Something About Nothing..........# 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
im in full blown panic/cleaning/thanksgiving mode, up to dinner for 17.:hyper:

eh, a friend i talked with tonight reminded me that next thursday is thanksgiving.

i think i live under a rock. :crazy2:

i could have sworn it was another couple of weeks away........

Good morning homies

Hope everyone is doing well but as for me I had a heart attack Sunday and may be leaving the hospital sometime today

St Lawrence, oh no !!!!

praying that you are going to heal back 100% and feel better real soon.

you are so young to have gone through this medical emergency.

sending mummy dust for you.
hope your wife and boys take good care of you when you are released to return home.

if i lived closer, i would try to help youse all out.

Good morning homies

Hope everyone is doing well but as for me I had a heart attack Sunday and may be leaving the hospital sometime today

Oh my goodness. Hope you get home and feel better real soon. That must have scared you and the family to bits.

Big hugs to you and take care :hug:

Good morning homies

Oh no!!!! Hope everything is doing better now!!!

Heard from mac, back home & recouping from what sounds to have been a difficult sugery:flower3:. she's hanging tough...as expected from she-who isn't scared of nothing, including HHN zombies.:thumbsup2

Heard from mac, back home & recouping from what sounds to have been a difficult sugery:flower3:. she's hanging tough...as expected from she-who isn't scared of nothing, including HHN zombies.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the update. I've been hoping for some news!

Thanks for the update.......I`ve been thinking of her and hoping she was doing ok :flower3: :flower3:

Wishing I was in Austin Texas this weekend. F1 is there for its inaugural Grand Prix. Having to make do watching on tv. Looks a really good circuit. I`m not a sport fan at all........except for F1.

Have good weekend everyone :wave2:

Wow, St. L and Mac both having major health scares....

My heart and prayers are with you both. :flower3::littleangel: Sending mummy dust your way! (((((HUGS)))))

We just got back last night from a great week in Orlando. If I get around to doing an actual trip report with pictures, it will have to be next week. I'll be running my tail off until Monday, and then running again until Friday.

We spent the first three days at the Rhodesian Ridgeback Specialty dog show. One of my good friends was showing her 8-month-old fur kid. They didn't win anything, but it was good for both of them to get some experience under their belts. They looked great!

On Monday morning we checked into RPR. That resort is sooooooo beautiful.... NO CROWDS AT ALL THE WEEK BEFORE T-DAY!!!!! The room was ready for us at 9:00 A.M., so we unpacked and headed over to Universal. Short lines, and with express we basically walked right onto every ride. It's been long enough that even the old ones felt new again. I was in heaven. :thumbsup2

We didn't actually get into the park until after 11, but with crowds so low we did everything except the Hollywood Horror Make-up Show and still had time to repeat our favorites several times.

The next three days, we hit both parks every day and loved every minute of it. One of those days, we took two of our close friends who were there for the Ridgeback Specialty. It was so much fun showing them around and introducing them to all of the great things in the parks. They had a wonderful time and were amazed at all the detail that went into every inch of the parks. We ate dinner at Mama Della's, which was fantabulous as always.

I know a lot of people aren't big fans of pumpkin juice, but I LOVE IT!!!!! I could drink it by the gallon if I weren't a diabetic. I brought some home so I can keep enjoying it. I love cloves and other strong spices. WWoHP was amazing. I wish I could spend a few days there just taking pictures. Forbidden Journey - WOW.

Well, I need to get back to laundry and getting ready for a conference and a concert this weekend.

:hourglass

Tinker-tude, hi! nice to hear you had a great trip. Pumpkin juice 'to go' who knew?;)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes I am doing a lot better but on a ton of meds now but I guess the scariest part of it all I learned was that I died while they were putting a stint in my heart and had to shock me to bring me back and I have a new lease on life and have to learn not to stress out over so much little stuff that I do
But any way I hope Mac has a speedy recovery and she is in my prayers

Thanks everyone for the well wishes I am doing a lot better but on a ton of meds now but I guess the scariest part of it all I learned was that I died while they were putting a stint in my heart and had to shock me to bring me back and I have a new lease on life and have to learn not to stress out over so much little stuff that I do

well st lawrence, i am very happy to read that you are still with us!!
having to be shocked back to get the heart pumping again is a very scary thought.
i am sure your wife was very concerned and worried about you!

were you at home when this happened?

stress can really do a number on a person's heart.
the body can only handle a certain amount of stress until it effects your health.
while you are recovering, take it as easy as you can.
and if you start to fret about anything, start thinking about your week in orlando next summer.
you have some fun to look forward to.

you have a very full life ahead of you.
you'll be better as time progresses.
i keep you in my prayers.

for me, i'll be healing for the next few weeks.
my biopsy will not be back until november 30th.
my stitches come out in another week or 10 days.
i was pretty drugged up so i can't remember everything the surgeon told me.
Mr Mac was upset and he didn't remember everything the doc said so i have to wait until i go back in to his office.
he was just happy that even though i had complications during surgery, i will be fine.
what i went in for was to be a 45 minute surgery, maybe 60, but it turned out to be 3 hours.

i feel like i have been in a drunken stupor.
in and out of being awake until late today.
i wrote myself a note on wednesday night to be sure to be awake at 8 tonight for watching Walking Dead.
go ahead and laugh about that but i do have my priorities.

Mr Mac had surgery again on tuesday.
mine was thursday. son is having surgery on monday/tomorrow.

i have to drive him for this but the doc told me i could try to move around more on monday. i take that as i can drive tomorrow.........

i'm taking it as easy as i can this week and the next.
we are not doing a turkey day on thursday.
i can't cook and i plan on having sandwiches on paper plates......
or open a can of anything and call that dinner.

it is not an issue for us.
none of us here are in top form and we really can't eat that much at this time.

We just got back last night from a great week in Orlando. If I get around to doing an actual trip report with pictures, it will have to be next week. I'll be running my tail off until Monday, and then running again until Friday.

Well, I need to get back to laundry and getting ready for a conference and a concert this weekend.

:hourglass

my pain pill has kicked in and you had a lot of words in your post so i had to make it shorter.

:laughing:

i am known for getting off subject.....

i would love to see pics of your trip.
it is thrilling that you were able to do the dog show and the darkside on this vacation.
i can't remember the last time you took a vacation............so it was great to read about you and the family getting to go to orlando!

are you still the choir leader?
i remember you were a year or so ago.

i bet the concert will be fantastic.

Thanks for the update.......I`ve been thinking of her and hoping she was doing ok :flower3: :flower3:

Wishing I was in Austin Texas this weekend. F1 is there for its inaugural Grand Prix. Having to make do watching on tv. Looks a really good circuit. I`m not a sport fan at all........except for F1.

Have good weekend everyone :wave2:

but if you could only plan one big trip in a year, what would it be?

the darkside or the grand prix.....

my bet is on the darkside.

you have a wonderful trip planned for new york in about 4 months.
have you started working on that yet?

Glad to see you on the boards again, Mac!!! Keep up the positive attitude (even though it sounds like the whole Mac household is spending Thanksgiving in the OR!!!)

macraven said:
well st lawrence, i am very happy to read that you are still with us!!
having to be shocked back to get the heart pumping again is a very scary thought.
i am sure your wife was very concerned and worried about you!

were you at home when this happened?

stress can really do a number on a person's heart.
the body can only handle a certain amount of stress until it effects your health.
while you are recovering, take it as easy as you can.
and if you start to fret about anything, start thinking about your week in orlando next summer.
you have some fun to look forward to.

you have a very full life ahead of you.
you'll be better as time progresses.
i keep you in my prayers.

for me, i'll be healing for the next few weeks.
my biopsy will not be back until november 30th.
my stitches come out in another week or 10 days.
i was pretty drugged up so i can't remember everything the surgeon told me.
Mr Mac was upset and he didn't remember everything the doc said so i have to wait until i go back in to his office.
he was just happy that even though i had complications during surgery, i will be fine.
what i went in for was to be a 45 minute surgery, maybe 60, but it turned out to be 3 hours.

i feel like i have been in a drunken stupor.
in and out of being awake until late today.
i wrote myself a note on wednesday night to be sure to be awake at 8 tonight for watching Walking Dead.
go ahead and laugh about that but i do have my priorities.

Mr Mac had surgery again on tuesday.
mine was thursday. son is having surgery on monday/tomorrow.

i have to drive him for this but the doc told me i could try to move around more on monday. i take that as i can drive tomorrow.........

i'm taking it as easy as i can this week and the next.
we are not doing a turkey day on thursday.
i can't cook and i plan on having sandwiches on paper plates......
or open a can of anything and call that dinner.

it is not an issue for us.
none of us here are in top form and we really can't eat that much at this time.

I was at home and DW has t beg me to let her call 911 and would not leave when I was in icu until I told her I was fine and then returned the next day when I got a room and her and my youngest DS stayed with me for 9 hours
But I am doing good and only had to take 2 nitro pills since I been home and so glad to hear your ok Mac

On Monday morning we checked into RPR. That resort is sooooooo beautiful.... NO CROWDS AT ALL THE WEEK BEFORE T-DAY!!!!! The room was ready for us at 9:00 A.M., so we unpacked and headed over to Universal. Short lines, and with express we basically walked right onto every ride. It's been long enough that even the old ones felt new again. I was in heaven. :thumbsup2

Aww glad you had such a wonderful time. RPR is such a beautiful resort :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you`re feeling better. It is so hard not to stress about things, but I wish you well :goodvibes Yes that would be scary to find you had died a little. Very frightening thought.

but if you could only plan one big trip in a year, what would it be?

the darkside or the grand prix.....

my bet is on the darkside.

you have a wonderful trip planned for new york in about 4 months.
have you started working on that yet?

F1 or Darkside.....oooooh!!!! :confused3

Well 4 days in Texas or 17 in Orlando........have to be Darkside. Although I do love F1. But my guy is retiring again after next week :sad: My other guy was 2nd yesterday.

No definite plans for NY yet. My niece and I have drawn up some things we want to do but nothing in concrete. It`s creeping up though. My mum is so excited too. But once we are into next year, planning will commence :thumbsup2

Still haven`t booked our RPR accommodation yet for Sept. Will be doing that soon too :cool1:

Glad to see you online and you`re doing better after such an op. As always sending you big hugs :goodvibes And good luck to DS for his today :wave2:

Sandwiches sound good for Thursday ::yes:: ::yes::

I was at home and DW has t beg me to let her call 911 and would not leave when I was in icu until I told her I was fine and then returned the next day when I got a room and her and my youngest DS stayed with me for 9 hours
But I am doing good and only had to take 2 nitro pills since I been home and so glad to hear your ok Mac

you have a fabulous wife and son.
sincere devotion St Lawrence..

that had to be a scary experience for all of youse to go through.

Carole, as long as you can endure through the winters over the pond, you'll end up with two trips to the colonies this year............

is your cold going away yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter