SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so cool. We used the High Rocks pool at the Springs. The THV have a pool but we like a bar with our pool ;)

Brought food out from Artist Palette which was terrific. We got two flatbreads and a chicken Caesar salad. They also accept the TiW card.

There is the cutest gentleman in the lobby who has a pin board and the kids made sure to visit him when possible and trade. He was there when we checked in so I'm glad we found him at the beginning of the trip.

My daughter made friends with the THV bus drivers so they'd drop us at our villa instead of the bus stop- super cool.

I couldn't be happier with our purchase at SSR and can't wait to stay in the regular section.

Well, who doesn't like a bar with their pool. :lmao: It sounds like you had a little extra Disney magic, which makes the trip even that much more special.

I've been a DCV owner for 2 years and haven't yet stayed at my Home Resort-SSR. Now that I've read most of this thread, I'm looking forward to my first stay at SSR, which will be in 35 days.

I've been a DCV owner for 2 years and haven't yet stayed at my Home Resort-SSR. Now that I've read most of this thread, I'm looking forward to my first stay at SSR, which will be in 35 days.

We tried to keep it our secret, that SSR is a nice resort, but apparently, it is not working. Have a great trip.

We just spent five days at THV. Overall, we loved the layout of the villa and the extra bedroom. The one negative is the distance to SSR and all of the amenities. We ended up parking at the Springs everyday to avoid the extra wait for the THV bus.

DCLaholic-mom said:
The whole door. As someone coming from DCL into the SSR community, I have been trained to hang magnets on the door. If you have been on a Disney cruise, you will know what I am talking about.

DVC asks that no decorations be hung outside your room.

DCLaholic-mom said:
The whole door. As someone coming from DCL into the SSR community, I have been trained to hang magnets on the door. If you have been on a Disney cruise, you will know what I am talking about.

Yes it is dcl tradition. Heck they even hang the welcome home magnets on the doors.

Sounds great. We have not done a THV - maybe one year. But, there are only the four of us, so we really don't need to space. It would be fun to stay there, though.

We stayed in a THV last week, just the four of us. Seemed a little crazy with just 4 people, but DD8 loved the bunkbed and DS11 much preferred to have his own room away from DD. We probably won't do it again now that it's more points than a 2 bedroom, but it was lots of fun!

We stayed in a THV last week, just the four of us. Seemed a little crazy with just 4 people, but DD8 loved the bunkbed and DS11 much preferred to have his own room away from DD. We probably won't do it again now that it's more points than a 2 bedroom, but it was lots of fun!

Sounds like a lot of fun. We did a stay in a 2 BR villa in Gatlinburg and the two dds shared a room, which they do not at home, but each had their own single bed and a tv in their bedroom. When I asked them their favorite part (individually), they said it was the hotel room. :lmao:

The THV is definitely a plan, but agree, it is a lot of points.

PrincessMom4 said:
We are going to stay at our home resort for the first time on our next trip.

Have a fantastic trip! Let us know how it was at SSR and WDW when you get back! Must be so exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

With only three weeks to go until our SSR homestay, the weather has turned in the mid-Atlantic region. DW used the unexpected couple of extra days off from work to switch over / clean out DD's wardrobe. I did the same with my own. Best part about this is we decided to go ahead and pack for our trip; won't be needing those clothes up here. So, we are half-way packed already. That's a record.

Hello SSR Lovers!! We are very close to finishing a deal to get SSR thru resale, and I was hoping you guys could give me some idea of how the suites are? We are a family of 4--right now, me, my husband, and 2 sons--2 and 4 years old. Is the suite a decent size for us? Unfortunately, it looks like that is all we would be able to afford based on the points we have purchased. The resort looks very nice, but I'm hoping the room is a decent size for us and a step up from our usual stay at Pop Century or All stars? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Hello SSR Lovers!! We are very close to finishing a deal to get SSR thru resale, and I was hoping you guys could give me some idea of how the suites are? We are a family of 4--right now, me, my husband, and 2 sons--2 and 4 years old. Is the suite a decent size for us? Unfortunately, it looks like that is all we would be able to afford based on the points we have purchased. The resort looks very nice, but I'm hoping the room is a decent size for us and a step up from our usual stay at Pop Century or All stars? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

The studio sleeps 4 with a queen size bed and a sleeper sofa. My family is 2 adults and 2 dds (10 & 8) and we still stay in studios. Having stayed at all 3, the studio is slightly larger that the All Star and POP rooms.

Definitely nicer than Pop and a much bigger room plus it's actually soundproofed and the place is so nice and quiet.

My 4 kids share the studio side of our room at SSR and it is way more space than they need.

My boys always take the pull out couch when we use the lock off style and they are 8 & nearly 7 and they still have quite a few years before they outgrow sharing the pullout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter