Stuff Aussies like

Vegemite is so gross! (And so is Marmite for that matter!)
I have never eaten crocodile, I have this "I won't eat you, you won't eat me" policy

Have to be in the mood to eat Vegemite, certainly not something you can eat all the time, we tried Marmite in London, was horrible, was really salty.

I have tried crocodile, taste like fish. Is nice but you couldn't really tell it wasn't fish.

Have to be in the mood to eat Vegemite, certainly not something you can eat all the time, we tried Marmite in London, was horrible, was really salty.

I have tried crocodile, taste like fish. Is nice but you couldn't really tell it wasn't fish.

There is no mood available for me to eat the vile stuff.

I can't even get it on my hands, just urgh..

Love Merimbula, such a beautiful place, visit it often. About 4 hours south of me.

That's so cool! I hardly ever come across people who know it. I spent a few years growing up there and have family there still. When my sister, brothers, and I were younger we used to love going to Magic Mountain. It didn't have the same feel the last time we went lol. Funny how things you remember as the best ever don't live up to expectations when you get to revisit them..

My response to your posts is increasingly :scared1: . I want the warm & fuzzy Australia. :rotfl: FTR, I have a sister who has literally traveled the world. She says her Australia & New Zealand trip was probably her favorite anywhere. You're scaring me though. :scared: :p
Edited version of last nights post. :rolleyes1 I really need to work on my proofreading skills, when under the influence of wine. :o

So maybe I can have one question answered. I'm thinking of going to see the movie Suicide Squad, which is coming out next month. It's basically an antihero movie where a group of convicts are offered clemency for participating in dangerous black ops missions.

I guess one of the bad guys turned good guys is some stereotype of the deranged Aussie, played by Jai Courtney. He explained his character as a "bogan", which I looked up and still don't understand.

I take it that this is a massive stereotype, and people like this don't really exist?

This is of course a massive hoax. Not that koalas won't scratch, bite, and claw, but they're not crazed killing machines. However, it's not wise to get too close, like this Chinese tourist did.

So maybe I can have one question answered. I'm thinking of going to see the movie Suicide Squad, which is coming out next month. It's basically an antihero movie where a group of convicts are offered clemency for participating in dangerous black ops missions.

I guess one of the bad guys turned good guys is some stereotype of the deranged Aussie, played by Jai Courtney. He explained his character as a "bogan", which I looked up and still don't understand.

I take it that this is a massive stereotype, and people like this don't really exist?

Oh, they (bogans) exist for sure.

Bogan

A fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.
Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).
The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.
Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.
Herein lies an interesting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

Ahhhh. The wonders of nature.
Chris Franklin, Eric Bana as "Poita" on Fast Forward, most of Campbelltown.

by Brad June 04, 2004 Urban Dictionary.

This is of course a massive hoax. Not that koalas won't scratch, bite, and claw, but they're not crazed killing machines. However, it's not wise to get too close, like this Chinese tourist did.

Koala's (not bears) are definitely cute and wont both you if you don't bother them. My kids are lucky enough to see them in the school yard on a weekly basis and we get the odd one in our back yard from time to time. One held up school traffic the other night as we had to wait for it to move from the middle of the road to a tree.

Koala's (not bears) are definitely cute and wont both you if you don't bother them. My kids are lucky enough to see them in the school yard on a weekly basis and we get the odd one in our back yard from time to time. One held up school traffic the other night as we had to wait for it to move from the middle of the road to a tree.

These were tourists - specifically mainland Chinese tourists. China has surpassed the US as the leading provider of "ugly tourists" who engage in bad behavior, although there's still plenty of bad behavior from American tourists. I did find more video like that with tourists from around the world, but that was the first that showed up and one with a really nasty bite mark.

As with many wild animals, crowding wild animals isn't necessarily that great an idea. In the United States we have one place that seems to attract the most people who do this, including those from around the world - Yellowstone. You want a place in the United States where basically anything will try to kill you if given the chance, that's Yellowstone. There are infamous pictures/video of people who crowded grizzly bears with cubs to take pictures, and managed to survive because mama bear didn't quite feel like ripping out someone's throat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter