Tell us 1 thing you love, and 1 thing you highly dislike about your home resort.

AKV - love the relaxed feel of the resort, the animals, activities, the isolation of the resort; hate the lack of a zipline to AK.... That would be just AMAZING!!!!

AKV

Love: animals, relaxed feel, dark decor, value room points

Dislike: restaurants (not a fan of African food)

HHI

Love: relaxed feel, large balcony with rockers, beautiful landscape

Dislike: slick couch, master bath layout

drusba said:
BWV
Best location and best view (boardwalk) on site
Worst bus system in the universe.

OMG - this is SO TRUE! Just got back from a 2 week stay at BWV. Busses are HORRIBLE.

BWV is my 1st home resort (joined in 2000) and I will always love it....but next time I stay there I'm renting a car!

My other home resorts

Hilton Head Island.....love the beach house BUT hate that we've only been here 5 times in 13 years

Saratoga Springs - love the beautiful grounds, the quiet pool at Congress Park, the short walk to DTD.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - love everything about it! Great restaurants, pools, animals (of course).

Bay Lake Tower - The location is good...but not worth using extra points to stay here.

AKV--love the theme, animals, CMs, CL, low point value rooms. Hate--everyone saying how "far" it is from everything. It's next to AK and so easy to hop a bus to anywhere from there!

Interesting to hear everyone hating on the bus service at BWV. This is the resort I've most wanted to try--until we took a bus there from MK last year. The bussing is RIDICULOUS with the amount of resorts that share. It was a deal breaker for me and I will probably never stay there now :(

AKV--love the theme, animals, CMs, CL, low point value rooms. Hate--everyone saying how "far" it is from everything. It's next to AK and so easy to hop a bus to anywhere from there!

Interesting to hear everyone hating on the bus service at BWV. This is the resort I've most wanted to try--until we took a bus there from MK last year. The bussing is RIDICULOUS with the amount of resorts that share. It was a deal breaker for me and I will probably never stay there now :(

WOW! It boggles me that so many resorts share a bus to and from the parks.

Right now we are booked at AKV Kidani in June and we waitlisted BWV... Now hearing the horror stories about the bussing, I am so torn what to do if a studio opens up at BWV. One of the main reasons I wanted to stay at BWV was b/c of the close proximity to HS and Epcot, but now I'm just so confused on what to do.

Own at two:

BCV- Love the location - close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios
- Dislike - lack of view from balcony - how run down it's getting
AKV - Love - Everything...literally, Dh and I both love this resort - the decor,
the food, the cm's, the laid back feel (Kidani), the animals.

SSR: Love proximity to DTD and pools. Hate the bus system.

AKV: Love that part of it is in Jambo house. It is just absolutely breathtaking. The amount of research that it must have taken to create it, the authenticity, the craftsmanship. I feel like I am so blessed to be staying inside an architectural genius' vision and the work of so many supremely talented people from so many walks of life when I am there. It is a fully realized work of art down to the smallest details. Don't love the long hallways.

I know it probably sounds crazy, but in seven years of ownership we have never stayed at our home resort of SSR. It looks beautiful, but we have chosen to stay at VWL (twice), BWV, BCV, OKW, and BLT. There were things I loved about each of those resorts, with BWV being my favorite. I was not a fan of the bus system at OKW, and assumed SSR would have similar issues. Regardless, we hope to try it one day!

If you are like me, there are things that you adore, and things that you would change about your home resort. Lets hear 1 from the love column and 1 from the highly dislike column.

Ill go first:

BLT, love the morning walk to the MK. Hate the minimal amenities at the TOTWL.

Next batter!!!
BLT: overall convenience but hate having to continually go to the Contemporary for things.

AKV/AKL - Love the animal views, Hate that AKV has no counter service restaurant

Question for BWV owners as many dislikes are related to the bus system. Our only WDW experience is SSR. How does the bus system compare?

Question for BWV owners as many dislikes are related to the bus system. Our only WDW experience is SSR. How does the bus system compare?

I guess that it would take a stopwatch to answer this with complete accuracy. But it never seemed to me that the extra stop from BW to Swan/Dolphin before going to MK takes any longer than all of the internal stops at SSR or OKW. But I guess that it would depend on whether you board the bus at the first, middle or last stops at SSR and OKW. And I will admit that the MK buses I have taken at BWV have only stopped at Swan/Dolphin and not Beach/Yacht and the buses have always gone to BW first on the return trip from MK. The routes must be dependent on season, although I have stayed at BW every month except July, August and September. One advantage SSR has is taking buses to other resorts because you can walk to the DTD bus stop and go from there to other resorts.

My home resort is VWL...

What I love:
- theming
-boat to MK

What I dislike:
- the pool is too small & gets really crowded

I don't know if the pool gets guests from fort wilderness or what, but we were there in the summertime and literally could not move in the pool without bumping into someone. For that reason we prefer to stay at SSR in warmer months.

We own at Aulani. Love the resort, absolutely nothing negative to say about it. Best thing in my opinion was sitting on my balcony overlooking the pools at 7am every morning when the morning chant began on the speakers. Made sure to be out there each time. We never wanted to leave the resort in the 7 nights we stayed, but forced ourselves to do some touristy things.

Only negative is that you have to fly to get there...I am not fond of airplanes.

Home Resort:Boardwalk Villas

Love:
being so close to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios
being close to Beach Club Villas and Beaches
theme of the resort
Boardwalk Bakery
Pizza Window
Hot Dog Cart on boardwalk
a great run/walk path

Dislike:
there is no place to grab a quick snack or food (like Beach Club Marketplace)
Big River Grille (never had a good meal)
only 1 elevator

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter