get started...Everyone wish some pixie dust on us that she recuperates in time for our trip. She is so congested and has a horrible, horrible cough. I guess it's better that it's happening now, and not right when we get there, right? WHich brings me to an important question...if I need to bring her somewhere for treatment of some kind, what are the options if you have no car? WIsh me luck that my birthday girl feels better soon!:cutie:

I hope she feels better really soon.

If you need a doctor while at WDW, there's a service that sends one to your room. We've used it twice over the years and been very, very happy. As I recall, you must pay immediately by cc# and then file insurance on your own. But it was so worth it. Both times the doctor came within hours (they give you an appointment time) and was very thorough and friendly. The doctors call in prescriptions to Turner drugs which delivers to the front desk in short order. I really appreciated not having to take a sick child to a doc in a box and expose her to even more illness.

There are also urgent care centers. I think I've read that they will even pick you up.

The front desk will provide you with info on both. You can just pick up your room phone and ask.

I hope she's better very quickly.:hug:

If you need a doctor while at WDW, there's a service that sends one to your room. We've used it twice over the years and been very, very happy. As I recall, you must pay immediately by cc# and then file insurance on your own. But it was so worth it. Both times the doctor came within hours (they give you an appointment time) and was very thorough and friendly. The doctors call in prescriptions to Turner drugs which delivers to the front desk in short order. I really appreciated not having to take a sick child to a doc in a box and expose her to even more illness.

There are also urgent care centers. I think I've read that they will even pick you up.

The front desk will provide you with info on both. You can just pick up your room phone and ask.

Thanks for sharing the doctor info. I never knew that it was available.

sm04 and aroundtheriverbend - HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

mmmears ~ I'm sorry your trip is coming to its close. It has been so fun following along with your live reports :wizard: Enjoy your last day and safe travels to you.

pixiedust: lissiesmum - MAJOR pixie dust to you and your DD. I totally agree that it's better to have this happening now, though, a week before you leave. But I'm so sorry she's feeling poorly :hug: I've read reports in the past re. how wonderful the Poly CMs have been helping guests who are dealing with illness so I'd try not to worry about that.

PolyAddict ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!

What awesome info, BCV23 :worship:

And "doc in a box"... you crack me up! :rotfl:

Good morning everyone! :sunny:

I hope that everyone who's going soon has a wonderful time!!!! :yay:

lissiesmum: I hope that your DD feels better soon! BCV gave you the exact info regarding doctors while at WDW that I would've! I hope that you won't need to see a doctor, but at least you know the options, just in case. :)

mmears: That's a generous offer! I hope that another DISer is able to take you up on it. :)

PolyAddict: CONGRATS on paying off the trip! That's always such a great feeling! :woohoo:

I have to say, I feel so happy reading about all of you who are getting ready for your trips, or while you're there, and then when you get back! It's really the next best thing to being there, myself!!! :grouphug: :sunny:

I have to say, I feel so happy reading about all of you who are getting ready for your trips, or while you're there, and then when you get back! It's really the next best thing to being there, myself!!! :grouphug: :sunny:

Well said SeaSpray. I totally agree!

sm04 and aroundtheriverbend - HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

mmmears ~ I'm sorry your trip is coming to its close. It has been so fun following along with your live reports :wizard: Enjoy your last day and safe travels to you.

pixiedust: lissiesmum - MAJOR pixie dust to you and your DD. I totally agree that it's better to have this happening now, though, a week before you leave. But I'm so sorry she's feeling poorly :hug: I've read reports in the past re. how wonderful the Poly CMs have been helping guests who are dealing with illness so I'd try not to worry about that.

PolyAddict ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!

Good morning everyone! :sunny:

I hope that everyone who's going soon has a wonderful time!!!! :yay:

lissiesmum: I hope that your DD feels better soon! BCV gave you the exact info regarding doctors while at WDW that I would've! I hope that you won't need to see a doctor, but at least you know the options, just in case. :)

mmears: That's a generous offer! I hope that another DISer is able to take you up on it. :)

PolyAddict: CONGRATS on paying off the trip! That's always such a great feeling! :woohoo:

I have to say it feels extra good after cancelling the Poly for our 08 trip due to the fact that there were no deals going on and i couldn't swallow the price tag.:scared1:We ended up staying at the Swan, which was nice but no Poly.:eek:Staying CL for the 2nd time is the icing on the cake.:worship:

We also have used the exact same doctor service. Our doctor actually has meds in her suitcase and was able to give her the prescription on the spot. It was for a special cream as she had an allergic reaction rash to the H2O soap. She has very sensitive skin and we should have known better to bring her soap from home. Costly mistake but we learned from it:thumbsup2

lissiesmom--I hope she feels better soon! Keep her hydrated and use a decongestant/guafinisen(sp?) combo to help her kick that cold soon.

Hi everyone. Well, we leave tomorrow afternoon. So sorry to have to go back to reality, like school, homework, work, activities, etc. We will just hang out at TL and the volcano pool today and relax.

Lissiesmum -- there's a great pharmacy here that delivers (turner drugs) for $5. I wasn't feeling great a few days ago (thought I might have caught the awful WdW bug but I didn't). :). My doctor called in a Rx for me for nausea (I think it was just the boats, rides, monorails, and busses). I am prone to motion sickness even in elevators. :). I do hope your DD recovers quickly. Kids usually do and the warm weather will really help. :)

Thank you for all the well wishes and the doctor/pharmacy info. I will feel better knowing there are some good options.

To those of you leaving in the next few days, enjoy your week and I'll catch up with you on the tail end of your vacation!

I think I caught some kind of Disney bug here -- there is a bounceback code in out room. I'm really wanting to book something. I think I've really scared my poor DH. And my DD & I are spoiled now and I want to stay club level again. Poor guy, I think I might ruin his vacation. (wondering if I should upgrade to APs).

Thanks for listening. No-one else would understand :).

I think I caught some kind of Disney bug here -- there is a bounceback code in out room. I'm really wanting to book something. I think I've really scared my poor DH. And my DD & I are spoiled now and I want to stay club level again. Poor guy, I think I might ruin his vacation. (wondering if I should upgrade to APs).

Hi MMMears and thanks fr posting while you are there. Sorry you are leaving.( Can you tell me if they are serving oatmeal for breakfast these days and my DD16 wants to know if they have chocolate croissants in the club lounge also?

thanks

So funny...yes, I think we all understand.:grouphug:

The only known cure is booking another trip!pixiedust:

Good luck!

I suffer from that same illness after everyone of my Poly trips. I have a feeling I'll be catching that same bug shortly ... :lmao:

You can always cancel.....:lmao:

Hi MMMears and thanks fr posting while you are there. Sorry you are leaving.( Can you tell me if they are serving oatmeal for breakfast these days and my DD16 wants to know if they have chocolate croissants in the club lounge also?

thanks

in case mmears doesn't see this, I can answer that from a couple weeks ago, the answer to both questions is no. :( I was hoping for chocolate croissants too, but sadly no.

Yep me too. I've already warned my DH that if there's a bounceback in the room, we're booking. He, of course, just rolled his eyes because he knows I'm unstoppable. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter