The 2010 North Carolina Members Thread

B's is hard to beat. Got to be in my top 3, if not number 1. Great ambience too. :rotfl2:

You know, DW and myself might just drive to Greenville on Thursday or Friday and eat at B's. You have to get there early as they do run out though. It's funny, we're both retired and usually once a week we'll set out in one direction or another for a day trip and there always has to be a good BBQ or country food restaurant somewhere along the trip. Last week we drove over to Zebulon to McCleans (great country food). Maybe this week B's.

We're in Thomasville and own points at AKL. We're getting ready to add more points for the 3rd time in 2 years, but we're thinking of buying Hilton Head points this time.

You know, DW and myself might just drive to Greenville on Thursday or Friday and eat at B's. You have to get there early as they do run out though. It's funny, we're both retired and usually once a week we'll set out in one direction or another for a day trip and there always has to be a good BBQ or country food restaurant somewhere along the trip. Last week we drove over to Zebulon to McCleans (great country food). Maybe this week B's.

Yep. They certainly run out sometimes if you're not there early; especially BBQ chicken.

Sounds like you've been before and know the ambience thing was tongue in cheek. LOL

Holler if you come this way. I might meet you guys over there and buy you lunch. I'm only 28 from Greenville just 2 miles off the Wilson bypass on the OLD route to Greenville (through Wilson).

Hi everyone! We live in Holly Springs, NC. Me-42, DH-42, DD-15, and DS-13. We joined last year and are members at AKL!

DW and I were big beach music fans in college...I even did a stint as a shag instructor at a club in Greenville. Of course that was long, long ago when the original Tams were still around and General Johnson was much younger. Now when I dance my DD/18 says I am doing the "old man dance"...no rhythm and a whole lot of finger snapping.

Do not feel bad... My kids 12 and 13 think I have lost my mind when I drag them to the beach concerts. I think it is sad that they do not get the feeling of hearing that truely classic Carolina sound. I hope that some day they will understand the joy of just kicking off their shoes and shagging in the sand like I did when I was their age. Rhythm or not at least you are listening to great music :cool1:.

You all know there is a serious need for a NC take over of WDW. We need to plan an invasion :lmao:. The southern accents would be so thick no one would be able to figure out what we were talking about.:rotfl2:.

Native NCer here. We live in Burlington. It is me, my DW, DD17 and DS15. We have been members since late 2001 and own all our pts. at VWL.

Hi. My Dad's family is from Burlington. Have great memories as a child of riding the carousel in the city park. Is it still going? I have not been there except to pass through on the way to the beach in several years.

We own at SSR and will be taking our first trip as DVC members in October. This will be DD 11's 7th trip to WDW and DS's 23 & 20 will be going with us for the first time in years.:cheer2:

Our family resides in Greensboro...own at BWV and BLT and we vacation at Holden Beach when not at WDW./QUOTE]

I'm a native Holden Beach'r now living just a few minutes away in the big town of Shallotte.;)

Okay, here is an idea that I had...tell me what you think.

Whenever a member of this thread is in another's home area then the home town member should extend some hospitality. Here's how I have figured it to be fair:

WilsonFlyer and I will buy the BBQ (let's keep it to a sandwich apiece, we're not rich)when folk's are in the Wilson area popcorn::...when in Wilmington the home-towners will put us up in a beach front cottage at their expense :cloud9:...Asheville area, we'll be looking at the Grove Park Inn (we are not greedy, one night will do) :woohoo:...Raleigh, how about the Angus Barn :banana:...Charlotte, a Panther's and Bobcat's game would be nice :cheer2:...and Winston Salem, there is one thing I love maybe even more than BBQ---Krispy Kremes. They have to be hot and fresh. Just a dozen will do. :worship:

So what do you think? Sounds like a deal to me. Seriously, let's do think about some meet and greets.

Do not feel bad... My kids 12 and 13 think I have lost my mind when I drag them to the beach concerts. I think it is sad that they do not get the feeling of hearing that truely classic Carolina sound. I hope that some day they will understand the joy of just kicking off their shoes and shagging in the sand like I did when I was their age. Rhythm or not at least you are listening to great music :cool1:.
LOL! DD/18 just saw your reply and noticed the dancing guy at the end. She said "See daddy, that is exactly how you look when you dance!!!

Okay, here is an idea that I had...tell me what you think.

Whenever a member of this thread is in another's home area then the home town member should extend some hospitality. Here's how I have figured it to be fair:

WilsonFlyer and I will buy the BBQ (let's keep it to a sandwich apiece, we're not rich)when folk's are in the Wilson area popcorn::...when in Wilmington the home-towners will put us up in a beach front cottage at their expense :cloud9:...Asheville area, we'll be looking at the Grove Park Inn (we are not greedy, one night will do) :woohoo:...Raleigh, how about the Angus Barn :banana:...Charlotte, a Panther's and Bobcat's game would be nice :cheer2:...and Winston Salem, there is one thing I love maybe even more than BBQ---Krispy Kremes. They have to be hot and fresh. Just a dozen will do. :worship:

So what do you think? Sounds like a deal to me. Seriously, let's do think about some meet and greets.

LOL!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl: I could handle the Krispy Kremes, they are right down the street from me.....but, not the beach front cottage!!!:) I would need to win the lottery first!!!!!:rotfl2:

You all know there is a serious need for a NC take over of WDW. We need to plan an invasion :lmao:. The southern accents would be so thick no one would be able to figure out what we were talking about.:rotfl2:.
Now that is the best idea ever!!!! Storm the Castle!

We'll start renaming things and changing themes. Let's see....

1. REAL sweet tea at every restaurant. Unsweetened? Huh?
2. Flame Tree BBQ will serve REAL BBQ.
3. Shagging on the Boardwalk
4. The Land ride at Epcot will show how tobacco is grown, cropped and barned
5. Can you imagine how we could revise Soaring?
6. The Richard Petty Driving Experience would be renamed Charlotte Motor Speedway South
7. Main Street USA would be rethemed to look like Mayberry with wandering Barney and Otis actors.
8. The Main Street Electric Parade would be floats pulled by pick-up trucks.
9. The lighthouse at Old Key West would be replaced by the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
10. And finally...The next DVC resort...The Villas at Hank's Trailer Park. A two bedroom mobile home will cost you 2 points per night Sunday through Thursday, 4 points on Friday and 6 on Saturday. Maintenance fees would be $9.32 per point due to yard upkeep and hurricanes.

LOL!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl: I could handle the Krispy Kremes, they are right down the street from me.....but, not the beach front cottage!!!:) I would need to win the lottery first!!!!!:rotfl2:
Now this brings up an important point. In Knightdale NC (just outside of Raleigh) they have a "Krispy Kreme store". I put that in quotations because it is not a real KK. They don't actually cook the doughnuts there. They are trucked in!

Here is what I tell DW. I will drive 30 miles for a KK (has to be Hot and Fresh) but if the "Hot and Fresh" sign is not on we are not stopping. The doughnut(s) must be eaten before the glaze starts to set. Once the glaze sets (it will flake off at this point when you take a bite) and the doughnut has cooled even slightly you have to ask yourself if it is still worth eating.

Hey! I know that look you all have on your faces right now! Stop it! It is the same look DW gives me when I pronounce this as truth. But hey, a man has to have standards.

About the cottage. We can let you make the ressies for us and then we'll allow you to pay for the rental over a 10 year period at a preferred rate of 10.75%. In fact if you come by the cottage at the end of the week we'll treat you to cookies, lemonade and an ice cream sundae for the kids. :)

Sounds like an excelent plan ya'll!!! We will be there the week of October 24th at AKL-KV. We have other NC friends joining us so we will have double the NC speaking people to add to the fun. :banana:

I am a FL native born in Green Cove Springs and raised in Middleburg, FL. Growing up we couldn't afford to go to Disney, I only went twice while I lived in FL. I moved to Fayettteville, NC where I met my DH. While I was 8 weeks preggo with my 1st DS in 2000 we went to WDW with my parents. In 2001 we went with my DH's family, and after that we went every year and bought into DVC @ SSR in 2004. We now live in Winterville, NC that is next to Greenville.

As for the BBQ it took me awhile to warm up to Carolina BBQ, I was use to Woody's and Sonny's BBQ in FL with the tomato base BBQ.

I saw that a PP said something about all the NC people going to WDW with their southern accents. Some FL people have southern accents also. I grew up in the sticks with all the surfing, hunting, driving the big 4x4 trucks, 4 wheeling, and chewing tobacco rednecks of FL.:rotfl:

Disney will always be a part of our lives.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter