SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
dvcterry said:
A little sad, the SSR spa will be closed for refurb when we come down for our February trip. Was looking forward to using spa services at SSR. Saw that Senses will open January 16th at Grand Floridian, and then SSR spa will close until summer. Bummer. :guilty:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/senses-a-disney-spa-at-disneys-grand-floridian-resort-opening-december-17/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+Blog%29

Thats a shame. It was the other way around oddly enough when we were just there. The GF spa was closed and guests were using SSR. We havent used the GF but understand it is a similar quality. Hope it works out for you. You could always sneak in a 3 night cruise on the disney Dream. We did a last minute deal got a really good price even kept out room at SSR whilst on it. The ship had a lovely spa! Expensive way around it though lol. Worth every penny!

HOLY CATFISH!!!!!!!

THIS ROCKS!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Great Job on this....answers alot of questions

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Which section to stay in is a very subjective question. The sections are very different, and the things that are important to you will influence which you like best.

I've attempted to come up with some pros and cons for each section as a tool in choosing. You can find them in this FAQ I posted way back on page 139.

Hi everyone! My DH and myself are thinking about adding another small contract and we are looking at SSR as our 2nd home resort (we own at AKV now)

Can everyone tell me what they love about SSR? I would love some opinions from some loyal fans :goodvibes

Hi everyone! My DH and myself are thinking about adding another small contract and we are looking at SSR as our 2nd home resort (we own at AKV now)

Can everyone tell me what they love about SSR? I would love some opinions from some loyal fans :goodvibes

We own at SSR, BLT, & BWV. We like BLT & BWV for the close park proximities. We like SSR for the relaxation, the resort style, and proximity to DTD. And, one day we hope to stay at THV and use that booking window to get it.

rusafee1183 said:

Hi! Me and DW have two contracts for SSR because we love it so much. We love the laid back atmosphere, being close to downtown disney, being able to park outside the room blocks ( I am disabled ) , its flat and easy to get around, there are some lovely pools with zero entry, it has a spa, there is plenty of choice as each section for example the paddock, the springs etc offers differing strengths and weaknesses. It has a full service restaurant ( surf and turf ) , we like to dine both in and out of disney and like its location to the outside restaurants such as the olive garden, applebees etc. hth

Hey guys! Need some advice please!

How warm are the pools at SSR in the winter months? We are going early November and heard they are really cold. We went in August last year and one of our favourite things was the warm pools.

Please help! :blush:

Hey guys! Need some advice please!

How warm are the pools at SSR in the winter months? We are going early November and heard they are really cold. We went in August last year and one of our favourite things was the warm pools.

Please help! :blush:
The pools are heated, but not to the point where they're warm. It really just takes the edge off. There are always the hot tubs, too, which are nice and toasty. Of course, what you really need to worry about is when you get out.

BirdsOfPreyDave said:
The pools are heated, but not to the point where they're warm. It really just takes the edge off. There are always the hot tubs, too, which are nice and toasty. Of course, what you really need to worry about is when you get out.

Thankyou! So is the water noticeably cooler than summer months? Or pretty similar?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The water is cooler than summer, but we haven't found it to be too cold as long as the day temps are at least in the 70's.

We do find the water to be very warm in the summer, almost unpleasant.

I can tell you, that my 10 days there in Oct the air temps were 45-80. :eek:

I thought the pool was 68-70. No more, no less.

you wont cook in the pool, but it may seem chilly.

hope I did not make more confusion...............:confused3

We started out first SSR (first DVC) homestay yesterday. So far we are happy with the resort. Although, we really haven't explored it; arrived, unpacked, hit MK, crashed. We are in CP room 1114. That's ground floor, last building, next to trail to DTD. I requested CP and that is what we got. Thank you CM for honoring that request; nfext time I'll also request DTD view. While our room is nice (nothing broken/missing) there is no view. Well...we have a view of the "woods;" no DTD, no balloon. The room is renovated, has the new RFID locks. Quiet location.

DD wants to go to Universal today...kicking myself that we didn't plan ahead and buy discounted tickets. Where does that park get off charging so much, don't they know they aren't Disney, not even close. Oh, perhaps that is a discussion for a different forum. :cool2:

We are going next October and I would like to request CP, upper floor, DTD view in the buildings with the numbers 2101-2436.
May someone tell me exact numbers of the studiosnin these buildings?
Greets from Germany

We are going next October and I would like to request CP, upper floor, DTD view in the buildings with the numbers 2101-2436.
Greets from Germany

we left yesterday and had 1701 which is a studio with a downtown view.

Greets from Germany
Check out FAQ #7b in this thread. There's a link to a room diagram.

Heading to SSR for the 1st time. we do own, never stayed
BONUS: taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP...:thumbsup2

Excited for this....also meeting my brother & his family @ SSR for their 1st visit. :cool1:

Robin "D" :santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter