Ssshhhh This Time It's A Secret! Dec 2015 pre-trip report

Those shirts are awesome! I love the Mickey pumpkin head, so so cute! I really like the pillow case idea...may have to do that this year if the kiddos will agree ;)

Thank you. Hope and my nephew wore their shirts to the pumpkin patch last week.

I might have to take your pillowcase idea!

I love the shirts they came out great. :)

Thanks, but it wasn't my idea. If I remember correctly, I got it from someone's trip report years ago.

The shirts came out great.

I was wondering how you were making them at home without Hope being in the know. But now I realize that she must have been in on the making of the shirts and she just thought that you made them for a fun Halloween shirt for this year since you made one for your nephew too.

Do you have a place where you will be staying already picked out?

Mid September would be a great time to go. The weather will be nice and there should be very low crowds.

The shirts came out great.

I was wondering how you were making them at home without Hope being in the know. But now I realize that she must have been in on the making of the shirts and she just thought that you made them for a fun Halloween shirt for this year since you made one for your nephew too.

Do you have a place where you will be staying already picked out?

Mid September would be a great time to go. The weather will be nice and there should be very low crowds.

Thanks! This isn't the first time I have done this. We made Christmas ones a couple of years ago. We wore those on our Disney cruise and she didn't know about the trip at the time. You'd think she would have caught on this time...but she didn't.

We aren't staying on site, so I may do priceline when we get closer to the trip.

We've been in September once before and it was super hot on our Animal Kingdom day. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. We are rather spoiled with going in the off season. Our last trips have been in October, September & January.

Well, for the first of what I am sure will be many major changes, we are now going in December!

It first started with us getting word that the Pope will be visiting the US in September. We started to talk about going there instead of Disney. I still hadn't made a firm decision.
Then at Christmas my cousin tells me she is getting married next December at Disney.

So looks like I'll get to see Christmas at Disney...finally!

Looks like a need to change the name of my pre-trip report. And I guess I'll change my color from Halloween Orange to Christmas Green.

Does this take away the surprise factor? But fun that you will get to see disney at christmas!

As of now, I still plan on surprising her. That may have to change if her Godmother asks her to be in the wedding. It should be a really low key wedding, so I think I'll still be able to pull off the surprise.

Looks like I need to make new shirts!

That's a big change!!!

Yet now you get to see the castle in lights!!! fantastic!!! Sorry i missed the chance to wish you a Merry Christmas but wanted to stop in a wish you:

top-beautiful-disney-happy-new-year-clipart-1.jpg

Christmas time at WDW...I am SO jealous! I want to go during that time so badly! Congrats on the change!

That's a big change!!!

Yet now you get to see the castle in lights!!! fantastic!!! Sorry i missed the chance to wish you a Merry Christmas but wanted to stop in a wish you:

top-beautiful-disney-happy-new-year-clipart-1.jpg

Thank you! Happy New Year to you as well. We are still celebrating Christmas. We wrap up our Christmas season on Epiphany, so Merry Christmas to you.:thumbsup2

Christmas time at WDW...I am SO jealous! I want to go during that time so badly! Congrats on the change!

Sisa, I have been trying to get to Disney at Christmas time for years now! When Hope was 2 we decided to go for a few days on our way home from spending Thanksgiving in Ohio. Well the truck caught fire on the way to Ohio (in Tennessee), and when I say fire I mean 5 ft wall of flames shooting out of the tailpipe when I pulled onto the side of the interstate.

With it being the holidays it took a while for them to fix it. So we went to Dollywood instead.:sad:

There have been at least two other attempts, while not quite as dramatic they failed as well.

We'll see what we get with 2015. ;)

Sisa, I have been trying to get to Disney at Christmas time for years now! When Hope was 2 we decided to go for a few days on our way home from spending Thanksgiving in Ohio. Well the truck caught fire on the way to Ohio (in Tennessee), and when I say fire I mean 5 ft wall of flames shooting out of the tailpipe when I pulled onto the side of the interstate.

With it being the holidays it took a while for them to fix it. So we went to Dollywood instead.:sad:

There have been at least two other attempts, while not quite as dramatic they failed as well.

We'll see what we get with 2015. ;)

Aw, what rotten luck. I would be so depressed knowing I was on my way there and the truck prevented us from going. That's so sad. I've never been to Dollywood, but I can imagine it didn't hold up to Disney standards.

Well, I sure hope this time it truly works out this year for you!!! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you.

Aw, what rotten luck. I would be so depressed knowing I was on my way there and the truck prevented us from going. That's so sad. I've never been to Dollywood, but I can imagine it didn't hold up to Disney standards.

Well, I sure hope this time it truly works out this year for you!!! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks!!!

So since the last big change we have nixed the DC/Pope trip. Watching the news reports of him in South America (where 6 million people showed up) we decided to wait until we go to Rome.

So now September is free. Do we move our trip back to September?

Then a family friend starts talking to us about cruising together (we both have daughters that are only children and it would be nice for Hope to have a friend along.) Well that didn't work out. But talking about cruising with Hope made me realize she wants to swim with dolphins.

Then I start looking up the prices for Discovery Cove. It's crazy expensive, but they give you 2 weeks at Sea World/Aquatica. So we could go for a week and do just that.

But we already have Disney Waterpark tickets that we've never used. So maybe we should just go back to our September plans.

But I really want to see Disney at Christmas (and my cousin says she getting married then. Although a year ago she said she was getting married on a cruise so that may change again.)

So I'm still planning on a December trip. Maybe it'll be warm enough for us to do a waterpark. :lmao:
[/COLOR]

Hi! I'm joining in! We are going to be there around the same time as you. This is our first trip, we are in California so we usually go to Disneyland. I'm looking forward to seeing you plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter