• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take the DIS WISH challenge here

YEA!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: I get to upgrade my clippie!!! Today is weigh-in and i'm down 10.6 pounds!! The exercise challenges are great motivators!! :cheer2:

All right, I lost 25 lbs. on WW 3 years ago and have managed to keep it all off :woohoo: . Now, my challenge is to add some activity to my life. I work full time and have 2 DS's (ages 4 & 6) that keep me very busy, and I don't have much time for exercise. DH and I are planning on doing the 2007 WDW 1/2 marathon.

Ok I have been posting on the WW weigh in thread for a couple weeks now. I have been doing WW since 1/12/06. I have lost 12.6 pounds. I am ready to join the DIS W.I.S.H. challenge. I want to be healthier for myself and my family.
We will be going to Disney World on the 18th of June and I want to be able to do the things my kids do. I am about 50 pounds over weight and get tired easily from any activity. I want to be able to keep up with them and know that I look and feel great. I know that I won't lose all of it by then, but I am trying to lose the majority of it. So count me in the challenge!!!

This is my second shot at weight loss in the past year. I am a 6 foot tall 40 year old male and weigh 236 lbs. I have been as heavy as 270 lbs. My goal is to be around 210 lbs by July 4. I began my diet 10 days ago at 239 lbs and am on my way to my goal. Two things I have changed about my eating and diet habits are to only weigh myself once a week on the same date and time. Plus I have stopped my after dinner desert eating. I have always eaten 'well' during the day( moderate calorie intake) but once the sun goes down my intake was as many calories as I have eaten all day !! Bad, bad, bad. Well so far so good 3 lbs lost in the past 10 days. Is 1.5 lbs a week realistic ??

Need a little accountability, so I'm taking the WISH Challenge.

Like many of you, I LOVE FOOD! If my TV is on, and it's not on the Disney Channel, it's on the Food Network. Not to say I'm a good cook :lmao: , but I do love to eat!

My goal is 16 pounds. Sounds wimpy by comparison to some earlier posts, but it's those last few that stick around! My clothes are too tight and I'm just refusing to buy new, larger ones. If my butt gets any bigger, it's going to need its own zip code!

Steps to achieve that goal:
1. More reasonable portion sizes. I can and will choose to eat less than a dinner plate mounded with food.
2. 4 times a week on the new elliptical sitting in my dining room, beginning at 20 minutes on level 1 and working my way to more minutes and higher resistance. Maybe more often.
3. More healthful choices when eating out. DH and I are beginning to split entrees and order extra salads or veggies.

My incentives:
1. At five pounds down, I'm buying the $69 jeans I want. A trusted girlfriend told me they made my butt look fabulous and I want the esteem boost. Five pounds to go!
2. DS5 needs to see his parents take both food intake and exercise seriously. Not that we won't have fun with it, but he needs to be brought up in an environment where we take care of ourselves and our bodies.
3. Oct 06 trip to WDW. The trip doesn't depend on my health program, but whether or not I can keep up with my by-then-almost-six-year-old does! The kid is a MACHINE!

Here's to my new support network on WISH! :thumbsup2

Dale-n-Chip

My husband and kids will be cruising in December. We want to lose a combined weight of 100 pounds. My goal is 40 and his is 60. We are following the weight watchers program. I already lost 5 and he lost 10. I will be coming here for support.

I want to join the WISH challenge as well. I need lots of help being motivated. Yesterday I went to the dr and found out I weighed 232 lbs - more than I weighed when my first child was born!!!!!!!! :eek:

My dr. basically told me that while I am healthy now, my immediate family members have all had heart problems and all had weight problems and it is now time for me to get serious. My children are young and I need to be able to keep up with them, and provide them with positive role models for eating. DH is not always supportive but after the talk with the dr -he is now going to try harder.

I love food, and a big part of planning our upcoming Oct. trip included all the places we would eat.

I want to join the WISH challenge, too. I really need the support and accountability. I want to lose about 25 pounds. My husband just started Body for Life so I will join him. Exercising is my biggest challenge. I guess I should start by putting down the computer and exercising now.

I'm glad I found the WISH challenge, I feel very motivated now!

I decided I needed to lose some more weight...again. With Wilderness Lodge coming up for me in 20 months, I have set a goal for myself of 3 lbs per month. I finally have a goal to achieve my weightloss for, and a realistic time frame to do it in. I want to be in great shape to enjoy Disney with my DH and 2 DD's, all of whom are slim and in great shape. Maybe I'll even put on a bathing suit instead of doing the laundry while they swim!

Seeing the W.I.S.H. stickies on so many posts has really inspired me!

Heidi

Yes, I saw the stickies and follow the trail. I have a goal of losing 15 lbs and to create a habit of regular exercise and more healthy eating. I travel every week so this is no small challenge. Here I go! Thanks!

I'm joining up! Strongly decided I want to do the half marathon in January with the goal of getting ready for the 10K at the food and wine as a warm up. I've got lots of weight to loose and am doing a better job running/walking then when I started.

Jumping in with both feet!
Dawn

Ok guys....I DESPERATELY need to lose weight. I've tried EVERYTHING from WW, LA weight loss, pills, richard simmions...you name it I've done it. I realize that the ONLY way I'm going to lose it and keep it off is by PROPER diet (not more "dieting" I'm totally changing my eating habits) and exercise. I would like to lose 60 lbs. I NEED ALL OF YOUR HELP!! Without encouragement I find that I fail...and quickly. Please HELP me reach my goal with your encouraging words. My Mom and Grandmother both have heart problems and diabetes (both overweight I might add). I don't want to travel down that road.

PM me (or leave responses here) with any recipies...suggestions...tips...whatever you can to help with my goal.

I'm also interested in all these cool sigs you guys have to show your weight loss. HOW do you get those on here?

Thanks guys!!! I need this!!!

OK, count me in. It is time for me to get in shape.

I am starting by eating better. I may start WW.

I am also starting exercising as well. No more elevators at work. I will take the steps as much as possible. I have started using the treadmill and plan on doing a minimum of 30 minutes a day. Once the weather gets a little warmer I am going to breakout the bike and start riding again.

I am trying to be able to do the ½ marathon with my DW. (Wish me luck!) If I am not able to do it in 2007 I will be there to cheer on her. Either way I will be in it in 2008.

My goal for weight loss is the lose 90 pounds.

Updates to come!

Sign me up too!

I've been doing WW for the past 2 weeks but what I lost the first week, I gained back the 2nd because I just wasn't caring and thinking clearly. So starting tomorrow I plan on really sticking to eating in my points range, not bingeing (a problem for me - I've self-diagnosed myself as having binge eating disorder), and working out in some form 45 minutes a day/5 days a week. My long term goal is to lose around 50 lbs but I'd like to be 20-25 lbs thinner for my birthday in May.

*Shannon

Count me in. my goal is to lose 15 more pounds. I was working out everyday for an hour and a half but I've been skipping alot of workouts lately. I am thinking that having a place to post my exersize for the day will help keep me on track.

I would like to join as well. I am not overweight and am in the range I should be, but I would like to still lose about 10 pounds. My goal is not only to lose some lbs but to tone and firm up, and start to eat healthy.

I was doing a great job at working out at the gym but got sick and haven't had the motivation to go back. My daily routine at the gym consisted of using the elliptical for 20 minutes, treadmill for 15 minutes, stair stepping machine for 10 minutes, and weight machines for 15 minutes for one day. Throughout the week I would alternate the stair master for riding the stationary bike. The areas I am really trying to work on are my thighs, arms, and stomach.

I have a cruise planned in September and would love to be at my goal by then. In the summertime I am hoping to do more rollerblading and purchase a bike for my SO and I. Any suggestions would be great on how to accomplish my goals. I need help with motivation.

This is it...I've been on and off the WISH bandwagon, and I have finally decided to get back on and STAY on! I've been making excuses as to why I can't start my weight management program -- busy at work, social events coming up, etc. Eventually I realized that there is NEVER a good time! I just need to do it, and allow a little (very little) flexibility for those times where I might not be able to stay within the guidelines, without beating myself up about it.

I started on Monday, March 6, and my goal is to lose 69.5 pounds. My target date to reach that goal is February 5, 2007.

Thanks for being such a supportive group of people! :grouphug:

Count me in. I need to lose about 40 pounds to get back into my healthy/comfortable range. I was doing pretty good on weight watchers (just did the points stuff, no meetings), but then had knee surgery and have not been able to get going on it again.

I want to lose those 40 pounds by our next trip to Disney (planned for Dec 4). I am swimming for an hour a couple of times a week and doing a LOT of walking. I also am eating more veggies and will try to get back on ww.

I need all the help I can get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter