Stitch Replacement?

jpeden

DIS Veteran
I'm reading on WDWMAGIC that Stitch's Great Escape's days are numbered. Any truth to this?

I can't imagine that they will take away a stitch ride without a new one going in first. As awful and that ride is, as much as he deserves a better ride, Stitch is almost as popular as the big Mouse himself. Stitch merchandise sells. That "ride" is almost always full, diehard Stitch fans ride it anyway. (I do, just plug my nose during the chili dog!) I really hope Lilo and Stitch get an attraction that everyone will love. Until then, I think Disney will keep great escape in, just to drag in a few extra bucks from the gift shop.

We can finally quit yelling at people in the Stitch line that they are wasting their time and will regret it. I think almost anything, even Ellen's Energy Universe, would be better. Ellen's is boring, but it can suck up a lot of people for a long time.

I can't imagine that they will take away a stitch ride without a new one going in first. As awful and that ride is, as much as he deserves a better ride, Stitch is almost as popular as the big Mouse himself. Stitch merchandise sells. That "ride" is almost always full, diehard Stitch fans ride it anyway. (I do, just plug my nose during the chili dog!) I really hope Lilo and Stitch get an attraction that everyone will love. Until then, I think Disney will keep great escape in, just to drag in a few extra bucks from the gift shop.

LOL, can't tell if this post is serious?

The ride gets a lot of hate, and I understand why. But there is a part of me that does not want it to go away because Stitch is by far my favorite and most relatable character, and I love that he has an attraction I can visit. I've read that Stitch was anticipated to be this generation's Mickey Mouse. In a way, I think he really is almost that popular, though it's more of a cult following.

I'm ok with the ride going away if it's for something much better. (it better be at least as good as ExtraTerrorestrial.) But a part of me knows it won't mean a replacement Stitch ride any time soon, which makes me sad. A book report ride just doesn't work for most movies. The best thing I can think of is replacing Buzz with Stitch

I'm not on board with the universal hate the ride gets. I won't argue that it couldn't be much better, but it does sort of fit the character: irreverent, obnoxious, stinky, and a little noisy -- and throw in just a hint of scary if you're younger. The worst part, for me, is that the experience loses a lot on repeat visits.

I would love for Stitch to get something exciting. More importantly, I would love to see Tomorrowland get some much-needed attention and better themed rides.

But I still don't hate it! :stitch2:

I'd even take a switch-out to what they have in some of the other parks with Stitch - which is similar to Turtle Talk with Crush (though might be too similar of an experience to the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor to have them right across from one another)

@rteetz - would the simulator ride you are seeing coming be Stitch themed or something else?

I'd even take a switch-out to what they have in some of the other parks with Stitch - which is similar to Turtle Talk with Crush (though might be too similar of an experience to the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor to have them right across from one another)

@rteetz - would the simulator ride you are seeing coming be Stitch themed or something else?
It will not be stitch themed anymore.

The thread over at WDWMagic where the rumor originated pretty clearly lays out that it's a 3D ride, more similar to say Universal rides, featuring Wreck It Ralph. Now, they may be wrong - but that's the rumor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter