The 2010 North Carolina Members Thread

Hi Jitzy! Wilson is known for it's 'Cue with Parker's and Bill's being the favorites. My father-in-law has to have Parker's eveytime he visits. I personally prefer Wilbur's in Goldsboro. It is cooked over oak.

Where do you live in Florida?[/QUOTE

I love Wilburs- usually has great service too. It is a must stop on any trip back home from the Raleigh area.
DH and I live in Carteret County (Emerald Isle, Atlantic Beach!!!) and really love this state. :goodvibes
We own at VWL and SSR.

Hi Jitzy! Wilson is known for it's 'Cue with Parker's and Bill's being the favorites. My father-in-law has to have Parker's eveytime he visits. I personally prefer Wilbur's in Goldsboro. It is cooked over oak.

Where do you live in Florida?[/QUOTE

I love Wilburs- usually has great service too. It is a must stop on any trip back home from the Raleigh area.
DH and I live in Carteret County (Emerald Isle, Atlantic Beach!!!) and really love this state. :goodvibes
We own at VWL and SSR.
Hi Tink!

Thanks for joining us. We have spent a week every summer on the island with DW family. Most of this time we were at Salter Path (Summer Winds), then rented a cottage in Atlantic Beach (Sea Dreams). Next summer we will be moving to a beautiful cottage in Emerald Isle (Bermuda House). Maybe we'll see you there! :)

My partner Lisa and I live in Asheville. We have been DVC owners since 2008 and currently own at SSR with dreams of buying a small contract at HHI.

Linda
Welcome to you Westerns! I LOVE Asheville! We too have thought of buying a small contract at HHI and spending a night or two before or after our WDW vacations. It is pretty close to half way for us and I just have no desire to do the straight-through drives anymore.

My partner Lisa and I live in Asheville. We have been DVC owners since 2008 and currently own at SSR with dreams of buying a small contract at HHI.

Linda

Hi neighbors!! We too are dreaming of HHI!! We love Emerald Isle but that is a nine hour drive for us, HHI is about 5. We have relatives that have a place at Emerald Isle so we can go there about anytime, but it would be nice to have our own piece of an island... maybe someday!!

Hi Lost in Neverland! We rent a cottage and vacation at Emerald Isle every summer with my wife's family. Is the Coastline band that you like the beach music band?

Yes it is. We are formally Coastline Crazies and love Jim Quick. We just got back from EI about three weeks ago. I think next year we are going to Topsail the houses are a lot newer and not near as expensive. it is just hard to change beaches after about 40 years. We are unfortunately creatures of habit around my house.

Hi -- My DH and I bought into DVC in 2008, about 8 weeks after we had our 2nd child :) We live in Raleigh! We own at SSR. We have a 2 year old little girl and 5 year old little boy. They LOVE disney and are headed back home in November. WOO HOO :cool1:

Yes it is. We are formally Coastline Crazies and love Jim Quick. We just got back from EI about three weeks ago. I think next year we are going to Topsail the houses are a lot newer and not near as expensive. it is just hard to change beaches after about 40 years. We are unfortunately creatures of habit around my house.
I know what you mean. There are 15-16 of us that go down together now. We have talked about trying the beaches around Wilmington for years now but never make the move. We've gone from Salter Path to Atlantic Beach to Emerald Isle but it is hard to totally move on to something new.

DW and I were big beach music fans in college...I even did a stint as a shag instructor at a club in Greenville. Of course that was long, long ago when the original Tams were still around and General Johnson was much younger. Now when I dance my DD/18 says I am doing the "old man dance"...no rhythm and a whole lot of finger snapping.

Hi -- My DH and I bought into DVC in 2008, about 8 weeks after we had our 2nd child :) We live in Raleigh! We own at SSR. We have a 2 year old little girl and 5 year old little boy. They LOVE disney and are headed back home in November. WOO HOO :cool1:
Welcome! DW and I lived in Raleigh when we were first married and both DS/10 and DD/18 werre born at Rex. You're kids are going to have a blast growing up DIsney!!

So maybe we Asheville DVCers should meet up sometime at 12 Bones for some BBQ. (Altho I confess I haven't actually eaten there yet -- I'm too busy saving up money for my next trip to spend money eating out locally).

Where do you live in Florida?

We live in Jacksonville. Love it here! Only 2.5 hrs from Disney. My youngest DS and I went down overnight last Friday. I just woke up, decided to call and see if there was a studio available, there was and we went!

So maybe we Asheville DVCers should meet up sometime at 12 Bones for some BBQ. (Altho I confess I haven't actually eaten there yet -- I'm too busy saving up money for my next trip to spend money eating out locally).

LOL... I have lived here all of my life and have never eaten there either. I guess it must be pretty good since the President likes it...

We live in Jacksonville. Love it here! Only 2.5 hrs from Disney. My youngest DS and I went down overnight last Friday. I just woke up, decided to call and see if there was a studio available, there was and we went!
So cool! I'll bet your DS LOVED that. So I must ask...has there ever been a time that there was not road construction in Jacksonville lol? When we drove through in July I told my wife that if memory served me correctly they were working on the roads (I-95) when I drove through my senior year in high school...1979 and everytime trip through since then. :)

Native NCer here. We live in Burlington. It is me, my DW, DD17 and DS15. We have been members since late 2001 and own all our pts. at VWL.

Aaahhh the relish! I'd love to get your opinion...We usually rent a cottage for a week a either Atlantic Beach or Emerald Isle each summer. We were looking into a new local for this upcoming summer. What are your opinions of Topsail vs Carolina Beach vs Cure Beach? We needed a large cottage with a swimming pool which seemed to rule our Wrightsville (no pools from what we can find). Thanks!

I think the places to rent at Topsail are nice and most are newer. Carolina and Kure beach are closer to Wilmington. So you would have more to do if you want time away from the beach ie Fort Fisher, aquarium, restaurants, and shopping.

If any of my fellow North Carolinians are interested and you have a Disney Visa, you can get a great deal at HHI this fall:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2526190

We went on this deal last (early) November for a three night weekend there. It was our first time to HHI and we fell in love! So we're taking advantage of it for early Nov. again. :)

Couple of Cornhuskers here living in Fuquay Varina outside of Raleigh. Been DVC since '93! DD, SIL, 2 GSons at Camp LeJeune. SIL in route home from Afghanistan!!

I think that is a GREAT idea! I live on Sweeten Creek Rd. and there is a 12 Bones location just a bit down the road and I have never eaten there either. The lines at lunch time are a bit intimidating. That being said....there are lots of great restaurants in town at all price ranges....let's pick a spot, and a date and get on with getting to know one another!

( Luella's on Merrimon is very good and a bit cheaper than 12 Bones )

Linda

We are loving this thread!!!... Keep it coming.
We live in south east Charlotte, a stone’s throw from Matthews. DH’s Dad grew up in the Wilson/Greenville area and his Mom grew up in Kinston. We too miss the BBQ there (YUM).
We joined “The Club” in January 2008 and own at Kidani Village and Old Key West. We LOVE the Villas at The Wilderness Lodge.
We also vacation at Emerald Isle and as a matter of fact we are heading there tomorrow staying at Sound of the Seas Condos with lots of family. We do miss Disney though.
We would love to have a DVC party someday to meet some kindred spirits here in our area.
Visit us on the Web (link below).

Our family resides in Greensboro...own at BWV and BLT and we vacation at Holden Beach when not at WDW.

Our BBQ favorite, since it is being discussed......is found in Lexington of course......located on business I85 highway 29/70. Lexington BBQ, also known has Honey Monks BBQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter