• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strollers on disney buses?

Unless they could rig up something like they have on buses at ski resorts where there are specially designed racks on the outside of the back of the bus...you could argue the weather issue, but I don't see that it would be significantly different than leaving your stroller in stroller parking in the rain.
Depending on how it was designed you might actually be able to accommodate both more strollers and more passengers on the bus.

Then after multiple stops you discover someone took you stroller. Disney would not want to be responible for them.

Denise in MI

Then after multiple stops you discover someone took you stroller. Disney would not want to be responible for them.

Denise in MI

I don't see that's any different than someone walking off with your stroller from stroller parking (which seems to happen at an alarming rate from what I've heard)....Disney would not be responsible for them, the owner would be - don't want to take that chance? Don't bring a stroller or rent one....

Sorry if I was misunderstood. I mentioned that stroller bashing threads had been started in the past, and it wasn't fair to lump the baddies in with those of us that take pains to be as courteous as possible. What matters the most is that everyone has a great time on their vacation, regardless of other people's actions.

Has anyone used the snap and go frame strollers with the infant car seat carrier? We planning on going in October 2012 and will have a 6 month old. I'm still debating on which type of stroller to bring. The snap and go frame is very small but the infant seat does take up some room. Any ideas?

Has anyone used the snap and go frame strollers with the infant car seat carrier? We planning on going in October 2012 and will have a 6 month old. I'm still debating on which type of stroller to bring. The snap and go frame is very small but the infant seat does take up some room. Any ideas?
I've seen a few of those on the buses, and they seem to work well. The baby doesn't need to be woken up, and the carrier can be held on your lap.

What if there are no seats? Is there an easy way to hold the carrier while you're standing, and still hold on to a handrail on the bus? Of course, if you're the easy-going type, you can usually wait for a bus with available seats.

Oh, and congratulations!

No, any stroller can be designated as being used in place of a wheelchair. It will be treated just like a wheelchair: loaded at the back door and strapped down in the wheelchair space. If it's occupied, the child will also need to wear the seatbelt, unless they are already strapped into the stroller.

This is totally wrong. Strollers are not ment to be used tied down unless designed for it. An accident can cause it to collapse and cause injury to the passenger in it and around it.
You may have a point, but that's Disney's policy. I don't whether it's mandated by ADA, or just intended to minimize guest conflict.

5) If the bus looks like it's going to be full, don't expect to board and have someone give up their seats so that your prince(ss) can sit down. While it would be nice if everyone gave up seats for children/pregnant women/the elderly, they were there before you and have every right to the seat they are occupying.

They do, but it's still an ****** thing to do. Sorry, but a able bodied man should have no issues giving up his seat under those circumstances.

Like! Like! Like!

Threads like these made me nervous about using the buses on our trip. We've always used them before with no problems (just DH and me). This time I'm going for the double whammy....big stroller and I'll be pregnant. :eek: I've decided that I'm not going to let all the angry people get me down. We are going to use the buses and I'm not going to let anyone make me feel bad about it.

Darlin if I see you, I'll give you my seat and help you with your stroller - it's the least I can do to repay it being done for my wife and myself.

Reading these boards sometimes you think Disney should just ban the little rugrats altogether.

To those reading this and other threads, realize that most people are not selfish and aren't going to have an issue with you provided you are liekwise courteous in return.

You may have a point, but that's Disney's policy. I don't whether it's mandated by ADA, or just intended to minimize guest conflict.

Actually any stroller may be designated as a wheelchair, but that does NOT mean it gets tied down. Only approved special needs strollers are allowed to be tied down (WC-19 approved, or something like that).

Other than those specific special needs strollers, strollers as wheelchairs can be loaded by the back door, just like wheelchairs, but after that the child must be removed from the stroller for safety reasons. Strollers are not strong enough to be tied down and stay upright and stable in the event of a crash.

I'm always huper sensative to bothering anyone. I hate walking down that skinny isle in the airplane where I invariably nudge someone w/ my luggage or rear end. :guilty: I'm also, just not the most coorinated of people. :rolleyes: Handling my youngest (has autism and doesn't follow most directions nor speaks) as well as bags of shopping "loot" and a stroller...too much for me. :laundy: DH helps of course, but he only has 2 hands as well. So I alleviate those fears by just plan renting a car. I'm always happier. I don't know how long we'll have to use the stroller for my autistic son since it's vital for him and thusly, I'll always have to endure the stink-eyes from people who think he's too old for the stroller. SO, it's a car for us.

Iv'e never used one on a bus but my SIL borrowed one to us when we had our youngest and I LOVED IT! MUCH more managable than a regular stroller that you use the carriers with. I'd go for that if you can. :thumbsup2

Be courteous, be efficient and remember you aren't any more special than everyone else at Disney.

And this applies to the monorail also, No I won't get off and wait for the next one so you don't have to fold your huge double stroller, as was asked of me on the last trip.

Hey, at least the guy asked you. I got on the monorail one time last year and it was pretty much standing room only. At the next stop, some people got off, but it was still very crowded, some guy walked up to the open door and said, "Some of you need to step off and wait for the next monorail. I have a stroller that needs to go in here". This jerk just expected several of us to accommodate him and his little snowflake.:rotfl::mad:

I was at WDW last week (Sept 10th-18th). On my last night, I was walking out of the park in the mass exodus and some lady behind me kept ramming into me. I finally turned around and told her to back off. She angrily told me to move it then. I motioned to all the people around us and asked her exactly where she expected to me to move since we were all squished in there together and everyone was trying to get out of the park. There was no room to move anywhere. Everyone was moving at a snail's pace. She said, 'well move then and I'll get through. Strollers get priority". To protect my ankles and heels, I finally stood sideways so she could squeeze past me and she immediately started ramming the people in front of us, again demanding to be let through. This lady was definitely using that stroller as a battering ram. Of course, when I got to the bus stop, the line was humongous at that time of night. When I got to the front and saw the bus was standing room only, I stepped aside to wait for the next bus as did two other families. We were the first ones on the next bus, but as the bus filled, one of the last families squeezing on was a family with a huge double stroller and two kids. Instead of waiting for the next bus, like we did, they immediately started looking around for someone to give them a seat. Finally the man sitting next to me (who had waited for the next bus, like I did in order to get a seat) got up and offered his seat to the mom and two kids. The dad then looked at me and said 'here, hold this please' and handed me his stroller. He did say please, but didn't even bother to ask before dropping his mega stroller on me.:mad: I know there are alot of polite stroller families out there who are cautious and well mannered, but there are also the other kind. Needless to say I was not impressed with the stroller people I met that particular night though.:rotfl:

Reading these boards sometimes you think Disney should just ban the little rugrats altogether.

To those reading this and other threads, realize that most people are not selfish and aren't going to have an issue with you provided you are liekwise courteous in return.

Read the post before mine. These are the people we have trouble with, not the families who behave like good people. Unfortunately there are quite a few people out there who think because they have childen they get to behave like total jerks.:sad2:

I don't see that's any different than someone walking off with your stroller from stroller parking (which seems to happen at an alarming rate from what I've heard)....Disney would not be responsible for them, the owner would be - don't want to take that chance? Don't bring a stroller or rent one....

You are able to lock your stroller in the parks in such a manner that they are not going to be stolen.

As far as Disney not being responsible, please! Disney may not be technically responsible, but that wouldn't stop people from throwing huge fits, and possibly holding up the bus, if they thought they could gain something from doing so. "Mr Bus Driver, I know you have 2 other stops to make. But look at the mark your stroller holder left on my $500 stroller. I demand you get someone here now who can compensate me, and I refuse to let the bus move until you do so!"

Disney does not have to change what they do. People need to change how they behave.

As far as Disney not being responsible, please! Disney may not be technically responsible, but that wouldn't stop people from throwing huge fits, and possibly holding up the bus, if they thought they could gain something from doing so. "Mr Bus Driver, I know you have 2 other stops to make. But look at the mark your stroller holder left on my $500 stroller. I demand you get someone here now who can compensate me, and I refuse to let the bus move until you do so!"

Disney does not have to change what they do. People need to change how they behave.

How is this even an argument? Don't bring your $500 stroller. No one, including Disney, is responsible for the choices a guest makes or their behavior except for the guest themselves. Evidently personal responsibility just isn't 'the thing' right now....:sad2:

I love the snap n go for shorter trips. It's so conveniant! But - I wouldn't use it for something like Disney.

It's not good for babies to spend extended periods of time in the car seat. Plus, the seat is HOT compared to just a regular stroller. So personally, I'd bring a different stroller, but not because of the bus!

Yes, you may take them on the buses (single, double, or larger). Like PP said, they have to be folded and you have to hand-carry them. If I may offer some advice

1) Please have your stroller folded before the bus arrives. When you see the bus coming, that's a good time to fold it. Don't wait until you're standing in the doorway, swearing under your breath

2) Please realize there are other people on the bus. Your stroller doesn't get to take up 3 seats by itself.

3) Please be mindful of other people as you walk by- my kneecaps thank you in advance

4) Don't just leave your stroller at the front and go sit down, hoping that someone will hold it for you. Your trip is not more important than anyone else's.

5) If the bus looks like it's going to be full, don't expect to board and have someone give up their seats so that your prince(ss) can sit down. While it would be nice if everyone gave up seats for children/pregnant women/the elderly, they were there before you and have every right to the seat they are occupying.

We just got back on Thursday - had our DD1 in tow...and I have to say, every time we got on a crowded bus, someone always (not that I expected it) offered a seat - and it was always a gentleman. so, whomever you were, thanks...I gratefully appreciate it. :worship:

and...we always had DD out of the stroller and ready to board when we saw the bus approaching...that's just common courtesy.

The thing that drives me crazy is that no one can ask a stroller question without being given a lecture on stroller etiquette. For every person who uses the stroller as a battering ram, doesn't fold it up before the bus comes, and takes up valuable bus space with the stroller, I bet there is also someone who stops in the middle of a crowded walkway (and may get run into), walks into the middle of walkway before looking to see if someone is coming (again getting run into), places packages or backpacks on empty seats, or who takes up space by not moving to the back of the bus when standing. It doesn't take a stroller to be an idiot in the parks.

I am going to assume that if someone comes along and posts a question about strollers on Disney buses, that they probably do, in fact, a bit of policy teaching. I'm not in any way saying they are stupid, rude or whatever. But, my reasoning tells me that if they have no idea what strollers on buses policy is, they can probably benefit from some tips as to how to best ride the bus with that stroller.

I don't the vast majority of posters here have said anything negative about the vast majority of stroller using bus riders. We have all had a less than stellar experience in the past, so figured that we might be able to give some tips on how to avoid being 'that' stroller using parent that everyone is going to glower at and make snide comments about. Just trying to be helpful. Sorry if that is translated into being mean or lecturing.

Completely understand the questions and concerns here. We, personally, haven't ever encountered rude stroller people on the buses. All have been quite courteous. The advice given here is sound.

Now.....at the park I sure have been rammed with some not so courteous people w/ double strollers before and it took everything I had not to say something. And it was no accident, they wanted to plow through everyone. I'm a mother w/ 3 daughters so I KNOW you can be courteous to others and can politely get through crowds :).

How is this even an argument? Don't bring your $500 stroller. No one, including Disney, is responsible for the choices a guest makes or their behavior except for the guest themselves. Evidently personal responsibility just isn't 'the thing' right now....:sad2:

It may seem silly to you, but some people do bring pretty expensive strollers to WDW. And they have the right to. I don't need a stroller, but even if I used a cheaper stroller I'm not sure I would want it strapped to the front of a bus, or somewhere other people could grab it and go. If people were forced to relinquish strollers for a trip to the parks, you can bet they would be held accountable by a guest if theirs happened to be damaged. If you force a guest to give up an item to theirs and place it in your care, you dang well better be responsible for what happens to it.

I totally believe in personal responsibility. And if you bring a larger stroller onto a bus, you are responsible to make sure it doesn't smack someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter