Sports: Deflate-Gate

Patriots' Fan, right?

You just keep telling yourself that it is just Patriot hate. :rotfl:

It's not Patriots hate...it's Patriots jealousy. You don't like the fact that a team has won 4 Super Bowls in a 15 year period so to make yourself feel better you say they cheated. Do you know anything about SpyGate? The Patriots weren't guilty of taping the other teams signals they were guilty of taping the opponents signals from the sidelines instead of the stands or the coaches box. That's what the haters will NEVER admit to. The signals would have been the same no matter where they were taped from.

And this Deflategate report was an absolute joke. Did you see where the officials put 16 psi in the Pats footballs when the range was 12.5-14.5? I'm sure you missed that. Or how about in the report that the Colts also had 3 balls that were under inflated? You probably missed that too.

I'd like to keep posting, but I'm about to sit with the family and watch our blu-ray copy of this Super Bowl winning season. Enjoy!

I vote they put an *asterisk next to this season in the record books. Let history decide if they cheated or not, if the head coach knew or not, if the balls were deflated at Brady's insistence. The Patriots put themselves in these dirty looking situations, perhaps honesty would be a new goal for the organization to strive for.

I am from Vermont. I enjoy sports and yes I am a Patriots fan. The fact of the matter is fans of all the other teams are going to say they cheated to win the Super Bowl and the Patriots fans are going to say it was a legit win. No matter what the Patriots have the trophy and the NFL is not going to take it away and give it to the Seahawks or the Colts. What's done is done.

I'd like to keep posting, but I'm about to sit with the family and watch our blu-ray copy of this Super Bowl winning season. Enjoy!

OMG! What a kawinkydink! We're making it a Blockbuster night too! Just about ready to watch our copy of Super Bowl XLII. You must know that one, the one where the Patriots *almost* had a perfect season. Ouch. Enjoy!

I couldn't care less if you or anyone else "hates" the Patriots -no more than if drinking a glass of milk before a game was against the rules and your QB got caught. It wouldn't bother me in the least.

It's only a game -and besides, once Belichick retires your team is bound to win something someday!

Well, my team (the NY Giants) beat the Patriots in 2 different Super Bowls recently, I'm sure you remember the first time, when the Patriots were going for an unbeaten season. And then they did it again.

OMG! What a kawinkydink! We're making it a Blockbuster night too! Just about ready to watch our copy of Super Bowl XLII. You must know that one, the one where the Patriots *almost* had a perfect season. Ouch. Enjoy!

I had you pegged as more of a Super Bowl IV fan. ;)

My favorite Super Bowl ever!!! Go Big Blue! Love me some Eli!!!!!!!!!!!

That can't be. The Patriots had to have won that Super Bowl, because we all know they cheat all the time. Oh and if you haven't noticed the Patriots are the Super Bowl Champions of today, but have fun living in the past. Enjoy!!!

Well as a life long and strong Pats fan I have to admit, at the very least it puts a stain on Brady. My bigger question, and has been from day one, is if the balls are so important why does the NFL allow the QB's to doctor them the way they want prior to the game? The NFL keeps the kicking balls out of site until game time but not the actual in use game balls? That seems silly. The guy I feel bad for is Belichick, he has been completely cleared but his name will be dragged through the mud because of the history. The SB win was clean, we all know that, and the second half of the AFC championship game was a whitewash on the part of the Pats and everyone knows those balls were perfectly legal. I wonder why, if they can do that to the Colts and win the SB without doctored balls, why they need to alter them in any case.

I am from Vermont. I enjoy sports and yes I am a Patriots fan. The fact of the matter is fans of all the other teams are going to say they cheated to win the Super Bowl and the Patriots fans are going to say it was a legit win. No matter what the Patriots have the trophy and the NFL is not going to take it away and give it to the Seahawks or the Colts. What's done is done.

I don't think they cheated to win the super bowl, the Seahawks gave it to them on that stupid pass play when they should have ran it in. And yes, the Pats will be known as the most controversial program of the last 15 years. Too many issues of breaking the rules, facts are facts.

The NFL won't strip a Super Bowl title, the tainted New Orleans Saints title is a perfect example of that. Why anyone associated with the New England Patriots feels compelled to do these things is something that nobody outside of the organization will ever be able to get the true story.

What I don't enjoy about the NFL these days is the fact that certain teams just dominate. It makes for a boring season and nothing to look forward to if you back a middle or struggling team.

That is a big one for me also. Probable is a long way from proof but I guess you get what you get and that's it.

It's not Patriots hate...it's Patriots jealousy. You don't like the fact that a team has won 4 Super Bowls in a 15 year period so to make yourself feel better you say they cheated. Do you know anything about SpyGate? The Patriots weren't guilty of taping the other teams signals they were guilty of taping the opponents signals from the sidelines instead of the stands or the coaches box. That's what the haters will NEVER admit to. The signals would have been the same no matter where they were taped from.

And this Deflategate report was an absolute joke. Did you see where the officials put 16 psi in the Pats footballs when the range was 12.5-14.5? I'm sure you missed that. Or how about in the report that the Colts also had 3 balls that were under inflated? You probably missed that too.

:rotfl::hyper::rotfl::hyper:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

If it makes you feel better to believe that everybody else is jealous, go for it. I can guarantee you, there is not a jealous bone in my body. In the long run, it is just a game, has no effect on me or my life, so it is rather difficult to be jealous of a mere game. But it is rather funny and pretty presumptuous to declare you just know I am jealous and that everybody is jealous.

Actually, I feel sorry for the Pats. They are a talented team. They have a great HOF QB. Yet, they keep on making questionable moves that then puts their wins in question. With all their asterisks, their legacy will be greatly tarnished in the future.

Let me give you a hint. Many people just like to poke fun at the Pats because of the inordinate amount of apologists amongst their fans. The over-the-top fan reaction is what fuels the "hate," not jealousy.

Last edited:
What I don't enjoy about the NFL these days is the fact that certain teams just dominate. It makes for a boring season and nothing to look forward to if you back a middle or struggling team.

The same can be said for any sport (Yankees and Canadians come to mind)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter