So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

AoA looks like a very cute resort. Since my kids are older now, I don't know that I really have much of a desire to stay there.

I'm sorry you have been sick, I'm glad that you are starting to feel better though.

I hope you feel better!!

Thanks for the awesome AoA pictures! It looks so lovely & especially when today at home is a dreary, rainy day! But I shouldn't complain, as this weekend was awesome weather.

I can't wait for NYE on the Poly beach! I don't know if I said, but I reserved a room at Pop! Noah may or may not come, it depends on his schedule but I'll be there!!

Feel better!

I didn't realize that the family suites at AoA had interior halls and no balconies - just a window or two? Not sure how I feel about that.

The Little Mermaid room looks great!!! I know Hollie and Hannah would love to stay there. I can see lots of pictures being taken with the larger than life characters outside! ;)

Loved the tour around AoA!:thumbsup2

I don't see us staying there with the boys now but it is really cute & I am sure the kids just love it. They did a great job with keeping with the themes.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.:thumbsup2

I loved the AoA pictures. So, little mermaid has exterior hallways and the other two have interior with no balconies? I find this strange for some reason? And, I bet the windows don't open.

Hope you are feeling better. 2 our of 4 of our family had that bug a few weeks ago - it was awful.

Hope you feel better soon, but since today is a sick day... we get a picture update during the day :)
I think my favorite thing at AoA is the sketch lights...they are so cool.

The sketches are cool, aren't they? That was a very creative idea!

You got pictures, for sure. I was wondering if some kind of daily limit sign was going to pop up! ;)

hey memom

It's 1am in the morning here and I cant sleep so a tour round the AOA is helping to make the hours go by.

What a gorgeous resort - and it feels like I have seen every nook and cranny - wonderful.

I'm getting excited as my trip is just over 5 weeks away now - I cant believe that year has gone by already since I first booked it.

Well best go and try to get to sleep as I have to be up at 5am for work

Hope you are feeling better today or tomorrow

You certainly saw quite a bit on your middle of the night tour. :thumbsup2

We had one trip that was over a year out. It was almost unbearable to wait it out, but when it arrived, we were over the top excited! :cool1:

Hope you didn't fall asleep at work. :eek:

AoA looks like a very cute resort. Since my kids are older now, I don't know that I really have much of a desire to stay there.

I'm sorry you have been sick, I'm glad that you are starting to feel better though.

I think I like it better for visiting. We like the food there, but I don't have any huge draw to stay there, especially in the suites. I will say, if the suites had balconies or outside doors, that would change my view somewhat.

I hope you feel better!!

Thanks for the awesome AoA pictures! It looks so lovely & especially when today at home is a dreary, rainy day! But I shouldn't complain, as this weekend was awesome weather.

I can't wait for NYE on the Poly beach! I don't know if I said, but I reserved a room at Pop! Noah may or may not come, it depends on his schedule but I'll be there!!

We had just the opposite here - a rainy weekend, but sun today.

We'll be at Pop, too. I am looking forward to seeing the big Christmas tree in front of Everything Pop again. I am also looking forward to seeing all of the AoA Christmas decorations in person.

Feel better!

I didn't realize that the family suites at AoA had interior halls and no balconies - just a window or two? Not sure how I feel about that.

I know how I feel about it - I think I would be wanting to open a window or a door to the outside at all times. You can confirm with Marc and Anita - I kept my balcony door at Beach Club open nearly all the time.

The Little Mermaid room looks great!!! I know Hollie and Hannah would love to stay there. I can see lots of pictures being taken with the larger than life characters outside!

Yes, they would love the Little Mermaid area and the pools. ::yes:: I hope our girls can cross paths in WDW one of these days. They would have fun swimming or playing on a playground.

Loved the tour around AoA!

I don't see us staying there with the boys now but it is really cute & I am sure the kids just love it. They did a great job with keeping with the themes.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Yeah, I can't see your husband caring too much to stay there, but maybe a visit to walk the grounds or have something from the food court would be enjoyable. He might think the cars are cute.

I loved the AoA pictures. So, little mermaid has exterior hallways and the other two have interior with no balconies? I find this strange for some reason? And, I bet the windows don't open.

Hope you are feeling better. 2 our of 4 of our family had that bug a few weeks ago - it was awful.

Yes, they have interior doors and windows that do not open. That is for the suites, anyway. Little Mermaid is set up just like Pop Century and the All Stars - doors opening to the outside walkway and windows that do not open.

I am ready for this little 'bug' to fly right on out of here. I tried another baked potato for lunch. It actually tasted good. We'll see what the evening holds.

You asked about SAT 10, didn't you? I can't remember the exact question, but it's the new TCAP. Older grades are still doing TCAP, but they are introducing SAT 10 at the lower levels. Abby will do fine. I just wish teachers would not be so judged on the test results.

Memom said:
I won't speak for the girls on that ride invitation. Not sure how well they know you, but I think you know each other from other reports before you came here, so who knows?

I love the prosepct of having a huge DISmeet in Nashville. Hopefully we can all get the time to go. The more the merrier.. Goofyfan is more than welcome.

So many comments I had to take notes.:lmao:
- Need to look at the ipad cases, my work ipad needs one
- Cute luggage tags. Always looking for a cute way to identify my luggage
- Exactly how early was that family eating inthe food court? :faint:
- Nice miss on the MeMom sighting in the mirror. ;)
- Did you catch the hidden Mickey in the shower? I think there are a few actually but I did see one pretty clear.
- We have the same pool Vacuum.:goodvibes ALways good to see a pump room shot. :rolleyes2
- Another early bird family in the pool or was it the same one eating?
- The carpet in the Lion King area was cool.
- 4 ft 11 in... I am not up on Florida statute but in NC anything 5 ft and over must have a lifeguard at all time. Hmmm seems like 4'11" is so they don't have to. :scratchin

Hope you feel better. You must have been pretty bad if you had to take another sick day :sick:

Woo-hoo!! Lots of pictures! Glad you are feeling better now. I was home sick today too, slept most of the day, but feeling a bit better now. :thumbsup2. We might try a LK suite for our next trip. We dont need all that room, but the thought of it is very appealing! We loved the busses and food court at Pop, but just cant do double beds. Thought we would do a mod, but for a little more money, we can have 2 tvs and 2 bathrooms, and still dedicated bussing and great food court. Luckily, I have many months to think about this. :rotfl2:

Hope you are feeling better!

Enjoyed the walk around AoA! I do want to stay there sometime....well honestly my "bucket list" is to stay at all the resorts at least once. ;)

I love the prosepct of having a huge DISmeet in Nashville. Hopefully we can all get the time to go. The more the merrier.. Goofyfan is more than welcome.

So many comments I had to take notes.:lmao:
- Need to look at the ipad cases, my work ipad needs one
- Cute luggage tags. Always looking for a cute way to identify my luggage
- Exactly how early was that family eating inthe food court? :faint:
- Nice miss on the MeMom sighting in the mirror. ;)
- Did you catch the hidden Mickey in the shower? I think there are a few actually but I did see one pretty clear.
- We have the same pool Vacuum.:goodvibes ALways good to see a pump room shot. :rolleyes2
- Another early bird family in the pool or was it the same one eating?
- The carpet in the Lion King area was cool.
- 4 ft 11 in... I am not up on Florida statute but in NC anything 5 ft and over must have a lifeguard at all time. Hmmm seems like 4'11" is so they don't have to. :scratchin

Hope you feel better. You must have been pretty bad if you had to take another sick day :sick:

I didn't pay attention to the other early people. I just wanted to get plenty of pictures and then get back over to Pop to join the others for the day. I'll have to go back and look.

The Mickey in the picture frame on the shower wall? That one I saw, but like you, I am sure there are others, when and if we get time to really look.

That is interesting about the 4' 11" information. I bet you are right.

It would not have been good for me at school today. I did eat a potato early in the day, and I fixed two eggs not long ago. If that stays where it belongs, I will go to school tomorrow. We start testing tomorrow, so I need to be there, but then again, if I feel like I have to run out of the room at some point, that is not going to work, either. I will have to make the call early in the morning.

Woo-hoo!! Lots of pictures! Glad you are feeling better now. I was home sick today too, slept most of the day, but feeling a bit better now. :thumbsup2. We might try a LK suite for our next trip. We dont need all that room, but the thought of it is very appealing! We loved the busses and food court at Pop, but just cant do double beds. Thought we would do a mod, but for a little more money, we can have 2 tvs and 2 bathrooms, and still dedicated bussing and great food court. Luckily, I have many months to think about this. :rotfl2:

Hope you feel better soon. I have slept so much since Friday when I got home! I will be sitting straight up, and then I will be asleep. :laughing:

The suites are pricey, I think. It does assure people that they can be together, but it's definitely more than two Pop rooms connected. I think for us it will be a place to visit and eat more than it will be a place to stay. Of course, if Jill likes it, they could start getting a suite, and I can get a single room in Little Mermaid. It won't be as ideal as it has been for me helping them out, but if she decides she likes the space, we could do it that way.

Hope you are feeling better!

Enjoyed the walk around AoA! I do want to stay there sometime....well honestly my "bucket list" is to stay at all the resorts at least once. ;)

We want to do the same. At one point, I did not think I would want to stay at GF, but I do want to stay there for at least one night, after all.

My eggs were good. :thumbsup2 Still feel very sleepy. I will be back in bed early tonight, though, and hopefully as good night's sleep will be the final piece in making tomorrow a different and much better day. :)

Good vibes for feeling better...:goodvibes

Hope you wake up feeling better tomorrow! :hug:

Loved the AOA pic tour!

We will be staying there very soon and I can't wait. I want to wake up under the sea. ::yes::

What tour of AoA! Thank you so much :goodvibes

Although for much of your "good morning" it was quite dark out. Love the merchandise and oh, the details of that resort, it's just remarkable.

Feel better soon!!!

The Mickey in the picture frame on the shower wall? That one I saw, but like you, I am sure there are others, when and if we get time to really look.

The frame is one and I think there is one in the jar between the 2 necklaces.

That is interesting about the 4' 11" information. I bet you are right.

It really hit home for me on that rule when it was suggested a pool we were constructing be 4'11" instead of 5' for that reason.... for us it was to save money. The idea was nixed and being a club instead of a hotel for a good reason. :) Leadership was trying to cut a corner that was riduculous.

It would not have been good for me at school today. I did eat a potato early in the day, and I fixed two eggs not long ago. If that stays where it belongs, I will go to school tomorrow. We start testing tomorrow, so I need to be there, but then again, if I feel like I have to run out of the room at some point, that is not going to work, either. I will have to make the call early in the morning.

Ugh it just sounds horrible. I hate when the body is being so unpredictable.

I am glad things are staying where they are supposed to be. I hope that continues and you fell good enough to be at school tomorrow.

That AoA room is so beautiful and its too funny that no one ended up staying there. I absolutely have to stay in one of those rooms someday. I just think they are so pretty.

Woo hoo :cool1: for more Disney time. Who wouldn't love that?

I saw that they 'played' on the wilde in wildebeest, but I didn't pay attention to other spellings. I'll have to check it out later.

OH! I didn't even realize that was a play on words. That makes a lot more sense! :rotfl: Thanks for the awesome tour of the resort! It looks amazing.

Love the tour of AoA - you are very thorough! It's just so immersive.
I :lmao: at the thought of just rumpling the bed covers! I would have laid down and taken a rest (even in the a.m.!) just to enjoy some quiet alone time!

I really hope you are already in bed and feeling better by now! Sending positive "feel better" vibes your way!

Well, I can't say I threw a coin in for your move, but I always end with 'May all Disney friends have their dreams come true', so if that counts, maybe the fountain helped. You know, fountain or no fountain, I have always wished for you to go back to Florida. :thumbsup2
That works for me. I've been hoping to go back to Florida WITH DBF for a LONG while.

Well this might explain something ;)
I don't know if it was our own wishes from the WL fountain in August, or some special MeMom magic, but you can add another Dis baby to the list. This one's due in October.
Still early days so don't know yet if we'll have another :earsgirl: or maybe this time a :earsboy: but apart from some pretty severe morning sickness all is going well :thumbsup2

Don't forget my "quarter in the fountain" baby!!! I'm convinced it was MeMom's quarter throwing skills... After close to two years of trying that's got to be the only explanation.

Little one is due October 1st :)

Yay for us having October babies! Mine is due the 10th. When is yours due?

Congratulations!! October is going to be a great month this year with the addition of 3 DIS babies:goodvibes

I will address this later today. I came home from school sick yesterday, and I am not doing so well at keeping my head up right now. As soon as I finish the responses, I am going to lay back down.

[/COLOR]
Feel better!!

Loved your pictures of AoA!!! I got to step foot on AoA property during opening year. When I was in Florida last June, I had breakfast and chatted with my SIL who was working there at the time. Only Finding Nemo section was open then, so I can't wait to see everything in person.

Thanks for the in-depth tour of AoA! I know I fell even more in love with it!:thumbsup2. I think I might have to look into staying there for my next trip! I don't know when that will be or who it will be with, but dreaming about it never hurts! ;)

Hope you're feeling a little better!:goodvibes

Thanks for the tour of AoA. We will probably never stay there so it was neat to see. Can't believe that no one slept there, LOL. I was just saying that to my dh as I was reading, when I saw you all went back to Pop. I like how you messed up the bed. I would have done that too. We finalized our Nov. trip at Windsor Hills for 2 weeks. Woohoo! I have mentioned to dh about staying one night at a deluxe to celebrate our anniversary. He said we could do that even though he hates the thought of moving for one day. Not sure he'll go for it when I tell him how much it will cost though. I really would like to do it some trip when the grandkids are with though so they could experience it too. Hope you're feeling better so you can get back to school for the testing. I'm sure the kids will do better if their teacher is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter