SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't going to post on this thread till the contract on our SSR resale was fully done but I'm really excited and can't wait till I can book our first stay

moose615 said:
I wasn't going to post on this thread till the contract on our SSR resale was fully done but I'm really excited and can't wait till I can book our first stay

Howdy neighbor to be. Bring a bacon rum cake by when you get the deed

disdadIL said:
Howdy neighbor to be. Bring a bacon rum cake by when you get the deed

That actually sounds good haha, I will do, I knew Norm has an SSR , didn't know you did too.

moose615 said:
That actually sounds good haha, I will do, I knew Norm has an SSR , didn't know you did too.

Yup. 110 points. Bought this summer. Haven't used yet

disdadIL said:
Yup. 110 points. Bought this summer. Haven't used yet

I'm not sure when we will stay there, we have 2 vacations in planning state and neither are for SSR, I'm gonna shoot for the 3rd lol, oddly enough we almost rented points for a trip next month at SSR but that got put on hold for now , thought it would of been funny to stay there before the contract closes

AirGoofy said:
Looks like the thread has been invaded. Make sure you plan to try out the rockers at SSR.

That's a great tip, I tend to overlook the little things sometimes

Hello ! :goodvibes

I posted a few weeks back. I just rented points from a member, and had my first stay at a DVC, and first stay at SSR. I arrived at midday on a Tuesday. The stay at a place on the other side of Orlando the previous 5 nights left me exhausted, irritable and very tired. IT was noon, and my NSSMHP was that nite.
I thought, this is not going to go well. I got to the check in, and calmly told the lady I was very tired, and wanted absolute quiet- impossible at disney, I told her, but close to it would be nice. I did not care where, just quiet- and may I please go and rest and recoup. Two ladies helped out, and I got a room in the Grandstand , section 85. Turns out there were like just a couple of us there, IN THE WHOLE BUILDING. I never, ever heard a thing the entire 10 days, maybe saw 5 people total at the pool, and very few at the bus stop. Someone delivered me to the door, made sure I could work everything in the room, and I went into a coma. When I awoke I went out and went to the party(very nice) the entire stay was fantastic. When I got sick, bell service drove me two miles to instacare, and offered to come back and get me. I had them come early the day I was leaving. The artist palatte staff and all others were great. The room was very clean, and I had no complaints. I got a box to send back home UPS, and used a lot of services. TOP TEN STAFF!
I raved so much, my DH said he would go next trip!
I amy not be a DVC owner, but this resort is my home now. :goodvibes

Hello ! :goodvibes

I posted a few weeks back. I just rented points from a member, and had my first stay at a DVC, and first stay at SSR. I arrived at midday on a Tuesday. The stay at a place on the other side of Orlando the previous 5 nights left me exhausted, irritable and very tired. IT was noon, and my NSSMHP was that nite.
I thought, this is not going to go well. I got to the check in, and calmly told the lady I was very tired, and wanted absolute quiet- impossible at disney, I told her, but close to it would be nice. I did not care where, just quiet- and may I please go and rest and recoup. Two ladies helped out, and I got a room in the Grandstand , section 85. Turns out there were like just a couple of us there, IN THE WHOLE BUILDING. I never, ever heard a thing the entire 10 days, maybe saw 5 people total at the pool, and very few at the bus stop. Someone delivered me to the door, made sure I could work everything in the room, and I went into a coma. When I awoke I went out and went to the party(very nice) the entire stay was fantastic. When I got sick, bell service drove me two miles to instacare, and offered to come back and get me. I had them come early the day I was leaving. The artist palatte staff and all others were great. The room was very clean, and I had no complaints. I got a box to send back home UPS, and used a lot of services. TOP TEN STAFF!
I raved so much, my DH said he would go next trip!
I amy not be a DVC owner, but this resort is my home now. :goodvibes

Sorry you were ill but glad you had a great service at the resort.

Hello! I'm not a DVC owner, but was lucky enough to be upgraded from AOA Little Mermaid to a 1 bedroom villa at SSR. I'm very excited to stay here! If you book through Disney, do you think it's best to have a section request on your reservation or just ask at check in? We will be there over Christmas.

Hello! I'm not a DVC owner, but was lucky enough to be upgraded from AOA Little Mermaid to a 1 bedroom villa at SSR. I'm very excited to stay here! If you book through Disney, do you think it's best to have a section request on your reservation or just ask at check in? We will be there over Christmas.

Have it put on your reservation so when they are assigning rooms, they can deal with it.

Hey folks, my brother & his GF will be staying at SSR the week after Thanksgiving. I just put in a room request for them. I requested Congress Park, upper floor, Downtown Disney view, if possible. So how do the experts think I did? :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

Hey folks, my brother & his GF will be staying at SSR the week after Thanksgiving. I just put in a room request for them. I requested Congress Park, upper floor, Downtown Disney view, if possible. So how do the experts think I did? :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

Hey, based on this I would let you book my vacations! :thumbsup2 It's our favorite area of SSR! Good Job!

This will beour 1st stay at SSR, and taking Mom to her 1st
MVMCP. We will be checvking in on a Wedenesday for two days.
Want to show Mom how great DVC is....

Question:

Where should I request to stay? :confused3
Not sure about SSR. I have been there, but never stayed there.
Any hidden secert places to stay.....Remember, this is Mom's 1st stay @ a DVC resort.
booked a Studio

Please help

Thanks

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

Robin"D" said:

Question:

Any hidden secert places to stay.....Remember, this is Mom's 1st stay @ a DVC resort.
booked a Studio

Please help

Thanks

Hi

I hope you all have a lovely time. We have stayed in most of the blocks now, we also have a studio and no kids just me and DW. Whilst they are all nice our favourite is The Grandstand. It has a lovely quiet pool, its near the artist palette ( main building with reception and the food court etc ) and near bus stops. Also for me being disabled the walk up to the artist pallet is not as steep as it is from the approach of blocks like the springs. I think the worst block is the carousel but thats just my personal view.

Has anyone used the Magical Express from the airport to SSR? any tips? How long does it take and how many stops are there?

Has anyone used the Magical Express from the airport to SSR? any tips? How long does it take and how many stops are there?
Magical Express builds buses based on who is in the airport waiting. There isn't necessarily a set route for those buses. I can tell you that if you're ever on the bus with me, my resort will be the last one they go to. ;)

It really isn't too bad on the DME bus. Plan on about an hour after you leave the airport, give or take. I do have to say, though, the first time we rented a car after having used DME for many trips, we both turned to one-another and said, "Wait... how did we get here so quick?"

My only DME tip is to not put things in the overhead compartment unless the bus is crowded and you have to. Out of sight, out of mind. I lost a very nice hat by putting it up there. Didn't even think about it until hours later, and it never showed up at lost and found.

Robin"D";46704402 said:

Question:

booked a Studio

Please help

Thanks

Which section to stay in is a very subjective question. The sections are very different, and the things that are important to you will influence which you like best.

I've attempted to come up with some pros and cons for each section as a tool in choosing. You can find them in this FAQ I posted way back on page 139.

BirdsOfPreyDave said:
Which section to stay in is a very subjective question. The sections are very different, and the things that are important to you will influence which you like best.

I've attempted to come up with some pros and cons for each section as a tool in choosing. You can find them in this FAQ I posted way back on page 139.

Having stayed at all sections, my only advice is that if you would like to walk to DD (versus taking the bus or boat) then request not to be at Carousel. It is a LONG hike to DD from there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter