Something About Nothing..........# 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,hope everyone is doing great.Finally got my pc back.The hard drive crashed,again.After this one,NO MORE HP'S EVER..

anyone hear from Kfish since she last posted? she last posted she was to evacuate but didn't plan to.

she lives in long island and some of that area was hit really hard by sandy.

jessicaR also lives in that area.
anyone see her around lately?

who else do we have up that way?

anyone hear from Kfish since she last posted? she last posted she was to evacuate but didn't plan to.

she lives in long island and some of that area was hit really hard by sandy.

jessicaR also lives in that area.
anyone see her around lately?

who else do we have up that way?

alexandnessa who i see is okay via FB

they all have their hands full, now doing fuel rationing alternate days, going to take a long time for things to bounce back but those peeps are a resilient scrappy bunch.:wizard:

trying to get fired up to put decorations back up for the trick or treaters coming tonight. It's 30 degrees and still drizzling but have hope the rain may be heading out finally.

Fired up for the Pitt/Notre Dame (Go Irish!):cheer2:and us vs the Giants but since it's a nationally covered game....
paperbag.gif

Ello all :wave2: Hope everyones doing good.

Quiet weekend here. Having hand dived king scallops tonight for dinner.......still not sure what to do with them.....sauce or no sauce....grilled or sauteed???? Have 2 hours to think about it yet!!

Finally watched first episode of AHS last night.......wow.......spooky. I`m hooked already......asylum stories are one of my nightmares so loving it :thumbsup2

Our clocks went back an hour last week so it`s starting to get dark already.......just after 4 here just now. But planning cosy night with wine, snacks and watching Shrek and MIB.

Have good weekend :)

Ello all :wave2: Hope everyones doing good.

Quiet weekend here. Having hand dived king scallops tonight for dinner.......still not sure what to do with them.....sauce or no sauce....grilled or sauteed???? Have 2 hours to think about it yet!!

Finally watched first episode of AHS last night.......wow.......spooky. I`m hooked already......asylum stories are one of my nightmares so loving it :thumbsup2

Our clocks went back an hour last week so it`s starting to get dark already.......just after 4 here just now. But planning cosy night with wine, snacks and watching Shrek and MIB.

Have good weekend :)

i will have you know that i am now addicted to AHS ...........due to your posts about it.

i really like that show!
many tanx for the heads up on it carole.

you probably are done with dinner by now but my vote is grilled with sauce.

keisha, i knew jodie was fine. (alexandnessa)
read that on another board so i didn't include her in my quest to find lost homies that were in Sandy's path.

Hi everyone!

Day 5 without power, heat or web. I am at a McDonald's getting poor wifi so I can at least have contact with the outside world.

As for the store....VERY SCARY. We did not evacuate, but it was every bit as bad as the news is saying. No joke, we could have been killed twice. Our basement imploded and we have a 15-20 foot hole is our foundation, so we have moved out for now and are staying with my parents. My husband's truck needs work, but should be saved. My parents had water come into their dining room, but luckily not in the majority of the first floor.

My other two aunts had water in their first floors, one living in Long Beach which has just been devastated. Two of my cousin's lost their cars and their apartments.

We have not had school for a week and who knows how much longer.

So right now we are just cleaning up, getting contractors, and putting claims into FEMA and insurance.

And we are having major gas issues....had to wait 2.5 hours for gas at 5:30 am this morning. Its really bad here on Long Island.

On a positive note however, we are all healthy and safe, which of course is the most important thing.

Thanks for your concern folks...I'll try to post some photos when I get a chance.

kfish, so you are now back to your old bedroom with the parental units and safe and sound for now.

one question: did you take the top bunk or bottom bunk?

i remember years back you talked about having bunk beds in your room. you had dental surgery or some type of surgery and your parental units switched beds around so you could have the full size bed to recover.

you know help is on its way.
hang in there and stay safe.

i am so glad you checked in here!

Good morning homies

Hope everyone is doing well and is safe

i will have you know that i am now addicted to AHS ...........due to your posts about it.

i really like that show!
many tanx for the heads up on it carole.

you probably are done with dinner by now but my vote is grilled with sauce.

Glad you enjoying the show.........looking forward to the 2nd episode episode on Tuesday night, I think MW said I was 2 shows behind you guys.

Went with the grilled scallops and a sauce on the side made with white wine, cream and garlic......they were delicious, didn`t really need the sauce as they were so full of flavour. Clean plates all round :thumbsup2

Hope everyones doing ok :wave2:

I'd been thinking about you Kstarfish. Glad to hear that you are safe. Glad also to hear that alexandnessa has been heard from. JessicaR has been posting on other forums on the Dis as well. Does that make everyone accounted for?

I can't imagine the loss that they are all going through.

I'd been thinking about you Kstarfish. Glad to hear that you are safe. Glad also to hear that alexandnessa has been heard from. JessicaR has been posting on other forums on the Dis as well. Does that make everyone accounted for?

I can't imagine the loss that they are all going through.

it's disturbing to read accounts of people who weren't evacuated and were put in precarious situations...guess it was hard to predict who needed to leave to be safe.:confused3

there have been a few homies in past years that are in that area damo.

i know one last posted with us about 6 years back but read on another thread she is fine.

since we haven't done the christmas ornament exchange the past two years, i'm not sure of where some of the homies live.

eh, St Lawrence, i saw you sneaking in here....
glad to see you and hope all is fine.

when is your wife's surgery?

Just doing a quick check in while I have Wifi at McDonald's (at this point my kids is going to come out looking like a french fry)

Not much happening here....got more gas for the generator this morning, I do not have work tomorrow as well. hopefully we will have power back within the next 24 hours, but we will see.

Its getting cold so we are bundled very tightly and sleeping in a full size bed with my Italian heater (aka husband) from our nice, big king bed.....sigh

So we are all ok...calling my contractor tomorrow to see the progress with our home...let's hope for good news!

And Mac...you have quite the memory there! :joker:

KStarfish!!!!! So glad you're okay! I'm reeling at the news reports of NY and NJ. It makes me feel guilty about the calm weather we're having here.

I'm starting my packing for our trip this week.
Medical bag - DONE
Kids' clothes for first three days - DONE
All the rest - started sorting

We're driving out Friday and spending a few nights in a cheap hotel for a dog show. DH is taking the kids to Legoland while I hang out in Dog Central. Then we're moving to Royal Pacific for four nights of fabulous fun at UO/IoA. It's been so long I'm frothing at the mouth. They've added so many things since our last trip it'll be like an all-new experience. I'm so excited!

The really cool thing is that we're going with two friends who have never been. It will be so fun to show them all the fun things we've discovered since '07.

Personally, I will be avoiding any sushi at RPH. We spent the whole last trip sick as dogs when they served us bad sushi at Tchoup-tchoup....

Any super awesome tips? Where's the freshest seafood?

Kfish, stay safe!
keep us posted how you are doing.

tink tutu, so happy to see youse here!

what type of tips are you looking for?
food at the hotel?
food at city walk?
park stuff?

do take in the night cinema spectacular show.
i did it twice and really thought it was done very well.

i have seen a lot of movies so what they showed on the water screens, made sense to me.

Glad you enjoying the show.........looking forward to the 2nd episode episode on Tuesday night, I think MW said I was 2 shows behind you guys.
We just saw episode three last week which starts to clears up some of the questions revolving around some of the characters. This season is already more gory than last season.

i'm still in shock over walking dead's last episode.:hyper: Started to watch abc's 666 park avenue i had taped but have a feeling it's going to get the axe, hopefully the loose ends will be tied up beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter