Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report!

Love the pirates pics it was so sweet of your family to help that little boy. I do miss the old puppy though the new one is cute but just not the same.:wizard:

Now your food pics are making me hungry

Ur title caught my attention and I just love a nice long trip report to read. On page 5-be back later. Looks like we overlap a little in May....

OK....as a newbie to these boards, I have to say something that I think that the veterans already know...but I have to share. This board is like a PARTY! I mean...the thread has a theme, but there is so much more going on here! I absolutely LOVE IT! This isn't militantly interested in passing around raw data. Everyone here participates and shares....personal experience, perspective, random bits of observation. I really feel like I have joined a cocktail party in which there is a central theme...but just a group of great people having fun. :)

100_2666.jpg

I tried my best to get a picture of the hairy legs but it's blurry:

We love this charcter. We always made Austin hold his leg up in the air as we would go by so we could compare hairy legs.

My family always got a kick out of the hairy leg too! :rotfl:

Love the POTC update! How cool that Hunter was able to calm the little boy's fears a bit. :goodvibes

I did a whole lesson with the children in my church one time about how you can never take your words back no matter how you try. I used a tube of toothpaste and squirted a bunch out into a bowl. Then I asked volunteers to put the toothpaste back into the tube...can't be done. It was a great illustration and I think they got the point!

Oh..here are a few fall pictures for you! We took the boys apple picking this weekend!

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

Applepicking--200920.jpg

Applepicking--200914.jpg

Love your pictures! I gotta get one of an apple like that!

Love the update. Wendy does look like she could use a cane! :lmao: I have yet to try Pecos Bill. I'm pretty sure I know where it is at, just never went to it. There are just too many restaurants to try. I need to go for a couple of weeks and try them all! LOL!

Pecos Bill's looks yummy - we always go to Cosmic Ray's and I like the fixings bar there, too (nothing my kids will eat on the Pecos Bill's kids menu....:confused3)

Great Pirates pictures, too! You got really clear ones of Captain Jack - my DH is jealous (he's always trying to figure out how to get better pictures).

Thank goodness I wasn't too far behind. Didn't have to work today and came home and...slept. Well, first I took an online Youth Protection course for Cub Scout leaders and parents, then I took a nap. Took too long to fall asleep. Didn't really help.

Tomorrow I work a 1/2, but it's at Will's school, so that works.

Love the update. POC is my favorite Magic Kingdom ride and Pecos Bill is my favorite MK restaurant. We ALWAYS eat there too.

And for the poster who asked about the salad...it's because the lettuce is on the fixings bar, along with tomatoes, cheese, and onions (if you want them-yuck!), and I forget what else. I had the taco salad and put some nacho cheese on it and it was yummy!

We saw Mr. Smee and Captain Hook right after we came out of the Pirates League. Would have been the perfect time to go see them...but we didn't. SO very much we didn't do on this trip. I'm get sadder by the moment about not doing next June...but hopefully we can make it up in 2011. I'm so glad to see Hunter doesn't consider himself "too old".

Looking forward to Tom Sawyer's Island. Another thing...you guessed it...we didn't do.

John looked at me and said "Isn't she the cutest. Her skin was so soft". I guess her parents overheard him and they immediately got up and left. I told John they must have thought he was a child predator or something. He was just making an innocent comment.:sad2: Oh well, I guess you can never be too safe now-a-days.

You are right that you can never be too safe now-a-days. However, one of the reasons why I love Disney World, is the interaction with others. I know that I'm silly for thinking that nothing bad can happen there, but I feel safer striking up conversations with total strangers at Disney World, than I do anywhere else. I don't think I would have taken it the way the family did at all. I would have seen your DH as a dad who had forgotten how soft of skin a little kid has and would have taken what he said as a compliment, which is how he meant it. But to each their own.

Looking forward to seeing Tom Sawyer's Island. We have never gone there before.

Pecos Bill's looks soooo good...I did not eat dinner...I was so tired from that pot of coffee this morning and only four hrs sleep last night. I went to bed early and than Ashton woke up just as Danny came to bed :eek: Alice may have been new (but, she did appear older or maybe she was a fill in :confused3--trying here) :lmao:

:wave2:

Great updates, Lisa! I love the POTC photos. The hairy leg guy always grosses me out so bad- the leg looks so real in all of its hairy-ness. :rotfl:
You are going to have to make this TR last until your next trip OR start a PTR for your May trip. ;)

Great updates! That is so cute how Hunter was able to talk to the little boy. And it sounds like he did end up enjoying himself!

OK....as a newbie to these boards, I have to say something that I think that the veterans already know...but I have to share. This board is like a PARTY! I mean...the thread has a theme, but there is so much more going on here! I absolutely LOVE IT! This isn't militantly interested in passing around raw data. Everyone here participates and shares....personal experience, perspective, random bits of observation. I really feel like I have joined a cocktail party in which there is a central theme...but just a group of great people having fun. :)

:welcome::jumping1:party:

We're glad you're here!

Lisa: Great update again! Yeah, Wendy was looking a little old there. And based on the expression of her face, didn't really seem to be "in character". Some CM's have got, some don't. :confused3

Pecos Bill's looks wonderful. I've never eaten there, but all of that food looks so yummy and I've such good things about it, I may have to give it a try.

On the comment that DH made about the little girl, those parents shouldn't have taken that wrong - I agree with Prev. Poster who said it was a compliment from a dad who had forgotten how soft a child's skin was. I mean, he was a man sitting with his wife and two children - what did they think he meant??? People - seriously, take precautions, but lighten up a smidge. :sad2:

:wave2: Just checking in to say hi! I'm still cranking away and reading til I go bug-eyed - up to page 62 now.

Good morning all,

I'll be back after while to reply to everybody's posts. Missy and Jen's pictures were so good and they show how pretty their country is in the Fall. I thought I'd post a few pictures I took three weekends ago to show you how un-Fall like we are here in North Louisiana. They are nowhere as good as the ones Jen and Missy took though.

We took down our above ground pool (getting a bigger one next year!). There's a big bare spot in our backyard now that's perfect for weiner roasts and for playing in the mud.

Semi-clean Hunter:

SANY0672.jpg

Not so clean Hunter:

SANY0675.jpg

SANY0674-1.jpg

Oddball before he jumped in the mud with Hunter:

SANY0733.jpg

Because we live in a log house, we like to keep our fenceline rustic looking. I say that because it sounds good when I look at it and realize we need to pull the vines off of it.:lmao: Seriously though, there's an old pasture all the way around our house. No animals are kept there any more. It's all grown up and has full grown trees on it. So, the rustic look does goes with the house. We have birdhouses everywhere.

SANY0701.jpg

SANY0716.jpg

SANY0747.jpg

Ooooh look at our beautiful Fall colors! Not!

SANY0748.jpg

Our crabapples aren't ripe yet:

SANY0720.jpg

Looking up into the crabapple tree:

SANY0721.jpg

I still have tomatoes growing:

SANY0744.jpg

And Zinnas:

SANY0742.jpg

Four o'clocks:

SANY0693.jpg

SANY0700.jpg

SANY0698.jpg

SANY0697.jpg

Let's throw in a couple of roses:

SANY0727.jpg

SANY0724.jpg

My Disney plant that I borrowed year before last:

SANY0729.jpg

Continued in next post.

great pictures Lisa!!! your land is beautiful and so country looking...I love the rustic fence line and Danny would love all your birdhouse!! everyyear he says he is putting up a few and never does...the two he had he took down to clean and never put them back up! :lmao:

Have a great day!!

There were bees and butterflies everywhere that day. I could never get a picture of the butterflies but did get a few bees. The yellow is Goldenrod and is horrible on the sinuses!

SANY0714.jpg

SANY0710.jpg

SANY0708.jpg

SANY0735.jpg

SANY0738.jpg

SANY0740.jpg

This picture was taken towards the end of last week. I was sitting on top of an overpass waiting on traffic. Of course it was raining. This is the interstate. The water is so high on the right of the interstate that it looks like another lane.

SANY0758.jpg

Hey, very cool update!:goodvibes, its good to see someone who takes alot of great pics:), i need to buy a bigger memory card to take as many pics as u took for my next trip:) Oh and yes ur land is sooooo beautiful, i would soo love to have a country theme when i move out on my own. I dnt think we ever try Pecos Bill, we shall look into it next time;) looking forward to more!

Those were beautiful pictures Lisa. Don would love the bird houses too. We have several, mostly ones he and the boys have made. We have several different birds in our yard and a dove's nest under our crepe myrtle. They greet me every morning.

I have a small pict of hairy legs for you to compare to POC

038-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter