Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report!

Hi, I just discovered this whole trip report section on DIS and loved reading your trip report so far. I must say your interesting title really caught my eye and that's why yours is the first one I've read. But I can't see the pictures you've posted in the beginning of the report because it says something about exceeding photobucket limits, but I can see them in the last couple pages. I just thought that was sort of weird.

Anyways, I think you have a hilarious sense of humor that really comes out in your writing, and I'm going to read a bit of your trip report every day at lunch to feed my Disney addiction. I'm going on my first trip to WDW in November (I'm 28), so I'm super excited. :tigger: Growing up in California, my family went to Disneyland numerous times but the two times we tried to go to Disney World, something always came up to prevent us from going. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time we escape the WDW "curse" as we call it. :scared:

Hi, I just discovered this whole trip report section on DIS and loved reading your trip report so far. I must say your interesting title really caught my eye and that's why yours is the first one I've read. But I can't see the pictures you've posted in the beginning of the report because it says something about exceeding photobucket limits, but I can see them in the last couple pages. I just thought that was sort of weird.

Anyways, I think you have a hilarious sense of humor that really comes out in your writing, and I'm going to read a bit of your trip report every day at lunch to feed my Disney addiction. I'm going on my first trip to WDW in November (I'm 28), so I'm super excited. :tigger: Growing up in California, my family went to Disneyland numerous times but the two times we tried to go to Disney World, something always came up to prevent us from going. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time we escape the WDW "curse" as we call it. :scared:

I'm not Lisa, but I'd like to welcome you to the board, just the same. Lisa is such a wonderful storyteller and we just love her to pieces! So glad you've joined her team.

November in Disney is wonderful. The weather is absolutely perfect and hopefully the Christmas decorations will be out for you to see. It's really something. Everything will work out perfectly for you this time around, no curses anymore! Just Disney Magic. :wizard:

Lisa, seriously, I don't know if I could have kept my cool with those people. When the grandmother said something about not being able to fix someone else's mistake, I would have told her that if they would have just let you do your job, then everything would have been okay. Since they were impatient and couldn't wait, then they can only thank themselves for the screw-up.

We were all stuffed to the gills (get it we ate in an aquarium and fish have gills....okay, lame joke:confused3)
when we left the Coral Reef. We knews that Illuminations would be starting very soon but decided that, since we were coming back to Epcot another day, we would skip tonight's performance. But, we weren't really ready to leave the park either. Since we were right beside the Seas with Nemo and Friends, we decided to hop on it and see what was swimmin'.

Here are a few pictures:
100_2252.jpg

100_2253.jpg

100_2254.jpg

We go in and there is nobody anywhere. When I say nobody, I mean NOBODY! This is my normally well behaved family become not so behaved. We decided that since there was nobody in front of us and nobody behind us that we'd run and weave our way through the maze. We were laughing so hard at each other being silly. John even jumped a bar or two. At one point Hunter acted like he was going to jump but did a belly roll over the bar. Before you start getting on to us, let me just say that we would have never ever done this if there were people around. I actually pride myself knowing that I have never let my kids be "those kids" who swing on the bars or tug on the ropes while waiting in line.

When we got to just about the end (or beginning:confused3) of the non-existent line, we could see three castmembers standing there looking extremely bored. Lacey gave them all high fives and told them they were awesome castmembers. They all laughed and said she made their day.

We got in our clam mobiles and were on our way. Here's a pic of my silly children in the clam mobile next to us:
100_2255.jpg

I took a few pictures while we were riding along. The last one didn't turn out good at all:
100_2256.jpg

100_2258.jpg

100_2259.jpg

100_2260.jpg

We looked around a little while. There seemed to be about 4 or 5 families in the whole building. Here are a few pictures we took:

100_2261.jpg

When we got to the display where you could take your picture in Bruce's mouth, there was a lady trying to take her little kids' picture in the mouth. The poor things couldn't get all the way up because they kept sliding down. So, I asked the lady if it would be okay for Lacey and Hunter to help them up. She said she would really appreciate it. Lacey and Hunter picked them up and put them way up at the top so they wouldn't slide. Once the mother had the picture, she thanked all of us and they went on their way.

These are my crazy offspring in Bruce's mouth:
100_2262.jpg

100_2263.jpg

100_2264.jpg

****I have to stop here because I just realized that I didn't upload the rest of my Epcot pictures on my third photobucket account. Let me do that and I'll finish up this installment.

Sending prayers. :hug:

Thank you on her behalf!

I have to confess, I have done the same thing :rolleyes1. I have only gotten two pin codes from Disney with one being before they started the survey thingie and the other a couple of months ago and it wouldn't have worked for us anyway. It was the one offering free dining for kids under 9 :sad2:.

I am hoping Disney is going to offer the 7/4 again. It was a pretty good deal. I am planning on getting APs again for the 3 of us. I don't think I will bother with the Tables in Wonderland card though. I just didn't see that it has saved us any money.

Aneurysm does have a y in it, but that isn't what matters. I will be keeping your bosses Mom in my prayers. I am glad they found it in time.

I have gotten one, just ONE, pin code from Disney in 11 years. And, then, I couldn't use it because we couldn't travel during the required time frame.

I wish they'd offer the buy four/get three free offer again. It sure would help out.

I read something today about Disney extending annual passes to 15 months instead of 12. I didn't read all of the details. If I am remembering it correctly, I read it on mousesavers.

I am sure that my boss' mother will appreciate your prayers.

I do it too EVERYDAY!!! except I usually skip the survery. Maybe I should start doing the survey everyday also! I would love to get a pin! My mom gets two a year :confused3
she does not even go on the internet and its my dad's name in their system :confused3

I am so sorry to hear this! At least he will be able to be there for his DAD! he would have probably made that decision even if his court schedule was not what it is! but, I will be sending prayers their way! :hug:

I skipped the first survey but completed every one after that. I figure it can't hurt.

It's a good thing that our office is next door to his parents' section of the building. It will be really easy for him to pop over several times a day.

All of your prayers are greatly appreciated!

Lisa, that is terribly sad for them. Working for the neurosurgeons 17 years we saw a lot of aneurysms. The one thing if they know about them they can get them clipped before they bleed and all is good. When they know and they can't do the surgery right away is risky. Be glad they are getting it done quickly.

No wonder the boss man is funky. We never know what makes people they way they are until we walk in their shoes. I am glad he told you so you can be of help to him instead of just wonder why he's funky. We will all pray for a good response to the surgery for sure. And for you for taking care of your boss while his mom is undergoing this. It would be so hard to be one place and want to be another.

She's been really dizzy and her blood pressure has been high for quite some time now. They ran test after test until they did decide it was an aneurysm (yeah, I spelled it right). Even after they found out, it took 3 1/2 weeks before they were ever able to see the surgeon.

My boss is not used to his secretary giving a hoot about anything. The ones before me just came in and collected a check. I can't do that. I get emotionally invested with the people I work with. And, I have also known my boss for almost 25 years.

Oh, I hope the best for your boss' mother. I will lift her up in prayer.

I am sure that she and the family appreciate all the prayers!

Aneurysms are scary things. We will pray for a positive outcome as well as, peace for your boss and his dad.

Thank you so very very much!

Sorry about your boss' mom, She will have lots of prayers from all of us, I'm sure. I bet it will be hard for him and his dad to not be able to be there but at least she has her daughter with her.

FYI- curiosity got the best of me and I looked it up-- you can actually spell aneurysm with or without the "y" according to Wikipedia LOL :teacher:

I think the fact that neither he nor his dad are able to go is what bothers them the most. His younger brother is actually out of town working but his mother told him not to come home.

All prayers are appreciated!

Oh and thanks for the spelling lesson!

Lisa, I will be praying for your bosses mom too. I hope everything works out well.

I love the Coral Reef pictures (and thanks for the Hidden Mickey picture too. I'd never have known where to look). I really want to eat there, but Matt does NOT like seafood and neither does my brother. Actually neither does my dad. I tried to get in there for our "girls night", but it was too late. I love Chinese too, so I'll "deal" with Nine Dragons, but I'd love to eat there some day. The one time I was going to (a VERY long time ago-before we were married) we ended up having to leave before we were seated. Your food looked good. Thanks for those pictures too.

Looking forward to Nemo and Friends...:goodvibes

First off, thanks for the prayers. They really need them right now.

By the time I zoomed in on the hidden Mickey, the picture got kind of blurred.

There's plenty to eat at Coral Reef besides seafood. You know what my biggest concern was when we booked at ADR at the Coral Reef for the first time? Did the place smell fishy? Not cooked fish smell but the old watery fish smell. The crazy things I worry about.:laughing: By the way, it didn't smell fishy at all.

John and Hunter aren't big Chinese food eaters. John's more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy so we probably won't be giving the China or Japan restaurants a try any time soon.

Love the pics of the Coral Reef...looks yummy (the blackened fish was prepared correctly??) I will have to let Danny know about that one!
I did not know you could leave before the show in Maelstrom?!? that is good to know; I think it ruined the entire ride for the kids last time :lmao:

The blackened catfish was very good and that's coming from a Louisiana girl.

Heck yeah, you can skip the Norway show. Just make sure that you walk quickly all the way through the theater. But, you have to do it in a hurry or you'll get caught and have to watch the movie.

OHHHHHHH!!! I can not wait to get the bill and just worry about the tips!!! :woohoo:

And thanks for the info on the escape route out of Malestrom!

In the real world, we probably wouldn't ALL order a dessert but in Disney World, we do. So, the dining plan is a great deal for us. I love that feeling I get when I just the receipt and leave a tip.

You definitely need to use the "escape route" when getting off the boat in Norway.

Our prayers and thoughts go out to you boss and his family.

I have to say my husband gave me his pink mickey mouse candy and i could not bite into at all. I asked of it was edible and they said yes. It wasn't worth losing a tooth over and I did not have any superglue so I gave up.:wizard:

Any and all prayers anyone wants to say for my boss' mom will be greatly appreciated!

All of us tried to bite the Mickey candy and we didn't even make a mark on it. Oh, and before I tried, I did check to see if I had my super glue handy.;)

koool coral reef pictures, my mouth is watery nowww lol, i want to try it there in may, and prayers r being sent to ur boss and his family

The food was just as good as it looks in the pictures. So very good!

Thanks for the prayers.

Arrgh! I tried to post earlier and the DIS just froze up on me. Love the acrobat pictures!

Oh, those Coral Reef pics make me seriously think about going there. YUM!

Prayers for your bosses mom and I think it is so cute that Lacey waited to see which shirt her dad liked, before buying :)

I had that same problem with the Disboards earlier too.

The acrobats are so much fun to watch. Definitely worth taking the time to stop and watch them.

You really should add Coral Reef to your ADR list. Not only is the food good but the atmosphere is cool too.

Lacey absolutely loves her Daddy. When she was born, John had just gotten laid off from work because the shop he worked in shut down for several months. He was able to stay home with her until she turned 4 months old. They truly have a bond.

Please keep my boss' mom and their family in your prayers.

Hey Lisa! Great update. Coral Reef looks great! I have never eaten there, but I have always wanted to try it- I may have to now after seeing those photos!!! :)
It is definitely a good thing they caught the aneurysm early...I lost a Grandmother & an Aunt (who was only 39!) who both had no idea they had one. Your boss must be SO stressed about not being able to be there. I hope the procedure is a success and that his Mom will recover quickly.

The Coral Reef is a great place to eat. Not only is the food good but the atmosphere is really cool.

Bless your heart on losing family members because of aneurysms. The boss tries to act like he's not that worried but I can tell that he is.

Lisa, those food pics from Coral Reef look so yummy!! We may have to put it on our list of things to try next time.;)

I hope everything works out with your boss's mom. I will be praying for them.

We ate at the Coral Reef in 2007 and skipped it in 2008. We knew that we wanted to go back in 2008 so that was the very first ADR I made.

Prayers are needed and welcomed!
Good morning Lisa, Coral Reef looks yummy. Aust and I wanted to eat there but we got out voted. I'm not a 'grits' girl but those looked worth trying.

Keep us updated on your work situation.

Have a great day.

Ginny

These grits are so smooth and delicious and because they have pepper jack cheese in them, they are a little bit spicy. Just like a Louisiana resident likes 'em.

All the food from Coral Reef looked so good. I am still undecided about what to order when we go in 35 days!!!! :cool1:

Everything we ordered was extremely good.

I love how people make mistakes on their own, then want to find someone else to blame. Good for you to be able to keep your cool! That family wouldn't have been so lucky if it was me... I'd try my best, but grammy's last comment would have sent me over I think. KUDOS to you :thumbsup2

That sucks so bad about the other attorney messing up! You must have felt so frusterated.

We ate at Coral Reef on our last trip..honestly..not so impressed. I mean it wasn't awful, it just wasn't great. I guess it really depends on the cooks & waiters you happen to get that day!

I've never gotten to ride Maelstrom. I've always wanted to. Your pictures just confirmed that I need to make that a "must-do" my next time in Disney. Whenever my next time will be, that is!

Your dinner looked oh, so delicious! It's breakfast time here, but I could seriously go for some of that steak right about now. I've never eaten at the Coral Reef, but I may have to try that one out next time, too! :thumbsup2

Oh, I never did see the hidden Mickey in that picture. It's probably as plain as the nose on my face, but I never saw it! :confused3

You need to try Maelstrom at least once. We enjoy it a lot.

It's now 3:15 at the office and I just looked at our Coral Reef pictures again. I could go for any of that food for dinner tonight!

Look at the very first picture I posted. It's the one with the Viking ship. Look toward the right side of the picture. See the Viking with the Mickey ears on?

Great update Lisa!

I love Maelstrom!

We ate at the Coral Reef a few years ago and enjoyed it too. I hadn't thought about DS10 ordering his dinner from the children's menu and dessert off of the adult menu. I am certain that he is going to order all of his meals from the kid's menu. I'll never understand why Disney thinks a 10 year old is an adult! :sad2:

We love Maelstrom too!

Hunter is so picky about what he eats. I knew he could order the pizza from the kids' menu but I was unsure whether or not he could order from the adult dessert menu. Like I said, I was ready to put up a fuss if they didn't let him. I mean, I paid the adult price and I saved them money when he ordered the pizza.

Do your boys eat a lot? Sometimes, it seems like I can never get Hunter full. Then, at other times, I can't seem to get him to eat at all.

Lisa, great update as always. I've not seen that Hidden Mickey at Maelstrom...I'll be looking for it this weekend. We've not done Coral Reef in about 10 years or so...I think we'll put it back on the list for a future trip (no room this trip).

For years, I read about the hidden Mickey but could never find it. It took many many trips before I finally found it.

I know you already have your ADRs planned for your upcoming trip but keep Coral Reef in mind for upcoming trips.

I know you are getting more and more excited every day.

That's really awful that the other attorney screwed everything up so badly. I feel bad for the family. However, I am impressed that the boss didn't have to come bail you out for assault after dealing with them. I hope the baby's mama has more in the upstairs department. Otherwise, that poor kid.

:wave2:

I havent got to the end yet, but am loving you report so far!! You seem like such a close, lovely family. :) It's a pleasure to read.

I'm sad I can;t see your resort photos or ones after that though. :( Darn photobucket.

Gee, they sound like true ozark hicks. Let's see if I can get something for nuthin and while you are at it. I can get a girl pg but can't do anything else with out mama's help.

Lisa, seriously, I don't know if I could have kept my cool with those people. When the grandmother said something about not being able to fix someone else's mistake, I would have told her that if they would have just let you do your job, then everything would have been okay. Since they were impatient and couldn't wait, then they can only thank themselves for the screw-up.

I guess because I've been in this business for so long, I know that people get emotional when talking about their kids. Therefore, I am able to hold my tongue for quite a while. But, this grandmother hit a nerve this morning.

I do have to tell ya'll something that happened after lunch today. The guy came back in by himself. He made his grandmother stay in the car. He said he went to the other attorney's office and waited to see him. The other attorney has no idea what he did that was wrong. That's what you get when you don't hire a family law attorney.

Anyway, the guy was just about to cry and was practically begging me to help him. I talked to my boss and played the go-between. The guy is coming in....all by himself.....tomorrow and we are going to see what it will take to unscrew this up. It remains a mystery if we can actually do anything at all.

I found the Hidden Mickey! Thanks, Lisa. Oh, and hopefully you can help the guy out. Good for him for leaving grandma out in the car. LOL! He grew some, it seems. :laughing:

I guess because I've been in this business for so long, I know that people get emotional when talking about their kids. Therefore, I am able to hold my tongue for quite a while. But, this grandmother hit a nerve this morning.

I do have to tell ya'll something that happened after lunch today. The guy came back in by himself. He made his grandmother stay in the car. He said he went to the other attorney's office and waited to see him. The other attorney has no idea what he did that was wrong. That's what you get when you don't hire a family law attorney.

Anyway, the guy was just about to cry and was practically begging me to help him. I talked to my boss and played the go-between. The guy is coming in....all by himself.....tomorrow and we are going to see what it will take to unscrew this up. It remains a mystery if we can actually do anything at all.

I am glad your boss can at least talk to him one on one. Also glad he realized that mama and granny needed to be left out and this was something he needed to take care of.

Your boss is kind because he is around it all day with you.

I love how people make mistakes on their own, then want to find someone else to blame. Good for you to be able to keep your cool! That family wouldn't have been so lucky if it was me... I'd try my best, but grammy's last comment would have sent me over I think. KUDOS to you :thumbsup2

It was really really hard to keep my cool. What's ironic is the fact that the grandmother is the one who paid the other attorney to do the work.

That sucks so bad about the other attorney messing up! You must have felt so frusterated.

We ate at Coral Reef on our last trip..honestly..not so impressed. I mean it wasn't awful, it just wasn't great. I guess it really depends on the cooks & waiters you happen to get that day!

It did suck that the attorney fouled everything up and it was very frustrating to deal with the people AND the stupid attorney.

I hate that you didn't have a good meal at the Coral Reef. We've eaten there twice and loved it.

Later on in my trip report, you'll see that we eat at Chef Mickey's and it was the absolute worst meal I have ever had at Disney.

Welcome aboard! You can see that we have all become good friends. Consider yourself one of them!

I am sorry that some of my pictures aren't showing up for you. Apparently, a whole lotta folks have been looking at them so that's why you are getting the "bandwidth exceeded" message. They should be back up pretty soon.

Our family is always joking and kidding around. In my line of work, you have to have a sense of humor or you'd go mad!:laughing:

I often say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until my next Disney trip.

I bet you are getting excited about your first trip to Disney! I'll keep my finger, toes, legs and even my eyes crossed that nothing comes up to prevent your trip.

So, fill us in on some of your trip details. I know we'd love to hear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter