Stitch Replacement?

Honestly I don't really considering the Stitch attraction to be a ride. it's more of a show to me, like The Tiki Room or Country Bears. My daughter has a shoulder replacement and whenever the "safety bars" suddenly press down during Stitches escape it hurts her. I wish there was a way to go on it without dealing with those.

Before the "safety bars" come down at the start of the show, have her place her hands palm up about 5 inches above her shoulders. When the "safety bars" come down at the start of the show, they will hit her hands and stop descending (thinking it's a person's actual shoulders).

Not sure how far the "bars" push down when Stitch is jumping around on you, but I can't imagine it's more than a couple of inches. Her doing that should avoid having the "bars" even touch her shoulders at all during the show.

Unfortunately I can't confirm this. I've never done it, but I've heard it works from what others on the boards have said.

I've always held my shoulders up when the safety bars first came down and never had any issues throughout the show with them pushing down too far after that. Any other method of stopping the bars before they hit your shoulders should work the same.

I arrive the 2nd but I'm not rushing to go see stitch by any means.
I only thought Stitch was "ok" but I love the character and just wanted to say goodbye.
I guess I just like saying goodbye because earlier this month I was at cedar point and I was willing to let my spine get readjusted on mean streak but only didn't because it wasn't worth a 45 minute wait for a ride I only heard horror stories about.
I always seem to have the worst luck when it comes to new attractions/saying goodbye. Maelstrom by a month, backlot tour by 3 weeks, idol by a month, festival of fantasy by a few days, soft re-openings for festival of the lion king was I believe the day I got home, and my personal favorite, when I said goodbye to Snow White it stayed open for another 14 months. Only time I got lucky was when I was there for mine train opening and rode it the next day

Before the "safety bars" come down at the start of the show, have her place her hands palm up about 5 inches above her shoulders. When the "safety bars" come down at the start of the show, they will hit her hands and stop descending (thinking it's a person's actual shoulders).

Not sure how far the "bars" push down when Stitch is jumping around on you, but I can't imagine it's more than a couple of inches. Her doing that should avoid having the "bars" even touch her shoulders at all during the show.

Unfortunately I can't confirm this. I've never done it, but I've heard it works from what others on the boards have said.

It works. I do this every time.

I broke to the sad news to DS. Huge fan of Stitch. He wasn't happy that it won't be opened for the dates when we go in December. He's hoping that they make another attraction for Stitch. At least we're going to Ohana's for breakfast so he'll be able to meet Stitch.

I'd be happy if they restored it to the original ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. Just put a warning that it's going to be too scary for anyone under 12.

Yeah it was really a much better show overall.... not very Disney and probably not as much merchandising potential. But it was a very cool and frightening use of that space.

Seems like they made the change pretty soon after Jones was arrested.

I think a sweet replacement would be a Wreck it Ralph VR racing ride where you glitch into the future and race around. It covers both the Wreck it Ralph appeal, the Tomorrowland theme and can be done within the Stitch footprint....ride capacity could be an issue, though.

I finally got to see the Stitch version and was so disappointed. It could have been much better, but they just ruined the execution. I found it difficult to even understand what was supposed to be going on beyond Stitch escaping confinement. The audio was awful, both in quality and content.

I'd be happy with a return to the original alien encounter as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter