Sophie Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Post wintermom,

I have 9v batteries sitting in my kitchen right now for checking my smoke detectors with the time change (two weeks ago?).

I'll go do it right now.

Jim

Two winters ago, the house across the street from my former residence caught fire from the computer while they were out of town. As they drove back down the street, they could see flames coming out of the cellar. Unfortunately, they couldn't get into the house to save their dog or cats. Fortunately, all the humans were out at the event. The house was devastated and had to be mostly rebuilt. Yes, this does happen and a lot more than you'd like to think.

I have been wanting to post on the aftermath of Mike, Lynda and David's triple loss, but I also did not want to say anything that would create more grief for these families - their pain is beyond description - I spoke with Michael about a week or so ago and the pain of the loss has really settled in for the entire family - I had the opportunity to speak with Michael for a little while - Lynda has gone back to work and they are all trying to find what is "normal" in dealing with their loss - They do need to be kept in prayers and I pray someday both will come back to the board - the Holidays are going to be especially hard on them so please keep them in prayers - I will try to keep everyone as to how they are doing without invading their pains ok.
God bless this family always
with much love
always
Shirley

Thank you, Shirley. Their whole family will be kept in my prayers through the holidays and certainly beyond that. It is impossible for me to imagine the depth of their sorrow. I hope some happy moments find them this coming holiday season.

Thanks so much for the update Shirley. I think of their family often.

Thanks for the update, Shirley. They all remain in my prayers, for comfort and strength to face each day.

While you all are changing your own smoke detector batteries, buy a 2 or 4-pack, and take the extra batteries to the home of a friend who might not be able to change his/her own. We do this twice a year with our wonderful neighbor, who is in her 80's; she's still handy with a chain saw on firewood, but not too comfortable on a stepstool!

WOW, what a heartbreaking story!! I will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers as they try and recover from this tradgedy!!

Thanks for the update Shirley. I pray for the family so often and will continue to do so as the holidays approach.

Smoke detectors are so vital as are carbon monoixide detectors. We lived in Memphis, TN and had gas heat. I bought a carbon monoxide detector and it went off one night, in our little naval station house. Sure enough there were dangerous levels of the odorless gas in our home. We would have never known and since it was in the evening we might not have woken up the next day. Right before the alarm sounded my husband and I were commenting that we both had headaches. That is one of the warning signs.

All our prayers and thoughts are with Emmasgrammy family. God bless them.

Thanks for the update Shirley. I am often wondering how they are doing - knowing how difficult it is to deal with grief that has "settled in". Any info you can provide is always appreciated.

I know that Michael, Lynda and David sincerely appreciate all the love, prayers and concern that they have been shown - I know that with prayers, faith and strenght, they will somehow come through this - as I said reality has set in and they realize that what they shared is gone - they miss their daughter and only 2 granddaughters - they are finding it hard to accept there is no longer phone calls and the laughter of a little child is not there - how long it will take for healing to begin is hard to say - their tears are as real today as they were from day one - I enjoyed working with Lynda when she and Mike were planning on Emma's basket for their cruise this past June and was stunned as everyone else here was on the losing of this family - anyhow those that has been there and done that can understand those feelings - I will make sure that Mike, Lynda and David know this thread is still going on and that they know how much they are loved and the prayers that are going out to them.
Group hugsssssssssss always helps in the mending of the heart.
Much love to each of you
Always
Shirley

My heart still breaks for this family.

Since this happened, I have started doing two things that I was somewhat spotty about before...1. Making sure my DD (4) knows what to do in case of a fire. 2. I turn my computer off every single night when we go to bed. And don't turn it on in the morning until we are awake. I also got another surge protector to aleviate the wattage on the outlet.

There is absolutely nothing anyone could have done to prevent this tragedy. But, there are things we can learn from it.

We pray for this family every night. How special these families are like this one and the Page family and the Richyams that have left indelible marks on these boards and on our lives.

P.S. Thanks Shirley for the update. You are a good friend to them, and to all of us.

Originally posted by snelsonbrown
I I will make sure that Mike, Lynda and David know this thread is still going on and that they know how much they are loved and the prayers that are going out to them.
Group hugsssssssssss always helps in the mending of the heart.
Shirley

It is horribly painful every day, but as the holidays approach, I know that it becomes even more difficult. Please let Mike & Lynda & their family know that our continued prayers & love go out to them. GOD Bless & comfort them all.

Hi all,

I know that we all wish we could have made the awful outcome better for this family, but we can't. It can only be difficult to see this thread topic over and over again.

Therefore, in the effort to prevent continued pain and anguish to all involved I am closing the thread to further discussion.

Sophie, you are an angel up in heaven in your mother's arms (along with your dear sister.) Many hugs and well wishes to the entire family. I wish you much comfort.

Sue Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter