Ssshhhh This Time It's A Secret! Dec 2015 pre-trip report

You've got another reader! So good to read about your husband. My own was given the "either change your eating habits or start insulin" talk two years ago and he was scared silly. He totally changed his habits, like your husband! I was completely impressed by it. It took a lot of hard work on his part - and still does.

Anyway, congrats on your pending trip! Can't wait to read more. : )

I guess the question is...does it take more time to hop a second time Epcot-Ak-Epcot or does it take more time to wait in the lines for Soarin' and Test Track?

I don't think I would hop twice in one day. I think you would end up spending lots of valuable park time hopping. Remember that you generally have to factor at least an hour every time you transfer. 2 hops mean at least 2 hours of going back and forth.

Yay for a trip report. Be sure to put a link for it here when you go to post.

You've got another reader! So good to read about your husband. My own was given the "either change your eating habits or start insulin" talk two years ago and he was scared silly. He totally changed his habits, like your husband! I was completely impressed by it. It took a lot of hard work on his part - and still does.

Anyway, congrats on your pending trip! Can't wait to read more. : )

He has two siblings on insulin and two on metformin. (not sure if I spelled that right) His numbers are so good that he isn't on anything. He's gone down to a 36 waist and he's been a 38 for more than 26 years. Glad to hear your husband is doing the work as well.

Thanks!

I don't think I would hop twice in one day. I think you would end up spending lots of valuable park time hopping. Remember that you generally have to factor at least an hour every time you transfer. 2 hops mean at least 2 hours of going back and forth.

Yay for a trip report. Be sure to put a link for it here when you go to post.

I thought about that, and we will hop at least once, that's a given. The question is if do AK first will we be in line for more than an hour to ride TT and Soarin' in the afternoon?

Thanks, I will. I didn't realize how much work was involved sorting through all the pictures and trying to get everything in the right order. I plan to start this week!

I guess the question is...does it take more time to hop a second time Epcot-Ak-Epcot or does it take more time to wait in the lines for Soarin' and Test Track?
I wouldn't hop twice either. For the time of year you are going lines won't be awful. I think it is a better use of your time to do AK and then EPCOT. Just my 2 cents.

I've started planning for 2015 also but not until December...need to pass the time...the family can only take so much of my Disney rambling...LOL

I've started planning for 2015 also but not until December...need to pass the time...the family can only take so much of my Disney rambling...LOL

:welcome: Yeah, I think my husband is tired of hearing about the tr and pre tr.:confused3:rotfl2:

:wave2: Hi, joining in!

I really love surprise trips because my favorite trip was a surprise.

Can't wait to see the shirts that you are making!

:wave2: Hi, joining in!

I really love surprise trips because my favorite trip was a surprise.

Can't wait to see the shirts that you are making!

:welcome:

I have the tie dye part done, but not the heat press vinyl part. Hopefully my DH will work on that tomorrow!

My shirts still aren't done...hopefully we will work on them tonight. In the meantime this is what we have so far.

The pillowcase (not 100% cotton)

One of the shirts

I soaked them in soda ash for a few hours.

This is my dye bath. It's liquid Rit and very hot water. I remembered to add salt after the first shirt was done.

And here they are before I went to bed. It's humid where we live so I didn't use plastic wrap.

Stayed tuned for the results!

Excited to see the shirts!!! you daughter is adorable. Loved the TB pictures!

Epcot takes us a while to get through. We like to hit a LOT of the buildings too much stuff to touch!! LOL yes test track and Soarin are long waits!

Hey what do i get for being first?!?! :rotfl2:

Excited to see the shirts!!! you daughter is adorable. Loved the TB pictures!

Yeah, they still aren't done...maybe tonight! Thank you, I love looking back to old Disney trips.

Epcot takes us a while to get through. We like to hit a LOT of the buildings too much stuff to touch!! LOL yes test track and Soarin are long waits!

Decisions, decisions. Good thing I have a long time to figure it out.:rotfl2:

Hey what do i get for being first?!?! :rotfl2:

I'll buy you a dole whip. You just have to meet me at Magic Kingdom.:lmao:
;)

I'm excited to read your PTR! We'll be there the same time! :banana:

I loved your TB pictures - Hope looked so sweet, and it's always fun to see how they change!

We're also homeschoolers, and if all goes according to plan, I hope to create a few fun lesson plans around EP and AK. So many fun things to learn.

Personally, Our family really loves the extra time at AK. But, if I had to PH, I'd make FP+ times for the second park, and hope that RD and early day waits were low - by the second week of Sept, they should be. EE and Kali are the only 2 that'd likely cause any real wait times at AK.

Looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming trip. :)

I'm excited to read your PTR! We'll be there the same time! :banana:

I loved your TB pictures - Hope looked so sweet, and it's always fun to see how they change!

We're also homeschoolers, and if all goes according to plan, I hope to create a few fun lesson plans around EP and AK. So many fun things to learn.

Personally, Our family really loves the extra time at AK. But, if I had to PH, I'd make FP+ times for the second park, and hope that RD and early day waits were low - by the second week of Sept, they should be. EE and Kali are the only 2 that'd likely cause any real wait times at AK.

Looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming trip. :)

:welcome: Maybe we'll bump into each other!

Thanks.

Will your lessons be before you go (about what you are going to see) or will they be for while you are at the parks?

We really should have gone to AK on our last trip but needed to cut out something since we were doing Universal. Hope was really young last time and I don't think she remembers much. She really loves animals, so I know she will enjoy it.

The good thing is we have old park hoppers that don't expire, so if our one day at AK/Epcot or our one party day at MK isn't enough, we can always go an extra day. But then we either have to cut out a water park day or a rest day.

:welcome: Maybe we'll bump into each other!

Thanks.

Will your lessons be before you go (about what you are going to see) or will they be for while you are at the parks?

We really should have gone to AK on our last trip but needed to cut out something since we were doing Universal. Hope was really young last time and I don't think she remembers much. She really loves animals, so I know she will enjoy it.

The good thing is we have old park hoppers that don't expire, so if our one day at AK/Epcot or our one party day at MK isn't enough, we can always go an extra day. But then we either have to cut out a water park day or a rest day.

It'd be great if we do run into each other!!

My plan is to do some lessons and activities about the countries prior to our trip. And a few about animals and conservation. Though everything before the trip will be aimed at whetting the appetite, once we get there, I'm hoping something will pique their interest enough to encourage further exploration once we get home.

My girls would be 1st and 3rd grade, so nothing overly in-depth by any means. ;)

Looking forward to seeing the shirts.

Shirts are done! Well, most of them anyways. I'll try to post them tonight.

It'd be great if we do run into each other!!

My plan is to do some lessons and activities about the countries prior to our trip. And a few about animals and conservation. Though everything before the trip will be aimed at whetting the appetite, once we get there, I'm hoping something will pique their interest enough to encourage further exploration once we get home.

My girls would be 1st and 3rd grade, so nothing overly in-depth by any means. ;)

We start biology in January, so the animal thing will fit in perfectly!

Saturday we put the vinyl on the shirts...well everyone's shirt but mine. We were also making a pillowcase and shirt for a birthday party and we didn't have enough black.

So here is my shirt without vinyl. It almost looks like a Mickey head.

Dave's orange Mickey head isn't big enough for his pumpkin, so I plan to go back and add some orange to just that spot.

Here is Hope's and shirt I made for my nephew.

Lastly is the pillowcase.

Not much orange, but that will be better for the signatures.

Those shirts are awesome! I love the Mickey pumpkin head, so so cute! I really like the pillow case idea...may have to do that this year if the kiddos will agree ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter