So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

I took the opportunity to check out AoA after meeting up with you at the end of March. It was a pretty cool place and the mood for each area certainly changes to match the movie. I do see what you were saying about the rooms in the Little Mermaid section.

Hey Memom

I hope you are feeling better soon. An Oct Dismeet sounds like a great idea but it would have to be a couple of years away for me as I have to save up ALOT of money :scared1:

But any excuse :goodvibes

Actually would love to do WDW at Christmas some day.

The AoA pools look sooo cool!! No wonder the kids had a blast! :woohoo:

I have to say I am in love with the shower in the Little Mermaid room! I love how the wall looks like her treasure trove! I'll have to add a stay there to my Disney bucket list!:thumbsup2

Hope you're feeling better MeMom!:goodvibes

Hope your feeling better.

Love that Nemo play area. The kids look like they had lots of fun!

That shower is very cool!

So you didn't stay there?? I can see why it would be a hassle for one night.

Lots of fun things to take pictures of!:thumbsup2

Good morning! I hope you feel better soon. It is not only you. Jason and I have been sick multiple times this year and we usually do not get sick. We have had strep throat, the flu, and I had pneumonia. Jason looks like he has strep throat again. He started antibiotics today. He is being a trooper. He is taking me out to eat for my birthday tonight at Ruth Chris and he will not reschedule even when I told him that it was fine with me. Hope you feel better on this rainy Saturday!

Hope your steak dinner was delicious and that Jason was able to eat comfortably. :) This has been a really crummy weekend for me. :sick: If I didn't need to be there so badly tomorrow for last minute getting ready for testing, I would go ahead and call in. I'm okay as long as I am just hanging out in bed, but when I get up to go throw a load of clothes in the laundry or empty trash or something, I feel yucky still. I can only hope that the next 12-15 hours pushes me through the rest of it and gets it over with.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Baby's due Oct 15th :)
And I second the suggestion from MeMom of an October birthday Dismeet - all being well this little one will get to celebrate their first birthday with a trip in October 2014 :thumbsup2

Hope you're starting to feel a little better MeMom, and thanks for still finding the time and energy to post the AoA pictures. I doubt that we will stay there but will certainly be taking our own little mermaid over their to look around. Maybe we should pinch your idea of booking a room for a night -I'd love to be able to use the Nemo pool ::yes::

Well, we can have a birthday party with all of our October DIS folks and Magic Kingdom and Epcot, since they are both October birthday parks. :goodvibes

We had every intention of having the girls spend the night over to AoA, but when night time came, it was just sort of a mutual feeling that it would be more trouble than it was worth to haul things over there.

I took the opportunity to check out AoA after meeting up with you at the end of March. It was a pretty cool place and the mood for each area certainly changes to match the movie. I do see what you were saying about the rooms in the Little Mermaid section.

Highly decorated. ::yes:: It's cute, but I think I am good with something a little lower themed for my down time in the room. Although, if Brandi decides to come down for part of a spring trip, we may end up getting a suite to get everyone in and together. I don't know. It's just a thought at this point.

Hey Memom

I hope you are feeling better soon. An Oct Dismeet sounds like a great idea but it would have to be a couple of years away for me as I have to save up ALOT of money :scared1:

But any excuse :goodvibes

Actually would love to do WDW at Christmas some day.

Any excuse to go to Disney World any time works for me.
It might not work for my bank account, though. :sad:

We are looking forward to our Christmas trip. I hope it's a warmish Christmas. not too warm, but warm enough not to have to take a lot of coats and such.

The AoA pools look sooo cool!! No wonder the kids had a blast! :woohoo:

I have to say I am in love with the shower in the Little Mermaid room! I love how the wall looks like her treasure trove! I'll have to add a stay there to my Disney bucket list!:thumbsup2

Hope you're feeling better MeMom!:goodvibes

Jill loved the shower, too. It is all very cute.

The kids had a blast running around that zero entry area. It was a very nice evening for swimming, too. Jill sat on a lawn chair and just rested most of the time, which is what she needed to do.

I am g,ad they are getting more family time

They were all happy with the decision to stay. Of course, they had to call Brandy's mom and okay it with her, as she had the youngest with her back here in Nashville. It was all fine with her, though.

Hope your feeling better.

Love that Nemo play area. The kids look like they had lots of fun!

That shower is very cool!

So you didn't stay there?? I can see why it would be a hassle for one night.

Lots of fun things to take pictures of!:thumbsup2

I might have stayed, but I would have had to haul my curlers and such over there, and I just didn't feel like doing so. I did go back the next morning, and I ruffled one of the beds a bit so it would look like someone had stayed there. :laughing: We used the towels for the pool, too.

I feel a lot better than I did on Friday, but by no means do I feel excited about facing school tomorrow. :worried:

AoA looks like it was really well-done!! How fun that you were able to check out the pools and the resort and the room!! :goodvibes

It worked out nicely for us to do it that way. That gave us two full days to go over and enjoy the pools, if we wanted to. We didn't go again the next day, though, as we were busy doing other things. It might have been a waste of money in a way, but it wasn't that much, as I recall, and it served its purpose for us at that time.

Continuing Hollywood Studios.

I saw this guy doing a video for a podcast website. When he paused, I asked if that what he was doing, and he said that he was and that he appreciated me speaking, and he hoped I would check them out. He gave me a card, but I'll have to find it - somewhere - because I can't remember it. :upsidedow

Oct2012Pt1311.jpg

/QUOTE]

I know I am way behind with this, but I have been catching up! The guy that you captured doing his podcast was Ace of the syndicated morning radio show "Ace and TJ." I've been listening to them for a long time, and they do this fabulous thing where every October they take a group of terminally ill or chronically disabled children and their families on an all expense paid trip to Disney World. It is always very touching to hear the stories of these families on the radio. You can read more about the program and see pictures on their website at www.grinkids.org. There are also some videos of the trip on youtube. Here is a link for the one you saw being filmed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WjReV8Wxac . Now that I know you were around, I spotted Jill and Bella in the background around the 1:40 mark. I would recommend some kleenex before watching some of the trip videos! ::yes::

I have been enjoying your pictures from your October trip. Every time I see fall pictures from the Magic Kingdom, I tell myself that I have to make it there at that time of the year sometime in the near future! I also love all your Art of Animation photos. I was at Pop Century the first day that AoA was open to the public, and we pride ourselves on saying that we ate in the food court and walked around there on the first day. I understand your desire to stake a claim in the first year too. I do think it is funny that at the end of the day, the room remained empty! At least you accomplished what you set out to do, and you did it legally! :thumbsup2

I enjoy continuing to follow your family and watch your grandchildren grow. I can't believe that Bella turned 4! Even though I don't post often, I'm pretty sure that I have been following your family's trips since before she was born. We went to Disney World last summer and probably won't make it back for at least a couple more years, so I always enjoy living vicariously through your family. Although, I am happy to report that we have booked a two-bedroom suite at Disney's Hilton Head Resort in July. We've never stayed there before (and are not DVC members), but were able to get a reservation open to the public. We thought that would be a little Disney to get us through until the next time! I'm pretty sure that at least it will be a more relaxing vacation!

I hope you have a great week.

Man, I really want to stay there. The pool and rooms look awesome! I'm happy that they got to stay a little longer. I hope you are feeling better.

New Years will be a blast.
Sounds like a huge party!!! :crowded:

I think We have a carpool going. :drive:
Yay! More the merrier! :goodvibes
Guess I need to work on putting together plans to make it. I'm assuming this is an invite to tag along and join the carpool??? :confused3

The Christmas to New Year time is so busy in WDW, but it is neat to see all the decorations, and it's a good time for some of our family members to be able to get off of work without using too many days, since they already have some holiday time built in. :thumbsup2 We plan to be on the Polynesian beach on NYE, so come on down!
Poly Beach.....NYE......got it! :thumbsup2

You two won't get too silly on the road, will you, with all of your singing and dancing and laughing behind the wheel. You might embarrass Hannah. :goodvibes
I won't even fool myself into thinking I might have any positive behavioral influence over those two............ :blush: :rolleyes2

The Little Mermaid rooms at AoA have some great theming! :thumbsup2

Isn't it funny that you can make all these plans and when it comes right down to it, the kids are always excited about getting to the pool! :rotfl:

Extra time in Disney? Every kid's dream! (And mine.)

OH goodness, the Little Mermaid rooms look especially perfect. So awesome! The whole resort looks wonderful, except there do seem to be a few spelling errors on some of the signs. That's very strange to me! :confused3

I know I am way behind with this, but I have been catching up! The guy that you captured doing his podcast was Ace of the syndicated morning radio show "Ace and TJ." I've been listening to them for a long time, and they do this fabulous thing where every October they take a group of terminally ill or chronically disabled children and their families on an all expense paid trip to Disney World. It is always very touching to hear the stories of these families on the radio. You can read more about the program and see pictures on their website at www.grinkids.org. There are also some videos of the trip on youtube. Here is a link for the one you saw being filmed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WjReV8Wxac . Now that I know you were around, I spotted Jill and Bella in the background around the 1:40 mark. I would recommend some kleenex before watching some of the trip videos!

I have been enjoying your pictures from your October trip. Every time I see fall pictures from the Magic Kingdom, I tell myself that I have to make it there at that time of the year sometime in the near future! I also love all your Art of Animation photos. I was at Pop Century the first day that AoA was open to the public, and we pride ourselves on saying that we ate in the food court and walked around there on the first day. I understand your desire to stake a claim in the first year too. I do think it is funny that at the end of the day, the room remained empty! At least you accomplished what you set out to do, and you did it legally!

I enjoy continuing to follow your family and watch your grandchildren grow. I can't believe that Bella turned 4! Even though I don't post often, I'm pretty sure that I have been following your family's trips since before she was born. We went to Disney World last summer and probably won't make it back for at least a couple more years, so I always enjoy living vicariously through your family. Although, I am happy to report that we have booked a two-bedroom suite at Disney's Hilton Head Resort in July. We've never stayed there before (and are not DVC members), but were able to get a reservation open to the public. We thought that would be a little Disney to get us through until the next time! I'm pretty sure that at least it will be a more relaxing vacation!

I hope you have a great week.

I am glad you had some insight on this. I think I wrote it down somewhere or still have the card, but after I wrote it on here, I really had forgotten about it again. It's nice to hear the story of the good works they are doing.

It is very cool that you got to be at AoA on opening day, and we know exactly how you feel, because we got to go all through New Fantasyland, including eating at Gaston's Tavern on opening day. To Disney geeks, that's fun stuff! :thumbsup2

Hilton Head will be an awesome Disney fix, of course! We will look forward to pictures and your reviews. ::yes::

Man, I really want to stay there. The pool and rooms look awesome! I'm happy that they got to stay a little longer. I hope you are feeling better.

I made the mistake of trying to eat a plain baked potato. It was not a wise decision. I am nowhere near ready to be back at school - still have serious stomach cramps and a fever - so I will be home today. It is really bad timing, with testing starting tomorrow.

I hope you will get that Art of Animation stay. :goodvibes

Sounds like a huge party!!!

Guess I need to work on putting together plans to make it. I'm assuming this is an invite to tag along and join the carpool???

Poly Beach.....NYE......got it!

I won't even fool myself into thinking I might have any positive behavioral influence over those two............

The Little Mermaid rooms at AoA have some great theming!

Isn't it funny that you can make all these plans and when it comes right down to it, the kids are always excited about getting to the pool!

I won't speak for the girls on that ride invitation. Not sure how well they know you, but I think you know each other from other reports before you came here, so who knows?

I remember never wanting to get out of the pool when I was a kid, either. That was the best things about a vacation. That and eating out, which we rarely did at home.

Extra time in Disney? Every kid's dream! (And mine.)

OH goodness, the Little Mermaid rooms look especially perfect. So awesome. The whole resort looks wonderful, except there do seem to be a few spelling errors on some of the signs. That's very strange to me! :confused3

I saw that they 'played' on the wilde in wildebeest, but I didn't pay attention to other spellings. I'll have to check it out later.

I want someone to ask me if I want to stay two extra days at the end of a trip sometime! :woohoo:

The next morning, I went back to Art of Animation.

From morning at Pop...

Oct2012Middle815.jpg

Oct2012Middle816.jpg

Oct2012Middle817.jpg

to morning at AoA.

Oct2012Middle818.jpg

Oct2012Middle819.jpg

Oct2012Middle820.jpg

Oct2012Middle821.jpg

Oct2012Middle822.jpg

Oct2012Middle823.jpg

Oct2012Middle824.jpg

Oct2012Middle825.jpg

Oct2012Middle826.jpg

Nice and open in this shop - not difficult to push a stroller around, when you have little ones with you. Pop's is not as easy to maneuver.

Oct2012Middle827.jpg

Oct2012Middle828.jpg

Oct2012Middle829.jpg

Oct2012Middle830.jpg

Oct2012Middle831.jpg

Oct2012Middle832.jpg

Oct2012Middle833.jpg

Oct2012Middle834.jpg

Oct2012Middle835.jpg

Oct2012Middle836.jpg

Oct2012Middle837.jpg

Oct2012Middle838.jpg

Oct2012Middle839.jpg

Oct2012Middle840.jpg

Oct2012Middle841.jpg

Lest we forget it is still October here in April...

Oct2012Middle842.jpg

Oct2012Middle843.jpg

Oct2012Middle844.jpg

Oct2012Middle845.jpg

Oct2012Middle846.jpg

Oct2012Middle847.jpg

Oct2012Middle848.jpg

Oct2012Middle849.jpg

Oct2012Middle850.jpg

Oct2012Middle851.jpg

Oct2012Middle852.jpg

Oct2012Middle853.jpg

Oct2012Middle854.jpg

Oct2012Middle855.jpg

Things you might need that you didn't think to bring from home.

Oct2012Middle856.jpg

Landscapes of Flavor.

Oct2012Middle857.jpg

Oct2012Middle858.jpg

Oct2012Middle859.jpg

Oct2012Middle860.jpg

Oct2012Middle861.jpg

Oct2012Middle862.jpg

Oct2012Middle863.jpg

Oct2012Middle864.jpg

Oct2012Middle865.jpg

Outside, the gulls were ready for the day's catch.

Oct2012Middle866.jpg

Oct2012Middle867.jpg

Good morning, my friend!

Oct2012Middle868.jpg

Oct2012Middle869.jpg

Oct2012Middle870.jpg

I voluntarily got in the elevator, so I guess my knee was hurting.

Oct2012Middle871.jpg

In the room again. Some of these pictures will be repeats.

Oct2012Middle872.jpg

Oct2012Middle873.jpg

Oct2012Middle874.jpg

Oct2012Middle875.jpg

Oct2012Middle876.jpg

Oct2012Middle877.jpg

Oct2012Middle878.jpg

Oct2012Middle879.jpg

Oct2012Middle880.jpg

Oct2012Middle881.jpg

Oct2012Middle882.jpg

Oct2012Middle883.jpg

Oct2012Middle884.jpg

I liked the floor in the sink area.

Oct2012Middle885.jpg

Oct2012Middle886.jpg

Oct2012Middle887.jpg

Oct2012Middle888.jpg

Oct2012Middle889.jpg

Oct2012Middle890.jpg

Oct2012Middle891.jpg

Feeling somewhat guilty for not sleeping here, I pulled one of the bed covers about halfway off and ruffled the blanket up a bit. :laughing:

Standing outside our door.

Oct2012Middle892.jpg

Oct2012Middle893.jpg

Oct2012Middle894.jpg

Oct2012Middle895.jpg

Oct2012Middle896.jpg

Oct2012Middle897.jpg

Oct2012Middle898.jpg

Oct2012Middle899.jpg

Oct2012Middle900.jpg

Oct2012Middle901.jpg

Oct2012Middle902.jpg

Oct2012Middle903.jpg

Oct2012Middle904.jpg

Oct2012Middle905.jpg

Oct2012Middle906.jpg

Oct2012Middle907.jpg

Oct2012Middle908.jpg

Next, I went in to check out one of the Lion King suite buildings.

Oct2012Middle909.jpg

Oct2012Middle910.jpg

Oct2012Middle911.jpg

Oct2012Middle912.jpg

I did not ride in this elevator.

Oct2012Middle913.jpg

Hope you feel better soon, but since today is a sick day... we get a picture update during the day :)
I think my favorite thing at AoA is the sketch lights...they are so cool.

Oct2012Middle939.jpg

Oct2012Middle940.jpg

Oct2012Middle941.jpg

Oct2012Middle942.jpg

Cone cabana - nice idea.

Oct2012Middle943.jpg

Oct2012Middle944.jpg

Oct2012Middle945.jpg

Oct2012Middle946.jpg

Oct2012Middle947.jpg

Oct2012Middle948.jpg

Oct2012Middle949.jpg

Oct2012Middle950.jpg

Oct2012Middle951.jpg

Some maintenance being done on a cabana this morning.

Oct2012Middle952.jpg

Laundry facilities.

Oct2012Middle953.jpg

Oct2012Middle954.jpg

Oct2012Middle955.jpg

Nice restroom and showers.

Oct2012Middle956.jpg

Oct2012Middle957.jpg

Oct2012Middle958.jpg

Oct2012Middle959.jpg

Looks like I walked through the building to get to the lake area.

Oct2012Middle960.jpg

Oct2012Middle961.jpg

Oct2012Middle962.jpg

Oct2012Middle963.jpg

Okay, with all of those pictures, you should all feel like you've stayed there now, right???

Have a good Monday!
I think my fever has finally broken, and the headache is subsiding.
Now just have to give the stomach a little more time to get things in order, and I should be normal again - thank heavens!!!

hey memom

It's 1am in the morning here and I cant sleep so a tour round the AOA is helping to make the hours go by.

What a gorgeous resort - and it feels like I have seen every nook and cranny - wonderful.

I'm getting excited as my trip is just over 5 weeks away now - I cant believe that year has gone by already since I first booked it.

Well best go and try to get to sleep as I have to be up at 5am for work :worried:

Hope you are feeling better today or tomorrow :confused3 :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter