Ssshhhh This Time It's A Secret! Dec 2015 pre-trip report

tough choices. I would make sure that you felt there was enough to do at sea world for a whole week before you decided on that.

Joining in! We have just started planning our first December Disney trip! We've been in January and seen the end of the Christmas decorations, but we are like you! Soooo excited to see Disney at Christmas!

I'm just following all the trips going the same time I am! I can't wait and love seeing everyone's ideas to pass the time between booking and the actual trip. We are heading to WDW 11/12-11/21, I can't wait to see the Osbourne Lights, MVMCP, and the holiday wishes! I've never been to WDW, only Disneyland. Dh has been once when he was a kid, and the family we are going with has been a bunch of times.
We are trying to keep it a secret but will probably have to cave on that around September. The girls will be missing some school so we have to negotiate assignments, packing, ect. Since they are older it's much easier to have them help. Also my 13 year old is prone to anxiety when she is "surprised" with things, she would probably have a melt down if we waited until we wee leaving and then spend an hour running around the house repacking her stuff.:sad2:

Okay, so the plan is.....

to keep our December trip.....

and stop at the Disney waterparks on the way home from Ohio in July. (It's on the way to Louisiana...right?!?)

I'm working on a play list of songs to use on our long car trip to ohio/florida/home. We are going to blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon, so I am looking for a few songs that are beach or typhoon related. Any suggestions?

I don't know how I missed all you guys joining in! It's probably because they switched over to a new program. Sorry!!

Joining in! We have just started planning our first December Disney trip! We've been in January and seen the end of the Christmas decorations, but we are like you! Soooo excited to see Disney at Christmas!

:welcome: I've been wanting to go in early December for many years. So, so exited!

I'm just following all the trips going the same time I am! I can't wait and love seeing everyone's ideas to pass the time between booking and the actual trip. We are heading to WDW 11/12-11/21, I can't wait to see the Osbourne Lights, MVMCP, and the holiday wishes! I've never been to WDW, only Disneyland. Dh has been once when he was a kid, and the family we are going with has been a bunch of times.
We are trying to keep it a secret but will probably have to cave on that around September. The girls will be missing some school so we have to negotiate assignments, packing, ect. Since they are older it's much easier to have them help. Also my 13 year old is prone to anxiety when she is "surprised" with things, she would probably have a melt down if we waited until we wee leaving and then spend an hour running around the house repacking her stuff.:sad2:

:welcome: Your first WDW trip, how exciting! I don't think I would surprise Hope if it was her first trip. She actually wants to be surprised (strange kid!)

Joining in! We will be there December 13 - 19!

:welcome: I have no idea what our dates will be. We may be there at the same time!

Christmas party dates are out! There seems to be more dates in early December than I was expecting. Now to pick one! :santa:

Okay, so I'm looking at either Sunday, December 6th or Tuesday, December 8th for our very first MVMCP! I think the 8th will be less crowded, but I'd love to go on the 6th for St. Nicholas Day. :surfweb:

When are you December peeps going?
:wave2::santa:

I thought about that, and we will hop at least once, that's a given. The question is if do AK first will we be in line for more than an hour to ride TT and Soarin' in the afternoon?

Consider setting up your FP+ for Epcot in the afternoon when you plan to hop there. If you get to AK for RD (or morning EMH), you have a good chance of doing the major rides with not a huge wait. Then explore, then hop and your FP+ will be waiting for you. We have done this with success, but YMMV.

-SW

Following along.

We will be:

8-10 Dec at WL
10 Dec at Hyatt MCO
11-14 Dec Disney Dream 3 night Bahamas (first part of b2b)
14-18 Dec Disney Dream 4 night Bahamas (second part b2b)
18 Dec at AoA LM room
18 Dec MVMCP; no other parks during trip

-SW

Consider setting up your FP+ for Epcot in the afternoon when you plan to hop there. If you get to AK for RD (or morning EMH), you have a good chance of doing the major rides with not a huge wait. Then explore, then hop and your FP+ will be waiting for you. We have done this with success, but YMMV.

-SW

We may just do that! Thanks!

Following along.

We will be:

8-10 Dec at WL
10 Dec at Hyatt MCO
11-14 Dec Disney Dream 3 night Bahamas (first part of b2b)
14-18 Dec Disney Dream 4 night Bahamas (second part b2b)
18 Dec at AoA LM room
18 Dec MVMCP; no other parks during trip

-SW
That sounds like a great trip. We really enjoyed our disney cruise.

Looks like we have a whole slew of family joining us in December. And it looks like we will rent a condo in Emerald Island.

The condo is booked. Joining the three of us on this trip is my older cousin (second mom) and her husband. Also their daughter (my younger cousin), her husband and their 3 little ones.

It cost each of us $255 for the week. So now I'm under budget for my trip so far.:cool1:

But these cousins of mine are going to hit quite a few disney dining establishments. And I'm sure I will join them at a few...so that makes my food budget go up.

We plan on cooking in the condo for breakfast every morning. I will try to get a pre-park open at Be Our Guest. Cousins are looking at Be Our Guest, Cinderellas Royal Table, 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Working on the other meals now.

Okay, so the plan is.....

to keep our December trip.....

and stop at the Disney waterparks on the way home from Ohio in July. (It's on the way to Louisiana...right?!?)

I LIKE you way of thinking! Sure, it is only a little detour to go to the waterparks!

I'm working on a play list of songs to use on our long car trip to ohio/florida/home. We are going to blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon, so I am looking for a few songs that are beach or typhoon related. Any suggestions?

There is an older WDW DVD where kids are dancing on the various beaches and in the waterparks. Its has lots of beach songs in it. I will have to look at the title of it when I get home. It might have a CD out too with just the songs. Not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter