Something About Nothing..........# 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking Dead is kewl.........

i caught up on the comic book WD and have to say, i like the TV version a lot better.

hi St Larwrence! :)

Just seen on the news that the snow and cold are hitting those already affected by Hurricaine Sandy.........just so awful to see. I do pray these poor people can get back to normal soon :goodvibes

I can`t get rid of this cold......I seem to have had it for weeks now...it goes and then a couple of days later it`s back again. Been sipping honey and lemon juice in tea hoping to help the throat. Haven`t really moved out of bed for 2 days now, so little energy.

But on a lighter note.....DS has been given the all clear from physio.......she says he has healed amazingly well and has only to do a few little excercises to loosen up some muscles in his leg and keep walking. The joys of being young.....body heals itself :thumbsup2

Episode 2 of AHS was so good. I thought they did the posessed lad very well.......I always remember being scared to watch The Exorcist after hearing about it....but then I watched it was thought it was the least scariest thing I ever saw. I was so disappointed. But AHS pushes all my scary buttons. Even the opening scenes are a bit scary.

Catch ya all soon :wave2:

Personally, I will be avoiding any sushi at RPH. We spent the whole last trip sick as dogs when they served us bad sushi at Tchoup-tchoup....

Any super awesome tips? Where's the freshest seafood?

We`re not big fans of Tchoup Chop but we can eat our body weight in Sushi from Orchid Lounge at night. It`s always so fresh and totally delicious.

Don`t know if you go offsite but we love Kobe for seafood as well and for a treat Roy`s on Sand lake Road is heavenly.

Have a great trip :thumbsup2

carole, sending you hugs.........
suffering with the cold/flu is not any fun........
get better real soon!

some homies love tchoup tchoup, some don't.

i like i when they have the $20 special menu.
can't go wrong with that.
can always find something when that menu is going on.

off to MKE to get son.
too me forever to crawl out of bed and start the coffee.

have a fun day homies.

We`re not big fans of Tchoup Chop but we can eat our body weight in Sushi from Orchid Lounge at night. It`s always so fresh and totally delicious.

Don`t know if you go offsite but we love Kobe for seafood as well and for a treat Roy`s on Sand lake Road is heavenly.

Have a great trip :thumbsup2

we wound up at tchoup chop last in October to use dining credit in what i'd called 'their last chance';). They're back on our to-do list:thumbsup2 Everything was well prepared this time: shrimp and the pot sticker for appetizers, the filet (drool) but skipped the just too-spicy noodles (had potato gratin of some sort instead) and a brulee and nommy banana pie that they threw in complimentary. The service was top notch too.

carole that's a long time to have a cold, might want to ge that checked out.

mac have fun circling the airport lol. I'm dumping mine off back at school...so he can enjoy the weekend hmmmm

have a great weekend all, it's going to be near 70 degrees here the next few days:dance3:. Thrilled since we have tickets to Steelers game on Monday night and I won't have to dress ala an eskimo.

keisha, take a sign with you for that monday game.

be sure to wave at the camera so i will recognize youse there.

we wound up at tchoup chop last in October to use dining credit in what i'd called 'their last chance';). They're back on our to-do list:thumbsup2 Everything was well prepared this time: shrimp and the pot sticker for appetizers, the filet (drool) but skipped the just too-spicy noodles (had potato gratin of some sort instead) and a brulee and nommy banana pie that they threw in complimentary. The service was top notch too.

carole that's a long time to have a cold, might want to ge that checked out.

mac have fun circling the airport lol. I'm dumping mine off back at school...so he can enjoy the weekend hmmmm

have a great weekend all, it's going to be near 70 degrees here the next few days:dance3:. Thrilled since we have tickets to Steelers game on Monday night and I won't have to dress ala an eskimo.

A couple of peeps have suggested we give it another try, maybe if we have a pool day or two we may try it at lunch, see how it goes. Will give anything with bananas a miss though....not a fan of bananas of any description :(

Funny you mention the noodles.....that was one of the things we weren`t happy with.... they had no taste. We like things really spicy so were disappointed in them. But the family next to us mentioned they were too hot for them :confused3

Yep this cold is a long one, but lots of folks complaining of the same thing so just have to ride it out. They are as fed up of me coughing as I am.
Enjoy the game Monday :thumbsup2

Not much to say.......haven`t been out in a week.....getting really fed up watching tv. Thank heavens for re-runs of two and a half men and Internet, although I am avoiding all opinions on the 3rd episode of AHS....we don`t get that till Tuesday so don`t want to read about it.

Hope everyone`s doing ok :wave2:

ello ello Carole.

hope youse are feeling better real soon!

that happens to me also.
the days i can't leave the house and want to watch tv, can't find anything that really pleases me.

A couple of peeps have suggested we give it another try, maybe if we have a pool day or two we may try it at lunch, see how it goes. Will give anything with bananas a miss though....not a fan of bananas of any description :(

Funny you mention the noodles.....that was one of the things we weren`t happy with.... they had no taste. We like things really spicy so were disappointed in them. But the family next to us mentioned they were too hot for them :confused3

Yep this cold is a long one, but lots of folks complaining of the same thing so just have to ride it out. They are as fed up of me coughing as I am.
Enjoy the game Monday :thumbsup2

Hope everyone`s doing ok :wave2:

maybe they need to stir the pot:rotfl: I really wanted to do one of the italian places @ PBH but DH doesn't 'do' Italian:confused3and the steak dinner descriptions didn't move him. i've been accused of putting a little sriracha sauce on everything i cook...kills the taste;)

i may take a rope and tie myself down tonight to avoid going airborne tonight. 35 mph winds and rain, oh joy, least i have a universal poncho.

cannot believe thanksgiving's sneaking up so fast.

well, isn't tonight when keisha will be holding up a "hello homie" sign at the game tonight?

i think you should wear gloves at the game tonight keisha.
it will be cold.

i don't think i will be around much most of this week.
too much going on in real life for me presently.

last week i went to a rescue shelter in wisconsin, filled out an app to be a foster parent (which will lead into adopting) for a kitty.
i brought her home Friday around 4:55.
she was sick and on meds but it was only an upper respiratory infection, which can be corrected with meds.

saturday had to go back to the shelter as she got worse.
cold okay but she couldn't urinate very well. she would scream when she tried.
new meds given to me.

today took her back in and they are keeping her until probably wednesday.
she might have a blockage in her bladder. she is being sent to an emergency animal hospital for xrays later.

yea, i'm crying about this. i miss her already.

at this animal rescue shelter, you have to be approved for adoption and the pet has to be spayed by them.
once the surgery is done, she is mine forever.
she will be legally mine then.

she is an orange female that is 2 months 9 days old.
weighed 2 lbs 9 ozs.
just a little thing!

now on the people side, mr mac has surgery again on tuesday, mine is thursday and one of my son's is next monday.

everything kind of popped up all of a sudden.
this might be a good thing as i don't have time to sit back and dwell on it now.

Great minds must think alike, Mac! Royce & I adopted two kitties from the local shelter on Saturday! They're 3.5 months old but no clue on their weight (don't think they told us that!). My favorite pics, then a link to a few more if anyone would like to see them:

Cat6.jpg

Cat7.jpg

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/marciemi/New Kitties/

:wave2: marcie.....

i love your kitties!

i clicked on your photo page and started to view them all and my computer froze....
got a message it could be the one of my programs being the issue.
anyhoot, need to go back and look at the kitties again.

they are sooooo cute!
i think it is wonderful that you were able to take 2 kitties.

now we need their names.

man, it was a circus to adopt in wisconsin since i'm not a resident there.
i'm a mile south of Russell road but in Illinois but they ended up being nice to me trying to adopt from the shelter.

it sounded weird to me being labeled an "out of state" potential foster family with right to adopt.............

i probably shop more in wisconsin than illinois on most days......

the vet on staff called me this evening and said they did find out from some of the lab work that there is no infection in the kitty. it is a urinary blockage she has.
vet told me they can correct this with surgery and she will recover nicely.

i'm really hoping that i can take her home on wednesday.
Her folder states she is "Goldie", but we renamed her to Luna.

Marci.....the kitties are gorgeous.....and look so at home already. Adorable :thumbsup2

Mac.....BIG hugs to you and your family for all that`s going on at the moment. I`m sure all the surgeries will be all good :hug: :hug: :hug:

And a new kitty :goodvibes I`m so pleased you got her, and she is one lucky little kitty to be adopted by you. Love the name Luna too.

Same old moan here.....just been to the docs about this never ending cough.....no chest infection so just have to wait it out!!!! But it`s driving me nuts!!! Especially at night. Trying to sleep is just awful. Ended up downstairs last few nights to try and not disturb anyone. They are not very sympathetic when my coughing fits wake them :sick:

Anyway....hope everyone`s good :thumbsup2

re the game we had a great time but it rained doggies and kitties, just like it seems to be doing here;). Congrats to all the new fur'rents.:thumbsup2

marci ur kittie is splitting image of my now-gone fav, except he had green eyes.

mac - eeeeeeeeeee so much medical woes, stinks, pulling for y'all.

im in full blown panic/cleaning/thanksgiving mode, up to dinner for 17.:hyper:

Good morning homies

Hope everyone is doing well but as for me I had a heart attack Sunday and may be leaving the hospital sometime today

Good morning homies

Hope everyone is doing well but as for me I had a heart attack Sunday and may be leaving the hospital sometime today

:eek: sorry to hear, hope ur back in fine form soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter