Strollers on disney buses?

motogp

Mouseketeer
Are you allowed to bring your strollers on the buses for transportation to and from the MK? Double strollers?

Are you allowed to bring your strollers on the buses for transportation to and from the MK? Double strollers?

You can take stroller on the bus, but they have to be empty and folded. You will have to hold on to them, they don't go under the bus.

Yes, you may take them on the buses (single, double, or larger). Like PP said, they have to be folded and you have to hand-carry them. If I may offer some advice

1) Please have your stroller folded before the bus arrives. When you see the bus coming, that's a good time to fold it. Don't wait until you're standing in the doorway, swearing under your breath

2) Please realize there are other people on the bus. Your stroller doesn't get to take up 3 seats by itself.

3) Please be mindful of other people as you walk by- my kneecaps thank you in advance

4) Don't just leave your stroller at the front and go sit down, hoping that someone will hold it for you. Your trip is not more important than anyone else's.

5) If the bus looks like it's going to be full, don't expect to board and have someone give up their seats so that your prince(ss) can sit down. While it would be nice if everyone gave up seats for children/pregnant women/the elderly, they were there before you and have every right to the seat they are occupying.

As someone who as "graduated" to a double stroller let me offer you my advice... Taxi. It's faster, easier and you don't upset people who seem to want to be upset. We have a baby jogger double and getting it on and off the bus is just too hard and stress full. If we can't walk or monorail we budget for the cab ride.

As someone who as "graduated" to a double stroller let me offer you my advice... Taxi. It's faster, easier and you don't upset people who seem to want to be upset. We have a baby jogger double and getting it on and off the bus is just too hard and stress full. If we can't walk or monorail we budget for the cab ride.

I'd also suggest a rental car. Yes, it means you'll have to take the tram to the parking lot (if it is a far walk to your car) but so much more flexibility.

We have a double stroller that we plan to take on the buses but it does fold pretty small. It shouldn't be a problem as long as you're courteous of others. I invested in a super-sized diaper bag to hold all our stuff so that the stroller can remain empty and quickly folded down for transportation. You definitely won't be the only one with a stroller on the bus and I'm not sure why anyone would get angry about it.

We took a double, and we were fine. But I was VERY aware of all of the above posters suggestions. Folding it up before the bus arrives (as soon as we got to the bus stop), watching that it didn't hit anyone, and not giving it a seat of it's own. Our's was actually compact enough that it slid under the seats so that is what we normally did with it. I don't see a reason to pay extra for a taxi or a rental car and parking... unless it is Christmas or spring break or some other crazy busy time with packed buses at all tiems. Disney was made for families and strollers are just a part of the territory. Just be considerate, and it won't be a problem.

We take our double on the bus. It's a hassle sometimes when the bus is full, but I found the best spot is to be towards the back side doors.

I seconds the advice on having it folded up before the bus stops. Make sure you have everything out of the basket underneath and drinks out of the cup holder :P

We will be traveling with a double stroller for our 2 trips next year. I am dreading having to deal with that thing, but its just a way of life with little ones. Hoping for some empty busses :wizard: :rotfl2:

what about medical strollers. My dd is 9 and will be getting her medical stroller in November and we'll have it for our trip in March. I know its going to be bigger than a double stroller...I'm very nervous to have to travel with it. It will only be me and my 3 dd's..so no dh to help.

what about medical strollers. My dd is 9 and will be getting her medical stroller in November and we'll have it for our trip in March. I know its going to be bigger than a double stroller...I'm very nervous to have to travel with it. It will only be me and my 3 dd's..so no dh to help.

It'll be allowed, no issue

It'll be allowed, no issue

This may or may not be true. If the medical stroller is approved for travel and has tiedowns, you may be able to wheel it onto the bus.

To the PP you may want to post on the Disabilities board. If you know the stroller you are getting, you should be able to get some real life experience from the people on the disabilities board.

This may or may not be true. If the medical stroller is approved for travel and has tiedowns, you may be able to wheel it onto the bus.

To the PP you may want to post on the Disabilities board. If you know the stroller you are getting, you should be able to get some real life experience from the people on the disabilities board.

Thanks...I forgot about that section. I will check it out when the time gets closer.

Yes, you may take them on the buses (single, double, or larger). Like PP said, they have to be folded and you have to hand-carry them. If I may offer some advice

1) Please have your stroller folded before the bus arrives. When you see the bus coming, that's a good time to fold it. Don't wait until you're standing in the doorway, swearing under your breath

2) Please realize there are other people on the bus. Your stroller doesn't get to take up 3 seats by itself.

3) Please be mindful of other people as you walk by- my kneecaps thank you in advance

4) Don't just leave your stroller at the front and go sit down, hoping that
someone will hold it for you. Your trip is not more important than anyone else's.

5) If the bus looks like it's going to be full, don't expect to board and have someone give up their seats so that your prince(ss) can sit down. While it would be nice if everyone gave up seats for children/pregnant women/the elderly, they were there before you and have every right to the seat they are occupying.

Good advice! :thumbsup2 I especially like #5.

Well, the STROLLER will be allowed on the bus no matter what. It's just a matter of if it is DOT approved and has tie-downs that would allow them to keep it unfolded and used as a seat.

We take our double on the bus. It's a hassle sometimes when the bus is full, but I found the best spot is to be towards the back side doors.

I seconds the advice on having it folded up before the bus stops. Make sure you have everything out of the basket underneath and drinks out of the cup holder :P
It's important to be aware that the back side door seats are the ones that fold up to make a wheelchair spot, so if you are sitting there and that space is needed for a wheelchair or ECV, you will be asked to move.

::yes::

For those offended people that seem to want to be offended...let me ask you this. Let's say that you have spent a long day at MK and are on the way back to your resort with your double stroller which is approximately half the size of a Hummer. You are tired, you have folded it up to what is now the size of a Volkswagon Bug and everything is going along fine. The bus suddenly has to make an emergency stop because some idiot that wants to make sure he doesn't get behind a bus, cuts in front of you. Since you are tired you only have a light grip on that stroller and it breaks free and heads toward the front of the bus.

Now that you have that picture...imagine the damage that "wheeled" vehicle can do to a person sitting ahead of you, you know one of those people that are upset because it seems like they want to be upset.

Safety of all passengers is the focus, not on your individual desires to "have it your way". With that in mind...a taxi would be a safe and considerate alternative..and way more comfortable.

For those offended people that seem to want to be offended...let me ask you this. Let's say that you have spent a long day at MK and are on the way back to your resort with your double stroller which is approximately half the size of a Hummer. You are tired, you have folded it up to what is now the size of a Volkswagon Bug and everything is going along fine. The bus suddenly has to make an emergency stop because some idiot that wants to make sure he doesn't get behind a bus, cuts in front of you. Since you are tired you only have a light grip on that stroller and it breaks free and heads toward the front of the bus.

Now that you have that picture...imagine the damage that "wheeled" vehicle can do to a person sitting ahead of you, you know one of those people that are upset because it seems like they want to be upset.

Safety of all passengers is the focus, not on your individual desires to "have it your way". With that in mind...a taxi would be a safe and considerate alternative..and way more comfortable.
I have been on a Disney bus hundreds of times both with and without a stroller. I have never seen a stroller go flying, nevermind injure someone.

I have been on a Disney bus hundreds of times both with and without a stroller. I have never seen a stroller go flying, nevermind injure someone.
the large cut in my pants, and gash in my leg would argue with you (well not anymore was a while back) a parent lost their grip on a stroller at a stop and it decided to slash my leg

OK. Thanx for all the info and advice. What if you are traveling from the MK to the TTC after MNSSHP....are there even cabs available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter