• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stuff Aussies like

That is the reputation and many of them may have ancestors but this report done back in 2014 shows out of 1133 All Blacks only 32 have been born in Fiji, Samoa, Tonga or Western Samoa. And for most of those if not all they will have lived in NZ since they were children.

I was thinking of any Polynesian ancestry, and born anywhere. I was including those with Maori ancestry.

boats_on_goulburn_weir_near_kirwans_bridge.jpg

Boating in wine country?

Because that would make me so happy. . .

Last edited:
I tried Vegemite just to say I did...it wasn't the worst thing ever but I definitely preferred lamingtons and timtams. In true tourist fashion I also tried kangaroo and crocodile.

I tried Vegemite just to say I did...it wasn't the worst thing ever but I definitely preferred lamingtons and timtams. In true tourist fashion I also tried kangaroo and crocodile.

I had Vegemite for the first time on a train. The dining car attendant made this bicep pose and said "It makes you strong!" It came in single serve peel top packets like jelly. He also gave me some extra to take home. When we got back to the US I tried explaining that I had "yeast extract" when I declared any food items at Customs. When I showed what it was (Oh, Vegemite) it was no problem.

It's definitely an acquired taste. It tastes really yeasty with a bit of spice thrown in too. I only eat it on toast, I don't eat it on sandwiches. If I hadn't grown up eating it there's no way in hell I'd eat it now LOL

sorry @jevs, I couldn't resist...

;)

But, could you have found a bigger picture of the vile stuff - it didn't quite cover my entire screen :D

NO - that is not a challenge!

(Currently not coming to my birthday party :P )

;)

But, could you have found a bigger picture of the vile stuff - it didn't quite cover my entire screen :D

NO - that is not a challenge!

(Currently not coming to my birthday party :P )

A peace offering..

image.jpeg

boats_on_goulburn_weir_near_kirwans_bridge.jpg

Boating in wine country?

Because that would make me so happy. . .

That looks like Nagambie. Could also be Eildon. Lots of lakes and stuff about. Goulburn river is treacherous though, bad idea to swim in it.

That looks like Nagambie. Could also be Eildon. Lots of lakes and stuff about. Goulburn river is treacherous though, bad idea to swim in it.

It's Nagambie. . . I just thought it looked cool and then I saw it was in 'wine country' so I thought you might be familiar with it.

;)

:D

I'll take your minties and give you......

dscf1406.jpg

I'll trade you everything I own for a few packs of these..

Every time I would visit my Nana I would bring home a few packs and she always sent me some for Christmas. It's been ages since I had some and I miss them so much lol

image.jpeg

6a00d8341bfe5353ef010537222d44970b-320wi

We love our Koalas and our Firies.

As do we in California. Two were stolen from the San Francisco Zoo by clowns who thought they would make a good pets for their girlfriends. The perps were found with scratch marks.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Home-Safe-Stolen-koala-caper-ends-with-arrest-2688939.php

However, we could do without eucalyptus. Someone thought they'd adapt well to the climate, which they did. Now they're everywhere but they're unstable with shallow roots and have fallen over and killed people. They drop leaves and that thin bark everywhere. Then there's the tendency to explode when a tree catches on fire. The Oakland/Berkeley Hills fire of 1991 was made worse because of a popularity of shake shingle roof materials, and the large numbers of eucalyptus trees in the area.

As do we in California. Two were stolen from the San Francisco Zoo by clowns who thought they would make a good pets for their girlfriends. The perps were found with scratch marks.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Home-Safe-Stolen-koala-caper-ends-with-arrest-2688939.php

However, we could do without eucalyptus. Someone thought they'd adapt well to the climate, which they did. Now they're everywhere but they're unstable with shallow roots and have fallen over and killed people. They drop leaves and that thin bark everywhere. Then there's the tendency to explode when a tree catches on fire. The Oakland/Berkeley Hills fire of 1991 was made worse because of a popularity of shake shingle roof materials, and the large numbers of eucalyptus trees in the area.

Holy wow! What were they thinking!?

Yes, well, everything from Australia will attempt to kill you given the chance :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter