Take the DIS WISH challenge here

Count me in!!! I would like to lose 30 pounds by my trip in November.
I have a gym membership that I haven't used!! :guilty:
I need to step up and do this already. :thumbsup2
Good luck to all!!

Welcome Tolookaa5

I also need to lose 30 lbs. and planning a trip to WDW sometime this fall. Good luck to you

Welcome Mariposa

I can relate. Ice cream is my weakness and everyone loves sitting on their bum, but from the looks of these boards, weve found some support.

We can do it.

Dyerneeds said:
We can do it.
Why YES, Yes, you can!!! :cheer2:

Welcome to all our newbies! :wave: :welcome: Onward and Downward! Best WISHes for success! :thumbsup2

Normally this thread is just that, newbies making the pledge, but once in a while a fellow WISHer ;) will drop in and say :wave: and :welcome: and generally just let you know we're here, and you CAN do it! :woohoo:

I couldn't have gotten where I've gotten, and stayed where I got, without this WISH board! :love: :grouphug:

Hi everyone! i have been around lurking for a few weeks, and finally registered.
We are taking our first trip to WDW in July. I am Sooooo excited.
I have about 25 lbs to lose, and hopefully will reach my goal before our trip!

Thanks for all the great info on these boards. :teeth:

I was SO lucky I found this today!!! It's Monday and I was planning to start dieting anyway!! Now I have Disney support, what better way to keep on track!! I will not be doing a formal or named diet, just eating less, making better choices and exercising more. I hope to lose 50lbs by December. Thanks for being here!!!!!!

Hey WISHers! I am starting on a trek to eat healthy. I have "signed up" with a lady who does nutritional counseling and motivation. I need motivation, so I was willing to pay someone to keep me on track! I went yesterday and was weighed, measured, photgraphed and analyzed (body fat). I got some supplements, water bottle and calorie counter. So today, I have done a great job. My goal is 1200 calories (unless I excercise) and 20 fat grams and at least 64 ounces of water. Well, I went a little over and had 1255 calories and 21.5 fat grams. But, I have already had over 128 ounces of water so I know I'll get this excess water weight off at least! I am planning to go walking when I finish dinner. Good luck to me and to everyone here!

Count me in for the WISH challenge. I am new to this forum, but ready to jump in.

Ideally, I would like to lose 40 lbs, but I would be happy with 30. We are going on the May 2007 Transatlantic Disney Cruise, and I want to be able to comfortably wear a bikini by then!

My plan is to drink at least 64 oz of water EVERY day and exercise (walk, jog or swim) for 1 hour at least 5x/week. I already eat reasonably well with balanced meals and moderate portions. I know I don't drink enough water, and I need to exercise. Also, if I have a snack, it is not generally a healthy one so I need to make better choices for my snacks.

I have never done any sort of formalized weightloss program. I have always managed to take off excess weight by watcfhing what I eat and stepping up the exercise. When my 3rd child was about a year old, I stepped it up and was running 3-5 miles a day. A year ago, I fell and broke my foot in two places (not running, just walking down the stairs!). This brought everything to a grinding halt! The healing process was slow. It is only in the last few months that I have been completely pain free. I have not exercised at all for the past year. I now weigh more than I ever have except when I was pregnant. The pounds have got to go! I hope the wonderfully friendly people at the DIS will give the motivation to get started and stick with it!

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

I want to lose 50 lbs. I am already planning a trip to WDW in Feb. 2007. I want to achieve this goal by my vacation. I am on this journey with a few of my co-workers and all of you guys so I hope to get lots of support from the boards!!! Good Luck to everyone including myself!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

How do I get a pounds lost ticker? I also tried to put on a clip are and couldn't because it said I hadn't posted enough. How long will it be before I can do all of this? I am ready to jump in full force and learn alot!!!! :cheer2:

I'm joining in! I need to lose 25lbs., but my first goal is 10 lbs by my trip starting the end of May. I've been changing some of my bad habits over the past 3 weeks, but I am restarting Weight Watchers today. I'm hoping to find the support I need here, since I never was comfortable going to weekly meetings and paying to weigh in. I'm familiar enough with the program to go through the process (Once upon a time I reached Lifetime staus...)

Good luck to everyone else!

I have come to the decision that I need to lose weight. I have tried so many times before only to fail. I have been sick recently with bronchitis so no exercising for me. Before that I was working 60 hours a week- too tired to do anything. I come to the realization that things happen beyond our control. Last year when we to Disney I was so out of shape that the walking really put a toll on me. We have exactly 5 months before our next trip. I would like to lose at least 30 pounds and be able to walk at least 5 miles a day. I have been going back to exercise, starting this week. I go to a local Ladies Workout Express. I went to Curves last year and after awhile of going I couldn't lose anymore. Ladies Workout Express is like Curves but more intense. The machines there are altered between low, medium, and high resistance on certain days. I believe that Curves stay at one workout level. On my non- workout days I am trying to squeeze a walk in between. I would like to get up to that 5 miles a day walking. I have started back to drinking my water and trying to stay away from the snacks. I have also began to eat more fruits and veggies. I feel really bad about the way I have let myself go. I look at last year's disney pictures and I look so big!!!!!!!

Today is my first day for eating healthier. I am starting weight watchers and I know it will be a struggle but I need to eat better. My problem is that I hate eating food...good food....I don't cook so it's just so easy to grab something quick. I am determined to eat better :goodvibes

My goal is to lose 20 lbs....

I'm in. I need to lose about 100 lbs. I realize this will take time, I am setting a small, medium and large goal. My large goal is 100 lbs. all together. My medium goal is 50 lbs. lost by the time we leave for our Dis. trip on Sept. 30, and my small goal is to lose 15 lbs. by May 30.
My plan of action is:
1. Some kind of exercise every day, walking on the tread mill, going to the gym, yard work, whatever as long as it makes me move.
2. NO MORE POP! This is a biggie for me. I love pop.
3. Portion control-I grew up being told to clean my plate, and I still do that today even when I am full. I'll still clean my plate, I will just put less on it.
4. No more eating after 7:00.
5. Drink water. I don't like it-but I am going to make myself start drinking it.
That's it. No "diet" for me, I just plan to start following these 5 simple rules. Wish me luck?!?

i'd like to join, too :)
i need to lose about 30 pounds, and i'm going to try doing a combination of WW and exercise. good luck to everyone!

sarah

I am at my highest weight other than being pregnant (and I am not pregnant :)). I need to start eating better and exercising.

I am a mom of 2, married and have a fulltime job and my mom is dealing with Cancer and is very dependent on me. I spend my evenings trying to relax by:

1. Watching TV
2. Looking on the Disboards
3. VMK - just found and very addicting (I am glad they kick you out at 10 pm)
4. Reading

I have never been real motivated to exercise. I have been through the WW program numerous times. The last time I paid and went and didn't follow the program.

I was recently diagnosed with Low Thyroid and now High Cholesterol.

Any motivation or suggestions would be great. Thanks for all your help in advance.

PS I will go add the wish clip art.

Thanks to the weight loss thread in the theme park forum I have found this. I would really love to lose 100 lbs. So far I've lost 20. We leave for our trip on June 1 and I would really love to lose 15 more before then. I have been drinking more water, and generally just watching my portion sizes, as well as exercising each day. Even if it is just a walk around the circle with my kids. Good luck to everyone here. This may even be better than a WW meeting. :grouphug:

I would love to lose 10 lbs by summer. I am a pretty active exerciser already and trained for and walked a half-marathon on April 1st. I need encouragement from others to eat better. I plan on drinking more water, cutting back on junk, and watching my portions. I will continue my current exercise routine (Latin Dance, Kickboxing, Walking,and Strength Training).

I would like to join. I have 100+ to lose. I weigh 270 now and am only 5'. I would like to lose as much as possible by October 2007. Is this realistic? I am going to join WW, and do the "Walking to Disney challenge" as well. My home is 1028.7 miles from All-Star Movies (Which is where I will stay next trip). My Family Lives in Tampa and is bribing me with a possible WDW trip if I can do this.... I need to...

Any Help is welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter