SO SAD! CRT menu DID change!

The menu was on the Disney site. :( https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/cinderella-royal-table/menus/

We are visiting my parents who live an hour+ away and only spending 3 nights on site, 2 days in the park, and given that dd is five, we are only doing MK for those days.

And I agree with those who talked about the disappointment of making reservations early and then having a bait and switch with the menu. Yes, menus are subject to change, but I would expect a dish or two rather than whole-scale revamping. Glad so many others are pleased.

FYI--the Disney site shows choices still at breakfast, but there are no openings the 3 days we could do breakfast.

it's not the same. there is no pasta. And since 2 people in my party don't eat meat or fish- I would like more than one choice. People who eat meat have 5 choices.

This is the plight of vegetarians almost everywhere, though. It's not limited to CRT. (I used to be a vegetarian, too, and I know how hard it can be to eat anything but salad and fries at some places!)

I actually didn't like the old menu so I had cancelled my ADR because there wasn't much there we would have eaten. When I saw the new menu I got very excited and was lucky enough to pick up someone's dropped ADR yesterday afternoon - so we are back on for next week. I am really looking forward to it again. To me, they made some positive changes - just my opinion.

Glad to know where it came from! The vegetarian option, at least, is entirely different from the first rumored change. I would have canceled if THAT change had come about, but gnocchi sounds super-tasty to me. We'll be keeping it, assuming that's the change.

If you don't like the menu at a particular restaurant, than you don't have to go there. There are over 100 restaurants in WDW. I am sure one will please you. Some of us enjoy different things.

While I didn't make our CRT reservation 180 days out, it was early enough. The main goal is to eat in the castle, for what is our first, and is probably our last, time. But I"m not going to shell out $150 for 3 vegetarian meals that are nasty, just to eat in the castle. So a menu change CAN really mess with a carefully thought out, long anticipated, plan.

it's not the same. there is no pasta. And since 2 people in my party don't eat meat or fish- I would like more than one choice. People who eat meat have 5 choices.

FWIW, the vegetarian option before was a risotto, not an actual pasta.

And yeah, it's pretty common to just have one thing on the menu for a vegetarian. That said, Disney chefs are often very willing to help out, if the menu option doesn't please you. Just let them know and see IF they can do something.

mmmm, brussels sprouts...wonder if I could get a side of them with my gnocchi? ;)

All that said, I'm still very much in the mode of believing NOTHING from the new website. The moment someone comes back and actually experiences that menu, I'll believe it. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, it's just the IT people playing pranks on us.

All that said, I'm still very much in the mode of believing NOTHING from the new website. The moment someone comes back and actually experiences that menu, I'll believe it. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, it's just the IT people playing pranks on us.
Now *this* I can get behind! Thanks for cheering me up!!

It's unfortunate that you do not like the menu, BOG is experiencing much the same criticism. For one, I've been happy with many of the changes in the WDW menus. Most of the restaurants seemed to offer pretty much the same tired menus over and over for the last several years and gosh, I'm excited at the thought of Brussels sprouts, leeks, parsnips, eggplant, Faro, mushrooms etc. Honestly, I have a bit of an obsession with short ribs..... not much into character dining but this may sway me!

I'm sure it isn't what you want to hear but there are many other restaurants to choose from and/or if you really want CRT, then try to be open to the idea of trying new things just for the experience! You might be surprised!

Good luck!

That sounds to me like a lovely menu, but then again (well-executed) Brussels sprouts and fish are two of my favorite things to eat. I feel there's a good variety of restaurants at WDW. If one has a menu that is not appealing, why not try a different one? You may find a new favorite.

I know! When BOG's kids menu came out with new and unusual findings people complained after years of complaints that the menus were all the same and generic kids food :lmao:

I have to admit, after reading this thread this afternoon, it's gotten me really wanting to make dinner ADR's. Soooooo, after telling my DH, he totally agreed and we just called and cancelled Kona and made a dinner ADR for CRT!! :thumbsup2 YAY!! (the grouper just sounder way too good to me!!)

bumbershoot said:
The main goal is to eat in the castle, for what is our first, and is probably our last, time. But I"m not going to shell out $150 for 3 vegetarian meals that are nasty, just to eat in the castle.
You havent even tried it yet but youre already saying its nasty??

I like the look of the new menu and personally think there is something for everyone. :goodvibes

I think the new menu sounds amazing - we've never tried CRT but those choices are enough to put it on my "must try" list.

I also wanted to give a little love to Brussels sprouts, the universally loathed vegetable. They ARE disgusting when boiled or steamed (the only way I was served them as a child). But when properly roasted or sautéed, they are sweet, nutty, and delicious!

Disney is also usually really good about subbing sides - I'm sure you could come up with a nice plate if you mix and match the courses.

I love brussel sprouts(ccooked many ways), but not the new menu...

I have to say it looks delicious! I will be there for the 5th time this August and am actually glad to see a menu change. Dont let things like a menu change ruin your trip the joy your dd will have just being there will be worth "suffering" threw brussel sprouts which are probably cooked to prefection. Enjoy Disney dont let silly things ruin it.

I agree with the OP. I think it also sounds gross and don't think it has something for everyone. I do agree that the menus are too homogenous at WDW and that its nice to find something different.....But how about ONE boring, simple dish like steak and some form of potatoes so that us plain, meat-and-potato types can also enjoy eating in the castle.

That being said, breakfast is when we go. I love a big, delicious breakfast at Disney, which is why we aren't doing the dining plan this trip- just not a good use of your TS credit.

We actually had dinner there last night and I was suprised by the new menu. I have to say, it was delicious! The grouper was so good. Brussel sprouts are not my favorite either, but I did try them and they had a nice flavor. Paired with the fish and sweet potatoes, the flavors went very well together. Good luck - whatever you decide!:)

I agree with the OP. I think it also sounds gross and don't think it has something for everyone. I do agree that the menus are too homogenous at WDW and that its nice to find something different.....But how about ONE boring, simple dish like steak and some form of potatoes so that us plain, meat-and-potato types can also enjoy eating in the castle.

They did have a beef tenderloin on the menu with green beans (and I think roasted potatoes). A few people in our group ordered it and said it was very good.

You havent even tried it yet but youre already saying its nasty??

I'm not *saying* that anything is anything. I don't even believe the menu has changed, LOL. After all, this is all from the disneyworld website, which isn't showing the truth a lot of the time during this time of change.

I'm just saying that a gross meal isn't worth $150. See what I'm saying? It's not "it IS nasty", it's "it's not worth it for something nasty". Surely you agree? I'm thinking you didn't read my whole post if you really thought I was SAYING something rather than *discussing* something.

We plunked down nearly 2 times the CRT cost (for lunch for our family) for Club 33 last year, and one of the things they served was, indeed, nasty to me (the truffled mac and cheese, a much beloved thing to others!). Thankfully DH loved it and could give up one of the things on his plate, so we swapped and all were happy. It's just too much money to spend on something you don't like!

Oh, and I was responding to people saying it shouldn't bug anyone. But it DOES bug people to have a menu, that they have looked forward to, change.

And lastly, I would definitely have canceled if the previously rumored change had been made. The vegetarian option mentioned a month or so ago when possible changes were discussed was a ragout if I recall correctly, and in my experience, Disney doesn't do those very well. The ones I've tried were, indeed, quite nasty. The one I had at Coral Reef nearly made me cry*, it smelled and tasted so funky and weird and metallic and just off. Again, DH thought it was decent (this happened before Club 33 so I guess it shouldn't be "again" in this case) and we swapped.

*I have always been sensitive to smells, and then I got pregnant and had maybe two cravings the whole time, but had aversions to nearly everything else, because of taste, smell, and even how it looked. DS is 8, but it's never gone totally away, and I physically cannot eat something that smells funky or tastes weird to me. Just can't. And I *can* get emotional about it. So glad DH is so awesome and can tell immediately when I'm having food problems long before anyone else might come close to noticing, and will swap or whatever is needed. :lovestruc:lovestruc

To be honest, this new menu is really not that appealing to me either. I can't stand mushrooms so those dishes are automatically out. I'm not a huge fan of brussel sprouts but could order something without eating them. I find it interesting that they didn't do unique sides/flavorings for the dishes... for example, the grouper and the pork shank are identical in descriptions except for the actual meat. That being said, I still see at least 1 thing there I would eat, but the menu does not sound nearly as good as the old one did to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter