Tell us 1 thing you love, and 1 thing you highly dislike about your home resort.

The thing I love the most about BLT is how close it is to the Magic Kingdom ( which is my favorite park). The thing I like the least the the "theme park" views that aren't really theme park views. I don't mind paying more points for a theme park view but I don't want to have to hang over the side of a balcony to see the park.

SSR= Pro.Real nice relaxing resort w/ 2 awesome feature pools.

Con.....Need More points...LoL...j/k .Too spread out.

AKV

Love: viewing the animals from my room, African artwork, friendly CMs, Sanaa (my favorite restaurant), the smell of the Jambo House lobby, very convenient garage parking at Kidani Village, quick drive to Animal Kingdom Park

I don't dislike anything about the resort, but I wish they served breakfast at Sanaa.

BWV- so many things to love. Location and views are at the top of the list.

hate- no food court. No self serve drink refill station.

Disney if you are listening.... I don't expect the money to be spent on a quick service but how about just a drink refill station?

I hate when they refill the paper cups! It is annoying and also not enviornmentally friendly! It is bad when my 12 year old says "what a waste" on the paper cups!

Refill station pretty please!!!!

OK, here goes:
BWV: Love proximity to EPCOT Center and my purchase price :) Dislike the looooong walks from the lone main elevator bank.

BCV: Love proximity to EPCOT Center and Stormalong Bay. Wish the rooms were in better shape.

SSR: Love the quiet and peace of the resort. Dislike the long circuitous bus routing.

BWV: Love the location and the boardwalk views. Hate the long hallways.

AKV: Love the animals and the restaurants. Hate the buses.

As a family of 5
General:
Like: BLT, AKV, OKW One Bedrooms sleep 5
Dislike: Other Resorts One Bedrooms do not sleep 5

For the resorts we have visited:
HHI
Like: Staff and other recreational programs for us and our children, and that you are NOT directly on the beach
Dislike: Nothing

AKV- Kidani
Like: two bathrooms in one bedroom
Dislike: No CS at Kidani

SSR-Treehouses
Like: views of the waterways and boat to DTD
Dislike: Internal bus to SSR could be more frequent (smaller buses, but more frequency maybe?), oh and they just raised the point cost for them :furious:

BCV Like the walk to Epcot. Dislike that the rooms seem so small and that it is so quiet on our side of the lake and the BWVs have so much activity (but we just walk over so it isn't so bad).

I'm the odd duck out...we own at BWV. There is nothing about the resort we like.

We bought when there was nothing but BW and OKW and admittedly didn't know anything about a resale market, so we bought direct from Disney and they had no OKW contracts available. We wanted to own DVC and so bought the BWV contract. Fortunately, we haven't any had problems getting the OKW ressies we really want.

We bought OKW and would rather have BWV. How many points do you have?

Having finally just stayed at my home resort, SSR, I can finally chime in. Loved the THV and what wonderful service we received from bell services to the bus drivers to you name it. It would be nice though if the THV pool had a bar and more of a theme. It was an easy fix though to just hop on over to the Springs pool. :thumbsup2

AKV - our first home resort

Jambo -
Love - the gorgeous lobby, the smell of Boma, the beautiful pool, Value and Concierge room options
Dislike - that everyone seems to think it's too far away from everything

Kidani -
Love - the larger one bedrooms with the extra bath, the quiet peacefulness, covered parking
Dislike - smaller lobby, no counter service food venue

VGC - our second home resort

Love - Arts & Crafts theme/decor, location, location, location!
Dislike - points per might are high, hard to buy more points due to limited quantity

BCV - our third home resort

Love - location, exterior architecture, Beaches & Cream and Cape May
Dislike - no water view options in the villas

BCV LIKES Love the location.
Dislikes Breakfast in the Market place is nasty, Needs the rooms referbed.

BWV Likes Great location.
Dislikes Didnt like the pool.
AKL LIKES The animals the lobby.
DISLIKES The Food.
HHI LIKES The cast members, Very Relaxing
Dislikes None
Vero Likes Very relaxing,
DISLIKES THE BUGS

OKW: pretty much love everything about it. I guess it is a toss up between the large rooms and the relaxed feeling you get as soon as you get there and hear that steel drum music.

Dislike: If I have to pick something I guess it would be that it is not real close to any of the main parks.

AKV: Really like the theming and relaxed feel.

Dislike, and this is one I bet you haven't heard yet but I biggy for me. The king sized beds are to high. I absolutley hate having to climb up onto the bed and need to jump down at night when I have to go to the bathroom. I probably won't stay here again because of this. Usually being short doesn't bother me but this one does get to me. It is not a good feeling. I doubt I am the only one. Just the only one to complain.

SSR
Dislikes: haven't stayed there for awhile but dislike how far removed it seems.

BWV
Dislikes: parking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter