• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest Park Ticket Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do u think
If you can swing it, you can buy 2 for each person and book for the 7 days.

Then, as soon as you reach WDW, upgrade to add on the extra day to Ticket #1s. Immediately move/reassign all Ticket #2s to a fake person in MDE to save for your next trip.

My sister is coming to Disney next month...Would they let HER upgrade my tixs from 6day PH to 7day PH IF I give her all my receipts etc.?

My sister is coming to Disney next month...Would they let HER upgrade my tixs from 6day PH to 7day PH IF I give her all my receipts etc.?

If you have HER order the tickets, she can upgrade them, then TRANSFER those never-used tickets to YOU.

(Same thing if YOU order the tickets, then transfer them to her (for the upgrade) then she can transfer them back to you.

All of this would take place inside your MyDisneyExperience account(s.)

The current WDW price for a 6-day HOPPER ticket is $451.56 (including tax.)
The current WDW price for a 10-day BASE ticket is $426.00 (including tax.)

Since the full-price 10-day Base ticket costs LESS than the full-price 6-day Hopper, that
would not be considered an "upgrade" and (technically) is not allowed.

There MIGHT be a possibility that the ticket CM could decide on a bit of Pixie Dust and do the "upgrade"
and return any "cash-back" to the guest via a Disney gift card. (But, that simply might not happen.)

Thank you Robo

Remember, if you purchase something small via the SW rapid rewards shopping portal or have other "earning" activity, you will extend the expiration of your points by another 2 years.
So I just switched my energy supply company because if I did I got 10,000 rewards points, and I'll get 3 pts for each dollar spent on my energy supply. So each month, earning those rewards points will extend that time further out on my entire bunch of points, right? I don't have to spend them thru my Southwest credit card, correct? I've not been using it these days. Also, would this purchase earn rewards points also? I guess I forgot that the points can expire since I've never had that problem so far, but would hate for that to happen, lol!

If you can swing it, you can buy 2 for each person and book for the 7 days.
Then, as soon as you reach WDW, upgrade to add on the extra day to Ticket #1s. Immediately move/reassign all Ticket #2s to a fake person in MDE to save for your next trip.

Okay, I'm thinking of buying a 6 day ticket and saving for a couple years before using to upgrade to an AP, since I just bought my AP for the next year. This will save me about $83 at least between this 6 day ticket and the 6 day ticket sold by Disney, more if ticket prices go up in the next years, right? So if I want to get the ticket numbers sooner, I should put on the form that my trip is in say, early November. Then I can attach to my MDE and to a 'fake' name. That will save it from being used accidentally since it won't connect to any of my MB's, and then I can transfer to my name when I'm ready to use the ticket, correct?

Also, this is confusing me, maybe I'm reading it wrong. It says you can get the ticket with a stay in any Orlando resort - "Ticket savings valid when staying at any Orlando hotel we offer." First, I'm just wanting tickets only and
I didn't see anything asking for your resort reservation when I check for tickets for a 6 day hopper, which I don't have for that far out anyway. Plus there are tickets there for the 'buy 3 days park hoppers, get 3 free days for $368', and then there's 'buy Disney park hopper ticket' for 4-10 days, with 4 days starting at $420. Why would anyone choose that option? This is confusing me so I had to ask, lol, what I'm reading wrong?

Last edited:
Also, this is confusing me, maybe I'm reading it wrong. It says you can get the ticket with a stay in any Orlando resort - "Ticket savings valid when staying at any Orlando hotel we offer." First, I'm just wanting tickets only and
I didn't see anything asking for your resort reservation when I check for tickets for a 6 day hopper, which I don't have for that far out anyway. Plus there are tickets there for the 'buy 3 days park hoppers, get 3 free days for $368', and then there's 'buy Disney park hopper ticket' for 4-10 days, with 4 days starting at $420. Why would anyone choose that option? This is confusing me so I had to ask, lol, what I'm reading wrong?

I don't know why they have that "when staying at any Orlando hotel we offer" line either, because there are at least 2 other spots on the page where it says you can also purchase the tickets separately (the bottom banner even tells you how, step by step).

As for the worse-deal option being present, that's probably just their usual listing for park hoppers, and they didn't adjust/hide it when listing this temporary sale offer.

So if I want to get the ticket numbers sooner, I should put on the form that my trip is in say, early November. Then I can attach to my MDE and to a 'fake' name. That will save it from being used accidentally since it won't connect to any of my MB's, and then I can transfer to my name when I'm ready to use the ticket, correct?
Yes, correct! :)

Your second email (subj: "Your Southwest Vacations Travel Confirmation") should contain the dates you had selected.
For all 3 of my purchases with dates in early November, I got the Itinerary email w/ codes the following day at 10:15AM eastern, sharp

I also can confirm this happening!

I had ordered two days ago and put in my actual vacations date (Jan-Feb) and encountered the same problem as everyone else not receiving a code. I spoke to a rep from Southwest Vacations last night who told me I wouldn't get the tickets until we arrived at will call and knew this was wrong, so I decided to cancel my 1st order (confirmed with a different rep that I would be refunded without issue) and placed a 2nd order using the November dates that pre-populate late last night.

At 10:13 this morning I received my itinerary email with the barcode to put into my reservation, entered the number and they were added!

I strongly recommend doing it this way if possible to get your tickets ASAP and not have to rely on Southwest to maybe send them 65 days out.

I ordered one 6-day MYW ticket yesterday. (Thank you to the OP!) I received the 3rd email this morning with the Disney ticket number - but no bar code. Where there would've been a bar code - there's a box that says, mime-a...chment 0 bytes. I plan to pick-up the ticket in person next weekend, and hopefully the ticket number alone will suffice at Will Call.

...Plus there are tickets there for the 'buy 3 days park hoppers, get 3 free days for $368', and then there's 'buy Disney park hopper ticket' for 4-10 days, with 4 days starting at $420. Why would anyone choose that option? This is confusing me so I had to ask, lol, what I'm reading wrong?
It's a just a special offer. The Parksavers deal was like that. It wouldn't make much sense, usually, to buy any ticket more expensive than that, regardless of how many days you plan to visit. But they'll still sell 'em, in case somebody wants to pay that. ;)

I ordered one 6-day MYW ticket yesterday. (Thank you to the OP!) I received the 3rd email this morning with the Disney ticket number - but no bar code. Where there would've been a bar code - there's a box that says, mime-a...chment 0 bytes. I plan to pick-up the ticket in person next weekend, and hopefully the ticket number alone will suffice at Will Call.

That sounds like it failed to load the image file for the barcode. If you have the 12 digit Disney Reservation Number above that box, I think you'll be OK. That number is all you need to link them on MDE, at least.

I went ahead yesterday afternoon and called SWV back and told them we changed the dates of our trip. I didn't have to cancel my original purchase, the rep just changed my dates and issued me a new confirmation (with same original confirmation number) and this morning at 10:15 I had the itinerary with barcode!

Same thing happened to me today when I opened it on my iphone. On my, PC, the bar code showed up. I just successfully linked them to my MDE this morning with the 10:15 email they sent me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter