So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

Great job on the picture tour of AoA!!! :woohoo:

Feeling somewhat guilty for not sleeping here, I pulled one of the bed covers about halfway off and ruffled the blanket up a bit. :laughing:
That sounds like something I would do..............:rotfl:

Next, I went in to check out one of the Lion King suite buildings.
I love the carpet in the hallways with the paw prints. :thumbsup2

Cone cabana - nice idea.
Maybe they should be the Cona Cabanas?? At the Cona........, Cona Cabanas.................

(okay, now let's see everyone try to get that song out of their heads) :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Okay, with all of those pictures, you should all feel like you've stayed there now, right???
Most definitely!!! Leave it to MeMom to leave no stone unturned (or corner of the resort unphotographed) :rotfl2:

I think my fever has finally broken, and the headache is subsiding. Now just have to give the stomach a little more time to get things in order, and I should be normal again - thank heavens!!!
Hope you are feeling much better today and got to go back to school. I know you really wanted to since testing started. I hope testing goes smoothly for you and the kids!!! :goodvibes

I loved the AoA pictures. So, little mermaid has exterior hallways and the other two have interior with no balconies? I find this strange for some reason? And, I bet the windows don't open.
Looking at some old construction photos it appears they had already started building the additional section of Pop on that side of the lake when they decided to scrap the idea. When they made the decision to make that area the AoA resort, they used the two or three buildings that were already started, so those buildings are identical to Pop, including the main building where you check in. It appears the additional buildings got a totally new design maybe. :scratchin :confused3

I love the prospect of having a huge DISmeet in Nashville. Hopefully we can all get the time to go. The more the merrier.. Goofyfan is more than welcome.
Sounds like I need to start making plans! Looking forward to a huge DISmeet and getting to know everyone. :banana:

The frame is one and I think there is one in the jar between the 2 necklaces.
I think I saw a picture of that shower somewhere else on the DIS maybe and if I remember one of the necklaces actually looked like a cameo of Mickey in the necklace..........???

Continuing Hollywood Studios.

I saw this guy doing a video for a podcast website. When he paused, I asked if that what he was doing, and he said that he was and that he appreciated me speaking, and he hoped I would check them out. He gave me a card, but I'll have to find it - somewhere - because I can't remember it. :upsidedow

Oct2012Pt1311.jpg

/QUOTE]

I know I am way behind with this, but I have been catching up! The guy that you captured doing his podcast was Ace of the syndicated morning radio show "Ace and TJ." I've been listening to them for a long time, and they do this fabulous thing where every October they take a group of terminally ill or chronically disabled children and their families on an all expense paid trip to Disney World. It is always very touching to hear the stories of these families on the radio. You can read more about the program and see pictures on their website at www.grinkids.org. There are also some videos of the trip on youtube. Here is a link for the one you saw being filmed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WjReV8Wxac . Now that I know you were around, I spotted Jill and Bella in the background around the 1:40 mark. I would recommend some kleenex before watching some of the trip videos! ::yes::

Ha! I thought that was Ace when I first saw the picture but then I thought "nawwww"! Ace and TJ are so awesome! They really do alot for these children and their families. :goodvibes

You two won't get too silly on the road, will you, with all of your singing and dancing and laughing behind the wheel. You might embarrass Hannah. :goodvibes

I promise to be on my best behavior but Pat is a bad influence! :rotfl2: I think we could do an excellent job of enbarrassing Hannah! LOL

Sounds like a huge party!!! :crowded:
I won't even fool myself into thinking I might have any positive behavioral influence over those two............ :blush: :rolleyes2

I'm innocent...innocent I tell ya! :littleangel:
:lmao:

Maybe they should be the Cona Cabanas?? At the Cona........, Cona Cabanas.................

(okay, now let's see everyone try to get that song out of their heads) :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Arrrrgghhhhhhhhhhh....song headache!!!! :sick:

Sounds like I need to start making plans! Looking forward to a huge DISmeet and getting to know everyone. :banana:

::yes:: Maybe we can all 3 get together one weekend when Pat is off and do some planning!

MeMom I hope you are feeling better today!

Thouroughly enjoyed the tour of AoA. Hannah's BFF is going right when school gets out in June for her birthday and I think they are staying there because Hannah mentioned something about wanting to stay in a Little Mermaid room.

I am doing my best to make a 12th birthday trip for Hannah and 1st trip for Madison happen next year and I'm thinking staying in a Little Mermaid room would make the birthday girl very happy!

The July DISmeet sounds like it's gonna be lots of fun. If I lived a little closer I would come, I love visiting my local mall and always have to have a peek into the Disneystore. I hope you'll all take lots of photos and post them on here (I don't do Facebook). :flower3:

Our year 2 children (age 6 & 7) started their testing today too :worried:

Good vibes for feeling better...

Hope you wake up feeling better tomorrow!

Loved the AOA pic tour!

We will be staying there very soon and I can't wait. I want to wake up under the sea. ::yes::

Well, I had good intentions to be back to normal today, and I did pretty well. After pretty much being in the bed since Friday, though, getting up and moving around was a bit more of a challenge than I had expected. It made me feel a bit queasy and feverish again for a short time this morning. I did the testing, but instead of roaming the room monitoring, I was sitting and observing from my nice little spinning, rolling teacher's chair. ;) I felt like I was in a bit of a fog all day. My 'team' told me to go home after lunch, but I lasted until about forty-five minutes before dismissal, and then I sent the kids on to the other teachers. I needed to make up for lost time, as well as prepare for Wednesday's Math section of the test, so I put in two videos - one on Geometry and one on Money, and I stopped them and walked them through all of the different activities. With that, I felt like I had at least given them a bit of Math today, and I was okay with leaving.

And you will actually sleep in your under the sea room, right? :fish:

What tour of AoA! Thank you so much

Although for much of your "good morning" it was quite dark out. Love the merchandise and oh, the details of that resort, it's just remarkable.

Feel better soon!!!

You know I do not like to waste my Disney time. Pretty much the only sure sleeping time will be the 1-3 a.m. block. Any other time, I may be out on the streets of Disney World somewhere late at night, being the wild and crazy person I am, or I may be watching the sun wake the place up.

The frame is one and I think there is one in the jar between the 2 necklaces.

It really hit home for me on that rule when it was suggested a pool we were constructing be 4'11" instead of 5' for that reason.... for us it was to save money. The idea was nixed and being a club instead of a hotel for a good reason. Leadership was trying to cut a corner that was riduculous.

Ugh it just sounds horrible. I hate when the body is being so unpredictable.

I am glad things are staying where they are supposed to be. I hope that continues and you fell good enough to be at school tomorrow.

I am glad to be back in the land of the living again. I feel like I slept a hundred hours during four days.

Also, I have moved from plain baked potato and plain noodles to the delicious pineapple coconut popsicle I am presently eating. :cool1:

That AoA room is so beautiful and its too funny that no one ended up staying there. I absolutely have to stay in one of those rooms someday. I just think they are so pretty.

Woo hoo :cool1: for more Disney time. Who wouldn't love that?

If I had thought about it at the time, I could have offered for Brandy and Sloan and the boys to have the room for the night, if they had wanted to.

OH! I didn't even realize that was a play on words. That makes a lot more sense! Thanks for the awesome tour of the resort! It looks amazing.

It is worth seeing. I like how bright and clean it is, of course. It does make the older ones look more worn, for sure.

Love the tour of AoA - you are very thorough! It's just so immersive.
I :lmao: at the thought of just rumpling the bed covers! I would have laid down and taken a rest (even in the a.m.!) just to enjoy some quiet alone time!

I really hope you are already in bed and feeling better by now! Sending positive "feel better" vibes your way!

I think your vibes are working now. :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Art of Animation through the pictures - of the lights and the carpets and the toilets and the... Yeah, I probably do overdo the details sometimes, huh? But, if WDW goes to all that trouble, I feel compelled to look. And photograph. ;)

That works for me. I've been hoping to go back to Florida WITH DBF for a LONG while.

Congratulations!! October is going to be a great month this year with the addition of 3 DIS babies:goodvibes

Feel better!!

Loved your pictures of AoA!!! I got to step foot on AoA property during opening year. When I was in Florida last June, I had breakfast and chatted with my SIL who was working there at the time. Only Finding Nemo section was open then, so I can't wait to see everything in person.

We'll fill the town with pink and blue balloons in October, won't we? :cool1:

I am glad you got to walk across the bridge. I bet it seemed a little surreal after seeing it empty for so long.

Thanks for the in-depth tour of AoA! I know I fell even more in love with it! I think I might have to look into staying there for my next trip! I don't know when that will be or who it will be with, but dreaming about it never hurts!

Hope you're feeling a little better!

Maybe you should join the ranks of our DIS citizens who have become travel agents. Then you could plan trips all the time!

Thanks for the tour of AoA. We will probably never stay there so it was neat to see. Can't believe that no one slept there, LOL. I was just saying that to my dh as I was reading, when I saw you all went back to Pop. I like how you messed up the bed. I would have done that too. We finalized our Nov. trip at Windsor Hills for 2 weeks. Woohoo! I have mentioned to dh about staying one night at a deluxe to celebrate our anniversary. He said we could do that even though he hates the thought of moving for one day. Not sure he'll go for it when I tell him how much it will cost though. I really would like to do it some trip when the grandkids are with though so they could experience it too. Hope you're feeling better so you can get back to school for the testing. I'm sure the kids will do better if their teacher is there.

It would be fun to share a special resort stay with the grandkids. Our girls are fortunate to have been able to stay in many resorts now. Bella is too little to remember some of them, but at least she has stayed there. I don't see how people pay to stay at the nice places for a week or more. That really adds up! :scared1:

The first section of testing went well. According to the kids, it was easy cheesy lemon squeezy. :thumbsup2 I hope they were right. :goodvibes

Maybe you should join the ranks of our DIS citizens who have become travel agents. Then you could plan trips all the time!

I actually have my travel and tourism degree! :thumbsup2. (Graduated in 2003!). But none of the local agencies I have applied to will hire me because I've never been to Europe....:headache: besides, this way I don't have to stress and its all for fun!

Great job on the picture tour of AoA!!!

That sounds like something I would do..............:rotfl:

I love the carpet in the hallways with the paw prints.

Most definitely!!! Leave it to MeMom to leave no stone unturned (or corner of the resort unphotographed)

Hope you are feeling much better today and got to go back to school. I know you really wanted to since testing started. I hope testing goes smoothly for you and the kids!!!

Looking at some old construction photos it appears they had already started building the additional section of Pop on that side of the lake when they decided to scrap the idea. When they made the decision to make that area the AoA resort, they used the two or three buildings that were already started, so those buildings are identical to Pop, including the main building where you check in. It appears the additional buildings got a totally new design maybe. :scratchin :confused3

Sounds like I need to start making plans! Looking forward to a huge DISmeet and getting to know everyone.

I think I saw a picture of that shower somewhere else on the DIS maybe and if I remember one of the necklaces actually looked like a cameo of Mickey in the necklace..........???

Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

We look forward to a fantastic DIS meet in July. We've been to Atlanta twice to meet up with Disney friends. Looking back at the pictures is fun. The kids have grown so much and done so many fun things since then.

Testing went okay. I just hope they focused and were actually reading while they were filling in all those little bubbles. ;)

Ha! I thought that was Ace when I first saw the picture but then I thought "nawwww"! Ace and TJ are so awesome! They really do alot for these children and their families. :goodvibes

I am glad someone knew who they were, and I am happy to hear of their good works. Looks like the kids were totally caught up in the magic. :wizard:

Most definitely an invite to tag along! :goodvibes

You have been given the green light, GoofyFan1515.

I promise to be on my best behavior but Pat is a bad influence! I think we could do an excellent job of enbarrassing Hannah! LOL

We know Pat is a maniac. We'll blame anything that happens on her. ::yes::

MeMom I hope you are feeling better today!

Thouroughly enjoyed the tour of AoA. Hannah's BFF is going right when school gets out in June for her birthday and I think they are staying there because Hannah mentioned something about wanting to stay in a Little Mermaid room.

I am doing my best to make a 12th birthday trip for Hannah and 1st trip for Madison happen next year and I'm thinking staying in a Little Mermaid room would make the birthday girl very happy!

That would be a fabulous girls only trip! :banana:

The July DISmeet sounds like it's gonna be lots of fun. If I lived a little closer I would come, I love visiting my local mall and always have to have a peek into the Disneystore. I hope you'll all take lots of photos and post them on here (I don't do Facebook).

Our year 2 children (age 6 & 7) started their testing today too

We will have plenty of pictures from all different angles of the group, I can pretty much assure you. I will have to find many places to hide! :eek:

Best of everything to your kids as they go through the testing.

I promise to be on my best behavior but Pat is a bad influence! :rotfl2: I think we could do an excellent job of enbarrassing Hannah! LOL

::yes:: Maybe we can all 3 get together one weekend when Pat is off and do some planning!

::yes::

We know Pat is a maniac. We'll blame anything that happens on her. ::yes:

:eek: Man... I am the :angel:..I have no idea what you are talking about. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Most definitely an invite to tag along! :goodvibes
:woohoo: Thanks Jillyb!!!

Best behavior? What fun is that??? We'll never adequately embarrass Hannah THAT way.:confused3 :rotfl2:

:rolleyes1 I believe you......really I do....:sad2:

Sounds good, but I didn't think Ms. Workaholic ever took time off??? :confused: :laughing:

:goodvibes

We know Pat is a maniac. We'll blame anything that happens on her. ::yes:
That's a given!!! :rolleyes:

::yes::

:eek: Man... I am the :angel:..I have no idea what you are talking about. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Okay...I am finally caught up. Obviously, I was too far behind to comment on everything. Love the AoA pictures...Mark and I really want to get over there in August.

I promise to stay caught up now (well, at least I won't get that far behind again ;)).

8 pages behind???
I stopped getting notices.
I guess I'll try unsubscribing and resubscribing and see if that fixes the problem.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you are now feeling better.

Extra Disney days for Brandy, Sloan, and the boys, now that something to cheer about!
Also, I think the Little Mermaid room was adorable, even if you just used it as an expensive changing room.....

Oh, and I have one more thing to say.
We're coming to have dinner with you and, going to Disney this month!

I actually have my travel and tourism degree! :thumbsup2. (Graduated in 2003!). But none of the local agencies I have applied to will hire me because I've never been to Europe....:headache: besides, this way I don't have to stress and its all for fun!

True. People tell me I should become a Disney travel agent, but for now, I just want it to be my fun thing. With my teaching schedule, I don't see how I could do it anyway. I would need to be on the phone in the mornings, and that might not go over well in the classroom. ;)

Maybe you need to trade in on Disney trip for a trip to Europe so you can pursue that travel job fun! :) Seems to me that your time in the 11 countries of World Showcase should count for something!!! :laughing:

Okay...I am finally caught up. Obviously, I was too far behind to comment on everything. Love the AoA pictures...Mark and I really want to get over there in August.

I promise to stay caught up now (well, at least I won't get that far behind again ;)).

I won't hold you to keeping up, as that is not an easy thing to do on the DIS sometimes. So many good reports - so little free time to hang around here. Real life jobs and families and weddings and things keep us busy. :goodvibes

8 pages behind???
I guess I'll try unsubscribing and resubscribing and see if that fixes the problem.

Extra Disney days for Brandy, Sloan, and the boys, now that something to cheer about!
Also, I think the Little Mermaid room was adorable, even if you just used it as an expensive changing room.....

It was an expensive changing room, but truly, we did intend for someone to sleep there when we booked it.

Between now and the time we have dinner, we will both be in a whirlwind of end of the year activities. It'll be here in a blink of an eye, most likely.

8 pages behind???

Yay!! I'm so excited I could burst. I resisted the urge to pack this past weekend. :) haha

Good afternoon,
I am glad you are starting to feel better. Being sick is not fun. I think I had a touch of what Jason had this weekend, but I am feeling better today. I love the AoA pictures. I really want to go there when we go to WDW in July. I am writing this while I am on hold with DVC member services. I am checking to see if any cash reservations are available at the end of July for Hilton Head. I decided yesterday after reading a trip report that I would love to go for a short stay.
We'll see. Have a great day!

Good afternoon,
I am glad you are starting to feel better. Being sick is not fun. I think I had a touch of what Jason had this weekend, but I am feeling better today. I love the AoA pictures. I really want to go there when we go to WDW in July. I am writing this while I am on hold with DVC member services. I am checking to see if any cash reservations are available at the end of July for Hilton Head. I decided yesterday after reading a trip report that I would love to go for a short stay.

I was on hold today too for what seemed like a long time. Online check in for me did not want to take my CC and the request list online was not what I was looking for so I called.

Funny this time I bypassed the survey..... Maybe I should hit"1" ... for a shorter wait time? :lmao:

Yay!! I'm so excited I could burst. I resisted the urge to pack this past weekend. :) haha

Aw, go ahead and start packing! We'll understand. Truthfully, I never fully unpack. Some of my stuff just lives in the suitcase.

Good afternoon,

You little traveler girl, you!
I knew I should have been a doctor! :laughing:
Of course, the world should be so glad that did not really happen. ;)

I was on hold today too for what seemed like a long time. Online check in for me did not want to take my CC and the request list online was not what I was looking for so I called.

Funny this time I bypassed the survey..... Maybe I should hit"1" ... for a shorter wait time? :lmao:

I do not like automated voices or pushing buttons to try to get to where I want to be. Sometimes I purposely hit the wrong one so they'll just get this big dummy to a human being. ::yes::

I do not like automated voices or pushing buttons to try to get to where I want to be. Sometimes I purposely hit the wrong one so they'll just get this big dummy to a human being. ::yes::

:lmao: I thought I was the only one that did that :lmao: It's a lot quicker than making your way through a ton of menus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter