Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report!

I love the picture of you and your hubby! I see that it says caverns. I love caves! Have any more pictures?

Thanks! I took some pictures inside the caves but haven't resized or uploaded them anywhere yet. I need to get an account with photobucket or something.

I love the Tom Sawyer Island trip report! That's one of my favorite places to chill out for a bit at MK. I used to always have a lemonade at Aunt Polly's but I guess that is closed now. Boo!

Just thought I would say hello and let you know I found your report. I will try to get caught up from where I was "left off". I'm very happy to "come to the dark side":banana:

Catching up again, Lisa!:goodvibes

We love Pecos Bills--YUM!!! The fixing bar is the best!!:thumbsup2 That's probably why it's always so busy and we have the hardest time finding a place to sit. Oh well....it's that good--so we'll be back.;)

Wow!!Beautiful pictures around your house!! All my flowers are pretty much gone, now I'm just waiting for all the leaves to fall so I can get them raked up. I have a few piles around the yard, the boys have had fun jumping in them this week.:)

We haven't explored Tom Sawyer's Island yet. I was hoping to last trip after seeing all the great pictures on Missy's TR, but we ran out of time. It looks like you had a lot of fun and what a nice way to escape the crowds in Frontierland.:thumbsup2

Great update. I love your yard and home pictures too. Now we need a picture of your house! I love the country life. I don't think I could ever go back and live in the city. Well I could, but wouldn't enjoy it as much!
I'm leaving in about 10 minutes to go on a field trip with Claire to the pumpkin patch and then a park. If I get some good pics I'll post them. The park should have some good color!

Great update! I love the photos from the inside of the Splash Mountain store- I never noticed any of those details before, either!

Love the updates. In over 20 visits to Disney, we have never done Tom Sawyer Island--not even when the kids were little. I have no idea why...we just never did it. :confused3

I'm realizing more and more how much Disney has to offer that I have not yet experienced! It's making me want to go back more and more. I MISS DISNEY!

So, in case you're wondering, I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island. But I think that is something my little guy would enjoy, so I'm going to check it out, when and if I ever make it back! It's killing me not knowing a return date at this point. So I am living vicariously through TR's until I know!

Can't wait to see your RNR pics, Lisa! :woohoo: I'm ready! I'm ready!

Whew, don't know how I got so far behind. I normally check these boards two or three (ok, five or six... or more) times a day from work. Guess I've just been too busy over the past few days :( Stupid bosses expecting me to actually earn my paycheck!

I love to see when characters have fun with the "kids" (since, we're all kids in Disney right?), it's just that extra touch that makes things Disney. We didn't get anything quite like that, although most of the ones we met were pretty good.

I don't know if I've even been to Pecos Bill's. The memories of where we ate when I was younger are clouded (and a lot has changed... like Crystal Palace for example), so I have no way of knowing. I did want to try it out when we were there this time, but it was not to be... In Feb though, I'll be sure to try it out since I get to do whatever I want.

Tom Sawyer's Island was always a fun place when I was little, although I was a bit scared of the barrel bridge. Of course, my brother (my elder of 5 years, who happens to be in Disney this week with my 3 year old nephew) always liked to jump on it as I was going across, I'm sure that didn't help things much either. I was also sad as the Riverboat was down for refurb the week I was there, that was something I was really looking forward too :(.

Great updates, Lisa!:thumbsup2 I am looking forward to Tom Sawyer's Island when we go next summer.

I'm glad your Mom is doing better, even though that nurse scared her about the stroke. Your property is beautiful, too.

It has taken me several days of reading to get caught up as a bad cold made its rounds through our house. Not much time to be on the DIS when you're nursing sick kids and husbands. To tell the truth, they are usually worse than the kids.

I also booked our trip with our friends this weekend cause I got a pin code email Friday night! Even though I asked them back in September, they still didn't know where they wanted to stay. I called them Saturday and basically said "I need a decision from you on where you want to stay" We were on the phone for 2 1/2 hours Saturday evening hashing out dates and where to stay. Right now, our friends are only coming down for 4 nights 6/4-6/8, but we will be arriving earlier. I was asking my DH for 8 or 9 nights since we only go every couple of years. Because it was near Memorial Day weekend, he said "Why don't we go down the Friday before, instead of Tuesday, and stay till they leave?" I jumped on that and called to make the reservations before he backed out of 11 nights at Wilderness Lodge!:banana: I gave him the total after I got off the phone and he didn't have a coronary, so it's a go! That is saying a lot, cause DH is a tightwad, but I love him:love:

Just thought I would say hello and let you know I found your report. I will try to get caught up from where I was "left off". I'm very happy to "come to the dark side":banana:

On behalf of Lisa (she will be eventually), I welcome you to the DIS :welcome:

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ginny

Great updates Lisa! I love the pics of Hunter in the mud! Again..he and Isaiah would have the best time together! :thumbsup2

Your property is beautiful..even though it isn't all prettied up for fall! I love all the flowers! I could do without all the birdhouses...cause those mean birds...but that's just me! :rotfl:

It was on my TR that you saw the fort! :thumbsup2 I'm so glad you found it this trip! My boys love to explore Tom Sawyer Island. I think it's an awesome place and gets overlooked too often!

I hear ya on the $2.25 soda issue. Considering you are at a theme park, sodas are going to be that price! It should be expected. And, honestly, that's cheaper than some festivals, carnivals, etc here at home. Oh well..hopefully she found the boy a glass of ice water..that's FREE!

Feel free to borrow my Children's Church lesson...it was a great one!

Yay..an afternoon at the pool! Can't wait to hear about it! popcorn::

:cool1: Hi BPATSMouse! I moved to the dark side last week. It's very chatty over here!

How much fun was that? My girls say "cop a squat" instead of 'pop'. I'm sure it is a regional thing

I can't cross that bridge. I close my eyes when we cross bridges anyway. Except when I drive of course. Then I just look straight at the center line and the car in front of me. They scare me. I'll never forget that tall thing going into New Orleans. EEK.

I've searched for sunglasses more than I care to say. When in Disney Andrew wanted a new pair so Mike helped him pick some out. He tried on many pair and finally chose some. After a bit Sheri looked at him and 'said what is wrong with your sunglasses?' The nose piece was missing. Knowing Andrew they were missing when he bought them. Silly boy. Austin got a new pair of Oakley's and Alex was wearing an old pair of Tim's identical to Austins. Once in a while he would switch them around. Aust caught right on. Silly boys. And we all know what happens to my sunglasses. I'm sticking with cheap ones from here on out.

Ginny

You know Lacey...she can't be "normal" and say the same thing as everybody else. She's got to be different.

I am with you on bridges. A year or so ago, Hunter was chosen for Honor choir and sang in Baton Rouge. When we were coming home, we took a different route and had to cross this huge bridge. It had those sides where you can see all the way down. I was driving and was almost sick to my stomach. I so wanted to close my eyes!

I try to stick with cheap sunglasses too. My head is too short & narrow so most sunglasses don't fit me well anyway.

I love the caves and tunnels on Tom Sawyer Island once when I was walking through the escape tunnel from the fort I said the the line Dead Men tell no tales from pirates, delivering it a little bit like it is in the ride.

Also didn't you post some where that you would post pictures of your son's sword collection?

I did say that I was going to post pictures of Hunter's swords didn't I. I was also supposed to post a picture of my pearl pendant. I am writing myself a note right now to take pictures tonight so I can post them.

Thanks! I took some pictures inside the caves but haven't resized or uploaded them anywhere yet. I need to get an account with photobucket or something.

I love the Tom Sawyer Island trip report! That's one of my favorite places to chill out for a bit at MK. I used to always have a lemonade at Aunt Polly's but I guess that is closed now. Boo!

Please post your pictures when you have time. I absolutely love touring caves.

We used to get snacks on the island too. Sadly, Aunt Polly's seems to be closed for good.

Oops, I forgot to say:
Lisa, I enjoyed your Tom Sawyer report. I always tell my husband that I would like to have a house on Tom Sawyer's Island.

HOWWWWWWDY! I am so glad you've decided to join in on the fun.

Catching up again, Lisa!:goodvibes

We love Pecos Bills--YUM!!! The fixing bar is the best!!:thumbsup2 That's probably why it's always so busy and we have the hardest time finding a place to sit. Oh well....it's that good--so we'll be back.;)

Wow!!Beautiful pictures around your house!! All my flowers are pretty much gone, now I'm just waiting for all the leaves to fall so I can get them raked up. I have a few piles around the yard, the boys have had fun jumping in them this week.:)

We haven't explored Tom Sawyer's Island yet. I was hoping to last trip after seeing all the great pictures on Missy's TR, but we ran out of time. It looks like you had a lot of fun and what a nice way to escape the crowds in Frontierland.:thumbsup2

Gotta have Peco Bill's at least once every trip. Just have to!

My flowers are still going strong. The leaves around here will start falling about the same time as they start turning. We have a pin oak in our backyard that sheds leaves like crazy. Hate hate hate raking those.

I think your two boys would love Tom Sawyer's Island. There are lots of trails and it really is a great way to leave the crowds behind.

Great update. I love your yard and home pictures too. Now we need a picture of your house! I love the country life. I don't think I could ever go back and live in the city. Well I could, but wouldn't enjoy it as much!
I'm leaving in about 10 minutes to go on a field trip with Claire to the pumpkin patch and then a park. If I get some good pics I'll post them. The park should have some good color!

I think I'll take a picture of our house so you guys can see it. We are pretty proud of it since we built it ourselves.

It only takes me about 15 minutes to get to town but yet we are far enough away from everything that it feels secluded.

I sure hope you get some good pics to share.

Great update! I love the photos from the inside of the Splash Mountain store- I never noticed any of those details before, either!

I know that I took more pictures of the inside of the store but that's about the time my camera started fading out on me again.:headache:

Love the updates. In over 20 visits to Disney, we have never done Tom Sawyer Island--not even when the kids were little. I have no idea why...we just never did it. :confused3

Don't feel bad 'cause it took us 10 trips to the Magic Kingdom before we ever made it over.

I'm realizing more and more how much Disney has to offer that I have not yet experienced! It's making me want to go back more and more. I MISS DISNEY!

So, in case you're wondering, I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island. But I think that is something my little guy would enjoy, so I'm going to check it out, when and if I ever make it back! It's killing me not knowing a return date at this point. So I am living vicariously through TR's until I know!

Can't wait to see your RNR pics, Lisa! :woohoo: I'm ready! I'm ready!

Do you think it'd do any good if all of us Disers ganged up on your hubby?

Whew, don't know how I got so far behind. I normally check these boards two or three (ok, five or six... or more) times a day from work. Guess I've just been too busy over the past few days :( Stupid bosses expecting me to actually earn my paycheck!

I love to see when characters have fun with the "kids" (since, we're all kids in Disney right?), it's just that extra touch that makes things Disney. We didn't get anything quite like that, although most of the ones we met were pretty good.

I don't know if I've even been to Pecos Bill's. The memories of where we ate when I was younger are clouded (and a lot has changed... like Crystal Palace for example), so I have no way of knowing. I did want to try it out when we were there this time, but it was not to be... In Feb though, I'll be sure to try it out since I get to do whatever I want.

Tom Sawyer's Island was always a fun place when I was little, although I was a bit scared of the barrel bridge. Of course, my brother (my elder of 5 years, who happens to be in Disney this week with my 3 year old nephew) always liked to jump on it as I was going across, I'm sure that didn't help things much either. I was also sad as the Riverboat was down for refurb the week I was there, that was something I was really looking forward too :(.

You really do need to put Pecos Bill's on your list of counter service restaurants. They have some really good food.

Both Lacey and Hunter jumped on the bridge once the people in front of us got off. They just couldn't resist.

Great updates, Lisa!:thumbsup2 I am looking forward to Tom Sawyer's Island when we go next summer.

I'm glad your Mom is doing better, even though that nurse scared her about the stroke. Your property is beautiful, too.

It has taken me several days of reading to get caught up as a bad cold made its rounds through our house. Not much time to be on the DIS when you're nursing sick kids and husbands. To tell the truth, they are usually worse than the kids.

I also booked our trip with our friends this weekend cause I got a pin code email Friday night! Even though I asked them back in September, they still didn't know where they wanted to stay. I called them Saturday and basically said "I need a decision from you on where you want to stay" We were on the phone for 2 1/2 hours Saturday evening hashing out dates and where to stay. Right now, our friends are only coming down for 4 nights 6/4-6/8, but we will be arriving earlier. I was asking my DH for 8 or 9 nights since we only go every couple of years. Because it was near Memorial Day weekend, he said "Why don't we go down the Friday before, instead of Tuesday, and stay till they leave?" I jumped on that and called to make the reservations before he backed out of 11 nights at Wilderness Lodge!:banana: I gave him the total after I got off the phone and he didn't have a coronary, so it's a go! That is saying a lot, cause DH is a tightwad, but I love him:love:

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. Apparently, you are better 'cause you are able to get on the Dis.:thumbsup2

Congratulations on booking your next vacation! So what are your travel dates?

On behalf of Lisa (she will be eventually), I welcome you to the DIS :welcome:

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ginny

Thanks Ginny!

Great updates Lisa! I love the pics of Hunter in the mud! Again..he and Isaiah would have the best time together! :thumbsup2

Your property is beautiful..even though it isn't all prettied up for fall! I love all the flowers! I could do without all the birdhouses...cause those mean birds...but that's just me! :rotfl:

It was on my TR that you saw the fort! :thumbsup2 I'm so glad you found it this trip! My boys love to explore Tom Sawyer Island. I think it's an awesome place and gets overlooked too often!

I hear ya on the $2.25 soda issue. Considering you are at a theme park, sodas are going to be that price! It should be expected. And, honestly, that's cheaper than some festivals, carnivals, etc here at home. Oh well..hopefully she found the boy a glass of ice water..that's FREE!

Feel free to borrow my Children's Church lesson...it was a great one!

Yay..an afternoon at the pool! Can't wait to hear about it! popcorn::

Hunter was a little timid when I said I wanted to take his picture covered in mud. He goes through growth spurts where he's a little chubby but then he gets tall. He's in a chubby stage and doesn't like it.

Oh, I forgot that you are scared of the birds! Hum....if you ever come to visit, make sure you wear your grape scented body spray.:rotfl2:

I knew I was right about it being your trip report that I saw the fort pictures on. I even told John that's how I knew it existed.

I was pretty darn upset at the lady for not buying her child a bottled drink. I mean.....hello.....it's a theme park! Our drinks at the local movie theater are $2.75 for a bottled Coke.

I have already passed along the toothpaste children's church lesson to Lacey. She thought it was a great idea. She got SPLATTED (probably not a real word) last week. She has a chart that the kids earn points on. If they got a certain number of points combined, they could slime/splat her. She had to sit on a stool in a baby swimming pool while they pour buckets of slime over her. I need to ask her to send me pictures to post.

:cool1: Hi BPATSMouse! I moved to the dark side last week. It's very chatty over here!

Thanks for welcoming BPATSMouse!

Oops, I forgot to say:
Lisa, I enjoyed your Tom Sawyer report. I always tell my husband that I would like to have a house on Tom Sawyer's Island.

Tom Sawyer's Island is like a little oasis in the middle of the Magic Kingdom.:thumbsup2

Hunter was a little timid when I said I wanted to take his picture covered in mud. He goes through growth spurts where he's a little chubby but then he gets tall. He's in a chubby stage and doesn't like it.

Austin was so like that as a kid. You can tell by those birthday pictures I posted earlier. He looks heavy now at 230 but omg he is solid as a rock. All that weightlifting and football. Andrew has yet to see a chunky day. He is 6'1" and 130. He broke 100 his freshman year at 5'7". I loved those mud pix. I remember your older thread when you had them then. He has grown since then.

Sheri and I can't stand birds. We have been hit too many times on the top of the head. And I have lots of bird houses. Princess makes sure they stay in the houses and trees.

Do you think it'd do any good if all of us Disers ganged up on your hubby?

Probably not. We had taht conversation last night when "The Little Couple" on TLC was at the Grand Floridian for a wedding. He was talking about how beautiful Disney World is. Then we flipped it over to the Golf Channel and Big Break Golf was at Disney, too! I told him it was everywhere. He said he'd noticed that. But that he still didn't want to go back, even though he he thought it was an awesome place. Too crowded. I said, they have low crowded times, but he didn't want to discuss it. Ugh.

I'm glad you mentioned posting pics of your house. You may have missed the post, but a while back I wanted you to upload pictures of it b/c I think log homes are so lovely. And you built it yourself? Wow! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter