Sports: Deflate-Gate

Ummm can I say - deflate this!!!!!!

Butler for MVP!!!!

Btw this new board is ridiculous, been here since 2000 &Mouseketeer - KMA. Points

In closing, the newest info is that the "reporter"(used verrrrry loosely) Chris Mortensen, misrepresented the actual amounts the balls were deflated. There was ONE ball that was 2 PSI below the standard...that ball was in the hands of the Colts. Hmmmm ...let me think about that? Hoping that Indy is investigated to the full extent and punished accordingly.

Last edited:

Here's what happened to the ball, the one the Colts intercepted was 2 psi under deflated, while now we learn the other balls were just a couple of "ticks" below the 12.5 psi so lets say they were at 12.3 psi, so now people want to know did the Colts release air out of the ball they intercepted before they gave it to the refs to be checked? Very interesting.

Here's what happened to the ball, the one the Colts intercepted was 2 psi under deflated, while now we learn the other balls were just a couple of "ticks" below the 12.5 psi so lets say they were at 12.3 psi, so now people want to know did the Colts release air out of the ball they intercepted before they gave it to the refs to be checked? Very interesting.

So the whole thing was once again the media being bored, and making up a story to have something to talk about for a while. Not surprised. And not surprising they are not going all out to make this new information known either.

I will admit, I am not a Patriots fan at all. I really don't care for Tom Brady's "over-inflated" ego and I absolutely despise Bill Belichick and his magnetic and engaging personality (lack of). But even as much as I do not care for either of these two people, I can and do set aside my personal feelings and will state that I truly believe Tom Brady is the best QB to have played this game and that Bill Belichick is among the top 3 to ever coach in the NFL.

Greatness is defined beyond just on the field stats; it also comes down to winning when it counts such as the playoffs and Super Bowls. This is what makes Brady so much better than Payton Manning. There is not another QB in my lifetime (51 years old) I would want leading my team in the playoffs than Brady. Additionally, it does not matter who the WR's are or the RB's, he just makes them that much better. This team loses a Welker and in steps an Edelman. I hate to say it, but Brady has that rare quality where he makes those around him better.

As for Belichick. What more can be said than in this day of free agents coming and going, he has built a dynasty of winning that rivals that of the Steelers (another team I can't stand). His teams are always well prepared and ready on game day and is one of the best when it comes to making adjustments during the game. He may look like a slob on the sidelines in his hoodie and he may be an arrogant jerk, but the guy can coach football and that is what he is paid to do and that is what matters.

So no I am not jumping on the Patriot bandwagon and yes I get tired of seeing them in it year in and year out. I wish the wheels would fall of this thing and the Patriots would fall from relevance. But I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. Patriot fans, enjoy it, you have every right to be excited and proud of your team and it's players. The only thing I could suggest is I hope you all win with class unlike so many who lose without class (Seattle at games end). Again, as much as it pains me to see the Patriots win another ring a great big Congrats from this jealous Browns fan!:thumbsup2

I will admit, I am not a Patriots fan at all. I really don't care for Tom Brady's "over-inflated" ego and I absolutely despise Bill Belichick and his magnetic and engaging personality (lack of). But even as much as I do not care for either of these two people, I can and do set aside my personal feelings and will state that I truly believe Tom Brady is the best QB to have played this game and that Bill Belichick is among the top 3 to ever coach in the NFL.

Greatness is defined beyond just on the field stats; it also comes down to winning when it counts such as the playoffs and Super Bowls. This is what makes Brady so much better than Payton Manning. There is not another QB in my lifetime (51 years old) I would want leading my team in the playoffs than Brady. Additionally, it does not matter who the WR's are or the RB's, he just makes them that much better. This team loses a Welker and in steps an Edelman. I hate to say it, but Brady has that rare quality where he makes those around him better.

As for Belichick. What more can be said than in this day of free agents coming and going, he has built a dynasty of winning that rivals that of the Steelers (another team I can't stand). His teams are always well prepared and ready on game day and is one of the best when it comes to making adjustments during the game. He may look like a slob on the sidelines in his hoodie and he may be an arrogant jerk, but the guy can coach football and that is what he is paid to do and that is what matters.

So no I am not jumping on the Patriot bandwagon and yes I get tired of seeing them in it year in and year out. I wish the wheels would fall of this thing and the Patriots would fall from relevance. But I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. Patriot fans, enjoy it, you have every right to be excited and proud of your team and it's players. The only thing I could suggest is I hope you all win with class unlike so many who lose without class (Seattle at games end). Again, as much as it pains me to see the Patriots win another ring a great big Congrats from this jealous Browns fan!:thumbsup2

I agree with you Brady is one of, if not the best QB, to have played the game. I like Peyton but he hasn't been as consistent as Brady in the playoff. He is a much better host of SNL though. :happytv:

Listen -it's official. You've just been chosen as an honorary Patriots Fan-for-a-Day!

///

Very classy post and I'm serious. BTW I follow the Browns as my second favorite team in football I just have a soft spot for them because of their struggles to be successful, because I followed the Patriots for years when they were so bad they were the laughing stock of the NFL.

Ah hello, deflate gate, is this thing on?
Yup. They must be scouring every last inch of I don't know what to find SOMETHING and because they've said NOTHING you know that means there is nothing to find and it's going to land squarely in either the refs didn't do their job measuring like they're supposed to or it was just a complete fishing expedition.

What a joke Goodell is becoming.

We have to keep our attention away from Clay Buccholz and his frequent flyer baseball program.

Of course they cheated....hopefully nobody is surprised by this.

Also to the surprise of nobody though, Brady and Billicheat will get off more or less scott free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter