SO SAD! CRT menu DID change!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by lsythes, Jan 30, 2013.

1. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Yep. They can't make everyone happy. Either you like the food or you don't. It all looks pretty good to me! If nothing appeals to you either change to breakfast if you can, or look into Akershus. You would probably end up eating breakfast there too, because their lunch/dinner menu is Norwegian food.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. maxiesmom

Ok, I had to go peek at the old menu. And guess what? It was beef, fish, pork (sound familiar?) chicken, and pasta. The same 4 proteins that they had before. Not sure why the new menu is so offensive when it is the same meat/fish, changed around a bit.

4. MomToPirate&Princess

MomToPirate&Princess Mouseketeer

I wouldn't eat any of those choices either and for sure DS10 wouldn't especially at those prices.

DD8 will have to settle for breakfast in the castle or Akershus for her princess meal or just meeting them in the parks.

5. stitch34

stitch34 DIS Veteran

I agree with you - NOTHING on that menu would even be interested in eating!

We used to love lunch there.. the Major Domo's Favorite Pie.
    then in July of '11 went in for our ADR, sat down - it was OFF the menu, as of just few days prior. We left the restaurant... (they didn't charge us). Manager seemed shocked actually that someone would LEAVE CRT. nope. Nothing for us to eat to make it worth the money, that's for sure. Had been there many times in past, so really, seeing the princesses or experiencing the castle was not our #1 reason being there - we were there for our Major Domo's Favorite Pie :)

But with those prices, yes, I wouldn't eat with current menu either. NOt worth it just to pick at something you don't like.

6. AuroraMeansDawn

AuroraMeansDawn DIS Veteran

Awww... no love for mon petit chou. Maybe the little cabbages would feel more at home in France with Belle but I'd be willing to bet they can sub the side.

7. AuroraMeansDawn

AuroraMeansDawn DIS Veteran

Very true..blame it on the current bacon fixation that seems to have gripped the world.

8. si-am

si-am DIS Veteran

I think it looks good.

9. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

Have DS10 order off kids menu.

10. carly chloe

carly chloe DIS Veteran

it's not the same. there is no pasta. And since 2 people in my party don't eat meat or fish- I would like more than one choice. People who eat meat have 5 choices.

11. maxiesmom

Could you call and ask for an vegetarian option? Don't most restaurants offer that, outside of the menu? :confused: Most restaurants are geared towards meat or fish eaters, right? That doesn't make CRT any different than the majority of Disney restaurants. Do they not have the chef come out and talk to vegetarians as they do people with food allergies?

12. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

There is pasta. Gnocchi. And there's no meat on that dish. So make it 4 choices. And what about the fish? Could order it without sauce.

But seems like they didn't need to add bacon to the sauce for the fish-for those who eat fish and don't eat meat.

13. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

It already is on the menu.

Gnocchi with Roasted Vegtables
    Eggplant, Mushrooms, Onions, and Squash tossed with Gnocchi, Arugula, Pesto, shaved Romano, and splash of Aged Balsamic

14. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

The menu looks good to me. My boys (12& 9) would like the menu but won't eat at CRT because of the princesses. Are they there at dinner?

15. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

Yes.

16. I loveStitchnippyjon

I loveStitchnippyjon DIS Veteran

Me too! I see nothing on this menu that I would not order.:thumbsup2

17. MaxsDad

MaxsDad DIS Veteran

I agree with the first part of your post, but I disagree with the quoted part. It isn't that easy to just move on when you have to make your reservation 180+ days out. If I make a reservation based on the menu now, and then the week before my trip they change the menu then I wouldn't be happy either. That is one of the problems with this 180 nonsense IMO. Of course menus change and those changes will always come before or during someone's trip, but I can still understand being disappointed about it.

As suggested already I would look for other options, other restaurants or meals and just hope for a cancellation.

18. jmcghee2024

jmcghee2024 DIS Veteran

The lunch menu looks promising to me. It's the no options anymore for breakfast that I don't like.

19. Lita

Lita Mouseketeer

I agree!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

20. Lita

Lita Mouseketeer

Gnocchi is pasta.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. corneredbycorn

corneredbycorn Mouseketeer

Delicious pasta, at that!