The 2010 North Carolina Members Thread

Only in the South would you ever expect to hear a conversation that included the phrase "you know...I'm thinking about getting rid of my goats...". :lmao:

From what I understand, goats don't travel very well so with the group's permission and funding, I'd be happy to volunteer to take them down and goat-sit them for a few days at AK. It may be slightly expensive but remember...it's for the goats. :rolleyes1

Only in the South would you ever expect to hear a conversation that included the phrase "you know...I'm thinking about getting rid of my goats...". :lmao:

From what I understand, goats don't travel very well so with the group's permission and funding, I'd be happy to volunteer to take them down and goat-sit them for a few days at AK. It may be slightly expensive but remember...it's for the goats. :rolleyes1

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Anyone worried about the Hurricane coming? Thinking I might fill both cars up with gas tomorrow to be on the safe side. Might need to get another propane tank. Just hope it passes without any damage. I still have falsh back to Floyd and the flooding.:scared1:

Anyone worried about the Hurricane coming? Thinking I might fill both cars up with gas tomorrow to be on the safe side. Might need to get another propane tank. Just hope it passes without any damage. I still have falsh back to Floyd and the flooding.:scared1:
I am definitely watching it veeerrryyy closely. I too remember Floyd and Fran and what they did to Eastern NC. I don't think Earl will have that much of an impact where we are but I am keeping watch.

I pray that everyone east of here fares well. :hug:

I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow North Carolinians. I hope you have safe travels and wonderful fellowship with those you love. :grouphug:

You too. We are counting down our trip in January and Thanksgiving marks the 50 day point. My kids remind each day from that point forward how long we have. Up until then they are not allowed to do a count down due to the fact my DH does it for them :rotfl2:.

You too. We are counting down our trip in January and Thanksgiving marks the 50 day point. My kids remind each day from that point forward how long we have. Up until then they are not allowed to do a count down due to the fact my DH does it for them :rotfl2:.

:lmao: Your hubby sounds like me. My kids form of a count sounds something like this, "Yeah Dad, we know were going to Disney World. You told us yesterday. And the day before. And the day before..."

I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow North Carolinians. I hope you have safe travels and wonderful fellowship with those you love. :grouphug:

:thumbsup2 Happy Thanksgiving to you too! and all of the other NC DVC Diser's! :) Safe travels to those travelling!

My DH and I are doing a trip in January without the kids. Everyday he send me a text letting me know how many more days till we leave. We go every September but I just need a break from a bad bad year and my DH needs a break from work. My DS9 is counting the days down when his Grandma comes to take care of him and is brother.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!! Will be headed to Fayetteville to spend it with family without DH he has to work the day after. I am done with Christmas shopping so Black Friday is going to be for fun this year>:cool1:

Hi All,

I think that I can technically join this group as DH and I will be moving to NC within the next 6 months :cool1:. DH was just offered a wonderful job opportunity in Jacksonville that he accepted. Our plan is to rent in the area for the first year and scout out areas to live any where from Swansboro to midway between Jacksonville and Wilmington. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!!

Our home resort is SSR and travel to WDW atleast 2 times a year with a 2 week stay in May and usually a week around the holidays.

How do most of you travel to WDW?? Drive or fly?? Would love to gather as much info as possible since right now our only option is flying but it is nice to know that I might have the option to drive!!

I would appreciate as much advice as possible from my fellow North Carolina DVC'ers!!!

Thanks in advance

Mimmie:)

Hi All,

I think that I can technically join this group as DH and I will be moving to NC within the next 6 months :cool1:. DH was just offered a wonderful job opportunity in Jacksonville that he accepted. Our plan is to rent in the area for the first year and scout out areas to live any where from Swansboro to midway between Jacksonville and Wilmington. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!!

Our home resort is SSR and travel to WDW atleast 2 times a year with a 2 week stay in May and usually a week around the holidays.

How do most of you travel to WDW?? Drive or fly?? Would love to gather as much info as possible since right now our only option is flying but it is nice to know that I might have the option to drive!!

I would appreciate as much advice as possible from my fellow North Carolina DVC'ers!!!

Thanks in advance

I'm a county or two away from Jacksonville! :) We go twice a year like you; May and December for a week each time. We drive or fly; the drive is about 11 hours from Jacksonville (YMMV) or fly Allegiant from Wilmington to Sanford. Jacksonville has an airport that connects to Charlotte or Atlanta on to Orlando I believe. We also have a nice 7-8 hour drive to HHI DVC as an option.
:rolleyes1 My dear friend has a house on the market in Cedar Point (across the bridge from Swansboro) that is 2 story with dining room, half bathroom, master bedroom with bath, open kitchen to living room on the main floor and 2 bedrooms, extra room, family room above garage (FROG) that you can see the Emerald Isle bridge from and bathroom up stairs (and storage attic access room). DH says to mention the 2 car garage that any man would die for. ;) Just saying. :lmao:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Welcome to NC!(soon anyway!) I live in Wilmington. We used to fly all the time til airfare got pricey, so lately we've been driving. It's about 9 or so hours (depending on traffic, of course!) It's not a bad drive, just sort of long.
We are going this Sat for a week and flying SW! :cool1::cool1: They fly out of Raleigh. The only carriers out of ILM are US Air, Delta and Allegiant. I've never flown Allegiant, several of my friends have and had no problems! The only thing is that they don't fly into MCO, so you have to rent a car or book a shuttle to get to Disney. Also, they only fly 2 days a week (Sun and Thu. right now...sometimes I think it changes). It is a direct flight though. US Air, you have to change planes in Charlotte and Delta in Atlanta.
Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Hi All, I am getting cabin fever. Who else is snowed in? We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing. I do not ever remember it snowing this long in a stretch. We are North of Charlotte and it seems that it is supposed to continue this until early evening. At least it is not the weekend we leave in January.

I have been active on Dis for years and never knew there was a NC thread! I am in Wilmington and live and breathe for my Disney trips. We were planning to go, actually TODAY, but sold the points and books a family gathering for next Thanksgiving and two small trips before then. I love Disney, so anytime there is a Diser meet in NC, let me know!

We live in wake forest. my wife, son is 8, and daughter is 6. we own at beach club and AKL. I am wishing right now being at disney due to snow.

Hi All, I am getting cabin fever. Who else is snowed in? We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing. I do not ever remember it snowing this long in a stretch. We are North of Charlotte and it seems that it is supposed to continue this until early evening. At least it is not the weekend we leave in January.

We just finished a week stay at Bay Lake Tower in 2 BR....enjoyed a great week. Have had some cold nights in WDW this past week. Today's high 44. Heading home to Greensboro tomorrow, hoping to see a little snow left.

We have about 10 1/2 inches west of Asheville. Wishing I did not have to cancel our January Disney trip.:sad1: The snow sure is beautiful though!

I have been active on Dis for years and never knew there was a NC thread! I am in Wilmington and live and breathe for my Disney trips. We were planning to go, actually TODAY, but sold the points and books a family gathering for next Thanksgiving and two small trips before then. I love Disney, so anytime there is a Diser meet in NC, let me know!

Woohoo, another Wilmington DVC Diser!!!! We just got back on Fri! We had a great trip! The weather was a little cool (chilly at night!) a few days and warm enough for short sleeves a few days! DS went swimming Tue, Wed and Thu. It wasn't warm enough for me to swm though! :)
I'm always up for a meet. PM me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter