Sure he has his Disney driver's license... a March 2016 Trip Report

Monday March 7: Shop Till We Drop (or get hungry for lunch)

I really hadn't planned a lot of time for shopping into this trip, but with the removal of the water park day, I figured strolling through DS shops would pass some time, and mostly be looking versus purchasing. Working in retail I am not inclined to spend lots of leisure time shopping, but Disney is different, and I do mainly like to just see what's out there. The guys typically don't like normal shopping but do enjoy going through stores at WDW. First up was Disney's Days of Christmas.
IMG_8827 - Copy.JPG

When we've gone in the fall we have purchased Christmas ornaments but didn't this trip. DH is still on the lookout for a Maleficent stocking for me, but I keep telling them they will never make one. Next we wandered through Wonderful World of Memories and into Art of Disney.IMG_8828 - Copy.JPG

This store, and the one at Epcot, are like a museum to us. We love looking at all the cool art work and imagining having a mansion with different Disney themed rooms and how we would decorate them, or if we won the lottery what we'd buy for certain family members and friends. Pin Traders was the next stop and of course we had to make our way around and look at everything. I decided on the Maleficent steampunk pin- like from the Festival of Fantasy parade. DS picked out one with Stitch as Kylo Ren. DH decided to wait in case he saw one somewhere else he wanted.
Once Upon a Toy was the following stop. A nice gentleman offered to take our picture when he saw me trying to take one of the guys.

IMG_8830 - Copy.JPG

This is such a fun store to look through DH and I couldn't help looking at all the little kids in there with their eyes lit up, remembering how our boys were like that. Even DS was pointing out kids getting excited about the toys. And then there's my big kid, who still plays with toys!
IMG_8831 - Copy.JPG

It's times like this we miss my brother. He's a big goof ball at heart too, and when him and DH are together it's hilarious.
When we were done playing around I looked around Tren-D while the guys just followed me, and they had to find their favorite Edna Mode mural on the wall. The Marketplace Co-op was new for us, and it had some cute little shops. In the kitchen store DH really liked the retro coasters ( and we needed some new coffee table ones anyway) so he got one for use each- Haunted Mansion for him, Jungle Cruise for DS, and 20,000 Leagues for me (perfect since my nickname is Syd the Squid, and I really miss that ride). As we were wandering through he somehow came upon the Pandora shop before I did and had two picked out for me to chose from- seriously, he spoils me! I told him he didn't have to get either one, and I liked them both, so he had to chose which one he liked best. His choice- he got them both! SO sweet! One is purple with Mickey head (my favorite color and Feb. is my birthday) and the other is the beautiful blue 2016 one. I already had the heart with Mickey and Minnie, so once I got home I ended up purchasing a silver necklace to put just my Disney ones on and all my regular ones are still on my bracelet.
Once I made DH agree that I wasn't getting anything else on this trip, we hopped over to Arribas Brothers. This is another store that we love looking at and imagining what we'd buy. DS has always enjoyed watching the glass makers too.
IMG_8833 - Copy.JPG

We always seem to pick up something for someone as a gift at Basin when we're at WDW. This time we'd decided to pick out some stuff for our moms for Mother's Day. While DH and I were making our selections, DS said he was going over to World of Disney to look. By the time we'd made our purchases and met him over there, he had picked out an adorable Pooh with Piglet plush for his "friend." We looked around a bit more and then he went to pay. I love all the decorative elements in this store- it's fun for me to just explore those.

IMG_8834 - Copy.JPG

Our last shop to visit in the Marketplace was the Lego store.
IMG_8835 - Copy.JPG

DH and I both grew up playing with Legos, and the boys have like a million at our house. When they were younger they would always save birthday or Christmas money to get something from here. It was cool to see lots of other kids there getting excited the way they did. We loved all the sets they had built- from Ghostbusters to Simpsons to Star Wars (I personally want the Ewok village). All that shopping had built us up an appetite-

IMG_8841 - Copy.JPG

maybe not as big as his, but we figured we'd better start scoping out somewhere to eat. We had dinner plans for 7:15 and it was already about 1:30. I hadn't really picked anywhere out and thought we'd just see what we felt like. S we started off towards The Landing.

DH is still on the lookout for a Maleficent stocking for me, but I keep telling them they will never make one.
Good luck with that. although this past christmas I feel like I saw one at our local Hobby Lobby.

he somehow came upon the Pandora shop before I did and had two picked out for me to chose from- seriously, he spoils me!
:lovestruc

! I told him he didn't have to get either one, and I liked them both, so he had to chose which one he liked best. His choice- he got them both!
What a keeper! :thumbsup2

As we were wandering through he somehow came upon the Pandora shop before I did and had two picked out for me to chose from- seriously, he spoils me! I told him he didn't have to get either one, and I liked them both, so he had to chose which one he liked best. His choice- he got them both! SO sweet! One is purple with Mickey head (my favorite color and Feb. is my birthday) and the other is the beautiful blue 2016 one. I already had the heart with Mickey and Minnie, so once I got home I ended up purchasing a silver necklace to put just my Disney ones on and all my regular ones are still on my bracelet.

By the time we'd made our purchases and met him over there, he had picked out an adorable Pooh with Piglet plush for his "friend."

DH and I both grew up playing with Legos, and the boys have like a million at our house. When they were younger they would always save birthday or Christmas money to get something from here. It was cool to see lots of other kids there getting excited the way they did. We loved all the sets they had built- from

[/QUOTE]

First of all, nice update! It sounds like the missed waterpark day ended up being a nice leisurely outing for you all.
Your hubby is definitely a true gentleman and a keeper! Sweet how he decided to buy both beads for you.

It is also sweet how your son went a bought a gift for a "friend". This reminds me of when I was last at Disney and I was shopping with my son who was also buying a gift for a "friend". They are still friends today, though just friends.

AHH! The Lego store! My kids and I spent FOREVER in there! My son was around 8 at the time of our first visit there and he just had a blast picking out all the individual bricks to fill a large cup. It was amazing how much time and thought he put into selecting just the pieces he wanted. Thanks for the memories.

Good luck with that. although this past christmas I feel like I saw one at our local Hobby Lobby.

Really? They just opened a Hobby Lobby by us, so I'll make sure I check this year.

It is also sweet how your son went a bought a gift for a "friend". This reminds me of when I was last at Disney and I was shopping with my son who was also buying a gift for a "friend". They are still friends today, though just friends.
He's funny about that, because I can tell when he doesn't want us to make a big deal about something, and he never mentioned before that he would be looking for something for her. She is a really sweet girl, but her parents won't let her have a boyfriend or go on dates till she's 16. Smart parents, right? I am perfectly fine with them not growing up too quick!

Monday March 7: Lunch at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar

With no plans for lunch we had just wandered into The Landing area of Disney Springs. I thought maybe something would hit us in the moment. Passing Fulton's Crab House, DH commented that it must be mainly seafood (which he's not a fan of, though he'll always find something to eat at a seafood restaurant), and I said yes, we glanced at the menu outside at Portobello's but nothing struck our fancy at the time, and same with the Boathouse. When they saw Jock Lindsey's both DH and DS were intrigued and asked "What's that place?"
IMG_8842 - Copy.JPG

I told them it was new and was based on the character from Indiana Jones (which they are both fans of like me) and that it was more of a lounge. I'll be honest, when I first saw this place was opening I really wanted to go, but couldn't figure out how it would fit in our plans, so had kind of forgotten about it. We peeked inside and could see it wasn't busy at all, but there was no menu posted. I pulled up the MDE app on my phone and looked at the food choices. We all thought it would be a good choice for a quick lunch and proceeded in, where the hostess said we could pick where to sit. We chose a corner booth type table that was nice and cozy and gave a good view of everything.

IMG_8847 - Copy.JPG

The menu of appetizers/snacks and drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are based on different regions the namesake pilot has traveled to and is very creative and clever- we had to read through everything because it was so entertaining. DH and I are not really drinkers, and he and DS just wanted water with lime to drink but I wanted to order something "special." I chose the Diving Bell- a lemonade and watermelon mix with a lemon-lime foamy topping. It was extremely tasty and refreshing- not too sweet and not too sour.
IMG_8852 - Copy.JPG

Our waitress was very friendly and engaging and got our orders right in. While waiting for the food I took the opportunity to snap some pictures.
IMG_8846 - Copy.JPG

There is so much to look at in here and we had fun pointing out stuff to each other. There were only like three guests at the bar the whole time we were there, which was at like 1:30, but I imagine it gets busier at night. The bartender was also very engaging with her customers.

IMG_8845 - Copy.JPG

All the seating is cool too. If someone hadn't been sitting in these seats when we arrived, we would have chosen this spot.
IMG_8854 - Copy.JPG

I went outside to see that there is a boat attached that goes over the water and even more seating- some tables, some lounge type areas. It would be a great place for a group to meet up and just hang out in the evening, and while we were there in the afternoon there were some families with kids there too.
IMG_8857 - Copy.JPG

It wasn't long at all before our food arrived. The guys both ordered Lao Che's Revenge- spicy Asian flavored wings.
IMG_8858 - Copy.JPG

We were surprised at how many came with this order and they were very plump, juicy, and with a delicious sauce (yes, I had to try the sauce). They could hardly finish them, but they said they were so good they had to!

IMG_8860 - Copy.JPG

I thought it was funny DS was wearing his Pac-Man shirt, which he chose because he knew we were going to DQ later, because the Nom, Nom, Nom on it was quite appropriate!
I ordered the Tanis Tacos. The falafels inside were probably some of the closest I've tasted to the ones we used to get when I lived in Saudi Arabia as a kid- wonderfully seasoned and crispy outside yet soft inside. The dressing on top was the perfect compliment. I loved them!

IMG_8859 - Copy.JPG

Even though there is a limited menu here, the atmosphere and great assortment of drinks would make Jock Lindsey's a fabulous place for a small meal or to meet up with friends and family. I can see us stopping in here on future trips when we don't feel like a big meal and just want to sit back and relax.

What a sweetie your husband is :goodvibes

It sounds as though you had a lovely time at the Hangar Bar, I haven't heard hardly anything about it so it's good to hear it's nice!

The Hangar Bar looks like a great place to hang out. I really loved the theme. Cool photo of the Bessie Coleman Flying Banner. FYI - Bessie Coleman was the first licensed African-American female pilot in United States. She actually had to go to France to earn her license since no flight school in the U.S. would accept her. She was a stunt pilot that died tragically when prepping for a air show. She was in her early twenties at the time.

Sorry for the history lesson, but I am an eighth grade history teacher and I do a lesson on Bessie Coleman for my students as part of our Roaring Twenties unit. Most people know Amelia Earhart but many have not heard about Bessie. I just think it is cool that Disney choose to add the Bessie banner.

The Hangar Bar looks like a great place to hang out. I really loved the theme. Cool photo of the Bessie Coleman Flying Banner. FYI - Bessie Coleman was the first licensed African-American female pilot in United States. She actually had to go to France to earn her license since no flight school in the U.S. would accept her. She was a stunt pilot that died tragically when prepping for a air show. She was in her early twenties at the time.

Sorry for the history lesson, but I am an eighth grade history teacher and I do a lesson on Bessie Coleman for my students as part of our Roaring Twenties unit. Most people know Amelia Earhart but many have not heard about Bessie. I just think it is cool that Disney choose to add the Bessie banner.

This is cool, I'm glad you posted this! I do know a lot about Amelia Earhart and they have a whole section on her at the Air & Space Museum in DC. My boys spent a lot of time reading about there there and looking at the memorabilia they had related to her. But I don't think I've ever heard of Bessie Coleman and if I have I don't remember. I enjoyed your history lesson :teacher:

This is cool, I'm glad you posted this! I do know a lot about Amelia Earhart and they have a whole section on her at the Air & Space Museum in DC. My boys spent a lot of time reading about there there and looking at the memorabilia they had related to her. But I don't think I've ever heard of Bessie Coleman and if I have I don't remember. I enjoyed your history lesson :teacher:

Thanks! Disney really does a nice job with adding little authentic touches in its scenes and scenery. One of the reasons I love Disney so much!

Subscribing! Great report so far =)

Thank you! I hope you keep reading and enjoying!

Thank you for sharing that! I didn't know- I'll have to be sure to tell DH and DS, they'll think that's cool too. I do love those extra Disney touches. There are so many that people don't even notice and I'm glad you gave us a special one.

Monday March 7: Killin' Time (and aliens, mummies, giant spiders...)

After lunch we continued through The Landing and onto the West Side of Disney Springs. We popped in to the Star Wars Galactic Outpost store but it didn't have a lot of unique stuff, and we figured we would wait to see what they had at DHS. We looked through the Super Hero store too but nothing caught our eyes.There aren't really any other places we look in on this side of the complex, but DH did go right for The Candy Cauldron!
IMG_8861 - Copy.JPG

We haven't been since they took the chunk out of this store to make the other two, so it seemed really small. We went to the counter to each pick out a flavor of fudge, and the CM told DH that if you buy 5 pieces, the 6th is free. Well when you put it that way- ok, we'll each pick out two flavors! They boxed those right up, DH also grabbed a bag of Goofy gummy candy, and we were on our way to Disney Quest.

Once inside we played a few favorites, then DH and I discovered this tank game that takes your picture before you start and you get to pick what head gear you get animated with. That alone had us rolling laughing!
IMG_8862 - Copy.JPG

There were different ways you could play but we chose to team up to defeat the levels, which included giant spiders, sea monsters, and aliens. We got DS to join us and each time we finished we'd want to play again- to see if we could get farther, and partially because we wanted to make sillier characters!

IMG_8864 - Copy.JPG

We took a snack break up on the 4th floor in the seating area for Food Quest. There was hardly anyone there- just a few parents who looked like they were waiting on their kids.
IMG_8865 - Copy.JPG

We each just ate about half a piece of fudge. That stuff is delicious but so rich! The flavors we got were peanut butter, rocky road, two with nuts, regular chocolate, and cookies & cream. We ended up bring the gummies back home with us (but they were gone within a week).

Since we were already on the floor with sports games we enjoyed some of those.
IMG_8868 - Copy.JPG

Then we went up to the 5th floor to play some "old school" games. It's funny to me that with all the new technology old games can be just as entertaining.
IMG_8870 - Copy.JPG

The pirates were calling us again and since we had time we played Battle for Buccaneer Gold again. We got a new high score for us too!
IMG_8871 - Copy.JPG

There were a few more games on this level we hadn't played yet and the guys really liked this mummy one they found. I played it a few times but was horrible at it. It reminded me of that movie "The Mummy" and the "guns" it used looked like Egyptian artifacts. Of course the guys had to be goof balls when I tried to take pictures of them playing.
IMG_8873 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8872 - Copy.JPG

Ugh, what am I gonna do with them?

We figured we needed to leave DQ by 6:15 to give ourselves time to get back to the bus stop and catch a bus to our dinner destination. Walking back through Disney Springs we noticed it was getting a bit more crowded. Some street musicians were staring to play as the sun was setting and it was beautiful.
IMG_8874 - Copy.JPG

I was definitely glad we chose the day time to do our shopping though because it afforded us more of a leisurely pace without the hustle and bustle of the evening crowds. We got to the bus stops, waited less than 10 minutes, and were on our way to Coronado Springs Resort.

Monday March 7: Dinner at Maya Grill

Although we have stayed at Coronado Springs Resort twice and visited on other occasions, we have never eaten at Maya Grill. When I looked at the menu in the past there were some odd choices that I didn't think would appeal to me or my family. For this trip I was pleasantly surprised that the newest menu included choices I thought we'd like and eagerly booked an adr for 7:15. This was supposed to be our water park day, but it still worked out well to go for dinner after Disney Springs.After we got off the bus DS scooted ahead of us since he knew where he was going.
IMG_8878 - Copy.JPG

We really do love this resort- so calm and gorgeous. We had to stop for a quick photo op.
IMG_8879 - Copy.JPG

Once we made it to the restaurant check-in podium the CM checked us in and said they would call us when the table was ready. Glancing in I saw a bunch of empty tables and there weren't many other guests waiting, but I thought no big deal. We ended up waiting 10 minutes past our adr time even though we were early.
IMG_8880 - Copy.JPG

We still thought this wasn't really an issue since we had no plans after dinner. We were taken to a section where there were about 10 tables, but only one other table of four was occupied and also a table for two. We looked over the menu and decided what we wanted- still no server. After waiting about 15 minutes total a hurried CM showed up, asked if we'd been served, apologized that she didn't know we were in her section- but she hadn't checked on the other diners in that section since we'd been there either- and took our drink orders. We told her we were ready to place our food orders too so she took those as well.
The restaurant was nice and quiet, with high ceilings, interesting décor, and different sections that looked like they could accommodate larger parties like convention groups or smaller families like ours. In fact, as we were waiting for our dinner, the staff set up a large table in the room next to us and a group of about 20 from a convention group were seated. They were talking loudly but it didn't really disrupt the quiet in our section.

IMG_8881 - Copy.JPG

We waited at least five minutes for our waitress to bring our waters, and then another five for her to bring the complimentary "chips" and butter and chimichurri sauce.
IMG_8882 - Copy.JPG

DH had ordered guacamole as an appetizer for us all to share, but it was no where to be found. We waited for what seemed like forever with no sign of our waitress to refill our drinks or ask about the guacamole. Finally after 20 minutes from when she brought our chips (I was actually timing at this point) another CM came with our meals, and she appeared a minute later after they had finished. When DH asked about the guacamole she said she would bring it out and it would be complimentary. Ok, that was nice. Then she rushed to get us more water and had that back out with the guacamole about two minutes later. It ended up being very tasty and would have been nice to enjoy while waiting for our entrees.

DH and DS both ordered the Signature Fajita Skillet. You can pick from chicken or steak but they both chose steak.
IMG_8883 - Copy.JPG

They said the flavors were great and everything about the dish was perfect except the tortillas- they were tiny! When we got eat anywhere and get fajitas they almost always come with three tortillas in a regular size. These were the size of mini tacos. They made and ate those and were going to ask our waitress for a few more but she was again no where to be found. They ended up just mixing the meat in with the rice and other sides to finish off the dinner.

IMG_8886 - Copy.JPG

I had the three mini tacos- I can't remember the name now. Is anyone noticing a theme with me? DS said when I ordered "Mom, this is the third time you've ordered tacos!" They ended up being delicious! There was one
beef, one chicken, and one pork. Each had their own unique flavor and toppings that complimented them, but all included the melt in your mouth cheese. Even though they were mini tacos they definitely filled me up!

IMG_8885 - Copy.JPG

Our waitress appeared after we were finished eating and I immediately asked for the check. The guys were going to use the restroom so I told them I'd meet them outside. Little did I know it would be another 15 minutes because our waitress took a while to get the check, then as soon as she got back to the table she realized she didn't remove the guacamole from the tab (at this point I would have just paid for it but she rushed back off again) and then took a while to get back with the right check, and even longer to ring up the check on our gift cards. I did leave a tip, but lower than I normally would have.

Overall we felt the experience was disappointing. While the atmosphere was nice and the food tasted excellent, the service was lacking and it didn't even seem busy. There were plenty of empty tables that never even got filled in the hour and a half we were there. When we arrived I heard the CM at the podium telling three ladies that it would be an hour wait. There were also lots of diners waiting when we left too, but lots of empty tables. I wonder if they were just understaffed that night or if it's like that all the time? I could not see us making a special trip to CSR to eat at the Maya Grill again. For the price there are plenty of other table service options.

When I did finally settle the bill I met up with the guys in the gift shop. DS had found his little buddy. I have some funny pictures of both DS's with him, so I had to take another one.
IMG_8887 - Copy.JPG

We got on a bus back to Disney Springs and then took another bus back to POFQ. Those two bus rides seemed to take less time than waiting for our meals. We just relaxed in our room for a while before going to bed.

Glancing in I saw a bunch of empty tables and there weren't many other guests waiting, but I thought no big deal. We ended up waiting 10 minutes past our adr time even though we were early.
:sad2:
Overall we felt the experience was disappointing. While the atmosphere was nice and the food tasted excellent, the service was lacking and it didn't even seem busy. There were plenty of empty tables that never even got filled in the hour and a half we were there. When we arrived I heard the CM at the podium telling three ladies that it would be an hour wait. There were also lots of diners waiting when we left too, but lots of empty tables. I wonder if they were just understaffed that night or if it's like that all the time? I could not see us making a special trip to CSR to eat at the Maya Grill again. For the price there are plenty of other table service options.
YOu have more patience than I would have had. I would have been tempted to walk out.

Tuesday March 8: Where's my hot breakfast?

We woke up at a reasonable time this morning, got ready, and headed to the bus stop at POFQ.

IMG_8888 - Copy.JPG

We arrived at Epcot for our first Flower and Garden Festival and were greeted by a beautiful topiary featuring Daisy Duck!
IMG_8889 - Copy.JPG

We had to get a couple shots of the Epcot icon before we headed farther into the park.
IMG_8890 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8891 - Copy.JPG

DH found the other part of the Fresh Food, Fun, & Flowers topiary with Donald, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. They were so cute!
IMG_8892 - Copy.JPG

Originally we had fp+ for Figment at 9:05am, but I didn't know if we'd get there on time so I changed it that morning while the guys were getting ready to 4:55pm. That meant our first fp+ wasn't till 10:05 so we had time for breakfast and maybe something else. I had in our plans to eat a quick breakfast so we headed in to the one place to get that in this park.
IMG_8894 - Copy.JPG

As we were heading downstairs I noticed that the seating area was surprisingly bare compared to what it normally is. Then when we walked towards the counters there were only a few people getting food. As we got closer to
IMG_8896 - Copy.JPG

I realized there was no food in the usual serving areas- what!?! Did we miss breakfast? I asked a CM behind one of the counters about breakfast and they said there were only grab and go options. "What about the breakfast plates?" I asked, probably sounding desperate. "Oh, we stopped serving those a couple weeks ago." was the response I got. Really?!? All the planning I did and I didn't think to go back and check menus to make sure they didn't take away serving a cs meal altogether! I was so disappointed and so were the guys, because we knew we'd be snacking all day and wanted a decent breakfast. DS and I settled for blueberry muffins and DH got a chocolate croissant.
IMG_8895 - Copy.JPG

We pouted while we ate and decided that we'd just have to start our sampling of food booths earlier than expected.

I can't believe how long you had to wait for different things at Maya Grill. That is just poor service. It sounds as if they were really lacking on staff if they told people who walked up it would be an hour wait for a table and there were so many empty tables. That is just poor management and what seems like a true lack of staff.

I think I might have pushed to have part of the cost of the meal reduced.

I'm impressed that with your sons ankle you still were able to keep the trip a surprise.

I can't believe how long you had to wait for different things at Maya Grill. That is just poor service. It sounds as if they were really lacking on staff if they told people who walked up it would be an hour wait for a table and there were so many empty tables. That is just poor management and what seems like a true lack of staff.

I think I might have pushed to have part of the cost of the meal reduced.

Yea, I thought about that later, but honestly I think we just wanted to eat and be done. Like I said, the food was delicious, and our server was really nice, it was just SO slow! I think if I would have asked for a manager I might have had to wait another hour!

I'm impressed that with your sons ankle you still were able to keep the trip a surprise.

Me too! Believe me, DH and I almost got caught talking about it by him multiple times in that last week and a half! I'm glad we were able to pull it off.

Tuesday March 8: Fun in Future World

After our disappointing breakfast, if you can call it that, we figured since we were already in The Land pavilion we'd re-start our day by taking a ride on Living with the Land. There was literally no wait- the sign said 0 minutes- so we got DS's scooter to the front and transferred into a boat. I later thought that it was a funny coincidence that this was our first F&G festival, and this was the first ride of the trip. I love looking at all the things they grow and wondering if we could make them work in our garden. I had to take a picture of this for our priest, who is from Nigeria.
IMG_8899 - Copy.JPG

These just made me think of Spring- so beautiful and happy! My grumpy mood was definitely improving.
IMG_8903 - Copy.JPG

DS got so excited about seeing these! They are in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the hottest pepper and they're grown right here in South Carolina.
IMG_8904 - Copy.JPG

It's always neat to see CM's actually working in the greenhouses. The ways they grow things without soil is amazing.
IMG_8906 - Copy.JPG
There were some guests taking the Behind the Seeds Tour and more F&GF exhibits.

It was just about time for our first fp of the day so we headed to the east side. We only had to wait a few minutes before we could get in line for our 10:05 ride. This is one of our favorite attractions at Epcot since we all love cars, the design portion makes it even better, and the ride itself is a blast.
IMG_8909 - Copy.JPG

We didn't know how we'd be divided up because of how the CM was lining us up but DS wanted to design a car with me and DH did another one. Then we were loaded in and got to ride test our vehicles. DS and I's car won the first two tests and DH's won the second two. Thankfully I remembered to clip my hair up before this, but afterwards it was completely down and everywhere! I do love the speed though. We rushed off to see which car won overall. It was close, but DS and I won!
IMG_8914 - Copy.JPG

DS was psyched since they had his favorite Chevy out- and exactly how he'd like it to look. He was wearing the Corvette shirt his brother got him for Christmas too.
IMG_8915 - Copy.JPG
There was a Chevy representative there giving out free Tomorrowland pins if you filled out a contact form. DH filled one out to get it since they already have our info. from when he co-signed for DS's car he bought last year. Yipee for free stuff!

Next on our East Side visit was Ellen's Energy Adventure. I know, it's dated, but we always think it's funny in a corny way, plus it's relaxing.
IMG_8919 - Copy.JPG
We always seem to get lucky at this attraction and walk up right when a show is about to start. This time again- 2 minutes till show time! We went in to the waiting room and were about to sit down when we heard a CM telling another group of guests not to sit. Seriously? It's not like they'd get trampled or something, and the lights were still on. Oh well, the pre-show started soon enough and then we made our way into the ride loading area. There was hardly anyone there and groups were all getting their own rows. The CM in there was super sweet. She asked if DS could transfer out of his ECV and then was talking to him about his injury. She gave him some Mickey stickers "to put on your cast" and a little plastic dinosaur. I'm sure she usually gives them to younger kids, but it made DS's day.

Our second fp+ was for Spaceship Earth at 11:40. When we got to the line the CM told us there was an accessible entrance on the side of the building and someone would let us know where to go from there.
IMG_8925 - Copy.JPG

Once we got inside there were about three other groups that had someone in each with an ECV. The CM there seemed kind of clueless and just told us to park the scooter and then she'd tell us when to load. We had to wait at least ten minutes and I think she may have forgotten what order she was taking each group but we finally got to ride. I love the history of this ride. At the end we did our usual silly faces to make our postcard, but when we got off we couldn't get our to come up so we could email it to ourselves. Several other guests seemed to be having trouble too, but it was ok for us- we weren't going to worry about it.

Before we left Future World for the morning we had to stop at Club Cool to sample some Coke from around the World- except the Beverly! I didn't think the pineapple Fanta was so international- we get it here at our local grocery stores. My favs were the ones from Zimbabwe and Peru. DH liked the one from Thailand and DS the one from Brazil.
IMG_8928 - Copy.JPG
Our stomachs were rumbling for some food by this time, so I grabbed my passport and pre-made list out to determine which food kiosks we'd try first!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter