Stitch Replacement?

Hoping for Wreck It Ralph! Tomorrowland needs something new. Fantasyland gets all the attention :-(

I get flamed when I say Tomorrowland needs to be gutted. The same people who say Tomorrowland is nostalgia say Epcot is out of date. Personally I think they are both out of date. Disney did such an awesome job with Fantasyland, I would love to see Tomorrowland get some love.

One would be too many in my opinion. Between Disney and Universal which are the only 2 parks I frequent, it seems to be all we ever get. I was sooo disappointed when MS opened. That kind of stuff isn't a ride. I would much prefer a dark ride. At least Universal is starting to combine the two. If it's not a simulator it's a 3D movie where if your lucky, the seat might jiggle. I'm over it.
Mission space is really the last simulator they built from the ground up. Yes Universal is combining the two but that's all we've seen from this is them giving us literally the same ride for pretty much all of their previous installments in the past 6 years. I could be wrong but even if you count hogwarts express as a simulator (only because of the screens, I only count it as transport between the two parks and not an actual ride ride) the only non simulator universal has built in this calendar decade was Kang and Kodos Twirl 'N' Hurl. Volcano Bay will be the first since then that's not a simulator and after that boom two more simulators in Fallon and furious! I don't get why people think that's all Disney does anymore. Frozen ever after and mine train may have screens but they're far from simulators. Yes avatar will have one but I'm more so looking towards that boat ride!
Hoping for Wreck It Ralph! Tomorrowland needs something new. Fantasyland gets all the attention :-(
Well in fantasylands defense they did have this huge open spot of land unused for 15 years. Tomorrowland really only has the former amphitheater for empty room and I think that's all backstage now

What exactly does seasonal opening mean? Only on the most crowded days?
Yes. Right now it's scheduled basically for the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas rushes. It will close in between those time frames.

Do you think anything can start to be dismantled or constructed during these outages since it will be reopening shortly after for a few weeks at a time? Or do you think it will be a slow replacement that only begins after a complete shutdown?

Do you think anything can start to be dismantled or constructed during these outages since it will be reopening shortly after for a few weeks at a time? Or do you think it will be a slow replacement that only begins after a complete shutdown?
Not sure.

I don't know why I think this could be the better option instead of seasonal but it could just be me: why not close one of the two theaters now and just run it on limited capacity so that way the conversion is quicker and if it really is Wreck-It Ralph it can open by the time the sequel comes out? I don't think stitch is a popular attraction so I don't see why not

Yes. Right now it's scheduled basically for the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas rushes. It will close in between those time frames.
That's too bad! I wanted my husband to smell the nastiness ;) my daughter will be upset she missed it on our last trip.

Okay, just basically stated by two known insiders that Stich will close by end of year or VERY,VERY, VERY early next year. With a full gutting of the building inside, and this was being fast tracked.

Per Martin and magicfeather at MDWMagic

Okay, just basically stated by two known insiders that Stich will close by end of year or VERY,VERY, VERY early next year. With a full gutting of the building inside, and this was being fast tracked.

Per Martin and magicfeather at MDWMagic
It's scheduled last day is January 2nd so my guess is it's done then.

Please just make Tomorrowland into a cohesive themed space port (again) with attractions that fit that theme and tie into the People Move, Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter. Make it immersive and not just a place where you throw attractions based on "sci-fi related Disney properties"

(and if the rumors are true .. how is Wreck-It-Ralph fit into Tomorrowland? It is historical .. if anything .. based on the old arcades from the 80s and 90s.)

Seasonal or gutted, it makes no difference to me. That ride is a one and done for me, super boring, not worth a walk on. However if enough people enjoy it, then leave it until a more suitable replacement ride can be made. I don't like seeing wasted space just sit around.

Seasonal or gutted, it makes no difference to me. That ride is a one and done for me, super boring, not worth a walk on. However if enough people enjoy it, then leave it until a more suitable replacement ride can be made. I don't like seeing wasted space just sit around.

Yea I think this would be my only issue. It makes me feel like this is just another cost cutting measure. But, as has been posted if they have plans for it, for another attraction and a gut. Well, great. This is what a lot of people have been asking for, props to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter