• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So what 'cha wearing to the Halloween Party?

What will you wear?

• Full on costume, baby!

• Halloween themed clothes

• Whatever I grab out of the suitcase is it, sister!

• Other (Oh c'mon! What do you mean by "other"?!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
My wife and I took our 20 month old last year (he was only 14 months at the time) and had the best time! We dressed up as football players and he was our football. We received a lot of compliments. Here's a pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love this!

I have no idea if we're (BF and me) are going to dress up. We've already got two dresses and two suits to travel with, so if we do it'll be something simple. We've got one or two ideas but nothing concrete yet.

I've been twice before though with no costume and still had an awesome time.

Has anyone just worn a Disney Halloween pin on their shirt?

DH and I are not really the costume type...but I don't want to be a total party pooper. LOL

Not sure I could actually get DH to wear a themed t-shirt either. BUT, I was thinking a halloween pin might do the trick.

We aren't pin "traders" so not sure if that will just confuse others if we are just wearing one on our regular shirts.

Thoughts?

Sept 23rd party
DD5-Classic Alice
DW-Queen of Hearts
Me-Dark Mad Hatter
We bought all the costumes since none of us sew and I knew we would never pull off making ones.

Well, I was going to wear my Ariel costume, but it is a purple bra, albeit accesorised with a few beads and jewels. If I attached it to a [flesh coloured] body suit would that make it more acceptable? :confused3

I think that would work really well. Or even a fringe of shells or something similar. I think the fact that it's a Disney character helps. Let's face it - the rule is really to keep the "skanky" factor down. LOL!

We are going in costumes on October 11th.

See you there!

Has anyone just worn a Disney Halloween pin on their shirt?

DH and I are not really the costume type...but I don't want to be a total party pooper. LOL

Not sure I could actually get DH to wear a themed t-shirt either. BUT, I was thinking a halloween pin might do the trick.

I think a pin would be fine. And the fact that it will just be one pin will clue people in that you're not trading.

Though you don't have to get a costume or shirt that is over-the-top Halloweenie. pirate: How about a Perry the Platypus shirt and have your DH wear a fedora? You could wear white shorts/skort and a red top and say you're Candace. :goodvibes

Or a simple T-shirt. Yours could say "Who needs a costume when I'm already a Princess?" and his could say "Worst Halloween Costume Ever". Have fun with it! :banana:

we are attending on sept 20 dd3 will be repunzel and ds1 will be buzz. not to sure yet about dh and i probably just some halloween t's

We are going Sept 30th. Rapunzel, Mother Gothel and one still deciding. :cool1:

We are also going as the Tangled crew, so I would love to see your costumes as they come together! I can't sew and am having a heck of a time finding someone to make these. :(

We are also going as the Tangled crew, so I would love to see your costumes as they come together! I can't sew and am having a heck of a time finding someone to make these. :(

Have you checked out Etsy? I always have good luck there.

I found a site that helped me find some items. For Mother Gothel, I actually ordered a Lady Guinevere Renaissance Maiden.
It is not exact but definitely close enough that you know who it is. I actually ordered Supa' Freakin Wig from Amazon which isn't too bad. I didn't want to spend a lot but you get the idea.
Probably just wear black ballet flats so comfortable for walking.
My DD keeps telling me I need a basket.
This site gave a lot of ideas.
http://www.squidoo.com/mother-gothel-costume
Let me know what you think of my idea.

We're going as Saints fans. Who dat! :thumbsup2

We didn't want anything too cumbersome because it's going to be so hot when we go. Plus, we already have all the stuff needed to be saints fans, so there's no extra $$$!

We've got tix for the Sept 20th party - and got ressies for the whole family at The Pirate's League that afternoon! :banana: So, I'm thinking we'll all dress up as princesses. :rotfl2: Kidding, kidding - it's a pirate's life for us! pirate:

I found a site that helped me find some items. For Mother Gothel, I actually ordered a Lady Guinevere Renaissance Maiden.
It is not exact but definitely close enough that you know who it is. I actually ordered Supa' Freakin Wig from Amazon which isn't too bad. I didn't want to spend a lot but you get the idea.
Probably just wear black ballet flats so comfortable for walking.
My DD keeps telling me I need a basket.
This site gave a lot of ideas.
http://www.squidoo.com/mother-gothel-costume
Let me know what you think of my idea.

I've got that site bookmarked - it's a great reference!
And yes I agree with the basket. Think about it...it will be great for TOTing. :thumbsup2
I think you will look great and people will definitely know who you are. My problem is that I am super-anal about being accurate...I am like the people who get into cosplay I guess. :laughing:

I went to Hancock fabrics yesterday and bought a pattern and some beautiful deep red fabric and trims. I called my mom and told her like it or not she's coming over this weekend to help. My mom has made a few things in her day...when I was a kid she made me an ET costume. She's just sorta messy and gets confused but I hope between the two of us we can get it done...I have meticulous attention to detail and she knows how to work the sewing machine. LOL

Have you checked out Etsy? I always have good luck there.

That's where I found someone to make Flynn's vest. I am paying double her normal price though to have it modified to be more accurate, and a bit more detailed.
I found someone a while back who was willing to work with me on the dress but then they sorta dropped off the face of the Earth. Plus it makes me nervous since I want my dress to fit and feel like I need someone in person measuring me, or there to modify it if it doesn't fit just right. I think that gaping neckline will be a pain.

I've got that site bookmarked - it's a great reference!
And yes I agree with the basket. Think about it...it will be great for TOTing. :thumbsup2
I think you will look great and people will definitely know who you are. My problem is that I am super-anal about being accurate...I am like the people who get into cosplay I guess. :laughing:

I went to Hancock fabrics yesterday and bought a pattern and some beautiful deep red fabric and trims. I called my mom and told her like it or not she's coming over this weekend to help. My mom has made a few things in her day...when I was a kid she made me an ET costume. She's just sorta messy and gets confused but I hope between the two of us we can get it done...I have meticulous attention to detail and she knows how to work the sewing machine. LOL

Good luck!! I don't think it looks like a difficult costume to make but I can't sew but if your mom can, that is awesome. I really thought someone would be selling it as a costume since it is such a good character and not to difficult. I am going to pass on the cape because it will be too hot. Would love to see a picture when you are done. Have fun!

We are going on Sept 27th. Our 2 yr. old grandaughter will be dressed as Minnie Mouse. Our baby grandson will be wearing a Mickey onesie - does that count as a costume?

DBF and I will be going on September 23rd (our anniversary!! :love:) He will be Indiana Jones, I will be doing Belle's blue peasant dress.......although I'm starting to reconsider, as I don't want to to run into the problem of like a Disney character :confused3

DBF and I will be going on September 23rd (our anniversary!! :love:) He will be Indiana Jones, I will be doing Belle's blue peasant dress.......although I'm starting to reconsider, as I don't want to worry about having "too good" of a costume :confused3

Hmmm, huh? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter