Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report!

Lisa, I have to tell you this story cause I know you will get a kick out of my boss once more. When new patients come to see them we tell them up front we do no legal work whatsoever nor do we do anything but provide records. So a few weeks ago an attorney sent for records which were sent. We've seen the lady 3 times. Now last Friday the Atty's secy called to schedule either a depo or court date. I informed her she would need to supbena us cause he will not do it willingly and be careful what you want cause he will not be of any help to the patient and she will be discharged. So today the atty calls me and starts the same thing all over. A doc told her before we ever saw her she should not have custotdy of her children He wants Dr. to state differently. I told him since we did not have access to those records he cannot state what another dr. says. I told him he was welcome to send the records let Dr. review and he might or might not respond. Of course he doesn't want that because then the other side can review the letter in the file. I told him then he needed to schedule an appt with the Dr. that made that comment and let him make the decision. I again stressed that Dr. would probably not be too helpful to his case. What a mess. I told the atty to be careful what he is wishing for. It may backfire. And maybe it will take more than 3 visits for her to improve her situation.

Ginny

Beautiful pics, Lisa. :thumbsup2

No, it doesn't look like fall at all for you! A lot of things are still green for me, too. It's all the rain we've been having, keeping things lush. My grass is starting to turn kind of brown, though, so its a sign of what's coming.

I love how your land looks.

Your property is beautiful, Lisa! And I love Oddball- what a cutie!!

Well, I certainly wish him all the best! Everyone needs someone that they enjoy spending time with and can do fun things with.

Yes, I know several people who will speak their mind, regardless of the topic. I have a friend that I lunch with who I have learned to overlook. We were having a group discussion over children pitching a fit in Wal-Mart (or wherever). I told them that I would leave my buggy wherever it sat and promptly remove Mitchell from the store. I got the "crazy" look from my friend that I should not do that b/c that's what he wants anyways, is to leave. Nope - when he pitches a fit it's because he wants something he can't have or he's just in one of those unwilling to behave moods. I don't put up with it, so we leave the store, go home, and get a punishment b/c then I have to go back to Wal-Mart at a later date. This only happened twice so far. He knows better. So - wouldn't you say I got my point across?

Well, argumentative friend who speaks her mind had to make a ten minute discussion out of a simple statement. It's annoying, but at the same time, I know how she is and I try not to let it get to me. Some people are just that way and there are times when I think she could also bite her tongue! :p

He just needs a companion. All he has right now are his attorney friends and his family. Everybody needs somebody to go out on dates with every now and then or just sit around and talk to outside the business.

I don't blame you for handling Mitchell the way you do. I'd do that too. Thankfully, my kids were usually pretty good when we went somewhere. I'm not saying they didn't have their moments though. And when we did have those moments, they knew they were going to be in trouble!

CREEEEEPPPPYYYY! I had forgotten about your ghost friends since we haven't heard too much from them lately. :scared1:

They are still around!

That is why when Sandi was young and it her way or the hiway I would put us both in timeout. My mother used to get so mad at me and I would just you would rather I yell cause that is how you would have handled it? She has always been on the bossy side. I have no idea where she gets it.:eek:
Probably her father. Or the guy on my shoulder.

We all have friend we tolerate and it's not a deal. I'm sure some people tolerate us too at times.

I know how your boss is Lisa. We had a dear friend that was married 5 times and could just never get it together (ie kids, family, money). He finally met a lady who had never been married. She was the best thing ever. They lived together quite a while and finally married. They were married 10 years and he had a massive stroke and died. Broke our hearts but he had at least 10 good years.

I love my boss to death but he sure is an outspoken guy. It's like he has diarrhea of the mouth at times. Like you said, though, I am sure he just tolerates me at times too.

Oh, I am sorry about your friend. At least he finally found happiness.

We haven't heard about the goblins for a while. They must be getting ready for Trick or Treat. Be sure to leave them something yummy

Just when I think they are going to leave us alone, they do a little trick or two.

Aww..that was so nice of Hunter to chime in and try to calm the little boy's fears.:goodvibes

Great pictures of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!!:thumbsup2

I knew that Hunter was just itching to get in on the conversation. That's why I whispered in his ear. I have the worst time getting good Pirates of the Caribbean pictures.

100_2666.jpg

I tried my best to get a picture of the hairy legs but it's blurry:

We love this charcter. We always made Austin hold his leg up in the air as we would go by so we could compare hairy legs.

John has hairy legs too. My sister in law once said John had more hair under his arms than she has on her head. She's like my boss......no tact at all!

Yes, I am sure people have to tolerate me also! I'm a bit old fashioned in my way of thinking versus the modern day women I work with! :laughing: So sometimes, my way of thinking gets some eye rolls around here! Spare the rod, spoil the child, I say and so does the Good Book. I also believe that the DH is the head of the household and should be included in decision making, rather than me just going off and doing something w/out discussing it with him first. I get head shakes and eye rolls for that, too! :laughing:

That is sad about the man who died after ten years of happily wedded bliss. I'm glad that the woman gave him a chance, b/c I know a lot of women wouldn't if he'd been married five times before. She was very obviously meant for him! :cutie:

I have a lot of old fashioned ways too Mel. John has the final say in the family but I sometimes have to work my magic with him to let him think my way is the best way.;)

Lisa! great pictures I could not get my camera to stop flashing even though I turned it off! :confused3 so I did not take any pictures :sad:
I can't wait to hear about Pecos Bill's we have not tried that yet!

BTW: that straight forward person that just shoots it out without thinking...
THAT WOULD BE ME!! I'm horrible and I have been made aware of it...just like my dad!
I think that is why being a friend on the net is easier for me...I read what I say before I post it (most of the time)...but I do erase alot of post on other threads before posting! Some people what can I say :confused3 :laughing:
the last girl I worked with told my mom "Connie should have been an attorney"--Mom told her she was planning to go to law school till she met Danny....Tammy looked at me and said I knew it:lmao: she told my mom she hurt my feelings the first two months I worked with her than realized she is a sweetheart just shots out exactly what she is thinking w/o really thinking if it is (here's the word) tactful!

As far as I know there is nothing that says you can't take flash photography on Pirates of the Caribbean. I've seen people doing it for years and years. That being said, I've taken them with and without flash.

It is nice to see your thoughts in writing before you actually say them. Some lawyers I know just spout off at the mouth. Others just sit back and take it all in before they speak. Don't know which one I like better.

Great Pecos Bill food pics and yard pics! We've got great fall leaves here in Indiana, but for my overnight fall break trip with DH last week, it was rainy and grey so I took almost no pictures.

When I go to MK, I definitely want to have lunch at Cosmic Ray's because I've been there every time and loved it. But we're spending two days in MK, so I may have to try Pecos Bill's for the other lunch!

I'm going to attempt to post a picture of me and DH on our recent trip -- let's see if it works and isn't too huge:

squireboonOct2009.JPG

(Edited to get rid of enormous photo--this one should be better!)

Lisa: Thanks for getting this update up and being so detailed with Pirates. I LOVE this ride - my absolute favorite! I was tickled when you got Davy Jones right there in the beginning (of course I always think of him as "Mr. Wormy" since that is what Mitchell always calls him) and I kept waiting for the guy with the dirty foot. It makes me smile. When Mitchell went through that ride the first time, he was not quite two and I remember him saying "dirty foot", "wash his foot". And to this day, Mitchell will say that man's foot is still dirty! :rotfl:

I didn't know if the picture of Davy Jones would turn out of not. If you didn't know it was him, you'd probably be scratching your head wondering what the picture was of.

I like "Mr. Wormy". I'll have to tell Hunter that one. He loves nicknames. See, Mitchell, has a "lick a bus" moment except it's a "dirty foot" pirate moment.:laughing:

Love the POTC update! How cool that Hunter was able to calm the little boy's fears a bit. :goodvibes

I did a whole lesson with the children in my church one time about how you can never take your words back no matter how you try. I used a tube of toothpaste and squirted a bunch out into a bowl. Then I asked volunteers to put the toothpaste back into the tube...can't be done. It was a great illustration and I think they got the point!

Oh..here are a few fall pictures for you! We took the boys apple picking this weekend!

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

Applepicking--200920.jpg

Applepicking--200914.jpg

I am so going to steal your children's church lesson and pass it along to Lacey. That's a neat idea.

I love your pictures. Our apples have been long gone by now. We had so many apples this year that the limbs go too heavy and broke. Our pear tree did the same thing.

Our trees haven't started turning yet. They are still as green as green can be. Maybe it won't be too long before we start seeing Fall colors. We have a hickory nut tree in our front yard and Mama has one in her back yard. They turn the most gorgeous yellow color. Most all other trees around here just drop their leaves.

Lisa, you have a great son there. You should be very proud! :)

I am pretty proud of him. He does give me fits at times though. The little goofus didn't turn in two pieces of homework last week and got two zeros. Two zeros! You know what made it even worse? He had done the homework and it was in his backpack!

Very nice pix Missy. We are just starting to turn here. I'm waiting on the scarlett maple in my front yard to turn. They have in the neighbors but not mine for some reason. Don probably was mean to it. I can tell such a difference from those I put up last week and this week tho.

That word thing is very important. To everyone but especially children. They take everything at face value. My 15 yo grandson Andrew still takes everything so litteral. You have to be very careful of how you say things to him

Hunter sometimes takes things literally too. I find that so odd since he's in a family who's hardly ever serioius.

Great fall pictures Missy! we can not grow apples here! Bananas, oranges, lemons, etc
no apples...and our trees don't really get beautiful colors like that the leaves just fall off!:laughing:
Thank you for sharing what fall is suppose to look like!
:wave2:

We are able to grow apples and pears. Haven't seen any bananas but I'd love to.

I have banana trees. The main one is not old enough to produce yet. We have the main one then every year we get 3-4 babies. We have to bring them into the garage after the first frost.

I find it odd that children do take things so literally. It's just like whatever is said they take for granted no matter who they hear it from. We have given Andrew heck over the years. He is starting to do somewhat better.

Great updates! Loved all of the Pirates of the Caribbean pictures, I really felt like I was there. pirate:

Thanks! I think Pirates of the Caribbean is one of our favorites. But, I find that I tend to say "favorites" a lot when it comes to Disney attractions.:lmao:

Love the pirates pics it was so sweet of your family to help that little boy. I do miss the old puppy though the new one is cute but just not the same.:wizard:

Now your food pics are making me hungry

I forgot that this puppy is a new one. You don't happen to have a picture of the old one do you so we can compare?

Pecos Bill's has always been closed when we visited! I am so envious!

I've never seen Pecos Bill's closed! I would just have a fit if I went to the Magic Kingdom and it was closed.

Ur title caught my attention and I just love a nice long trip report to read. On page 5-be back later. Looks like we overlap a little in May....

Welcome aboard! I had hoped to get the first post updated to let new readers know what page and post number to go to. Hopefully, I'll get it posted soon.

OK....as a newbie to these boards, I have to say something that I think that the veterans already know...but I have to share. This board is like a PARTY! I mean...the thread has a theme, but there is so much more going on here! I absolutely LOVE IT! This isn't militantly interested in passing around raw data. Everyone here participates and shares....personal experience, perspective, random bits of observation. I really feel like I have joined a cocktail party in which there is a central theme...but just a group of great people having fun. :)

We're glad to have you aboard. As you can see, everybody likes to chime in with their thoughts!

OH...and one more thing...THERE'S NO SALAD IN THAT TACO SALAD?!?!?!? Where's the salad? :-)

The salad part of the taco salad is on the fixin's bar. There's lettuce, tomato, onions, salsa and cheese sauce. Makes for one yummy taco salad!

My family always got a kick out of the hairy leg too! :rotfl:

We do too!

Love your pictures! I gotta get one of an apple like that!

Love the update. Wendy does look like she could use a cane! :lmao: I have yet to try Pecos Bill. I'm pretty sure I know where it is at, just never went to it. There are just too many restaurants to try. I need to go for a couple of weeks and try them all! LOL!

Wendy was looking a little old to me too. I thought Wendy, Peter and the rest of the gang were not supposed to grow old?:rolleyes:

Pecos Bill's looks yummy - we always go to Cosmic Ray's and I like the fixings bar there, too (nothing my kids will eat on the Pecos Bill's kids menu....:confused3)

Great Pirates pictures, too! You got really clear ones of Captain Jack - my DH is jealous (he's always trying to figure out how to get better pictures).

It's been a long time since we've been to Cosmic Ray's. I didn't even remember them having a fixin's bar.

Tell your husband not to be too envious of my pictures 'cause I don't even remember what setting I had my camera on.:rotfl:

Thank goodness I wasn't too far behind. Didn't have to work today and came home and...slept. Well, first I took an online Youth Protection course for Cub Scout leaders and parents, then I took a nap. Took too long to fall asleep. Didn't really help.

Tomorrow I work a 1/2, but it's at Will's school, so that works.

Love the update. POC is my favorite Magic Kingdom ride and Pecos Bill is my favorite MK restaurant. We ALWAYS eat there too.

And for the poster who asked about the salad...it's because the lettuce is on the fixings bar, along with tomatoes, cheese, and onions (if you want them-yuck!), and I forget what else. I had the taco salad and put some nacho cheese on it and it was yummy!

We saw Mr. Smee and Captain Hook right after we came out of the Pirates League. Would have been the perfect time to go see them...but we didn't. SO very much we didn't do on this trip. I'm get sadder by the moment about not doing next June...but hopefully we can make it up in 2011. I'm so glad to see Hunter doesn't consider himself "too old".

Looking forward to Tom Sawyer's Island. Another thing...you guessed it...we didn't do.

Heather, I'm so far behind on my reading. I know I am way behind on your's too. Gotta get over there.

At least you know you're going to Disney World in June so you can see and do everything you missed! Hunter doesn't consider himself too old for anything Disney World related!

You are right that you can never be too safe now-a-days. However, one of the reasons why I love Disney World, is the interaction with others. I know that I'm silly for thinking that nothing bad can happen there, but I feel safer striking up conversations with total strangers at Disney World, than I do anywhere else. I don't think I would have taken it the way the family did at all. I would have seen your DH as a dad who had forgotten how soft of skin a little kid has and would have taken what he said as a compliment, which is how he meant it. But to each their own.

Looking forward to seeing Tom Sawyer's Island. We have never gone there before.

I can understand why the man and lady would have thought it odd for John to say something about the little girl but not enough to just get up and leave. Our entire family just absolutely loves kids. We are people people too. You know, the kind who will talk to just about anybody especially at Disney World.

John stayed at home with Lacey until she was 3 months old. Little girls have always held a soft spot in his heart. Not saying his shirt buttons didn't pop off when Hunter was born! When he helped the little girl up, he couldn't help but notice how soft her little arms were. Just an innocent comment. Like you said though "to each their own".

Pecos Bill's looks soooo good...I did not eat dinner...I was so tired from that pot of coffee this morning and only four hrs sleep last night. I went to bed early and than Ashton woke up just as Danny came to bed :eek: Alice may have been new (but, she did appear older or maybe she was a fill in :confused3--trying here) :lmao:

:wave2:

Pecos Bills IS good. I could go for some right now. Have no idea what I am cooking for dinner.

Wendy was looking a little bit old to me too. And, she didn't play her character very well either.

Great updates, Lisa! I love the POTC photos. The hairy leg guy always grosses me out so bad- the leg looks so real in all of its hairy-ness. :rotfl:
You are going to have to make this TR last until your next trip OR start a PTR for your May trip. ;)

The hairy legs and dirty feet do look a little bit gross.

At the rate I am going with this trip report, I may be next May before I finish.:rotfl2:

Great updates! That is so cute how Hunter was able to talk to the little boy. And it sounds like he did end up enjoying himself!

It made us feel all good inside to know that the little boy had a good time on the ride.

:welcome::jumping1:party:

We're glad you're here!

Lisa: Great update again! Yeah, Wendy was looking a little old there. And based on the expression of her face, didn't really seem to be "in character". Some CM's have got, some don't. :confused3

Pecos Bill's looks wonderful. I've never eaten there, but all of that food looks so yummy and I've such good things about it, I may have to give it a try.

On the comment that DH made about the little girl, those parents shouldn't have taken that wrong - I agree with Prev. Poster who said it was a compliment from a dad who had forgotten how soft a child's skin was. I mean, he was a man sitting with his wife and two children - what did they think he meant??? People - seriously, take precautions, but lighten up a smidge. :sad2:

Wendy had no personality at all. She had almost a "drugged up" demeanor. No, I am not saying she was actually drugged up. She was just all slow and not perky at all.

John always says that babies smell good too. Thank goodness, he didn't say that. The people would have run off even faster than they did!:rotfl2: I think John was just a little bit more nostalgic on this trip because he was with Lacey and he could see how much she had grown up since she was a little girl.

:wave2: Just checking in to say hi! I'm still cranking away and reading til I go bug-eyed - up to page 62 now.

Ok, this blows my mind.

Tell your husband not to be too envious of my pictures 'cause I don't even remember what setting I had my camera on.

I had no idea cameras had settings. I swear some day I will read the book.

:wave2: Just checking in to say hi! I'm still cranking away and reading til I go bug-eyed - up to page 62 now.

You're catching up slowly but surely!

great pictures Lisa!!! your land is beautiful and so country looking...I love the rustic fence line and Danny would love all your birdhouse!! everyyear he says he is putting up a few and never does...the two he had he took down to clean and never put them back up! :lmao:

Have a great day!!

Thanks, John had just mowed but hadn't weedeated yet so there's still some high grass in some of the pictures. The building behind Hunter is John's shop.

The spot where I house is now is where I grew up. My Daddy and Mama moved there when I was three. Daddy had a lot of birdhouses all over the place. After he died, we moved to the land so we could be near Mama. Over the years, the birdhouses he built have rotted and fallen apart. John made new ones to carry on the tradition.

Hey, very cool update!:goodvibes, its good to see someone who takes alot of great pics:), i need to buy a bigger memory card to take as many pics as u took for my next trip:) Oh and yes ur land is sooooo beautiful, i would soo love to have a country theme when i move out on my own. I dnt think we ever try Pecos Bill, we shall look into it next time;) looking forward to more!

I haven't even posted all of my pictures. Thank goodness or you guys would still be looking.

We don't have a lot of land just a few acres but Mama is right next door and she has a few too.

Those were beautiful pictures Lisa. Don would love the bird houses too. We have several, mostly ones he and the boys have made. We have several different birds in our yard and a dove's nest under our crepe myrtle. They greet me every morning.

I have a small pict of hairy legs for you to compare to POC

038-1.jpg

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. I am certainly not a professional photographer but I love taking pictures.

We have doves too but I can't figure out where they are nesting. There's always at least three or four in the driveway eating the small pebbles.

Those were beautiful pictures Lisa. Don would love the bird houses too. We have several, mostly ones he and the boys have made. We have several different birds in our yard and a dove's nest under our crepe myrtle. They greet me every morning.

I have a small pict of hairy legs for you to compare to POC

038-1.jpg

I forgot to thank you for the hairy leg picture! John's legs are really hairy too and his brother likes to pick on him about it.

Lisa, I have to tell you this story cause I know you will get a kick out of my boss once more. When new patients come to see them we tell them up front we do no legal work whatsoever nor do we do anything but provide records. So a few weeks ago an attorney sent for records which were sent. We've seen the lady 3 times. Now last Friday the Atty's secy called to schedule either a depo or court date. I informed her she would need to supbena us cause he will not do it willingly and be careful what you want cause he will not be of any help to the patient and she will be discharged. So today the atty calls me and starts the same thing all over. A doc told her before we ever saw her she should not have custotdy of her children He wants Dr. to state differently. I told him since we did not have access to those records he cannot state what another dr. says. I told him he was welcome to send the records let Dr. review and he might or might not respond. Of course he doesn't want that because then the other side can review the letter in the file. I told him then he needed to schedule an appt with the Dr. that made that comment and let him make the decision. I again stressed that Dr. would probably not be too helpful to his case. What a mess. I told the atty to be careful what he is wishing for. It may backfire. And maybe it will take more than 3 visits for her to improve her situation.

Ginny

I think you handled the situation quite well Mrs. Ginny. The attorney and secretary who kept calling you sound like one of the attorneys at my old office. The attorney would get something in his mind and wouldn't let go. It blew up in his face a couple of times.

Beautiful pics, Lisa. :thumbsup2

No, it doesn't look like fall at all for you! A lot of things are still green for me, too. It's all the rain we've been having, keeping things lush. My grass is starting to turn kind of brown, though, so its a sign of what's coming.

I love how your land looks.

It doesn't look like Fall at all. I need to take pictures of the hugemongous mushrooms growing in front of Mama's house. They started when the rain started and ended up being giant.

Thanks for the compliment on the land.

Your property is beautiful, Lisa! And I love Oddball- what a cutie!!

We have so many trees in our yard so there's a lot of weedeating involved. But it's nice to have apples, pears, figs, plums and flowering trees. Oddball started out being a little bitty thing. Never would I have imagined him growing up as he did. Love him even though he's a pound puppy!

Great Pecos Bill food pics and yard pics! We've got great fall leaves here in Indiana, but for my overnight fall break trip with DH last week, it was rainy and grey so I took almost no pictures.

When I go to MK, I definitely want to have lunch at Cosmic Ray's because I've been there every time and loved it. But we're spending two days in MK, so I may have to try Pecos Bill's for the other lunch!

I'm going to attempt to post a picture of me and DH on our recent trip -- let's see if it works and isn't too huge:

squireboonOct2009.JPG

(Edited to get rid of enormous photo--this one should be better!)

I love the picture of you and your hubby! I see that it says caverns. I love caves! Have any more pictures?

We spend two days in the Magic Kingdom too and Pecos Bill's is a must on one of those days.

I have banana trees. The main one is not old enough to produce yet. We have the main one then every year we get 3-4 babies. We have to bring them into the garage after the first frost.

I find it odd that children do take things so literally. It's just like whatever is said they take for granted no matter who they hear it from. We have given Andrew heck over the years. He is starting to do somewhat better.

I've seen the big banana trees planted in front of houses but haven't seen bananas. We did the Behind the Seeds tour one year (actually two years in a row) and were able to see the banana trees. Did ya'll know that they give the old trees to the elephants at Animal Kingdom? Just a bit of trivia.

Ok, this blows my mind.

I had no idea cameras had settings. I swear some day I will read the book.

I didn't either until Lacey showed me. There should be a menu on your camera and it should point you in the direction of the settings. Maybe you should just hand your camera to one of your grandsons. They're sure to know. ;) That's what I do....hand everything to the kids and they figure it out.

Now that we had eaten at our favorite Magic Kingdom counter service restaurant, we decided to go see how long the wait was for Splash Mountain. I knew it was a long shot since it was so hot and it was mid-day. I was right, the wait was 130 minutes. Everybody and their grandma and their in-law must have been ready to be splashed. :scared1: I grabbed Fastpasses for each of us.

What do we do now? Shop! We walked into the Splash Mountain shop in search of John a new pair of sunglasses. He does this every trip. He buys a new pair of sunglasses at home but then decides he needs another pair when we get to Disney. I'm surprised it took him this long into the trip before he wanted a pair.

While he looked for his sunglasses, I took a few pictures. I had never noticed all the little details of the store.

100_2683.jpg

100_2682.jpg

The kids and I wandered around. There wasn't a whole lot of stuff in the store to look at so it didn't take us long before we were done. John wasn't done though. He was still trying to find the perfect pair of sunglasses. :rolleyes1

Lacey and Hunter "popped a squat" (one of Lacey's favorite sayings) while I helped John.

100_2681.jpg

I bet John turned that one sunglass display thingie around 25 times. He found the one pair that he liked but he said they felt like they were a little twisted and was looking for another pair like it. Every time I found a pair that I thought were like the ones he had, it was wrong. And they say women are picky! Finally.......after turning, trying on, looking in a mirror, etc. John found a pair he liked and went to pay for them. We also got a Sprite and a Coke from the cooler for Hunter and Lacey.

While we were waiting in line, a boy asked him mother if he could have a Coke. She asked the castmember how much they were and he told her $2.25. She sound very loudly, almost shouted, that there was no way she was spending that much on a soda and refused to get the boy anything to drink. She told him that he would just have to be thirsty. I felt so bad for the boy. It even made John and I a little mad at the mother. I am not a rich person by any means but if I can not afford to buy my child a $2.25 drink at Disney, I shouldn't be there. I do not pretend to know these people and I do not konw their situation but it just did not sit right with me knowing that the boy was told to just be thirsty.

Okay, I'm through with that little rant. We were next in line with John's sunglasses and our two $2.25 drinks. The castmember wrapped the sunglasses in tissue paper and we were on our way.

Now what do we do? I know! :idea: We needed to go find the fort on Tom Sawyer's Island. I believe, if I am not mistaken, I saw pictures of the fort on Missy's trip report. Missy, am I right?

Anyhow, we wanted to find the fort. John swore that we could get to Tom Sawyer Island by going all the way down the path near the exit of Big Thunder Mountain. I told him the only way to get to Tom Sawyer Island was by raft. Did he listen? No! We walked towards the Big Thunder Mountain exit and.....BAMM.....the path ended. Then, John walked down another little path and.....BAMM.....the smoking area. I bit my tongue and didn't say "I told you so." I thought it though. :rolleyes: We've been to the island lots of times and never ever have we just walked over. Don't know what he was thinking.:sad2:

We wormed our way through the crowds towards the Tom Sawyer Island raft. The Frontierland walkways were becoming more and more congested. I felt like a salmon trying to swim upstream. Finally, we made it to the raft loading dock. We could see that both rafts were in the water and one was about to dock.

We were soon boarding our raft and on our way to Tom Sawyer Island. I don't know about you guys but I wish they had some kind of cover on those doggone rafts. I know they want to make it look like an authentic Tom Sawyer raft but.....it was blistering hot with the sun shining off the water and all of us crowded onto one little raft. It made me sad/mad to see a smooshed drink cup and a straw floating in the water. Why can't people just wait until they find a garbage can?

Once we made it to the island, we knew that we had a plan to go left and always stay left. I started taking pictures and the camera was doing just fine........for a while.:mad:

Crossing the barrel bridge:

100_2684.jpg

100_2685.jpg

We stuck to our plan and continued left and were eventually rewarded with finding the fort! I couldn't believe it. After all the trips on the island, we had never found it. We climbed up and down the stairs and shot pretend bullets at the people below. It was really really neat. We spent about 30 minutes at the fort before we moved on to see the other things the island had to offer.

As we wandered along one path, we saw the riverboat:

100_2686.jpg

I think we walked each and every path on the island. We found a playground, a windmill and a nice shady resting area.

100_2687.jpg

We also found a few caves. There were nooks and crannies and hiding places in the caves and, of course, Hunter and Lacey tried to scare each other and John and I. We found several spots in the walkways where cool air was being pumped in. It felt so good.

Lacey trying to push the cave support down:

100_2688.jpg

Hunter and Lacey at the end of one of the cave walkways. Cool how it looks like it is getting smaller.

100_2689.jpg

After over an hour of just wandering around Tom Sawyer Island, we walked to the raft dock to catch the next raft back to Frontierland. Once we reached the other side, we didn't know what to do. We looked at the stream of folks in Frontierland and then at each other. Sweat beads were on our foreheads because it was so hot.

"Wanna go back to the resort and swim for a while?", I asked. "Yes!" I have to tell you, we haven't taken a mid-day break from the parks since Hunter was just a toddler. So, you know that it was really hot and miserable in the park. "I'll lead the way. Follow me!", I told my troups. We weaved our way to the wooden walkway until we reached Liberty Square. Once we reached Liberty Square, we cut through and walked over the bridge to Adventureland. Then, we cut down the pathway in front of Crystal Palace.

Thanks to my outstanding park navigation skills, we were at the front of the park and on our way to the CBR bus stop. :thumbsup2 We had to wait about 15 minutes for a bus to come. It didn't surprise me though. Not too many people were coming and going to the parks mid-day.

Up next: A little RNR at the CBR

How much fun was that? My girls say "cop a squat" instead of 'pop'. I'm sure it is a regional thing

I can't cross that bridge. I close my eyes when we cross bridges anyway. Except when I drive of course. Then I just look straight at the center line and the car in front of me. They scare me. I'll never forget that tall thing going into New Orleans. EEK.

I've searched for sunglasses more than I care to say. When in Disney Andrew wanted a new pair so Mike helped him pick some out. He tried on many pair and finally chose some. After a bit Sheri looked at him and 'said what is wrong with your sunglasses?' The nose piece was missing. Knowing Andrew they were missing when he bought them. Silly boy. Austin got a new pair of Oakley's and Alex was wearing an old pair of Tim's identical to Austins. Once in a while he would switch them around. Aust caught right on. Silly boys. And we all know what happens to my sunglasses. I'm sticking with cheap ones from here on out.

Ginny

I love the caves and tunnels on Tom Sawyer Island once when I was walking through the escape tunnel from the fort I said the the line Dead Men tell no tales from pirates, delivering it a little bit like it is in the ride.

Also didn't you post some where that you would post pictures of your son's sword collection?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter