The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to read this thread and the old one...and holy cow that's a lot of information! Teena, you have been so helpful! Thanks!

DH and I will be staying at the Beach Club for the first time in late November. We can't wait! This will be our first time staying Deluxe and to be honest...the pool sold us. Even if it's cold I'm going in that pool.

My only question right now is what is the deal with these pin codes? And how do I get one? :yay:
I almost threw out my first one! Months before I booked this vacation I was checking out the Disney site, pricing out different resorts, and saving those quotes. Shortly after I received a few emails about those resorts. On the bottom of one of those emails, in tiny print, was a PIN code. Seriously, it was practically hidden. I have a feeling a lot of people get them and don't even notice it.

I've been trying to read this thread and the old one...and holy cow that's a lot of information! Teena, you have been so helpful! Thanks!

DH and I will be staying at the Beach Club for the first time in late November. We can't wait! This will be our first time staying Deluxe and to be honest...the pool sold us. Even if it's cold I'm going in that pool.

I almost threw out my first one! Months before I booked this vacation I was checking out the Disney site, pricing out different resorts, and saving those quotes. Shortly after I received a few emails about those resorts. On the bottom of one of those emails, in tiny print, was a PIN code. Seriously, it was practically hidden. I have a feeling a lot of people get them and don't even notice it.

Fantastic that you got a pin and found it too! Good point about people not noticing. I'm really glad you are staying with us and if the weather is cold, no worries, the pool is heated. Of course you still have to get out ... that's the bad part.

OMG - This day has been filled with too much "Disney drama"!

First sadly my in-laws have decided that they will not be coming with us after all for our July trip. Instead they are coming with us again in February to watch the girls compete in Twirlmania. My mil has had some minor health issues and just doesn't feel that she can cope with the July heat and humidity. They've come on two trips with us June/July so she knows what it's like.

Now the part where I say I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!

I was getting our flight information together to send for our ME tags when I realized DH had booked our flight July 18-August 1 instead of August 2. Now I have to tell you it was crazy doing our flights this year. Lots of times we trade AMEX points for either Southwest or Air Tran flights. This year we were told that Southwest and AMEX were cutting off ties. This made me crazy because of the "no baggage fees with SW" and I am a devout overpacker! We ended deciding that it was still cheaper to book Air Tran with our points and pay for the extra baggage. Somehow with all this back and forth the dates got mixed up. Of course I blamed DH until I checked my email and realized I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THE TYPO and gave him the wrong dates. We called Air Tran to see if we could change the flights and they wanted to charge us $105 for each (5) tickets!

So we are losing one day of our trip . grrrrrr. . . I know that we're lucky to have a two week vacation but even losing one day of our trip makes me sad.

I told DH I will have to make up for it in our February trip!

Just had to vent!!!!

Oh Robyn, so sorry to hear about your MIL change of plans.

And the flight confusion, how frustrating, at least you figured it out now and not while at Disney!!!

Flights....ok need to book ours, just really think we are not going to drive. Too much to squeeze in. We are going to Tampa for a couple of days before getting to Disney on the 19th. I am actually now thinking about getting to Disney on the 18th - very late evening instead of dealing with traffic from Tampa to Orlando on a weekday. Planning, planning what would be trip be without it!

Hi all! We were hoping to head back to the world in Dec, but were waiting to see if any specials came out. DH got a pin code email with 40% off last night, so I wasted no time and called WDW this morning. I was hoping to try a deluxe that is new to us (we've only been to WL & AKL, usually stay at mods or values) and would normally be too expensive. The CM suggested Beach Club so I booked it and I'm getting all pumped up! I hope it will be warm enough to swim. We always get ice cream at B&C and that pool looks awesome!

I need to spend some time on this thread, but had a few questions (sorry if they are answered here - I'm too excited and don't have a chance to read it all just yet!).

First, is there a place to get quick service hot bfast here? We do love the food courts at the values and mods and wonder if there's something similar to that here. Breakfast is my main concern as all other meals will be at the parks.

Second, both my kids get really nervous about fireworks (don't like the booms). Will the fireworks at Illuminations be loud at Beach Club? And, could we watch these from the Boardwalk area and get all the "oohs and awes" without the booms?

So excited. We aren't telling our kids yet and DH is in meetings all day. I'm bursting with excitement!

Hi everyone. Just love this thread! We are booked into a Club Level Jr. suite with a lagoon view this September at the Yacht Club. Anyone ever stayed in this type of room? If so do you know their locations? I don't have a clue what a jr. suite is. It would be great if anyone has a photo. Is September weather really as miserable as I have heard? Thanks.

Love this thread! It gets me so excited for our trip (still 159 days away!). I've heard a lot about long waits to get into beaches and cream and they don't take reservations. Any hints on best times? A late lunch or does everyone try that? Are the really long waits during the busiest times of the year? We are going in late October -- crowds at the parks are suppose to be less so can I safely assume crowds at Beaches and Cream will be lower too?

Thanks!

Julie

:cool1:

Hi all! We were hoping to head back to the world in Dec, but were waiting to see if any specials came out. DH got a pin code email with 40% off last night, so I wasted no time and called WDW this morning. I was hoping to try a deluxe that is new to us (we've only been to WL & AKL, usually stay at mods or values) and would normally be too expensive. The CM suggested Beach Club so I booked it and I'm getting all pumped up! I hope it will be warm enough to swim. We always get ice cream at B&C and that pool looks awesome!

I need to spend some time on this thread, but had a few questions (sorry if they are answered here - I'm too excited and don't have a chance to read it all just yet!).

First, is there a place to get quick service hot bfast here? We do love the food courts at the values and mods and wonder if there's something similar to that here. Breakfast is my main concern as all other meals will be at the parks.

Second, both my kids get really nervous about fireworks (don't like the booms). Will the fireworks at Illuminations be loud at Beach Club? And, could we watch these from the Boardwalk area and get all the "oohs and awes" without the booms?

So excited. We aren't telling our kids yet and DH is in meetings all day. I'm bursting with excitement!

I share you excitment! We just used our 40 % PIN last week to book at BC too. I've never stayed there so take my answers with a grain of salt but I have been trying to plow through this thread since last week. :)

From what I've seen in the reviews of BC the biggest complaint focuses on lack of counterservice dining options. There is the Marketplace which might fit your needs if you want a quick breakfast to go but I don't think there is a QS hot breakfast and there isn't a "food court" like at other resorts.

I can't help about the fireworks since I haven't been at BC.

Congrats on your PIN and upcoming BC trip!

Today we were able to change our YC reservation to BC GV CL! My friends and I are doing a "Girls only" trip and it will be the first time CL for two of us and the first time at BC CL for our other friend - though she is a CL veteran.:thumbsup2 Excited would be an understatement!! :woohoo:

Hope to see you in December, Teena! Promise to bring your favorite TastyKakes. :goodvibes

:dance3:

Oh Robyn, so sorry to hear about your MIL change of plans.

And the flight confusion, how frustrating, at least you figured it out now and not while at Disney!!!

Flights....ok need to book ours, just really think we are not going to drive. Too much to squeeze in. We are going to Tampa for a couple of days before getting to Disney on the 19th. I am actually now thinking about getting to Disney on the 18th - very late evening instead of dealing with traffic from Tampa to Orlando on a weekday. Planning, planning what would be trip be without it!

Did you decide DDP or not? We ended up cancelling our DDP since the girls are now "Disney adults" and usually order kids chicken nugget meals everywhere we go! We're doing TIW and paying OOP (well paying with the tons of gift cards I've been squirreling away!).

Let me know if you're coming down on the 18th!

Teena - looks like you'll be feasting on tastycakes!!!

Teena - looks like you'll be feasting on tastycakes!!!

I know ... it's just wonderful. I can taste them now! I freeze them and have one every other night for dessert. When Jeanne was here last, there were two chocolate juniors in my freezer from a friend and I caught her sneaking one. Game on ... war!!!

I'm a big fan of the plain chocolate ones and the butterscotch krimpets!

Fill your freezer and think of the "tastycake" area when you enjoy them!

You're pretty strong willed if you can hold out for every other night.

Today we were able to change our YC reservation to BC GV CL! My friends and I are doing a "Girls only" trip and it will be the first time CL for two of us and the first time at BC CL for our other friend - though she is a CL veteran.:thumbsup2 Excited would be an understatement!! :woohoo:

Hope to see you in December, Teena! Promise to bring your favorite TastyKakes. :goodvibes

:dance3:

:banana: I second that! :cool1:

This is the best thread going! Teena, you are amazing for sharing so many tips! Does every resort thread have one of you? :love:

I have a question about balconies. We will be at BCV in October, staying in a 2 BR for our first trip "Home". I know many of the BC rooms have small (or nonexistent) balconies. Does this hold true for the 2BR BCV?

Should I put in a request for a large balcony? One of the best parts of all of our WDW trips has been sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine after DD goes to bed. I would hate to miss out. :cloud9:

This thread is wonderful! We are thinking of booking a trip this July and Beach Club is topping this family of five's list. We have only stayed at MK resorts previously and want to try something new. (Storm Along Bay is calling our name!) Quick question: Do all the rooms come with a refrigerator, or is this something I need to request? Are they "dorm-sized"? I don't really plan on any food, but I'd like to stock it with water bottles and sodas (and maybe a beer or two.)

This is the best thread going! Teena, you are amazing for sharing so many tips! Does every resort thread have one of you? :love:

I have a question about balconies. We will be at BCV in October, staying in a 2 BR for our first trip "Home". I know many of the BC rooms have small (or nonexistent) balconies. Does this hold true for the 2BR BCV?

Should I put in a request for a large balcony? One of the best parts of all of our WDW trips has been sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine after DD goes to bed. I would hate to miss out. :cloud9:

You'll have a balcony ... the BCV is different than the BC. It's the BC that has half standing and half full balconies. BCV23 is a disboarder on this thread and I think she knows every villa and every balcony in the building .. probably stayed in most of them. She'll be able to better answer your question as far as which ones have large balconies. I believe there might be size differences but all are big enough to sit on. She and other BCV guests can give you their opinion on what is best to request. Keep in mind the BCV is always full and therefore requests are really tough to get but the room assignors certainly do their best. See you in October! You're gonna love the Food & Wine Festival ... walking to it from the BC makes it even better!

This thread is wonderful! We are thinking of booking a trip this July and Beach Club is topping this family of five's list. We have only stayed at MK resorts previously and want to try something new. (Storm Along Bay is calling our name!) Quick question: Do all the rooms come with a refrigerator, or is this something I need to request? Are they "dorm-sized"? I don't really plan on any food, but I'd like to stock it with water bottles and sodas (and maybe a beer or two.)

They all have refrigerators. If you need more room, just ask for an extra refrigerator to be sent to your room. They are tiny but they seem to work fine since most people just keep filling them up as they take drinks out. I've given up on taking cold water to the parks ... I keep my bottled water room temperature and take them that way. It seems like 15 minutes after being out in the heat, they aren't cold anymore and the bottles get all slippery and wet from being cold so I just don't bother. However, the beer must be cold!!:woohoo:

We will be at Yacht Club for the first time in just 13 days! School is winding down this week and next week will be my full on planning week! If I may ask a couple questions for you guys who have been lucky enough to experience this hotel already!
1. Will the refrigerator hold 3 1/2 gallon cartons? I am thinking of ordering OJ, white milk and chocolate milk. But only if it will all fit!
2. Is there a coffee pot?
3. Where will the wegoshop ladies meet us for a grocery delivery?
4. Are there mugs and where do we fill them?
5. Is there a place by the pool to get a snack? Maybe an adult beverage?
6 If DH has already checked in but won't be at the room when we get there (he is working) can he leave a key at the front desk?

We like the area and usually stay at the Swan or Dolphin but this trip YC worked out as a better choice because of the ME option as we are all on different flights.Thanks so much!

I quoted myself to bump up my questions. This thread moves fast! Thanks if you can help!

I quoted myself to bump up my questions. This thread moves fast! Thanks if you can help!

1. Will the refrigerator hold 3 1/2 gallon cartons? I am thinking of ordering OJ, white milk and chocolate milk. But only if it will all fit! If everything you have won't fit, ask for an extra refrigerator.
2. Is there a coffee pot? Yes
3. Where will the wegoshop ladies meet us for a grocery delivery? Never heard of wegoshop ladies. However, there is a grocery store (anybody know the name?) that delivers to Bell Services and Bell Services keeps the refrigerated stuff in the storage refrigerator until you have everything brought up to your room.
4. Are there mugs and where do we fill them? You can purchase the refillable mugs at the Marketplace off the BC lobby and then refill them at the Marketplace or by Hurricane Hanna's which is by SAB.
5. Is there a place by the pool to get a snack? Yes, Hurricane Hanna's is a grill that has burgers, etc. Maybe an adult beverage? Yes, Hurricane Hanna's also has a bar and their are servers walking around the pool area also.
6 If DH has already checked in but won't be at the room when we get there (he is working) can he leave a key at the front desk? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter