Sure he has his Disney driver's license... a March 2016 Trip Report

Saturday March 12: Back to the Magic

Once we got on the bus to MK from AK it was a fairly quick ride over. Here I go again with the unintentional clock pictures- looks like it was about 5:35 when we made it through the bag check line.

IMG_0073 - Copy.JPG

We decided that the first thing we needed to do was take a train ride since we hadn't on the other MK day. We boarded on at the Main St. station that was just about to leave.

IMG_0074 - Copy.JPG

There weren't too many passengers waiting at the Frontierland station and I managed to snap a shot of DS's favorite thing on Big Thunder Mt.

IMG_0075 - Copy.JPG

There were a lot of tired looking families in line to board the train at the Fantasyland station, so much so that not all of them made it on the train. We rode around the final leg and got off at Main St.

IMG_0080 - Copy.JPG

Then we walked towards the castle and took a right on to Tomorrowland. Our destination was the ride that was shut down on our visit a few days before- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

IMG_0082 - Copy.JPG

The wait time was listed at 30 minutes which didn't seem bad so we hopped in line. The line was stretched outside the building and around the corner to the side. Once we got in line though it seemed like it wasn't moving. Then it backed up behind us out of the actual chained off area and out to the center area where the TTA line is! People kept getting in the fp+ line and than line was moving but we were just standing around barely inching forward every five minutes or so. I checked the wait time on my phone and it was steadily going up till it was at an hour by the time we got to the doors to go in the building! Once inside we could see better that the fp+ line was moving while ours was clearly not. It ended up being and hour and 15 minutes from the time we got in line till when we boarded our vehicles.

IMG_0083 - Copy.JPG

Buzz's facial expression in this picture pretty much sums up how I felt at that point. But honestly that's probably the longest line we waited in the whole trip. It was a fun ride as always, but the guys beat me again.

By this time we were ready for dinner- and it was dark out. We walked into Fantasyland and stopped at Pinocchio Village Haus.

IMG_0085 - Copy.JPG

The lines weren't too bad but there was a large group of students with vouchers. The CM that greeted us at the door ushered us over to the right into a line and said DH and DS to grab a seat while I ordered. The food came up quick and they had found seats in a nice quiet corner.

DH and I got Cokes to drink but DS just wanted water. He also didn't go with the traditional pizza and got the 8 piece chicken nuggets and fries like he did the night before. He said they were just as fresh and tasty.

IMG_0087 - Copy.JPG

DH got the pepperoni flatbread. He was surprised how good it tasted and said the seasoning was nice and liked it better than the normal greasy fast food pizza you get.

IMG_0088 - Copy.JPG

I ordered the Caprese flatbread and was also surprised how great it tasted- very fresh but also filling. The cheese was perfectly melted and I normally don't like large amounts of tomatoes but these were wonderful. The flavor combinations made it a perfect choice for me.

IMG_0089 - Copy.JPG

Older DS's girlfriend just happened to be at WDW during the same time. Her neighbor that she used to babysit for had to come to Orlando for work and asked her to take her daughter to the parks for those three days- so she jumped at the chance! They had been at DHS during the day but were also planning to be at MK for the evening. We had been texting back and forth and they had also been to Pinocchio's for dinner earlier. DS's gf had ordered the Caprese flatbread as well and loved it just as much as I had. So that's two thumbs up for it!

How cool that your son's girlfriend got to go to WDW. I would definitely have jumped at that job offer!

Saturday March 12: Final round of fun

After dinner we headed to the other ride we had missed on our previous MK day- Winnie the Pooh. The wait time was about 20 minutes stand-by so not too bad. One annoying thing that kept happening was that people were letting their kids just run ahead and weren't watching them. It's ok in the area that is open where they can still be near the parents, but once you get to the line where there are the bars that they can push the little bees around- not so cool. There were kids in line around us with their parents trying to play with them and then other kids running back and forth through the lines, pushing people, with parents nowhere in sight. DS had to tuck his cast leg and they still were almost running into it- just annoying.

Just as we were about to get on older DS's girlfriend found us- they had been on Big Thunder and had walked over to wait outside the line for us. We took our tour through the Hundred Acre Woods.

IMG_0091 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0099 - Copy.JPG

We said good-bye to Pooh and friends and met up with the girls. Everyone agreed it would be a great time for the Haunted Mansion. There was a 15 minute wait listed but we walked right on through and probably didn't even wait 5 minutes. Lots of people were waiting for the MSEP so that's probably why the lines were short. We had a fun spooky ride, the girls got to see the "secret entrance" as we were calling it, and when we came out the CM assisting with the ECV was nice enough to snap a shot of us.

IMG_0106 - Copy.JPG

The girls were planning to stay really late but the three of us felt like we'd done everything we wanted for our trip. Of course, we had to follow tradition and end by riding PotC one last time. On the way over to Adventureland we did get caught up by the tail end of the parade so we watched while walking around on the bridge walkway.

IMG_0109 - Copy.JPG

We walked right through the non-existent line and were boarding our pirate ship in no time- I didn't even have time to snap a good picture.

IMG_0111 - Copy.JPG

I could have ridden many more times, but we decided to call it a night. The girls were off to use their fp+ for Splash Mt. so we had them get one last picture of us.

IMG_0116 - Copy.JPG

DS hopped on his ECV and we made our way leisurely out of the park. I will say I enjoy leaving a park when not rushed and when everyone else isn't. We got some last glimpses of the castle and the magic of Main St.

IMG_0119 - Copy.JPG

According to this again unintentional clock shot it was a little after 10:00. We said good-bye to the Magic Kingdom and another wonderful vacation.

IMG_0121 - Copy.JPG

There was about a 10 minute wait for a bus heading back to POFQ and it ended up being only half full. After a quick ride back to the resort we got to our room and crashed for the night.

Not sure how I missed your updates all month! Even though my boys are older I'm going to look for the Lion Guard stuff at AK when we all go in Nov. They'll laugh at me but I'll make them do it, and once they do they'll get a kick out of it :)

When DH and I went in January we ate at Pinocchio's for the first time in years and I got the caprese flatbread. LOVED it! DH just had a Caesar salad but he enjoyed that too, and now we have 2 CS we enjoy in MK (CHH being the other).

That's awesome you met up with DS's girlfriend. When DH and I go in a few weeks 2 of the teachers from younger DS's school will be there that I'm friends with. We won't hang out since we won't have our boys with us, but we're planning just to meet up quick for a picture because we think it'll be neat that we're there at the same time lol.

Friday March 11: Star Wars Meet and Greets

After our creepy meeting it wasn't even 11:00 yet. We were looking around the rest of the Launch Bay and DH had the camera taking pictures of all the costumes and weapons. I think we ended up with like 6 different shots of Han's blaster! All of a sudden this little guy approached DS's scooter and started looking it over and touching everything on it. I was so enamored and then annoyed with myself because I forgot to bring something to trade. We got a good laugh out of the Jawa trying to "talk" to DS like he wanted to trade something for his ECV!
View attachment 166899
Just found this today. I had to laugh at the Jawa picture. We have a funny memory of them from when DS was 5. I was walking in front of both my DS and DH and looking at the map. DS was in between us and DH was bringing up the rear. Suddenly, I'm being scaled by DS. I turned around and DH was laughing uncontrollably. I asked him what happened and he pointed to a Jawa. I asked what happened again and he said the Jawa tapped him on the shoulder and that was all it took to send DS running for mom. LOL!! That's probably one of our favorite memories of that trip. We lived in Florida at the time and every time we went into Star Wars land DS would look around and cling to me. Expecting a Jawa to come out at any second. I think it took him a few years to recover from that one. The only regret I have is that DH didn't get it on video. LOL!!

Loving your trip report so far.

One more thing. I totally agree with you on the teens not giving up their seats. DS has done that ever since he was rather little. Though at the time he would sit on my lap, now he stands and lets others sit. I don't even have to remind him now. People don't teach their kids enough respect these days....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter