The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone - I have a question for Teena or anyone else that can help me. Me and DH are booked at YC with water view room (have already noted lagoon view on reservation). I'm wondering since it's just the two of us this trip (no kiddos), are we pretty likely to get a King room and/or an upper level room? I was thinking about adding balcony to our reservation to insure the balcony over a patio, but didn't know if I should ALSO request a King. I don't want too many "wishes" on our reservation as lagoon view would be our #1 request and we wouldn't be upset with 2 QN's, so just curious if anyone knows how many lagoon view rooms have King beds if any.

Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone - I have a question for Teena or anyone else that can help me. Me and DH are booked at YC with water view room (have already noted lagoon view on reservation). I'm wondering since it's just the two of us this trip (no kiddos), are we pretty likely to get a King room and/or an upper level room? I was thinking about adding balcony to our reservation to insure the balcony over a patio, but didn't know if I should ALSO request a King. I don't want too many "wishes" on our reservation as lagoon view would be our #1 request and we wouldn't be upset with 2 QN's, so just curious if anyone knows how many lagoon view rooms have King beds if any.

Thanks everyone!

There are very few king beds. You could get lucky and get one because obviously we will put people in them when there is only one or two people on the reservation. However, the people that request them will most likely get them first. As far as upper floors, people just two people will not mean you would be more likely to get an upper floor. If you do not want the first floor, I'd add that to my reservation. It is true, the more requests, the less likely all will be met. So if lagoon view is something you really really want, you have more of a chance of getting that if that's your one and only request.

There are very few king beds. You could get lucky and get one because obviously we will put people in them when there is only one or two people on the reservation. However, the people that request them will most likely get them first. As far as upper floors, people just two people will not mean you would be more likely to get an upper floor. If you do not want the first floor, I'd add that to my reservation. It is true, the more requests, the less likely all will be met. So if lagoon view is something you really really want, you have more of a chance of getting that if that's your one and only request.

Thanks Teena - I knew you would know - you are so wonderful to help all of us out like you do!! I think I may add the "upper floor" designation and let the rest work itself out! We will be celebrating our 13th Anniversary so I was thinking an upper floor balcony (vs. patio) would be a little more romantic in the evenings :love:

We are so excited to stay at YC for the first time and to take the leisurely stroll to Epcot and back and float around in the awesome pool!!

Thanks Teena - I knew you would know - you are so wonderful to help all of us out like you do!! I think I may add the "upper floor" designation and let the rest work itself out! We will be celebrating our 13th Anniversary so I was thinking an upper floor balcony (vs. patio) would be a little more romantic in the evenings :love:

We are so excited to stay at YC for the first time and to take the leisurely stroll to Epcot and back and float around in the awesome pool!!

Sounds like you picked the right resort! Did you book your vacation using a pin or code? If so, you might want to check the price difference to upgrade to a CL room. If the price isn't horribly more, that would make your vacation even more special. Just ask some of the gang here ... they'll tell you what a super treat that can be.

Sounds like you picked the right resort! Did you book your vacation using a pin or code? If so, you might want to check the price difference to upgrade to a CL room. If the price isn't horribly more, that would make your vacation even more special. Just ask some of the gang here ... they'll tell you what a super treat that can be.

Funny you should say that! After reading here that someone else could upgrade for only $169 I immediately checked on a CL room. :goodvibes We are booked with the public 40% room discount and when I did the numbers it came out to around $500 more so I didn't upgrade. We've never stayed CL and would love to give it a try (especially after reading so many posts here about the convenience - especially for breakfast), but $500 was a bit too much for us. Although I might have to just double check my math to make sure I did it right!!

Funny you should say that! After reading here that someone else could upgrade for only $169 I immediately checked on a CL room. :goodvibes We are booked with the public 40% room discount and when I did the numbers it came out to around $500 more so I didn't upgrade. We've never stayed CL and would love to give it a try (especially after reading so many posts here about the convenience - especially for breakfast), but $500 was a bit too much for us. Although I might have to just double check my math to make sure I did it right!!

Oh no, call Disney reservations get a quote from Disney for the upgrade to club level. You might get lucky like that other disboarder and find it's cheaper than $500.

500 for a week to upgrade to CL is about right. I believe it was 169 for a pp b/c they were at AKL savannah view club level and then jumped over to Yc/Bc i can't remeber which henc the diff was only 169 when they factored in a pin...

My point exactly clare in not returning to BWI next month. I feel I would be disappointed as there is no way it could match up to my last year's experience. from the research I did, i think yc is much more your style and speed (it is for me!). Fewer kids - by far. Very adult themed. No noisy lobby for Cape May breakfast....I know they expanded the BC Lounge but really I look at it like those rooms are full of families whereas the rooms at the YC might have conventioneers in them but they don't pack 5 to a room for a convention. I called the IPO office and was debating BC YC a few months ago and they explained it quite well. BC much more lively, more noisy, more family friendly. Well I don't like noise and YC seemed like the perfect choice. It gets rave reviews over the YC/BC thread...

Thanks Melissa :goodvibes Look forward to hearing your review when you get (not that I'm wishing your trip over soon you understand lol).

Just read about a few of the YC rooms don't have full balconies, whilst I like a full balcony it's the view that's more important to me, I like to leave the door ajar and relax :)

500 for a week to upgrade to CL is about right. I believe it was 169 for a pp b/c they were at AKL savannah view club level and then jumped over to Yc/Bc i can't remeber which henc the diff was only 169 when they factored in a pin...
Originally we were 8 nights AKL CL/SAV through AAA, and upgraded with the 40% off pin to YC CL/LAG - the increase was $315. However, when I take out the AAA savings, the total was closer to $900. I think it might have been a wash if we stuck with a garden view, not sure?

You MUST do a Disney cruise. In fact, I think I should gather all my Disboard lady friends (sorry guys) and I should book 3 cabins, and we should all go together some time. Leave the hubbies and kids at home and just have a ball together being silly women! I've cruised most of the cruise lines and some are really nice but nothing, absolutely nothing, is as good as the Disney cruises! Yes, I'm prejudiced but honestly the food, the adult only beach at Castaway, the cruise staff, the cabins, the relaxing, the entertainment ... it's just heaven!!

I'd really love to try a Disney Cruise one day :lovestruc It sounds absoulutely magical! :goodvibes

Oh no, call Disney reservations get a quote from Disney for the upgrade to club level. You might get lucky like that other disboarder and find it's cheaper than $500.

Hi All!! :goodvibes That was me! Yes, I was able to upgrade to a CL room for only $169 difference. I was origianally booked at a water view room for 5 nights in August Total was $2,742.50 for 2 ppl, 6 day park hopper pass without waterparks, Deluxe Dining Plan.

To upgrade to a GV CL room for the same days, my total became 2,911.50 = only a $169.00 difference btwn what I was going to pay to stay in a waterview room. I chose to upgrade as it was only a small difference in price for our 5 nights, 6 days and I am a true club-level gal at heart :lovestruc , I also have a teen boy in tow who loves his snacks, cans of pop, and the whole club level experience as well!

So....I am booked under the summer savings 40% off deal, added tickets and dining, essentially making this a pkg.... I am paid in FULL as of last Friday and it feels so good! :banana:

Before this all began, I was booked at a Club Level Room at AKL, but unfortunately [or perhaps not! ;) ] there where no club rooms available at AKL on the summer 40% off deal. Booking things this way saved us much more than Free Dining would have! :goodvibes Hope this helps clear up how my upgrade was only $169 for our situation :)

Hi All :wave2:

DH and I just booked a stay at YC CL for 8/16 - 8/23. We're DVC members and waited waaaaay too long to book our summer trip so none of our "usual" resorts (AKL, BWV or SSR) were available for the entire stay. Rather than resort hopping, we decided to try something completely different. We stayed in the CL at AKL last year and LOVED it! However, we usually book a 1-bedroom, but we were only able to book a standard room with points.

The amount of points we ended up using was rather enormous, but since it was our fault for waiting so long and we did end up in CL, I'll try to forget that part ;). I'm just glad we're goingto Disney again!!! :banana:

We requested a lake view (?) room but is there anything else we don't know about? Neither of us have even been inside YC so this will be a totally new experience! Any special activities at YC that might be fun? Does anyone have photos of what the standard rooms look like? I read through lots of pages in this thread, but I'm sure I'm missing alot of valuable info.

I'm hoping for some pixie dust and an upgrade once we arrive, but like I said I'll just be happy to be in Disney :yay:

Thanks for any help, advice, photos, etc!

I just switched to the Beach Club for our vacation this summer. We always stay at the Beach Club, and we thought we should try a new resort this time, but...we just couldn't do it!

OMG - This day has been filled with too much "Disney drama"!

First sadly my in-laws have decided that they will not be coming with us after all for our July trip. Instead they are coming with us again in February to watch the girls compete in Twirlmania. My mil has had some minor health issues and just doesn't feel that she can cope with the July heat and humidity. They've come on two trips with us June/July so she knows what it's like.

Now the part where I say I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!

I was getting our flight information together to send for our ME tags when I realized DH had booked our flight July 18-August 1 instead of August 2. Now I have to tell you it was crazy doing our flights this year. Lots of times we trade AMEX points for either Southwest or Air Tran flights. This year we were told that Southwest and AMEX were cutting off ties. This made me crazy because of the "no baggage fees with SW" and I am a devout overpacker! We ended deciding that it was still cheaper to book Air Tran with our points and pay for the extra baggage. Somehow with all this back and forth the dates got mixed up. Of course I blamed DH until I checked my email and realized I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THE TYPO and gave him the wrong dates. We called Air Tran to see if we could change the flights and they wanted to charge us $105 for each (5) tickets!

So we are losing one day of our trip . grrrrrr. . . I know that we're lucky to have a two week vacation but even losing one day of our trip makes me sad.

I told DH I will have to make up for it in our February trip!

Just had to vent!!!!

I think I will call tomorrow just to be sure! Maybe some pixie dust will be flying!! Thanks again Teena, hope to personally say hello in September!!

We'll be heading to the Beach Club in 3 days. Does anyone know for sure if the slide has reopened? Thanks;)

It was open at 3:00pm on Sunday the 23rd. We moved to the Poly after that, but it was open then. They still had some construction stuff under a portion, but kids were having a blast.

Have Fun!

Hi All :wave2:

DH and I just booked a stay at YC CL for 8/16 - 8/23. We're DVC members and waited waaaaay too long to book our summer trip so none of our "usual" resorts (AKL, BWV or SSR) were available for the entire stay. Rather than resort hopping, we decided to try something completely different. We stayed in the CL at AKL last year and LOVED it! However, we usually book a 1-bedroom, but we were only able to book a standard room with points.

The amount of points we ended up using was rather enormous, but since it was our fault for waiting so long and we did end up in CL, I'll try to forget that part ;). I'm just glad we're goingto Disney again!!! :banana:

We requested a lake view (?) room but is there anything else we don't know about? Neither of us have even been inside YC so this will be a totally new experience! Any special activities at YC that might be fun? Does anyone have photos of what the standard rooms look like? I read through lots of pages in this thread, but I'm sure I'm missing alot of valuable info.

I'm hoping for some pixie dust and an upgrade once we arrive, but like I said I'll just be happy to be in Disney :yay:

Thanks for any help, advice, photos, etc!

Don't feel bad for using DVC points at YC CL. I'd much rather use my points for 4 or 5 CL nights versus 10 nights in a one or two bedroom. We are trying YC CL for one night in Nov after our cruise.

It was open at 3:00pm on Sunday the 23rd. We moved to the Poly after that, but it was open then. They still had some construction stuff under a portion, but kids were having a blast.

Have Fun!

That's great news! We'll be there the day after tomorrow and my boys will be thrilled... (and they don't even know we're going to WDW yet :laughing:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter