So what 'cha wearing to the Halloween Party?

What will you wear?

• Full on costume, baby!

• Halloween themed clothes

• Whatever I grab out of the suitcase is it, sister!

• Other (Oh c'mon! What do you mean by "other"?!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Going in Sept. and it was hot last year. So, I'll wear my black vampire Mickey t-shirt.

DS9 will probably want to be Indiana Jones and DD7 will be some sort of Barbie fairy.

My (adult) sister will be with us, so I'd love to find something themed for the three adults (me, DH, and my sis). If it included the kids, even better. I just have NO IDEA where to start!

Haven't decided on a costume yet. Do you know when the tickets will go on sale?

we're going on Sept. 23rd, and in honor of us staying at pop decided to dress as the 60's, 70's and 80's. So excited.

Haven't decided on a costume yet. Do you know when the tickets will go on sale?

Most likely the tickets will go on sale at the beginning of May.

we're going on Sept. 23rd, and in honor of us staying at pop decided to dress as the 60's, 70's and 80's. So excited.

Okay, this is just brilliant! I hope whoever gets the 70's dresses like one of Charlie's Angels. Extra points if it's a guy. :thumbsup2

So what are the rules for face masks? Are they not allowed? I vaguely remember reading something that said face masks were allowed as long as you could see the eyes clearly... but I dunno.
This is a great question (sorry I missed it earlier)! I'm going to answer here and will also add it to the first post.

Costume Rules for MNSSHP
1.) Costumes cannot obstruct vision. Eyes must be visible at all times.
2.) Costumes cannot drag the ground
3.) In the interest of safety, do not wear costumes that are excessively loose while riding rides.
4.) Costumes must be "family friendly". Men must wear shirts and women cannot wear bra-like tops. Wear only what you would in front of a priest or your grandmother. Keep it clean, folks.
5.) Costumes may not have any sharp or pointed objects that may poke others.

I'm hoping to make it to MNSSHP this year..........

My daughter and I want to dress up together. We've discussed a lot of ideas (that's half the fun!) but she seems to want to go as a villain this time......... so I might have to be the princess! :scared1: We discussed dueling villains ........ maybe Maleficent and Snow Queen, but neither of us wants to wear green face paint!

We have some other fun ideas....... involving princesses, but not in the traditional sense........... I'm sure we'll plot a dozen different schemes...........

I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

I am still debating on if we are going this year (stupid ticket prices:scared1:) but I am already tossing around ideas for me and DH-our boys usually cordinate together but I don't force the full group costumes-with boys it is hard to come up with something.

here are my thoughts so far...
Jack & Sally
Tink & Peter
Reuse our pirate costumes
or aDisney themed baseball team

We have already done Pirates, Alice and the Mad hatter/jedi's, Meg and Hercules with Harry Potter and Voldemort

Oh we are attending the Oct 1oth Party.... Costumes are TOP SECRET as of right now =)

We'll be there on Oct 28 and right now the plan is to be characters from TRON. We've got the identity discs, but those are the easiest part. If we change our minds I'll let you know.

Don't know what the kids will because...they don't know they're going yet. It's a surprise....

Hi.
We are coming on October 23.
Halloween is not big in Australia so we are not really sure what to expect.
Rather than bring costumes from Australia can anyone suggest where we could buy some (me, Dh, DD10, DD8).
Alternatively we were thinking maybe wearing some Australiana clothes - figure there won't be to family Aussies inthe crowd.
Thanks
Karen

Hi.
Halloween is not big in Australia so we are not really sure what to expect.
Rather than bring costumes from Australia can anyone suggest where we could buy some (me, Dh, DD10, DD8).
Alternatively we were thinking maybe wearing some Australiana clothes - figure there won't be to family Aussies inthe crowd.

Expect enough candy to put you into a diabetic shock. :goodvibes

The modern vibe of Halloween in America is to be someone you're not for a little while. And just about ANYTHING can be a costume. In October, you won't have any problems finding a costume to buy or you can re-purpose clothes you already have. You will find costumes in just about every store (Wal-Mart, CVS, K-Mart, etc.) and even a lot of grocery stores.

For example:
Redneck - wife beater t-shirt (sleeveless T) and/or plaid shirt. Cigarettes in the pocket. Stained/frayed blue jeans. Beard stubble. Baseball cap preferably with beer logo. Cowboy boots.

Nerd - Pants pulled up to your armpits. Button down shirt buttoned all the way up. Glasses with masking tape wrapped around the middle. Snort a lot.

Farmer - Overalls. Safety pin stuffed animals all over. Straw hat.

White trash - large clear trash bag filled with styrofoam products.

Coming all the way from Australia, I'm not sure I'd want to invest a lot in a costume I'm only going to wear once. There are a lot of things you can do with clothes you already have that may only require one or two small "props".

We were going to do a Muppet theme. My daughter already has a Kermit costume with a mask but now I might have to rethink it.

4.) Costumes must be "family friendly". Men must wear shirts and women cannot wear bra-like tops. Wear only what you would in front of a priest or your grandmother. Keep it clean, folks.
I'm going on the 23 September
Well, I was going to wear my Ariel costume, but it is a purple bra, albeit accesorised with a few beads and jewels. If I attached it to a [flesh coloured] body suit would that make it more acceptable? :confused3

How do you fairies dress up with your wings? I was thinking of going as tink but there is no way Id be able to get on Space Mountain with wings up my back.:rotfl:

We're going on September 20. I'll be Jedi and my sister will be either Mon Mothma or another Jedi (next week is her drop-dead date for a decision so we can get the costume ready in time).

We are going in costumes on October 11th.

We will be characters from Alice in Wonderland. Still finding out if 3 more are joining us before deciding who is who. My husband and I will be tweedle dee and tweedle dum, daughter Alice and son will likely be cheshire cat.

We will be attending the September 20th party and it will be myself, DH, DD5 & DS2. We will all be pirates and already have apts @ the Pirates League. Should be fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter