SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
disneyfan4u said:
Has anyone ever used the Spa? Is there a place to go for prices? I would love to plan ahead but can't find anything on the spa. :confused3

It's currently owned by Nikki Bryant, www.relaxedyet.com, but I understand it is changing to Disney owned soon.

I will be at SSR Thursday night. My first DV rental. I am planning on using the spa. I will let you all know. :goodvibes

I need a neck and scalp massage, and goodness knows what else. :rolleyes1

When we were at SSR in August, the gated-area into SSR from DVC Way was closed for construction. Does anyone know if it is open now? We are headed there in a few days and I need to give directions to family meeting us there.

Club rentals are $45, $15 for a partial set, and free to juniors. They have both Titleist and Cobra to chose from. Rental is free to resort guests if you pay a non-discounted greens fee. I guess you'd need to do the math to figure out if the DVC discount on the greens fee or the free clubs would net you the best deal.

Thank you so very much!! :thumbsup2

"The bridge?" IS there something special about the bridge? (I like history) I was just wondering why it is in quotes? Beautiful picture by the way.

Thank you. I always take bridge photos when I visit SSR. I personally think of the bridge as the icon of SSR. Sort of like the castle at MK or spaceship earth at EPCOT.

Question: (I am only on pg 24 of the thread so excuse my stupidity) What are people saying when they talk about, "lock off" and "dedicated."

KLeonard - Is the bridge hard to find? I love bridges for some reason. I do not like driving on some of them, but they are pretty to look at. May I have permission to copy your picture?

DCLaholic-mom said:
Question: (I am only on pg 24 of the thread so excuse my stupidity) What are people saying when they talk about, "lock off" and "dedicated."

A lock-off is a studio connected to a one bedroom via an inside connecting door. There are 2 entrances to the units.

A dedicated is a 2 bedroom with one entrance.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Club rentals are $45, $15 for a partial set, and free to juniors. They have both Titleist and Cobra to chose from. Rental is free to resort guests if you pay a non-discounted greens fee. I guess you'd need to do the math to figure out if the DVC discount on the greens fee or the free clubs would net you the best deal.

How about if one just wants to use the driving range? I know a bucket of balls is $7. My husband is convinced that they will have pro shop "demos" like many of the courses he is used. I am thinking Disney is a little different in that they are not so much into providing the use of demo clubs that they hope will lead to sales as much as more traditional golf course pro shops. Would the driving range use fall into the $15 partial set you cited above?

KLeonard - Is the bridge hard to find? I love bridges for some reason. I do not like driving on some of them, but they are pretty to look at. May I have permission to copy your picture?

The bridge connects the Springs (check-in and one of the feature pools) with the Paddocks (the other feature pool). The bridge is pretty much in the middle of the resort. I do not put restrictions on my photos, you may copy if you wish.

The bridge connects the Springs (check-in and one of the feature pools) with the Paddocks (the other feature pool). The bridge is pretty much in the middle of the resort. I do not put restrictions on my photos, you may copy if you wish.

We had a 1 BR in that building closest to the bridge and our balcony overlooked the lake and bridge. It was a great view to wake up to in the morning. That was before the new pool was built. DW wants to stay in Paddock again for new pool. I want to stay in CP for DTD view/ walk.

Question about online check in requests.

There is no option to choose the Spings, but there is an option for all other sections. There is "near the Carriage House." Would this be my choice for Springs?

Thanks!

We had a 1 BR in that building closest to the bridge and our balcony overlooked the lake and bridge. It was a great view to wake up to in the morning. That was before the new pool was built. DW wants to stay in Paddock again for new pool. I want to stay in CP for DTD view/ walk.
I think we all know how that works. Enjoy the Paddock.

allymouse said:
Question about online check in requests.

There is no option to choose the Spings, but there is an option for all other sections. There is "near the Carriage House." Would this be my choice for Springs?

Thanks!

Could they be doing a refurb which is why it does not appear? Or have they finished The Springs?

Could they be doing a refurb which is why it does not appear? Or have they finished The Springs?

I was under the impression it was complete.

Backstory:

I am renting points (first time, yay!) and I sent my request to the broker to pass on to my member. I have no idea if the member will actually email DVC.

So I figured I would do online check in as well just to make sure the request gets in. But I can't actually WRITE the request, I check off two boxes.

Wonder if I am better off not doing online check in and just talking to the person who checks me in. I was thinking I could send a fax with the request a few days before we check in.

Thoughts?

allymouse said:
I was under the impression it was complete.

Backstory:

I am renting points (first time, yay!) and I sent my request to the broker to pass on to my member. I have no idea if the member will actually email DVC.

So I figured I would do online check in as well just to make sure the request gets in. But I can't actually WRITE the request, I check off two boxes.

Wonder if I am better off not doing online check in and just talking to the person who checks me in. I was thinking I could send a fax with the request a few days before we check in.

Thoughts?

We do not do online check in anymore actually. I would wait and do it at the desk. The queue for the online is now sometimes longer! Hope you get your request. The springs is nice. We have always got the block we wanted.

Anyone ever been in a Grand Villa?

I have one in a few weeks..TIA!!

A few more weeks and we'll be in our treehouse villa! I can't wait. We are renting a car so of complaints, that one we solved. We don't mind walking and because we are DVC members, we feel we don't have to rush around, so the long walks to Artist Palette or to the main pool won't bother us. Plus, it gives us a chance to really enjoy the resort. When we stayed there last (SSR, Grandstand) my daughter was 1 and woke up very fussy so we would go on 6am walks around the resort! She's 5 now--how time flies--especially when you are on vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter